The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Betta Fish"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

realtyamazed 189 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-25-05, 07:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail realtyamazed Click to send private message to realtyamazed Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Betta Fish"
If you own one, what is the suggested feeding for it. I have seen anywhere from once every other day to three times a day. Any other precautions?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Betta Fish SilverStar 02-25-05 1
   RE: Betta Fish realtyamazed 02-25-05 3
       RE: Betta Fish SilverStar 02-25-05 4
           RE: Betta Fish realtyamazed 02-25-05 5
 RE: Betta Fish J Slice 02-25-05 2
 RE: Betta Fish Drive My Car 02-25-05 6
   RE: Betta Fish realtyamazed 02-25-05 7
       RE: Betta Fish Drive My Car 02-25-05 15
 interesting cqvenus 02-25-05 8
   RE: interesting I_AM_HE 02-25-05 10
   RE: interesting ARnutz 02-25-05 14
       okay... cqvenus 02-26-05 23
 RE: Betta Fish Breezy 02-25-05 9
 RE: Betta Fish frisky 02-25-05 11
   RE: Betta Fish I_AM_HE 02-25-05 12
 RE: Betta Fish skye 02-25-05 13
   RE: Betta Fish Drive My Car 02-25-05 16
       RE: Betta Fish skye 02-26-05 19
 RE: Betta Fish Molaholic 02-26-05 17
   RE: Betta Fish Drive My Car 02-26-05 18
 RE: Betta Fish Steen 02-26-05 20
 RE: Betta Fish syren 02-26-05 21
 RE: Betta Fish Surveysez 02-26-05 22
   RE: Betta Fish realtyamazed 02-26-05 24
       RE: Betta Fish cqvenus 02-26-05 25
           RE: Betta Fish Surveysez 02-26-05 26
               dumb fish cqvenus 02-26-05 28
                   RE: dumb fish Surveysez 02-26-05 29
 Tough as nails strid333 02-26-05 27
   RE: Tough as nails Molaholic 02-26-05 30
       RE: Tough as nails realtyamazed 03-03-05 31
 Raiseyoua Whale IceCat 03-03-05 32
   RE: Raiseyoua Whale realtyamazed 03-03-05 33
   card shark moonbaby 03-03-05 34

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-25-05, 07:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Betta Fish"
Please, for the love of your fish- feed it 3 times a day. LOL. I killed my betta fish because I read the instructions wrong and fed it 3 times a week. Poor little guy.

Syren is the bestest. It's true.
RIP Javier. Sorry I starved you to death.

02-25-05, 07:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail realtyamazed Click to send private message to realtyamazed Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Betta Fish"
ok, bad enough they live alone...I certainly don't want to starve it.

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-05, 08:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Betta Fish"
He actually lived a really long time, considering....

Syren is the bestest. It's true.
I've been thinking of getting another, but I'm not sure I'm a fit mother. Heh

02-25-05, 08:03 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Betta Fish"
He is still alive, but I don't want to starve him or make him bigger then his tank.

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-05, 07:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Betta Fish"
A pinch of food a day.

I had two Bettas for a long while, but alas, now they're in the fishy underworld.

Freshly Baked. Thanks IceCat!

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-05, 08:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Betta Fish"
We feed ours once a day, but have left him to go out of town for a couple days and he was fine.

His name is Scab.

but my child insists on calling him Marlin

02-25-05, 08:11 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Betta Fish"
How often do you change the water in it's tank??? Either partially or completely?

02-25-05, 11:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Betta Fish"

I'm bad, I am sure I don't change it often enough.
I add water when it gets a little low, if it still looks clean.
It also depends on if you have a plant in there or not.
But if it gets murky, wash it. Never add tap water, only bottled drinking water ( I buy that cheap store stuff by the gallon jug). Those big glass stones help, the sediment falls down between the rocks and it stays clean longer.

Say it's name when you feed it, and talk to it. They do recognize your voice and will wiggle and get excited when you talk to them. Like Breezy says in her post below, they are very personaable fish, and they like attention.
Our first Betta was Louie, and he lived almost 5 years.
They are beautiful and pretty low maintenance. I wouldn't worry about it getting too big, I have only seen them in one size, I don't think they grow like other fish.

This is similar to how I have mine.

They are more of a pet than a fish.

And it's nice to see you playing with us on the OT, Amazed.

cqvenus 9765 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-05, 09:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "interesting"

i just happened to become the owner of a betta fish the other day. he was given to me in a bowl. then the bowl wasn't enough. no, no. we had to go buy a 10 gallon tank and friends for him. so now i have *five* fish. (1 rainbow shark, 3 tiger barbs, and the original 1 betta).

i named the betta skeletor, so i guess i brought the rest of the fish upon myself. skeletor, i am informed, just begs that we have a he-man. so we got the shark to be he-man. and the 3 tiger barbs are, naturally, moe larry and curly. (*shrug* i don't get it either). but the name of the shark has since been changed to jaws. i just call him shark. the 3 tiger barbs i call "annoying fish" and the betta is probably going to kill them because they're nippy and annoying. but the betta? is still skeletor.

by the power of greyskull, to answer your question, i feed mine a pinch 3 times a day (about 5 or 6 of those pellets), because that's what most of the crap i read said to do. it also said in a bowl to change 1/3 the water once a week. but since mine's in an aquarium with a filter now, i don't have to do that part.

~ cq

over/under on the longevity of the tiger barbs? anyone? bueller?

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-05, 10:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: interesting"
lol. you should get one of those sucker fish and name it orko

ARnutz 13937 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-05, 11:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: interesting"
You should name one of the tiger barbs Cringer or Battle Cat!

Never, ever feed mushrooms to fish!

'nutz: Proud member of the inoffensive OT Triumvirate... and Shroomhater! - shroom go boom!

02-26-05, 03:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "okay..."

... this fish thing is totally out of control.

i now have a total of seven fish, as we added a pictus catfish and an algae eater today. their names are mermaid man and barnacle boy.

must.stay.out.of.petstore

~ cq

they now have a pretty castley rock thing and a skull (for skeletor)

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-05, 09:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Betta Fish"
A small pinch of food a day. Ours gets a treat of dried blood worms on friday.

Betta's are so cool, ours knows who his owner is. When I feed him he just watches me, when Breezygirl feeds him he swims and flutters and grabs the food. *sigh*

Save a horse, ride a cowboy. Sigpic by Syren.

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-05, 10:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Betta Fish"
Add a pinch of salt and a couple of pepper flakes, depending on the size of the fish.

As The Blog Turns.
*licks chops*

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-05, 10:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Betta Fish"
frisky! caught with your hand in the fishie jar!

skye 2261 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

02-25-05, 10:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail skye Click to send private message to skye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Betta Fish"
I inheirited one from my ex-husband when he relocated back to BC and in spite of the fact that I only fed it about 3 times/week and hardly ever cleaned his tank he lived to be about 4 years old.

A SigGoddess Syren Original

02-25-05, 11:18 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Betta Fish"
They are pretty hearty fish.

Did you have a plant in yours? I think it helps with the oxygen in the water, and if you forget to feed them, they nibble on the roots.

skye 2261 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

02-26-05, 07:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail skye Click to send private message to skye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Betta Fish"
Nope. Just a plastic plant and a skull he liked to hide in. I heard somewhere that bettas like their water a little on the "murky side" though. Maybe he thrived on algae?

A SigGoddess Syren Original

Molaholic 9015 desperate attention whore postings

02-26-05, 00:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Betta Fish"
My Betta -- JJ -- lasted about 3 1/2 years with lots of inattention and feedings ranging anywhere from daily to weekly (and sometimes weakly). He did have a plant. Water was changed when the "bouquet" called. -- actually, after about 2 yrs, we changed water every three weeks or so. While he seemed to enjoy the swim in the sink (sooooo big!) the transfer process was, shall we say, a bit of a "thrill".

He was a gift from a friend. Still have the little colored stones on a bench in the patio. Maybe I'll get another.

Yet another Syren gem © MMV
Is it too soon to start a 1000-DAW countdown?

02-26-05, 00:18 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Betta Fish"

See, I just pour my fish into a glass, then quickly wash out the bowl, rinse the rocks in a colinder, and pour him back in with some fresh water. Takes all of 10 minutes at the most.

Hmmmmm, I must be really lazy to not clean his house more often.

Steen 1544 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

02-26-05, 09:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Steen Click to send private message to Steen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Betta Fish"
Aww I loved my Betta, he just died a coupla months ago, so he was about 4 years old. I fed him 2 pieces of food a day (the lil ball shaped food) and changed the wter every couple months. Oh I loved that fish I was getting scared that my parents would flush him when i go away to college, sadly Oogley didnt make it

Be careful when you clean his tank/bowl. Once mine jumped out of the water on to the counter, I was yelling for my brother to help me pick him up cuz i couldnt get him. They really are great pets, good luck with yours!

J Slice '03

syren 5418 desperate attention whore postings

02-26-05, 09:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail syren Click to send private message to syren Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Betta Fish"
Sorry, I can't help. Bettas are pretty though. I was just always a little partial to my Oscars.

Surveysez 2793 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

02-26-05, 10:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Surveysez Click to send private message to Surveysez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Betta Fish"
When we first got bettas, the pet store said to feed them daily. After a while, their fins started to clump together and look raggeddy. We called a different pet store, and they said the symptoms were from overfeeding, and to reduce it to every two to three days (we were using bloodworms). With the change in feeding, Rainbow Warrior recovered, but sadly the younger DD's fish, Free Willie, expired. Eventually Rain's fins grew back properly. But thre sure do seem to be a lot of different opinions (and from professionals too) on how to feed them.

I child proofed my house and they still get in.

02-26-05, 04:19 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Betta Fish"
Can Bettas live with fish that are non bettas?

02-26-05, 07:06 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Betta Fish"

they sure can!

they said at the pet store to get non-aggressive tropical fish that aren't too big and aren't too pretty. cuz too pretty the betta will think it's another betta and try to kill it.

my aquarium now has 6 non-bettas and 1 betta.

~ cq

02-26-05, 08:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Surveysez Click to send private message to Surveysez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Betta Fish"
what cq said. And if you put two betta tanks too close together, they will spend all their time looking into the house next door and puffing out their fins and just being poo heads to the neighbour. They will do this to their reflection, too.

I child proofed my house and they still get in.

02-26-05, 09:21 PM (EST)
28. "dumb fish"

skeletor does that. to his reflection i mean. he's an idiot.

since we put in a cave thing we don't see him very much any more. the cave is HIS. they should call these things b@stardfish.

~ cq

i had a quote to put here but i forgot it.

02-26-05, 09:33 PM (EST)
29. "RE: dumb fish"
The first time the poohead puffed up, the kids thought he was dying of internal pressure, and was going to explode. They don't put pictures in the books of how dumb they can look. And if you only have a betta, the water stays clean forever, compared to goldfish.

I don't suffer from insanity, I revel in it.

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings

02-26-05, 09:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "Tough as nails"
My brother has one. He pretty much feeds it every day. He gives it 10-15 of the Betta food pellets. But he has been known to forget to feed it everyday (but it's never gone more than 2 days withoug food). It is still alive (after almost 2 years).

Three is the perfect number.

Molaholic 9015 desperate attention whore postings

02-26-05, 10:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Tough as nails"
"Tough as nails" my rosie red tookas ... I tried to get some nails to go with my Betta, but the stooopid nails just sank to the bottom, never swam or interacted with the fishy. But at least they never pooed and didn't eat much.

Yet another Syren gem © MMV
Is it too soon to start a 1000-DAW countdown?

03-03-05, 09:39 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Tough as nails"
My betta needs to eat twice a day, and I have to change the water once a week.

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

03-03-05, 09:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "Raiseyoua Whale"

03-03-05, 09:58 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Raiseyoua Whale"
Well, not yet...guess I should prepare the swimming pool.

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

03-03-05, 10:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "card shark"

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •