The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Today's good news"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-24-05, 09:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Today's good news"
LAST EDITED ON 02-24-05 AT 09:12 AM (EST)

Yes, I know that *I* am usually not the one for starting these kinds of threads unless it involves good things for the GOP, but this is actually good news for me.

I've got a new job (I know, you weren't even aware I was looking).

Back in December, Christmas Eve as a matter of fact, my former employer had a top down change starting with the Board of Directors and rolling all the way down directly to my direct boss. My new boss, without even having a conversation with me, decides that he needs to make room for his own cronies and promptly converts me from an employee to an unpaid consultant - meaning that any of the sales I was working on would get paid on a commission basis only. So, I have been essentially out of work for two months.

Earlier this week, after hours and hours and hours of interviews I received an offer from a company that sells technology solutions for bars. It's actually a nice little bump in pay, a GREAT bunch of people in a small family-like environment AND my very first day on the job I'll be spending at the Nightclub and Bar Convention in Las Vegas.

Life can be pretty good.

To top it all off, the 'project' that I was working on with my old company is going to sign a contract that, under my revised consultant agreement, will pay me twice in commission what I would have recieved as an employee - which is a very nice FU to the guy who is now scrambling to try to hire me back. It is a HUGE $6M deal that I am going to get paid on AND have a wonderful new job to boot. God does have a plan after all!

So, how about everyone else out there in OT-land? What is YOUR good news of the day?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Today's good news desert_rhino 02-24-05 1
   RE: Today's good news PagongRatEater 02-24-05 4
       RE: Today's good news desert_rhino 02-24-05 16
           RE: Today's good news ginger 02-24-05 39
 RE: Today's good news Draco Malfoy 02-24-05 2
   RE: Today's good news mrc 02-24-05 28
 RE: Today's good news frisky 02-24-05 3
   RE: Today's good news PagongRatEater 02-24-05 7
       RE: Today's good news frisky 02-24-05 8
           RE: Today's good news PagongRatEater 02-24-05 9
 RE: Today's good news Breezy 02-24-05 5
 RE: Today's good news Poncho 02-24-05 6
   RE: Today's good news thndrkttn 02-24-05 14
       RE: Today's good news Poncho 02-24-05 27
 RE: Today's good news txmomma26 02-24-05 10
 RE: Today's good news seahorse 02-24-05 11
 RE: Today's good news thndrkttn 02-24-05 12
   RE: Today's good news PagongRatEater 02-24-05 15
   RE: Today's good news Poncho 02-24-05 29
   RE: Today's good news minitroll 02-24-05 46
 RE: Today's good news newsomewayne 02-24-05 13
 RE: Today's good news KeithFan 02-24-05 17
   RE: Today's good news PagongRatEater 02-24-05 19
       RE: Today's good news KeithFan 02-24-05 23
 RE: Today's good news Seana 02-24-05 18
 RE: Today's good news badger 02-24-05 20
   RE: Today's good news Surveysez 02-24-05 21
       RE: Today's good news desert_rhino 02-24-05 25
 RE: Today's good news true 02-24-05 22
 RE: Today's good news greenmonstah 02-24-05 24
 RE: Today's good news anotherkim 02-24-05 26
 RE: Today's good news Jims02 02-24-05 30
 RE: Today's good news AugustGirl 02-24-05 31
   RE: Today's good news probably clueless 02-24-05 32
 RE: Today's good news Silvergirl1 02-24-05 33
 RE: Today's good news nailbone 02-24-05 34
 RE: Today's good news probably clueless 02-24-05 35
   RE: Today's good news PagongRatEater 02-24-05 37
       RE: Today's good news probably clueless 02-24-05 40
           RE: Today's good news PagongRatEater 02-24-05 44
               Tech Quest probably clueless 02-24-05 45
       RE: Today's good news nailbone 02-24-05 41
 RE: Today's good news Lisapooh 02-24-05 36
 RE: Today's good news Wheezy 02-24-05 38
 RE: Today's good news DebCapsFan 02-24-05 42
   WARNING!! probably clueless 02-24-05 43
 RE: Today's good news minitroll 02-24-05 47

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

desert_rhino 10087 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-05, 09:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail desert_rhino Click to send private message to desert_rhino Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Today's good news"
Congratulations! Does this mean you'll stop whining about how much taxes you have to pay to support jobless lowlifes and questionable artistic endeavours?

02-24-05, 09:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Today's good news"
Nope. I gotta be be - but FTR I stayed away from that whole useful purpose of the arts conversation.

You're starting a new job too, right? If so - Congrats!

More money means even MORE taxes.

02-24-05, 09:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail desert_rhino Click to send private message to desert_rhino Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Today's good news"
Yes, I start the 7th... Should be interesting.

But you can AFFORD it so much better than us peons who're just trying to make rent every month.

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-05, 11:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Today's good news"
LAST EDITED ON 02-24-05 AT 03:57 PM (EST)

Conga rats to the Rat, and mazel tov to JV.

ETA: Does well-wishing Pre and JV in the same post open up a black hole in the universe?

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-05, 09:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Today's good news"
For the first time in about a week, I have no sniffles, sneezes, coughs, throat scratches, headaches, or toothaches.

Oh, and I made a new siggy.

be good be good

mrc 10113 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-05, 11:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Today's good news"
Bwahahahahaha! Luv the new siggy, Draco!

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-05, 09:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Today's good news"
Wow! That's great news, PRE! It doesn't get any better than that.

So what kind of "technology" will you be implementing in AyaK Blowhard Bar and Grill?

As The Blog Turns.
The bad news? I'm sick. The good news? I have to stay home.

02-24-05, 09:11 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Today's good news"
This company has invented a device that through wireless technology, can provide real time inventory of your entire bar, track every pour, and cut about 140 hours a year out of the average bars need for manpower. Eventually, it will also automatically be able to bill it to the customer at the time of pouring, trigger re-ordering and provide an entire Enterprise Resource Planning function.

I will be working directly with the distributors, so it's also a little bit higher level of sale - which I really like as well.

If you are home, you should definitely still be sleeping. Feel better soon!

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-05, 09:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Today's good news"
So what you're telling us is that you will be replacing hot bardudes with a "device?"

As The Blog Turns.
*headbutt*

02-24-05, 09:16 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Today's good news"
Most definitely not. We are freeing up the hot bar dudes to allow them to have more time to chat up beautiful ladies since they don't have to run over to the computer all the time.

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-05, 09:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Today's good news"
Great news! Congrats on all the good happening for you.

My good news? hmmmmmmm my fridge is clean and sparkly...

Save a horse, ride a cowboy. Sigpic by Syren.

Poncho 787 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-24-05, 09:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Poncho Click to send private message to Poncho Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Today's good news"
LAST EDITED ON 02-24-05 AT 09:11 AM (EST)

Congrats PRE!!!! Sounds like a great job

Poncho

edited to say I have no good news - I have been in a crappy mood for about a week But at least the family is healthy, we have a roof over our head and we have jobs...

thndrkttn 3216 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-24-05, 09:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail thndrkttn Click to send private message to thndrkttn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Today's good news"

Big hugs Poncho! I felt the same way last fall. Was in a terrible mood for about two months. My husband bought me a cat to make me feel better and it actually worked.

Cheer up! It's almost Spring.

02-24-05, 10:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Poncho Click to send private message to Poncho Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Today's good news"
Hugs back at you Thanks so much thndrkttn!! I have 2 dogs now, but it sure would be nice if my hubby would get me a new puppy

Poncho

txmomma26 5825 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-05, 09:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail txmomma26 Click to send private message to txmomma26 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Today's good news"
Congrats to the Rolling Rat! That's great news.

My good news? I get to go shopping for wedding dress material on Saturday.

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-05, 09:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Today's good news"
Great news PRE. I am so happy for you. I hope things work out even better than you anticipate.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

thndrkttn 3216 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-24-05, 09:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail thndrkttn Click to send private message to thndrkttn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Today's good news"
AND my very first day on the job I'll be spending at the Nightclub and Bar Convention in Las Vegas.

Now that sounds like a good time! Congrats PRE!

Me? I close on my very first home in 3 hours and 38 minutes. Our closing costs ended up being a grand lower than we thought. My PITA MIL actually did something nice for us and sent us $500 to hlep refinish our hardwoods. We found out that our hardwoods AREN'T going to need to be refinished so that is now going towards buying a rug for the dining room.

Weeeeeeeeee!!!

02-24-05, 09:29 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Today's good news"
That's great news TK. Enjoy the new home!

02-24-05, 11:07 AM (EST)
29. "RE: Today's good news"
Whaooo TK! That is wonderful. We are about to start building our first "real" house and I am excited about that.
Have fun decorating your new home.

Poncho

minitroll 3901 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-24-05, 01:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail minitroll Click to send private message to minitroll Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: Today's good news"
Congratulations TK! Isn't it nice to have the stress of escrow over with?

newsomewayne 9353 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-05, 09:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Today's good news"
Great news, PRE. So, where ya' stayin' in Vegas?

Proud member of DNRC.
On the keyboard of life, always keep one finger on the escape key.

KeithFan 7422 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-05, 09:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Today's good news"
Great news PRE!! The cream always rises!

I have a question for you though about your tech. What happens if the bartender is making the drinks a little to strong (or weak), doesn't that f up the inventory?

As for my good news, well, I have to work tonight, then I get a 3 day weekend and then it's off to Minneapolis to watch the girls compete.

02-24-05, 09:54 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Today's good news"
Actually the cool thing about it is that it measures actual volume and still allows the bartender to free-pour. There are other products that simply will just allow the bartender to pour a single shot, this lets them pour whatever and actually measures the volume that flows through the spout. It is actually sophisticated enough that it can compensate for differing flow rates, speed of pour, bottle sizes, etc.

It still allows the bartender to pour as little or as much as they want - since sometimes you overpour to make a customer happy and that is just part of being in hospitality. But bartenders who abuse that, or take cash for drinks, won't like the device very much at all.

KeithFan 7422 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-05, 10:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Today's good news"
Dang! That's high tech! I wonder how long before that hits us here in fly-over country! Well, at least I have a robot that counts tablets for me.

Seana 5044 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-05, 09:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Seana Click to send private message to Seana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Today's good news"
Hooray for you, PRE! I bet that's just a huge load off your mind. Nothing like not knowing where the mortgage payment's coming from to keep life interesting.

My good news is that there have been no altercations in the house since yesterday morning.

Nice new siggy, Draco.

badger 1273 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-24-05, 10:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail badger Click to send private message to badger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Today's good news"
congrats on the new job, pre.

i'll be waiting for the benefits of your higher income here in trickle-down-economics land.

Surveysez 2793 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

02-24-05, 10:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Surveysez Click to send private message to Surveysez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Today's good news"
*snort*

Seriously, best wishes on the new opportunity to the rolling rat. My good news? I didn't see my name in the obits this morning, so things must be okay.

I'm just a tad on the grumpy side this am.

02-24-05, 10:22 AM (EST)
25. "RE: Today's good news"
Heh... I tell people my standard for a good day is waking up on the right side of the dirt. I *does* make it easier to meet the minimum requirements...

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-05, 10:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Today's good news"
That is excellent news, PRE! Congrats on the great new job.

My good news? I bought a beautiful cashmere sweater yesterday for $25! Ahhh, end of season clearance makes me bery bery happy.

greenmonstah 10761 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-05, 10:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail greenmonstah Click to send private message to greenmonstah Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Today's good news"
Happy, happy news my friend! You are truly blessed!

My good news for the day? I got a new screen saver of A-Rod running down the first base line, swinging a girlie-girl purse. I wish I could use it as my sig pic.

I am so happy for you!

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-05, 10:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Today's good news"

I don't have to work today and I get paid. That makes it a good day in my book.

Miscellaneous Ramblings
--congrats!

Jims02 7407 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-05, 11:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Today's good news"
My only class today is Bowling. Pretty sweet.

...But I have an accounting test tomorrow. Stoopid Bad Debts.

Jims02: Proud member of the inoffensive OT Triumvirate. Jims' Random Thoughts

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-05, 11:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Today's good news"
Great news, PRE. Congrats!

My good news? We are going out to lunch today and I'm getting french onion soup! And it is most definitely a soup day (stupid snow!).

probably clueless 5782 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-05, 11:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail probably%20clueless Click to send private message to probably%20clueless Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Today's good news"
Just so you know, we have a great FOS ready for you when you come to visit.

A Kittyloaf®Original

Silvergirl1 9342 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-05, 11:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Silvergirl1 Click to send private message to Silvergirl1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Today's good news"
Yay for your new job, PRE. I'm glad you are getting more money for your efforts at the old job, too. Serves them right!

Silvergirl
6M! How much commission is that? You buying drinks at the bar tonight?
Confessions of a Mermaid

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-05, 11:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Today's good news"
Congrats, PRE!!!

My good news is that my promotion did officially go through, and at a higher level than we'd originally planned. So now I'm a Section Manager rather than a Unit Manager. Not more money yet, but better potential.

New from Sigs by Syren!!

Keep lookin' up, cuz that's where it all is. o-

02-24-05, 11:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail probably%20clueless Click to send private message to probably%20clueless Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Today's good news"
Congrats on the new job!

My choice:

A) Watch cute barbabes count bottles on upper and lower shelves, or

B) Crunch inventory data passed in through a transmitter.

A Kittyloaf®Original
*Does this system of yours iinterface with the Aloha inventory system?*

02-24-05, 11:45 AM (EST)
37. "RE: Today's good news"
It will - right now Gen 1 is just an inventory tracking tool - future iterations will have all sorts of POS/PMS interfaces to enable billing and ERP functions.

You don't usually get to SEE the bar-babes counting since it usually happens after or before hours though. Less time in front of the POS terminal means more time chatting.

02-24-05, 12:06 PM (EST)
40. "RE: Today's good news"
"You don't usually get to SEE the bar-babes counting since it usually happens after or before hours though. Less time in front of the POS terminal means more time chatting."

That would be the editorial 'you', correct?

I don't see how an electronic inventory system is going to allow the barbabes more face time with the customers.

A Kittyloaf®Original

02-24-05, 01:17 PM (EST)
44. "RE: Today's good news"
The inventoring part wont, but once it has a billing function built in, it will.

Just doing my part to improve the lives of average Americans.

02-24-05, 01:24 PM (EST)
45. "Tech Quest"
If its planned, then they must have already figured out a way for the pour to be associated with the customer's tab on the POS. Any insight into how that's gonna work?

A Kittyloaf®Original
*Sounds interesting*

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-05, 12:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: Today's good news"
POS/PMS????

Multiple meanings = many jokes.

New from Sigs by Syren!!

Keep lookin' up, cuz that's where it all is. o-

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-05, 11:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Today's good news"
congrats pre - hope the new job works out great for you!

Wheezy 9153 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-05, 11:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wheezy Click to send private message to Wheezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Today's good news"
Congrats!

Wheeze
"I am much too young, but I've heard tales." --TechNoir

Wheeze * Everything In Between

DebCapsFan 2747 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

02-24-05, 12:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DebCapsFan Click to send private message to DebCapsFan Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: Today's good news"
A guy I work with today asked me if I am loosing weight.
Which you might think could potentially be dicey but I am trying... so it turned out to be a good thing.

Made for me by RolldDice.

02-24-05, 12:23 PM (EST)
43. "WARNING!!"
Stay faaaarrrrrr away from the scone thread...

A Kittyloaf®Original

minitroll 3901 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-24-05, 01:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail minitroll Click to send private message to minitroll Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: Today's good news"
Congratulations PRE! This is excellent news.

Congrats to you too JV. What will you be doing?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •