The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Is it just my dumb luck..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

desert_rhino 10087 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-22-05, 12:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail desert_rhino Click to send private message to desert_rhino Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
"Is it just my dumb luck..."
...or does Target routinely staff their "Service Desk" with the most idiotic partially-house-trained short-bus monkey on their payroll?

Today's fun and excitement: (and if anything, I'm toning down the idiocy of this exchange)

It: Hello, can I help you?

Me: I hope so; I have a $20 service fee for a check that didn't clear, and I'd like to pay it.

It: Well, do you have the letter they sent you?

Me: No, actually, that was misplaced. Is there any way to look that up?

It: No. All the information is right there on the letter, though.

Me: I... don't... have... the... letter. Can you give me the number to the credit department, so I can call them and get it cleared up that way?

It: I don't think so. {looks through binder with phone numbers in an "I can't read, but I do want to look like I'm trying" manner} No, I think there are just store numbers in here.

Me: Okay, do you have a general customer service number that I can call?

It: Well, sir, it's all right there on the letter...

Me: I. Do Not. Have. The. Letter. All I want is a general customer service phone number so that I can call and find out if there is ANYONE who can tell me how to take care of this without waiting for a second letter from a collection agency. Do you have a customer service phone number I can call?

It: That number is right on the letter.

Me: Okay, I guess I'll try to look it up online or something. {walks away}

It: I'm sorry...

It was literally all I could do to keep the "No, you're STUPID" as an under-the-breath mutter, rather than screaming it out loud.

It took me about 10 seconds to find it online, thank goodness.

Maybe someday I'll tell you my previous exciting encounter with complete idiocy at our lovely Boulder Target.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Is it just my dumb luck... ginger 02-22-05 1
   RE: Is it just my dumb luck... desert_rhino 02-22-05 4
 RE: Is it just my dumb luck... volsfan 02-22-05 2
   RE: Is it just my dumb luck... J I M B O 02-22-05 5
 RE: Is it just my dumb luck... dabo 02-22-05 3
 RE: Is it just my dumb luck... J I M B O 02-22-05 6
 RE: Is it just my dumb luck... weltek 02-22-05 7
 RE: Is it just my dumb luck... ARnutz 02-22-05 8
 RE: Is it just my dumb luck... Tinkerbell 02-22-05 9
   RE: Is it just my dumb luck... desert_rhino 02-22-05 10
 ? IceCat 02-22-05 11
 JV, how about... IceCat 02-22-05 12
   RE: JV, how about... desert_rhino 02-22-05 13
       Whut... IceCat 02-22-05 14
 In Dweezil's Apparent Absence... landruajm 02-23-05 15
 RE: Is it just my dumb luck... Draco Malfoy 02-23-05 16
 RE: Is it just my dumb luck... Glow 02-23-05 17
 RE: Is it just my dumb luck... Lisapooh 02-23-05 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

02-22-05, 12:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Is it just my dumb luck..."
You left the clerk in full possession of his eyeballs. Your restraint is admirable.

Has occasionally rubber checkbook, too. Seems to be a single parent thing.

02-22-05, 12:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail desert_rhino Click to send private message to desert_rhino Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Is it just my dumb luck..."
Said clerk was a she, or else I would probably have been unable to restrain my impulse to take trophies.

Best part is, they resubmitted the check and it cleared. So it's only the fee for resubmitting that I'm trying to pay. And yeah, I was covering a few $$$ shortage for the kids on their gamecube. silly me, I should have just written the check for the difference. {sigh}

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

02-22-05, 12:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Is it just my dumb luck..."
I would have asked the person to turn around and bend over so I could look for the letter that is up his/her ass!

I once had a message left on my answering machine to call a number about my home mortgage. After calling and talking to three different people they had no clue why they were calling to talk to me. They kept asking me why I was calling them. It was just strange!

J I M B O 6839 desperate attention whore postings

02-22-05, 12:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20I%20M%20B%20O Click to send private message to J%20I%20M%20B%20O Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Is it just my dumb luck..."
I would have asked the person to turn around and bend over so I could look for the letter that is up his/her #####!

That makes no sense whatsoever, but is still the funniest thing I've seen in weeks. Thanks for the laugh BF!

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

02-22-05, 12:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Is it just my dumb luck..."
No, not dumb luck, they just enjoy doing those things to people when they can.

SMILES ARE FREE

J I M B O 6839 desperate attention whore postings

02-22-05, 12:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20I%20M%20B%20O Click to send private message to J%20I%20M%20B%20O Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Is it just my dumb luck..."
Not your dumb luck. A friend of ours runs the University of Washington Primate Center, and he tells us stories all the time about Target headhunters lurking about.

They were going to sign the Rally Monkey to VP of Customer Service, but the Angels offered more bananas.

Gus has too many "anger" issues and didn't pass their preliminary interview process. Can you believe they'd turn anyone away?

BTW - I've had similar issues at Target. Not.A.Coincidence.

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

02-22-05, 04:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Is it just my dumb luck..."
But, like, they totally look cool when twirling their hair & chomping gum in their cutesy red shirts that show off their oobies.

How dumb. If you misplace your receipt, they can look it up with your check number. How can they NOT fing your info on the fee? Cripes.

And why does nobody ever say "let me check with my manager" anymore? It's like on training day they are told "Under no circumstances are you to contact the shift manager when you have a question."

Handcrafted by RollDdice

ARnutz 13937 desperate attention whore postings

02-22-05, 04:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Is it just my dumb luck..."
It's amazing that so many morons have jobs and there are still so many intelligent people looking for work.

Sheesh! ... and my kids always wonder why I never ask for help in a store.

'nutz: Proud member of the inoffensive OT Triumvirate.

Tinkerbell 1587 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

02-22-05, 04:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tinkerbell Click to send private message to Tinkerbell Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Is it just my dumb luck..."
(800) 440-0680

02-22-05, 04:56 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Is it just my dumb luck..."
LAST EDITED ON 02-22-05 AT 05:08 PM (EST)

Yep, found that. Thanks, though. If you could call Boulder and tell them that number, it might save some number of people from early stress-related heart attacks.

And you just might save a certain service desk denizen from further evil thought energy.

ETAdd: And if anyone asks YOU, the Target Collections Department number is (800) 635-4713. Took all of 3 minutes to clear up once I had the Guest Relations number this morning. I was standing at the service desk longer than that.

Strangely, (and the woman asked why I was laughing) they will take a check by phone to clear up a bad check fee.

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

02-22-05, 05:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "?"

02-22-05, 05:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "JV, how about..."
... posting a copy of the letter so we can see it and then maybe we can help you out?

02-22-05, 05:37 PM (EST)
13. "RE: JV, how about..."
Oh, I hate you.

02-22-05, 05:50 PM (EST)
14. "Whut..."
huh?

landruajm 6040 desperate attention whore postings

02-23-05, 08:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail landruajm Click to send private message to landruajm Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "In Dweezil's Apparent Absence..."
That was you?

He's claiming he gave them up for Lent, but I happen to know he's a Satanist.

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings

02-23-05, 08:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Is it just my dumb luck..."
It's not just you. Customer service has gone down the crapper ever since the first generation of crack babies started hitting the work force.

"My generation was going to change the world, and all we really ended up with was classic rock channels." - SurveySez

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

02-23-05, 09:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Is it just my dumb luck..."
Am I boycotting them again?

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings

02-23-05, 11:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Is it just my dumb luck..."
that would never happen at JCPenney.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •