The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Susan's E8 TV Guide Article"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

zzz 703 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-26-01, 09:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Susan's E8 TV Guide Article"
TV Guide Online still does not have her article up, but here is my transcription (no real spoilers) from my TV Guide that came in the mail today of Susan Hawk's article for Survivor: Africa E8--Dec. 6, 2001:

The switch in the game was powerful for the original Boran players. If they continue to play their cards right, they will take this game to the end. The final four should consist of at least three of them. The only way for an original Samburu to sneak into that foursome is to win several immunity contests in a row. Tom, Lex and Ethan are a tight threesome. They are a family and that bond will not be easily broken. I know. For example, on the island, we Tagi members had to decide whether to vote off Sean, who was a physical threat in challenges, or Pagong's Colleen, who was well-liked by all of us. The only reason we voted off Colleen and kept Sean was that he was family. At this point in the game, it is hard to trust someone you haven't known since Day 1.

The final nine are entering Days 22, 23 and 24. Each one will be around until the end, whether as a finalist or jury member. It is important now to treat every player with respect, even if there's someone you don't like, because that person could determine whether you win it all. But don't kiss up to your enemies. That will annoy everyone else and make them target you because you tried to score points deviously. Everyone's mental mode is now set and they have adjusted physically. They can handle the lack of food. The trick is to keep your sense of humor--and not think about loved ones at home. That will destroy you mentally.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Susan's E8 TV Guide Article zzz 11-27-01 1
   RE: Susan's E8 TV Guide Article MDSkinner 11-27-01 2
   RE: Susan's E8 TV Guide Article MakeItStop 11-27-01 3
 RE: Susan's E8 TV Guide Article PagongRatEater 11-27-01 4
   RE: Susan's E8 TV Guide Article Rose Red 11-27-01 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

zzz 703 desperate attention whore postings

11-27-01, 09:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Susan's E8 TV Guide Article"
Well, I waited twelve hours to see if anyone else had any reaction to the article, but I guess at this point no one else does, so I will give mine. By the way--sometime after I posted this thread, TV Guide Online finally posted the article (which would have saved me some typing if they had done it just a few hours earlier). Go to tvguide.com if you want to check for yourself.

My main reaction to her article is that she still seems to be caught up in justifying her actions in Survivor. Keeping dumb-dumb Sean over sweetheart Colleen must still bug her a little. More than that, she obviously still feels she has to justify why she got so made at Kelly (accusing Kelly of scoring point deviously--which should not have bugged Susan if she was telling the truth when she said she really only wanted second place).

As far as her insight into S3, she really does not seem to have any (which is maybe why no one has responded to this post yet). She is just buying into the editing that LET are a tight alliance that have a free walk to the final 3. The fact that even Susan is buying into this editing convinces me that it is highly unlikely that these are the final 3 (or maybe that is just what MB wants me to think--what is a person to do when sometimes the obvious happens and sometimes we are set up--the truth is out there, I just don't know where to look).

MDSkinner 716 desperate attention whore postings

11-27-01, 10:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MDSkinner Click to send private message to MDSkinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Susan's E8 TV Guide Article"
Sorry about not responding to this earlier, but I think you are right, no one responded because it really did not add any insight at all into S3. In fact she spends most of her time talking about her experiences.

Her statement about the LET alliance could be true, but I am not going to put a lot into that right now. That was really the only thing that she said that could have any bearing on the game at all, and for all I know she may have just been reading the spoiler boards to get her opinion on that alliance. For the most part, I am not really sure that this particular article has any spoiler value at all, sadly.

Thanks for posting it anyway, it is always interesting to hear what they are going to say. Usually these articles are a bit more fun to analyze than this, but this one has virtually nothing.

MakeItStop 1098 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-27-01, 01:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MakeItStop Click to send private message to MakeItStop Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Susan's E8 TV Guide Article"
My main reaction to her article is that she still seems to be caught up in justifying her actions in Survivor.
As far as her insight into S3, she really does not seem to have any

I agree with these statements... but what I find interesting is what she was thinking and feeling while on the island. I think that her thoughts and feelings DO have spoiler value because they can help us predict how the current survivors might act.

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-27-01, 02:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Susan's E8 TV Guide Article"
Some of her other article have had some spoiler value, but I don't think this is one of them. The only information in here that could potentially be helpful is her comment on L-E-T making it to the Final Four. A couple of weeks ago we were all asking if Susan "knew something", if she does that might be a pretty big giveaway. If lex does not leave in the next week or two, I think he is probably a lock for the final four...along with his cronies and perhaps Mama Kim.

Definitely something worth keeping in the back of your mind.

Rose Red 419 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-27-01, 11:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rose%20Red Click to send private message to Rose%20Red Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Susan's E8 TV Guide Article"
Sorry,zzz, I didn't even notice this was up til just now! I DO think this article has spoiler value to the max, because I DON'T THINK SUSAN WROTE MOST OF IT. I don't think she writes any of these. I think TV Guide has bought the right to use her name and I do think she submits some garbled piece of pyshobabble, like her last, famous rant against to them(and to CBS) who do MAJOR re-writes. Meaning it's MB who's re-writing this stuff.

And now to what I think the spoiler is.

ZZZ, I think MB's(or one of his familiars') ANNOUNCING of the Lex-Tom-Ethan alliance in TV Guide is totally telling us they are brunch, er, I mean, toast. Maybe not this next week, when I agree that either Frank or Teresa is deleted, but the week after that when there are an even number of contestants left, there could be a BIG upset, the Beauty Shoppe Revolt. Either Lex or Tom is voted off and that effectively ends the L/E/T Three.

As Jerri Manthey said on the Survivor Pre-Show, about Lex's being the obvious winner, "I don't think so. It's still too early."

Also, announcing the obvious end game like that in TV Guide is a sure ratings killer. Why tune in til January if you already know who won in November? Why would MB throw in the towel like that? Why? BECAUSE IT'S ANOTHER RED HERRING!

Also, if Frank wins immunity and Teresa goes, or vice versa, (it's one or the other) look at who the remaining Sambooboos choose to target with their votes. I'm betting it's either Tom or Lex, and I think that's going to be the key to tell us who will reap the whirlwind in Ep.9.

I bet the Sammies FINALLY vote together as a block, too. So who will it be SurvivorFanatics? Tom or Lex?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •