The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The PicklerLuvFactor rides again"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-20-06, 09:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The PicklerLuvFactor rides again"
There are a couple possible factors for Chris being in teh bottom three, but the one HUGE factor is what i like to call the mysterious PicklerLuvFactor.

The fact that hordes of prepubescent boys and girls (and most likely a lot of postpubescent boys) are voting is definately skewing the bottom three.

I still believe that people vote on a week-by-week basis. Given the fact that Chris' performance was NOT a blow-away performance like Elliot's and Kat's did contribute, but i think the PicklerLuvFactor pushed him over the edge and into the bottom three.

From what we can see, she's definately on a ride into the final four. I get memories of Nikki McKibbin. This is definately not unprecedented.

geekboy

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides agai... singer 04-20-06 1
   RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides agai... prosecutor 04-20-06 2
   RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides agai... LisaPles 04-20-06 8
 RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides agai... drooler 04-20-06 3
   RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides agai... geekboy 04-20-06 4
       RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides agai... jazzyjeff 04-24-06 71
 RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides agai... Devious Weasel 04-20-06 5
   RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides agai... CattyChat 04-20-06 24
   RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides agai... anotherkim 04-22-06 66
 RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides agai... bob_chester 04-20-06 6
   RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides agai... Magnolia_Rocker 04-20-06 7
       RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides agai... LisaPles 04-20-06 9
           RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides agai... bob_chester 04-20-06 33
   RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides agai... gizmo_ber 04-20-06 10
       RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides agai... jazzyjeff 04-24-06 72
   RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides agai... CattyChat 04-20-06 25
       RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides agai... geekboy 04-20-06 27
           RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides agai... bob_chester 04-20-06 34
               RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides agai... geekboy 04-20-06 39
                   RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides agai... bob_chester 04-20-06 57
       RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides agai... Fishercat 04-20-06 51
 RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides agai... PagongRatEater 04-20-06 11
   RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides agai... Tahj 04-20-06 12
   RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides agai... selah 04-20-06 13
   RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides agai... CattyChat 04-20-06 31
       RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides agai... LisaPles 04-20-06 42
           RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides agai... nailbone 04-20-06 48
               RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides agai... LisaPles 04-20-06 50
                   RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides agai... nailbone 04-20-06 56
                   RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides agai... KingJames 04-24-06 73
       RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides agai... KingJames 04-20-06 43
           RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides agai... sica077 04-23-06 68
       RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides agai... emydi 04-20-06 47
           RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides agai... sica077 04-24-06 74
       RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides agai... anotherkim 04-22-06 67
           RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides agai... sica077 04-25-06 79
   RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides agai... bob_chester 04-20-06 58
 RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides agai... Magnolia_Rocker 04-20-06 14
   RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides agai... PagongRatEater 04-20-06 15
   RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides agai... geekboy 04-20-06 16
       RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides agai... Glow 04-20-06 17
           RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides agai... emydi 04-20-06 18
               RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides agai... Glow 04-20-06 20
                   RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides agai... emydi 04-20-06 21
                       RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides agai... nailbone 04-20-06 28
                       RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides agai... archon 04-20-06 30
                       RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides agai... CattyChat 04-20-06 35
                           Was I watching a different show? Breezy 04-20-06 38
                               RE: Was I watching a different show... emydi 04-20-06 46
                                   RE: Was I watching a different show... Devious Weasel 04-20-06 52
                                       RE: Was I watching a different show... emydi 04-20-06 53
                                       RE: Was I watching a different show... Breezy 04-21-06 60
       RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides agai... sica077 04-25-06 78
   RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides agai... Iconoclastic 04-20-06 19
       RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides agai... nailbone 04-20-06 29
           RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides agai... Iconoclastic 04-20-06 36
               RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides agai... Devious Weasel 04-20-06 37
                   RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides agai... nailbone 04-20-06 40
                       RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides agai... Glow 04-20-06 41
                           RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides agai... singer 04-20-06 44
                               RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides agai... Devious Weasel 04-20-06 45
                                   RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides agai... singer 04-20-06 54
                                   RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides agai... geg6 04-21-06 61
                                       RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides agai... singer 04-21-06 62
   RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides agai... Former CBSer 04-26-06 87
 RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides agai... gotears 04-20-06 22
   RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides agai... Magnolia_Rocker 04-20-06 23
       RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides agai... geekboy 04-20-06 26
           RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides agai... Twinkles 04-20-06 49
               RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides agai... emydi 04-20-06 55
                   RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides agai... Twinkles 04-20-06 59
   RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides agai... nailbone 04-21-06 63
 RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides agai... nailbone 04-20-06 32
 RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides agai... Carebear42 04-21-06 64
   RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides agai... Fishercat 04-22-06 65
   RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides agai... Magnolia_Rocker 04-24-06 70
 RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides agai... Ahtumbreez 04-24-06 69
   RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides agai... tenmeters 04-25-06 75
       RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides agai... nailbone 04-25-06 77
       RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides agai... Ahtumbreez 04-26-06 81
 Kellie's home town on local newsrep... Snidget 04-25-06 76
   RE: Kellie's home town on local new... sica077 04-25-06 80
       RE: It's Time For Kellie To Go LisaPles 04-26-06 82
           RE: It's Time For Kellie To Go Glow 04-26-06 83
               RE: It's Time For Kellie To Go LisaPles 04-26-06 84
                   RE: It's Time For Kellie To Go Glow 04-26-06 85
                       RE: It's Time For Kellie To Go Fishercat 04-26-06 89
                           RE: It's Time For Kellie To Go Glow 04-26-06 90
                               RE: It's Time For Kellie To Go Fishercat 04-26-06 91
                                   RE: It's Time For Kellie To Go Glow 04-26-06 92
                                       RE: It's Time For Kellie To Go Fishercat 04-26-06 93
               RE: It's Time For Kellie To Go Devious Weasel 04-26-06 86
                   RE: It's Time For Kellie To Go CattyChat 04-26-06 88

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

singer 1910 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-06, 09:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail singer Click to send private message to singer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides again"
"From what we can see, she's definately on a ride into the final four. I get memories of Nikki McKibbin. This is definately not unprecedented."

Your entire theory makes sense to me.

The Pickle is a complete and utter joke, both vocally and visually. Ugh.

--Singer

prosecutor 449 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-20-06, 09:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail prosecutor Click to send private message to prosecutor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides again"
But she is waaay more entertaining than Ace.
I for one am glad he is gone before the pickle.

LisaPles 740 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-20-06, 11:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LisaPles Click to send private message to LisaPles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides again"
>The Pickle is a complete and
>utter joke, both vocally and
>visually. Ugh.

Ditto that! The show American Idol has turned into a complete joke too!

Whoever said the producers have done a good job pimping her is right! It is really enough to make me sick. I am also sick of her being a camera hog and having to be up Ryan's azz every time the TV camera moves in. I'm sure the other contestants just love her (NOT!).

drooler 67 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-20-06, 09:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail drooler Click to send private message to drooler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides again"
LAST EDITED ON 04-20-06 AT 10:13 AM (EST)

I think that Kellie has a decent fan base, but is put over the top by the "Vote for the worst" crowd. In other times when VFTW has been in action, I believe they were voting for some who didn't have much fan base of their own. Then as the number of singers competing dropped, more of the top people received higher numbers of votes than the VFTW pick. This year Kellie has a strong country vote anyway, so she may last right up to the end. Scary thought.

Edit to add: Unless there's a strong movement to vote for everyone but Kellie . . . that would be fun.

04-20-06, 10:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides again"
She is not going to win, not at all possible or feasible. But she will be there much longer than she should - in fact she should have been gone after Stevie Week. Its just going to be frustrating until she does go.

geekboy

jazzyjeff 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-24-06, 08:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jazzyjeff Click to send private message to jazzyjeff Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
71. "RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides again"
geekboy,

I agree that she should go but I think she'll make the top 4! (Ugggg)

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-20-06, 10:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides again"
The biggest factor for Chris being bottom three was singing first. The biggest factor for Elliott not being in the bottom three was Simon telling him he was in trouble.

Kellie is attractive, she has a decent singing voice, she has a good backstory, and the producers have pimped her to the gills ever since the audition-phase, far more so than anyone other than Taylor. While she is definitely the poorest singer of the remaining six, she is in no way as bad as John Stevens, Scott Savol, Anthony Federov, Jasmine Trias, or any of a number of other singers who got this far and beat out better singers, and she has gotten pimped much more than any of those others.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-20-06, 01:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides again"
You are right on point, Devious. I echo everything you just said.

Kind Creation of ARNutz

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

04-22-06, 02:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
66. "RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides again"
word to the weasel.

Miscellaneous Ramblings
--jasmine...*shudder*

bob_chester 243 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-20-06, 10:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bob_chester Click to send private message to bob_chester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides again"
LAST EDITED ON 04-20-06 AT 10:41 AM (EST)

Hopefully Kellie and Taylor will make the final 2. I will love all the complaining on the board here if they do.
Kellie and Taylor are the only contestants making this season exciting.
Chris is boring. He does the same thing over and over again. It was ok once or twice but it is time to move on.
Taylor is my favorite because he is interesting every week even when he does not do so great. Kellie is entertaining and cute too. I know all of you hate that. People have not liked her because although she is not the best singer there she is a threat because she is a lot more entertaining then most on the show this season. (Oh and don’t tell me it is a singing contest it is not, Rod Stewart who appeared last night is not a great singer but is a great artist) Chris can take his "Style" and hopefully leave next week. I am very tired of him and all the “oh Chris you are so great” crap. It makes me want to puke. He has not done anything new or interesting in weeks. You should not be able to ride one or two good performances to the final 3. He will probably make the final 3 but then America likes crap when it comes to music. Fantasia won 2 years ago so there is a precedent. I thoroughly enjoyed Chris making the bottom 2 last night! Good job voters!

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-20-06, 10:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides again"
I have to comment on your Chris opinions being a huge Chris fan. I have to politely disagree about him doing the same thing over and over. Did he stick with his money winning alterna-rock the first several weeks of the show? Yes. However, the last two weeks he as gone completely away from his genre. He openly changed his style for country last week and there wasn't a smidgen of rock in his song this week for the standards. Dislike him that's fine but give credit where credit is due, he has compromised the last two weeks and worked the different genres. Go Chris!

Siggy thanks to Syren!

04-20-06, 11:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LisaPles Click to send private message to LisaPles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides again"
I'm with you on that Magnolia! Chris has had people talking and wondering what he is going to do next the whole season. He is one of the few people keeping it interesting.

Kellie, exciting? In what universe?

04-20-06, 02:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bob_chester Click to send private message to bob_chester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides again"
In my universe she is a whole bunch more then Chris. Hmmm
Chis was 2nd lowest this week. Cool!

gizmo_ber 337 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-20-06, 11:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail gizmo_ber Click to send private message to gizmo_ber Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides again"
Respectfully disagree, as well. Chris has changed it up lately, and it's landed him in the bottom 2 with Ace, of all people. Kellie's alright every once in a while, but far from great. Taylor on the other hand, except for the two weeks he stunk up the stage completely, sings the same style song and spazzes out across the stage. He looks like a drunken Karaoke singer 90% of the time, a karaoke singer with a voice yes, but still doesn't excite me.

Would the real mogwai please stand up?

jazzyjeff 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-24-06, 08:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jazzyjeff Click to send private message to jazzyjeff Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
72. "RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides again"
But he is very entertaining. I personally like to see him perform. (I am not sure I would enjoy an entire concert of his dancing though!)

04-20-06, 01:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides again"
I agree with almost everything you said, Bob. And my top 4 are Kellie, Taylor, Chris & Katharine and I would LOVE Kellie & Taylor as F2 for all the reasons you mentioned and because Chris is awesome rock star, NOT American Idol and they would just hold Chris back from doing HIS thing. Katharine is beautiful & a great singer, but IMO Kellie has her beat in overall personality.

Kellie & Taylor as F2, Katherine & Chris rounding out the F4 would be great.

Kind Creation of ARNutz

04-20-06, 01:36 PM (EST)
27. "RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides again"
* boggles *

Kellie has Katherine beat in overall personality?

You want Kellie in the final 2.

*double boggle*

geekboy

04-20-06, 02:15 PM (EST)
34. "RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides again"
By far Kellie has more personality. Kat is good but damn she is like elevator music.
It is ok of some people don't like Kellie.
But you know she is doing great so far!

04-20-06, 03:01 PM (EST)
39. "RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides again"
I have to respectfully agree to disagree.

To quote Mr. Cowell - "This is a singing competition."

Kellie is by far NOT doing great in a singing competition. Yes, she cute, naive, and funny...but, its a singing competition.

geekboy

04-20-06, 07:02 PM (EST)
57. "RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides again"
I have to respectively disagree with you and Mr Cowell.

This is why they have a star on the show Rod Stewart who is a poor singer but a great entertainer?
Rod Stewart would have never won a singing contest. LOL It is such a crock. You know Fantasia won 2 years ago and she sounded like Donald Duck. LOL
Mr. Crowell says what it convenient at the time.
It is about who people will vote for and that should be indicative of somebody who can sell.
But you have your right to like whomever, but so far a lot of people have liked Kellie for whatever reason.

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-20-06, 04:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
51. "RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides again"
LAST EDITED ON 04-20-06 AT 04:57 PM (EST)

I agree, Kellie has more personality than Katharine...but that's not a good thing for me, not one bit. I, like others, find her annoying, and either dumb or (at least) partially faking the naivity trait. I prefer what we see of Kat's personality, which isn't that much (although people try to paint her otherwise, I don't see it), over Kellie's. Personally, give me the less personality based singer with the better voice any day.*

I'm not going to bash anyone for liking her, I just don't understand it. She's untrained, lacks experience, and while she is cute and she isn't the worst singer to ever grace the stage, she has to be pretty close in the recent seasons (note: not named John Stephens). Of course, I was a big Scott fan and pretty much everyone thought he was horrible and I could see why, so maybe she's just the attractive, nice version of him, with a different voice...

*(Major disclaimer: We do not know these people. For all I know, Kat could be a queen ##### while Kellie is genuinely nice and tries her best. I can only go by what I see, and that isn't much).

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-06, 11:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides again"
* raises hand *

I'm 34 and I Luv the Pickler. Take that for what it is worth, but I think that a significant portion of her support comes from her personal story and what she has been through in her life. People, at least those that support Kelli, genuinely LIKE her. And no amount of talent compensates for being unlikeable (right Paris?).

But, the four of us had a great time.

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-06, 11:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides again"
I agree Pre. I think a lot of her support comes from her appeal factor. She has enormous appeal. Like Paula said, the camera loves her.

I also think that the way she bombed Tuesday night worked in her favor. People felt sorry for her.

Moves courtesy of Syren

selah 94 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-06, 11:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail selah Click to send private message to selah Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides again"

the thing that bothers me most about Kellie is not her fake denseness, but her manipulative appearance designed to turn on males who watch her because she knows her voice is not good enough to carry her through..

I won't be watching this show any longer because it is just as manipulative as Kellie is and enough is enough.

04-20-06, 01:58 PM (EST)
31. "RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides again"
I'm right there with you, PRE. BTW, I am 35, FEMALE and I think Kellie is a doll. I also think a lot of her fan base are my age & older as my older relatives, grandparents & a lot of their friends love sweet Kellie.

As a blonde who has been the recipient of "quick judgments" of narrow minded people who assume that if you are blonde, with a happy-go-lucky, smiley, positive attitude, who has a decent figure and decent looking then you must be stupid, slutty, snobby and a whole host of negative things, I tend to get defensive over girls like Kellie, whom are being raked over the coals for no good reason than A.S.S.U.M.P.T.I.O.N.S.

Kellie may not be the best singer up there, but she is pretty darn good & earned her spot. She is also the only contestant left not GROOMED to perform (Katharine/Paris & to some extent Elliot) & without years of experience (Chris & Taylor). Even though she messed up Tue, she still sounded pretty good & tried to recover & admitted she got lost on the timing. Her style won't suit everybody (I don't care for country, but I still like Kellie & her voice & would love to see her as a POP/country performer), but Kellie has held her own every week except for Stevie week and there were many others who also blew that week.

Kellie always has a big smile on her face and has done nothing that I have seen to indicate that she is "fake" it's an "act" or that she is manipulative??? Seriously, she is a 19-year-old little girl from a small town, raised mostly by her grandparents, how manipulative could she be?

Kellie is just a little girl in this BIG competition. The AI producers are the ones that initially saw that something special in Kellie and chose to showcase her the way they have and are. THEY are the ones who put her backstory on our screens for us to watch. THEY are the ones who have Ryan tease Kellie to see if she'll say something silly. THEY are the ones who tell the contestants where to stand/sit on that stage. THEY are the ones who edit the clips for us to see. If they like Kellie and they are the ones who have to bankroll the deal for the winner and want BIG returns why should Kellie be blamed or faulted? Good for her.

I didn't intend to climb on this soap box, but I just think Kellie is getting a lot of hateful things thrown her way that are not justified or deserved. But I am sure her grandfather is there telling Kellie that it doesn't matter what people say about her, it's who she is in her heart that really matters and she should ignore it and just be who she is. She has nothing to be sorry for.

Kind Creation of ARNutz

04-20-06, 03:31 PM (EST)
42. "RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides again"
LAST EDITED ON 04-20-06 AT 06:25 PM (EST)

>As a blonde who has been
>the recipient of "quick judgments"
>of narrow minded people who
>assume that if you are
>blonde, with a happy-go-lucky, smiley,
>positive attitude, who has a
>decent figure and decent looking
>then you must be stupid,
>slutty, snobby and a whole
>host of negative things...

BARF!
I'm a good looking brunette with a great figure and everyone who says something negative about Katherine is doing a disservice to me! Give me a break!

edited for clarity

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-06, 04:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
48. "RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides again"
>host of negative things...
BARF!
Every time Kellie opens her mouth, she proves herself to be a complete idiot.
cough, still barfing....

Yep, stuff like that.

Sig by Arkie!!

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster o-

04-20-06, 04:48 PM (EST)
50. "RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides again"
>Yep, stuff like that.

My illness is in reference to people referring to their own self as good looking. Uggh

04-20-06, 05:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
56. "RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides again"
Every time Kellie opens her mouth, she proves herself to be a complete idiot.

How is this referring to someone considering themself to be good-looking?

Sig by Arkie!!

KingJames 26 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-24-06, 07:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KingJames Click to send private message to KingJames Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
73. "RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides again"
Not for nothin... because it doesn't have any thing to do with American Idol, but more of a social comment.
I am sorry that it distress you to hear people refer to themselves as good looking.
I wish we all felt that way about our selves.

KingJames 26 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-20-06, 03:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KingJames Click to send private message to KingJames Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides again"
>
>As a blonde who has been
>the recipient of "quick judgments"
>of narrow minded people who
>assume that if you are
>blonde, with a happy-go-lucky, smiley,
>positive attitude, who has a
>decent figure and decent looking
>host of negative things, I
>tend to get defensive over
>girls like Kellie, whom are
>being raked over the coals
>for no good reason than
>A.S.S.U.M.P.T.I.O.N.S.

as a good looking blond woman,(with a 135 I. q.) I have to comment; It is women like Pickles that perpetuate the STUPID BLOND steryotype. She acts stupid! That is why she is judged as stupid.
I believe some of her nievte' is real, & a lot is an act.
like..."Ballsy? What does that mean?"
People like her make it hard for the rest of us.
>
>Kellie may not be the best
>singer up there, but she
>is pretty darn good &
>earned her spot.

She is a mediocre singer...at best.
She is eye candy, like Ace. Why is it OK for a woman to make it on her looks alone, & not a man? They both have about the same amount of talent.

>Seriously, she is a 19-year-old
>little girl from a small
>town, raised mostly by her
>grandparents, how manipulative could she
>be?

Are you kidding? A teen age girl being manipulative?
In my experience, teen age girls could teach politicians, lawyers, & advertising execs. a few tricks.
I do want to thank you for your post...I have been wondering who the Pickle fans are. I may not agree, but I appreciate having my eyes opened to another point of view.

sica077 523 desperate attention whore postings

04-23-06, 12:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sica077 Click to send private message to sica077 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
68. "RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides again"
I couldn't agree more....if she asts stupid, people will think she is stupid. That is the bottom line. Unfortunately, being on television people can scrutinize, play back, and scrutinize some more. It is what it is.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-06, 04:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides again"
Kellie is just a little girl in this BIG competition

No she ACTS like that...she's not naive and she's not as "inexperienced" as she puts herself out there as being...if it's helping her, I guess more power to her, but I don't have to like it or like her...but you sure can

04-24-06, 07:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sica077 Click to send private message to sica077 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
74. "RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides again"
Thanks for catching my flub...."acts" is what I meant . And I hope you aren't referring to me liking her and her package. I agree, "if it's helping her, I guess more power to her, but I don't have to like it or like her..." Well stated.

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

04-22-06, 02:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
67. "RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides again"
the only contestant left not GROOMED to perform
Maybe not by her family, but she's groomed herself. She's a karaoke beauty queen if ever there was one. She's been singing and practicing long before she ever got on AI.

Her style won't suit everybody
AMEN to that. I listen to country radio and the thought of having to listen to her over and over makes my skin crawl. She sets country music back 20 years with her bimbo act. I can't imagine hearing her in an interview. It will be worse than nails on a chalkboard.

Kellie is just a little girl in this BIG competition.
Oh, spare me. Did you see her wink? Have you seen her clothes? Her makeup? Her dance? She's no more a little girl than you or I? She's no one's fool and is playing millions of people FOR the fool if they think she's some backwoods hick who doesn't know what she's doing up there on stage.

Kellie has held her own every week except for Stevie week and there were many others who also blew that week.
She was terrible last week--couldn't keep up with her music, was all over the place vocally and should have been gone if it were based strictly on performance.

Miscellaneous Ramblings
--she's no minx..she's a fox as in crazy like one and she's going to ride this dumb blonde thing as far as she can.

04-25-06, 07:22 PM (EST)
79. "RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides again"
Good points and well stated Kim. You said things I haven't even thought of, and I have a lot to say about Kellie...

04-20-06, 07:04 PM (EST)
58. "RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides again"
good post Pagong!
I agree with you! I enjoy the show with her on it!

04-20-06, 11:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides again"
All I have to say is "if" Kellie wins I hope they keep her in the country genre cause I don't listen to country so therefore will not have to listen to her.

Siggy thanks to Syren!

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-06, 12:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides again"
No worries there. I think she is very aware of her limitations there. And actually she sings country quite well.

But, the four of us had a great time.

04-20-06, 12:18 PM (EST)
16. "RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides again"
There is no way in heck that Pickler is going to win the whole thing. Absolutely NO freakin way.

geekboy

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-06, 12:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides again"
*nods in agreement with geekboy*

an arkie work of art

04-20-06, 12:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides again"
LAST EDITED ON 04-20-06 AT 12:29 PM (EST)

I've come to the conclusion that AI deserves it if gag Kellie she wins!!

What I cannot stand about her is her complete fake act...it's fake fake fake fake fake fake (in my best Elaine voice)

I just want to punch her blond head every time I see it.

I am rooting for Elliott to win the whole thing now. Taylor is a SPAZ..thanks gizmo and Dweeze I agree get him off the stage now!!

Chris..I don't want him to win or even get to F2...I hope he completely rocks out opera next week and says UP YOURS SIMON!!

04-20-06, 12:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides again"
I used to not want him to win but he's made it too far into this thing not to. The only way I'd be satisfied with him not winning is if he quit.

an arkie work of art

04-20-06, 12:51 PM (EST)
21. "RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides again"
I was hoping that he would just rock out a song next week in protest.... Mind you I won't be unhappy if he wins and I was really mad he was in bottom 2 last nite, but I wish he would do something (w/o making him in breach of that stupid contract) to "expedite" his leaving.

Last nite, if I were Taylor, I would have REFUSED to pick a group. I remember when they did this before and I hated it. What could Ryan have done on live tv? The way he did it just makes me gag even more about Taylor...like he was STICKING it to CHRIS....He's STICKIN It (in my best George voice)

Ok, today. I've quoted Elaine and George here and Jerry in Survivor Fanatics...I love that show

04-20-06, 01:54 PM (EST)
28. "RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides again"
Bo refused to pick a group last season. Just stood there smilin'.

Sig by Arkie!!

archon 178 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-20-06, 01:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail archon Click to send private message to archon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides again"
While I am not sure it was a "STICKIN It" to Chris, I agree that Taylor should have walked between the two group -- looked at each --- then threw his hands up and sat back down... Would have been much classier than actually choosing a group...

And yes - i hated it when they did that in a previous season too..

Archon

"You can get more with a 2x4 and a kind word than with just a kind word." (Marcus, B5)

04-20-06, 02:20 PM (EST)
35. "RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides again"
I was hoping Taylor would just sit there and say I am the group I know is safe and leave it at that. I'll bet he was told during the break that he HAD to choose -- after all the contestants are the play things of the AI producers.

I didn't take it that Taylor was sticking it to Chris, I actually thought he shook Chris's hand out of respect to say he doesn't agree with it, Chris rocks, but he thought the voters went with the others.

1/4 Hicks Chick + 1/4 Daughtry Doll + 1/4 Pickler Luv + 1/4 McPheever = One Content Cat

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-06, 02:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "Was I watching a different show?"
What I saw...

Taylor had to choose (they make them after Bo stood in the middle), he started to join Chris. Meaning he thought Chris's group was safe, Seacrest started to say "I'm sor..." Taylor shook Chris's hand and went to the other group. How was that sticking it to Chris?

Not necessarily asking you Chatty, just jumping on the bottom of the line here.

04-20-06, 03:53 PM (EST)
46. "RE: Was I watching a different show?"
I said Taylor was stickin it...sort of tongue in cheek, ala George Costanza about Elaine buying him the coffee, but I still think that he shouldn't have chosen...thanks Boner I forgot about Bo not choosing. I remember George looked like the deer caught in the headlights.

Really, what could the producers done on live TV if he just refused? I blame the producers for this but Taylor could have handled it better. I don't know if he was in the process of actually picking or he was always going to go with Kellie/Kat/Elliott..I just did not like it...and I'm officially out of the soul patrol...to quote a wise weasel he's become "a parody of himself"

04-20-06, 04:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
52. "RE: Was I watching a different show?"
I was actually impressed with what he did - to me it looked like he was waiting for a verbal cue from Seacrest before making his final decision.

04-20-06, 05:02 PM (EST)
53. "RE: Was I watching a different show?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-20-06 AT 05:09 PM (EST)

To me, he shouldnt have even gotten off the couch...I thought he tried to make himself look "cool" at the expense *just a little* of Chris..

ETA: I was thinking last nite, bc this is not the 1st time they've done this lame gimmick...I think the producers looked at the 4 safe ones, and chose Taylor knowing the baffoon would do it and told him about this beforehand...and he agreed, but that's just a feeling I got...they may have even told him to do the hand shake...I just did not like it at all. I could be totally off base, this does happens often....

But besides that Taylor has become a parody of himself...which show spoofed him SNL or MadTV I don't watch em

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-06, 11:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
60. "RE: Was I watching a different show?"
That's what I thought too, Dweeze.

04-25-06, 07:19 PM (EST)
78. "RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides again"
Well, at least there better be no freakin way she wins! I will admit that it is worse than nails on a chalkboard when she talks (for me anyway). But I will also admit that singing-wise she isn't TOO terrible. That said...she is certainly VERY far from being the best singer and choice for AI. I would break up with the show if that happened.

Iconoclastic 151 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-06, 12:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Iconoclastic Click to send private message to Iconoclastic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides again"
All I have to say is "if" Kellie wins I hope they keep her in the country genre cause I don't listen to country so therefore will not have to listen to her.

If Kellie wins, thats absolutely it for me and AI. After that mouth breather Carrie won last year I wasn't going to bother this year but was brought back by the likes of Chris and Taylor. If they go with the lowest common denominator again the joke is no longer funny. Actually, the fact that she is still on the show is already causing me to lose interest.

04-20-06, 01:55 PM (EST)
29. "RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides again"
Mouth breather?

Sig by Arkie!!

Iconoclastic 151 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-06, 02:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Iconoclastic Click to send private message to Iconoclastic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides again"
http://www.doubletongued.org/index.php/dictionary/mouth_breather/

04-20-06, 02:47 PM (EST)
37. "RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides again"
Not meaning to speak for Boner, but I'm thinking he was more shocked that the term was used than not knowing what the term was. At least I was - I can't see anyway anyone would think it would apply.

04-20-06, 03:11 PM (EST)
40. "RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides again"
LAST EDITED ON 04-20-06 AT 03:12 PM (EST)

Exactly. I know what it means, but not why it would apply to Carrie. She doesn't appear particularly stupid to me.

Sig by Arkie!!

04-20-06, 03:14 PM (EST)
41. "RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides again"
But she's from the south and she sings country music. That makes her stupid, right? *rolls eyes*

an arkie work of art

04-20-06, 03:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail singer Click to send private message to singer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides again"
>But she's from the south and
>she sings country music.
>That makes her stupid, right?
>*rolls eyes*

No, that doesn't make her stupid.

SHE makes herself stupid.

I absolutely love Dolly Parton, even with all of the plastic surgery, because she is a consummate artist and one hell of a businesswoman. She was an excellent artist as a young woman.

No one can say that of The Pickle. Plus, she appears to be doing a very poor imitation of Dolly Parton and other great women country singers (Coal Miner's Daughter springs to my mind.) Those ladies can write music, sing music, run businesses, and help people. I admire them as much as I admire Tina Turner, another great lady from the Deep South who sings another genre of music. None of these ladies are dumb, and they were not dumb as young artists, even if some of them had rocky relationships and made questionable choices about staying in them.

The Pickle focuses on sounding like a dumb idiot everytime the camera is on her. Her age has nothing to do with her dumbness. She's a walking caricature of all that is bad about Southern musical culture.

And besides that, she cannot sing her way out of a brown paper bag.

Taylor, Paris, and Kat are legions ahead of her stylistically and technically. The same is true of Chris and Elliot. I would pick ANY of this lot over The Pickle, because quite simply, they can sing.

The Pickle cannot.

--Singer

04-20-06, 03:53 PM (EST)
45. "RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides again"
The mouth breather comment was made about Carrie, not Kellie. Carrie has never shown anything that might lead one to believe she was stupid.

04-20-06, 05:04 PM (EST)
54. "RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides again"
Agree totally that Carrie is not stupid. I am her fan.

Sorry if my comments responded about the wrong person, but I still hold to my comments about The Pickle.

--Singer

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-06, 02:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
61. "RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides again"
Well, I watched all last season and, in the interests of diplomacy, I'll refrain from commenting.

Goddess of the Steeler Nation
Of course, if I thought she had once ounce of talent, I could overlook it. Same goes for Kellie. Stupid + talented = geg will deal with it. Stupid + makes my ears bleed = geg wants to tear their throats out.

04-21-06, 03:44 PM (EST)
62. "RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides again"
heehee.

--Singer

Former CBSer 81 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-06, 04:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Former%20CBSer Click to send private message to Former%20CBSer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
87. "RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides again"
I feel sorry for you as you are missing some great music that originated in this country and also makes it great. Can't say the same for Rap Crap or Hop Hip!

gotears 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-20-06, 12:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail gotears Click to send private message to gotears Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides again"
Don't blame pickler; Chris has been bad for a few weeks and with Bocelli and love songs next week, it would not be a huge shock if he's gone. The boy can yell, but sing? That's another story.

04-20-06, 01:08 PM (EST)
23. "RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides again"
LAST EDITED ON 04-20-06 AT 01:09 PM (EST)

I'm not blaming Pickler, I'm blaming the voters.

And this is where the world becomes an interesting place because everyone is so very different. I saw Chris as doing wonderfully getting out of his comfort zone. Never once IMO has he been bad this season unlike Kellie who didn't do a good job this week or Stevie week.

Siggy thanks to Syren!

eft some grammar issues.

04-20-06, 01:34 PM (EST)
26. "RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides again"
I also think Chris did very well on both Country night and this week.

Chris has a very versatile voice, which is beautiful when singing more mellow songs and ballads, but at the same time it is also a great rock voice when singing the belters. He obviously has great control of his voice compared to Constantine who seemed to lose control when belting out teh rock songs.

Where Chris has been 'bad' has been in some of his song selections. Choosing "What If" by Creed was a bad choice because the song was boring and repetitive and didn't ahve a the 'wow' factor. I also agree that his Queen selection was bad in terms of audience response. He sang it very well, and i was impressed, but i admit i was hoping he would do a better known song like "Under Pressure" and 'have a moment' like Simon said.

Next week should be interesting for Chris. I'd love to see the list of song possibilities that they provided to the contestants.

geekboy

Twinkles 324 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-06, 04:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Twinkles Click to send private message to Twinkles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
49. "RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides again"
I very much want Kellie to leave mostly because I don't like country music. Honestly I find myself cursing when she's singing it well because I know she'll hang on another week.

My favorites are Elliott and Chris. At first it was Chris because I'd be thrilled for an Alternative rocker to win. I like the genre. It's contemporary. I like to hear it. That man can sing it well.

As he was strongly encouraged to drift away from it I grew to appreciate Elliot more and more. As other people were still in the race I've been voting to keep him around.

My constant dream is for Kelly to go next but it's not going to happen. Carrie Underwood is doing amazingly well in the C&W world and I'm sure Kellie is getting a huge following from there alone. It's a very large market all over the US. Kellie will stick around for awhile even though she wrecked that song I love "Bewitched, Bothered, and Bewildered". I thought I was going to have to like her for singing it. But she killed it, killed it I say.

I suspect she'll outlast Paris, Elliott, and Katharine - at least.

04-20-06, 05:05 PM (EST)
55. "RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides again"
I agree with your post 100% Twinkles...nicely worded!

On Tues., I tried to vote for Elliott and got thru only once..I tried Ace too and only once, tried Chris, never did get through

Twinkles 324 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-06, 08:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Twinkles Click to send private message to Twinkles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
59. "RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides again"
Thaynk yew! Ahm never shure wot peeple think uhv mah writin' on these bards but that's a load off my chest.

04-21-06, 04:19 PM (EST)
63. "RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides again"
Don't blame pickler; Chris has been bad for a few weeks

Chris has not been bad EVER. Not once. He may not have picked the best songs (though personally I haven't had a problem with any of them), but he's sung them all well.

Sig by Arkie!!

04-20-06, 01:59 PM (EST)
32. "RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides again"
Eh, I'm not worried about Chris. Every season, and almost every week, somone ends up in the bottom 3 that's a surprise. And with this bunch, from now on a good performer will end up in the bottom. People get complacent when they're fave is safe every week (like Chris), and others get on the phone big time when they're favorite is threatened by a bad perofrmance (like Kellie).

It always ends up working itself out.

And the producers don't care that "America likes crap for music", because that "crap" is what sells their records.

Sig by Arkie!!

Carebear42 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-21-06, 10:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Carebear42 Click to send private message to Carebear42 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
64. "RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides again"
New to the AI board, hello all.

After reading through this thread, I felt compelled to give my own 2 cents. It seems there's a general consensus on this board that Pickler is ACTING dumb. I'm not quite sure where this comes from. Has there been some news I'm not aware of that states that she's really smart, but just acting? I am NEVER surprised at how stupid people can be...I see it every day, so I would not be one bit surprised if Kellie was that stupid. And if that's how she's getting votes, that's even worse. What, do people sit on their couch at home and think..."Awwww, honey, look at how amazingly dumb she is, we should vote for her."? And to the poster that mentioned that women who are blond and attractive are automatically thought of as stupid...neither the fact that Kellie is blond or attractive (to some I guess), has ever made me think that she was stupid. It's the words that come out of her mouth. Actually, it might not have been anything she's ever said, it was the week after she had first mentioned her eyelashes were like tarantulas, that Ryan asked her something (what are you up to? something really general), and Kellie just stared, the most blank stare I've ever seen, and then mentioned how her eyelashes weren't like tarantulas this week.

I love AI, it's almost always entertaining, and I look forward to everyone's performance, except hers. She drives me nuts, and I don't understand why she is still in the competition. I really hope she doesn't outlast any of my favorites, or even, god-forbid , actually win the competition. If that happens, I'll never watch the show again.

Not trying to be inflammatory, just how I feel
Nice to meet you all

04-22-06, 00:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
65. "RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides again"
I may regret linking to VFTW, but I think this explains why some people believe Pickler is a fake...

http://votefortheworst.com/pickler.html

Take it with a grain of salt

04-24-06, 08:08 AM (EST)
70. "RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides again"
Welcome to the boards Carebear42!

Siggy thanks to Syren!

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

04-24-06, 00:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
69. "RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides again"
I love Kellie.

She reminds me of my niece, which while not dumb per se, she's what one would call booksmart, yet we have to explain movie plots and she never quite gets the punchline of a joke. Kellie's kind of like that. So what that she pronounced salmon with the L, I've mispronounced plenty of words in my time. And they shouldn't have put that stupid silent L in there anyway.

And while not a country music fan I could see me watching a Pickle video on CMT someday.

I'd like a Pickle/Hicks final 2.

tenmeters 202 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-06, 01:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tenmeters Click to send private message to tenmeters Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
75. "RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides again"
dream on sweetie

04-25-06, 04:45 PM (EST)
77. "RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides again"
Don't dismiss that idea so easily. Who hasn't yet been in the bottom 3? Pickler and Hicks. May change this week, but ya never know.

Sig by Arkie!!

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-06, 12:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
81. "RE: The PicklerLuvFactor rides again"
ah, I was called "sweetie", gee I haven't been called sweetie in a semi-sarcastic way in so long it gave me goosebumps

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-06, 04:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
76. "Kellie's home town on local newsreport"
NPR station here during the local news did a short story on Kellie's hometown.

Apparently they close the main street down to traffic, have a street party for the show and then hand out cell phones for people to text message for free (to them, I know someone is picking up the tab, maybe local cell phone company?)

I didn't catch how many text messages they said they sent from the party but it was quite a few.

I know all home towns rally behind an idol, but this is more than I usually hear about.

04-25-06, 07:29 PM (EST)
80. "RE: Kellie's home town on local newsreport"
Hmmmmm.....very interesting.....

04-26-06, 03:09 PM (EST)
82. "RE: It's Time For Kellie To Go "
After last night's abomination, I am convinced that Kellie wants to go. She knows she is out of her league and I think her "fans" should just let her go and not continue to let her embarass herself on national television.
Two weeks in a row she bastardized the song and then stood there like, "Golly, I just don't know what happened". I swear, I think this type of pathetic display is an Idol first! I feel like I'm watching a high school cabaret contest!

04-26-06, 03:15 PM (EST)
83. "RE: It's Time For Kellie To Go "
I'm certainly not her biggest fan but I'm not a Kellie hater either. I go back and forth with the fake thing. But I was not fond of watching her tear up last night. She has to know by now that she's out of her league so there was no need to make her cry. Unless, of course, they wanted her to get pity votes.

an arkie work of art

04-26-06, 03:21 PM (EST)
84. "RE: It's Time For Kellie To Go "
I am actually starting to feel sorry for her. Every season somebody gets hung out to dry because people keep voting for them even though they are not in the same league as the other contestants who are left. This year it's Kellie.
It's painful to watch because they can't just walk away at the point that it starts to get very uncomfortable.

04-26-06, 03:24 PM (EST)
85. "RE: It's Time For Kellie To Go "
We have VFTW to thank for that. It's amusing to a point but when cute little girls start crying, I start to get upset.

an arkie work of art

04-26-06, 05:21 PM (EST)
89. "RE: It's Time For Kellie To Go "
Sorry, can't agree with that.

If VFTW had so much impact to make a person who was going home into a person that hasn't seen the B3 once, then Kevin Covais, and Brenna Geathers, and Scott Savol/John Stephens would have lasted even longer. Well, at least the first two. They may have the impact to keep a person from going home, but from there to safe every week? People like Janay Castine and her ilk would have lasted longer. They likely help, but they can't be blamed solely for keeping her on.

And perhaps the cute little girl isn't ready for this kind of scene if she is crying over being kept on the most popular show on television by, mostly, legitimate fans. Maybe she simply isn't emotionally mature enough. Of course, that hasn't stopped Paula Abdul for hosting the show for five years, but...

04-26-06, 10:41 PM (EST)
90. "RE: It's Time For Kellie To Go "
Disagree.

VFTW combined with actual fanbase makes made a big difference. She would have never made it this far without them.

I don't believe they kept her in there on their own. They're not that powerful. She has a huge fanbase all by herself. She didn't really even need them to make it farther than she should have but they certainly assisted her in getting to 6th (going by our top 12, that was 5 places too many).

I have no comment about emotional stability because I lack it. Oh, you said maturity. There's a difference. I'm not sure which category Kellie falls into but I'm guessing it's stability not maturity. One must assume what the "Idols" go through is very stressful and stress takes a big toll on emotions. (I won't even bring up her family.) Not everybody can take being kicked with a smile. You have to be quite confident and quite sure of yourself to be able to smile through that kind of criticism in front of millions of people. {/shameless Bucky plug} And I think we can all agree that she knew she was out of her league at this point.

Back to VFTW - I'm not a supporter of Kellie's. I never even considered voting for her. I guess I see no need to put anybody in a position to be made a fool of. I'd like to see Idol suffer for their stupid addictive little show but not at one person's, especially a likeable person's, expense.

I'm glad she got to go this week.

You're using Scott Savol as a comparison? How much farther could Scott Savol have possibly made it? LOL. yeesh.

04-26-06, 11:02 PM (EST)
91. "RE: It's Time For Kellie To Go "
Reasonable minds can differ on the maturity/stability. I don't think arguing that anymore would do good, I see your point on it. I still say emotional maturity has some factor in being able to take it. I'm emotionally stable, but I likely couldn't handle the VFTW kind of thing. Of course, I'm not auditioning for American Idol and signing a contract for a show to exploit me like the AI people do.

Although, Kellie was only not affected by Vote For the Worst for a total of four weeks. For the Top 24 and Top 20 weeks, the female choice was Brenna Gethers. For the Top 12 and Top 11 weeks, the choice was Kevin Covais. For Top 16, and Top 10-Top 6, the choice was Pickler.

The only source for any outside voting predictions is dialidol, so here are Pickler's numbers.

24: Pickler was 1st among females, 2nd overall
20: Pickler was 1st among females, 1st overall
(VFTW takes support)
16: Pickler was 1st among females, 3rd overall (note: Kevin Covais' support was taken this week, he was 1st/1st)
(VFTW removes support, females/males merged)
12: Pickler was 2nd overall
11: Pickler was 1st-4th overall, placed 2nd
(VFTW resumes support)
10: Pickler was 2nd overall
9: Pickler was 2nd-4th overall, placed 3rd.
8: Pickler was 2nd-3rd overall, placed 2nd
7: Pickler was 2nd-6th overall, placed 4th
6: Pickler was 4th-6th overall, placed 6th (voted off)

I just cannot see a huge corrolation there. The big note was Kevin, who experienced a ridiculous jump in the week he was placed as VFTW's favorite. Also, Kellie got a moderate boost from her choice week, but that could be coincidence. The rest stayed pretty level from what we can see, considering that scores go down weekly. VFTW certainly has impact, and I personally love what they do, but I cannot imagine it was that big to make a difference between a constant Top 2-3 contestant and a boot in any given week.

As for Scott Savol, he wouldn't have made it farther anyway, I was just throwing in any successful Dialidol. It is one year to the day where Constantine got voted out over Scott after all. I think he could have made it to 4th, I actually preferred the blob to Anthony Fedorov.

04-26-06, 11:47 PM (EST)
92. "RE: It's Time For Kellie To Go "
Kevin got booted 11th, right? So that means Kellie should have gone out 10th. (really they should have gone 12th and 11th because Melissa was better than both of them <-- my opinion, of course) So I guess that's 4 places too many instead of 5. But yeah, I see your point too, FC, I do. VFTW doesn't make that big a difference but it does make some and at this stage in the game, I just think it's mean. I just got all sad and stuff when she teared up. I went into protective mode probably. That's just another side effect of my emotional instability. And right now I'm just very paranoid about who they're going to pick up next (Taylor, who doesn't need extra votes, Katharine, who would be very upset if she found out which she most likely will and that will put me into protective rant mode again, or Paris, who, well, I have nothing really to say about).

Not to mention Pickler outlasted my boyfriend and I am very bitter about that.

04-26-06, 11:56 PM (EST)
93. "RE: It's Time For Kellie To Go "
I don't know why Kellie would go out 10th. She was pretty safe. Although she was one of the worst people to get into the Final 12, she had an inexplicably large fanbase. I don't get it either, Bucky was worlds better, as was Mandisa.

My bet is that it will be Taylor (a fine choice, but it just happens that VFTW jumps on a big bandwagon) or Katharine (2nd in votes, although she would take it most personally.)

I personally love the idea, but it can cause harm. Still, fucks with the show a lot less than the people in charge (I heard that the powers that be made Taylor change his song from "Try a Little Tenderness", as it wasn't a traditional love songs. Bryan Adams? Yes. Otis Redding? Nah.

04-26-06, 04:02 PM (EST)
86. "RE: It's Time For Kellie To Go "
I’ve been listening to Kellie’s performance from last night over and over. Taken alone, just listening to the vocal, it really isn’t that bad. She does have a really good voice, but she is in real need of a vocal coach to work with her on phrasing, staying with the band (and tempo overall), and dynamics. And maybe they have been, but the lessons haven’t taken. But I can see where they might think they can make a star out of her.

In other words, I think that talent-wise she is the equal of everyone else left. It's in her skill that she is way lacking.

04-26-06, 04:14 PM (EST)
88. "RE: It's Time For Kellie To Go "
That's what I'm saying. She really CAN sing, it's just that her lack of training is really starting to show each week as it gets down to the cream of the crop. There is serious potential there if she is given the chance and people weren't so harsh on her.

It's obvious her confidence is waning, because it was like Kellie left the building last night (as someone said possessed by Carrie) because normally Kellie has decent stage presence and life in her when she performs.

I like the tone of her voice & with training, she will become more consistent. Give the poor girl a break. No one deserves the hatred thrown at them the way she's been getting it. I feel sorry for her.

Kind Creation of ARNutz

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •