The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Rankings - Rod Stewart Night"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-19-06, 04:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Rankings - Rod Stewart Night"
LAST EDITED ON 04-19-06 AT 04:26 AM (EST)

Wow! A most impressive night. I would have liked to see a little more of an upbeat selection of songs (thank you Taylor for providing a little groove), but all in all, it worked.

1. Katherine: Perfection. But, taking a page from Simon's book, she really needs to show us something else. She is starting to bore me. To tears.

2. Chris: I was a little worried when I heard his selection, but this was great. And he added that little umphh in there, which IMO, perfected it for him.

3. Paris: Beautiful.

4. Elliott: Great vocals, much better stage presence. And if the busy signal is any indicator, he should be safe this week. I could not get through at all. Hopefully, this is a comeback week for him.

5. Taylor: Thank Cod for the ending, which made the song.

6. Ace: Much better than in week's past, but he's just got that "ick" factor going for me (kind of like Paris does for Geggy). And the combination of his cheesy smile and Paula's "tell me about your scar" comments from a few weeks ago just kills him for me. I cannot stomach him.

7. Kellie: This performance "bothered" me. And the fact that she's never been in the Bottom 3 "bewilders" me. I guess she "bewitchingly" captures the Texas vote.

It's Arkie Love

ETA: No, the timestamp is not an error. I really am up at 4 a.m. Don't ask. Really, don't.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Rankings - Rod Stewart Night Lasann 04-19-06 1
 RE: Rankings - Rod Stewart Night CattyChat 04-19-06 2
 RE: Rankings - Rod Stewart Night Glow 04-19-06 3
 RE: Rankings - Rod Stewart Night Breezy 04-19-06 4
   RE: Rankings - Rod Stewart Night samboohoo 04-19-06 13
 RE: Rankings - Rod Stewart Night zombiebaby 04-19-06 5
   RE: Rankings - Rod Stewart Night mrc 04-19-06 8
       RE: Rankings - Rod Stewart Night Glow 04-19-06 10
           RE: Rankings - Rod Stewart Night zombiebaby 04-19-06 14
       RE: Rankings - Rod Stewart Night zombiebaby 04-19-06 15
           RE: Rankings - Rod Stewart Night mrc 04-19-06 18
               RE: Rankings - Rod Stewart Night tamarama 04-19-06 44
       RE: Rankings - Rod Stewart Night nailbone 04-19-06 22
           RE: Rankings - Rod Stewart Night brvnkrz 04-19-06 35
               RE: Rankings - Rod Stewart Night nailbone 04-19-06 36
                   RE: Rankings - Rod Stewart Night Glow 04-19-06 37
                       RE: Rankings - Rod Stewart Night brvnkrz 04-19-06 39
                       RE: Rankings - Rod Stewart Night nailbone 04-19-06 40
                           AHEM! geg6 04-19-06 49
                               RE: AHEM! nailbone 04-19-06 50
                   Ahem. mrc 04-19-06 48
                       RE: Ahem. nailbone 04-19-06 51
                           RE: Ahem. Iconoclastic 04-19-06 52
                               RE: Ahem. nailbone 04-19-06 55
                           RE: Ahem. mrc 04-19-06 54
                               RE: Ahem. nailbone 04-19-06 56
                               RE: Ahem. gotears 04-20-06 59
                           RE: Ahem. Devious Weasel 04-19-06 57
   RE: Rankings - Rod Stewart Night ElroyJetson 04-19-06 30
       RE: Rankings - Rod Stewart Night Glow 04-19-06 32
 RE: Rankings - Rod Stewart Night Magnolia_Rocker 04-19-06 6
 RE: Rankings - Rod Stewart Night mrc 04-19-06 7
   RE: Rankings - Rod Stewart Night Breezy 04-19-06 9
       RE: Rankings - Rod Stewart Night mrc 04-19-06 19
   RE: Rankings - Rod Stewart Night Glow 04-19-06 12
       RE: Rankings - Rod Stewart Night mrc 04-19-06 20
           RE: Rankings - Rod Stewart Night Glow 04-19-06 21
               RE: Rankings - Rod Stewart Night mrc 04-19-06 27
                   RE: Rankings - Rod Stewart Night Glow 04-19-06 28
 RE: Rankings - Rod Stewart Night brvnkrz 04-19-06 11
 RE: Rankings - Rod Stewart Night geg6 04-19-06 16
   Almost the same AyaK 04-19-06 53
 RE: Rankings - Rod Stewart Night nailbone 04-19-06 17
   RE: Rankings - Rod Stewart Night brvnkrz 04-19-06 25
       RE: Rankings - Rod Stewart Night nailbone 04-19-06 33
 RE: Rankings - Rod Stewart Night geekboy 04-19-06 23
 RE: Rankings - Rod Stewart Night Devious Weasel 04-19-06 24
   RE: Rankings - Rod Stewart Night Glow 04-19-06 26
 RE: Rankings - Rod Stewart Night ElroyJetson 04-19-06 29
 RE: Rankings - Rod Stewart Night Lisapooh 04-19-06 31
 RE: Rankings - Rod Stewart Night theking0075 04-19-06 34
 RE: Rankings - Rod Stewart Night Hoobie 04-19-06 38
 Kat McPhee... singer 04-19-06 41
 RE: Rankings - Rod Stewart Night udg 04-19-06 42
 RE: Rankings - Rod Stewart Night tamarama 04-19-06 43
 RE: Rankings - Rod Stewart Night Iconoclastic 04-19-06 45
 RE: Rankings - Rod Stewart Night priestdi 04-19-06 46
   RE: Rankings - Rod Stewart Night Glow 04-19-06 47
 RE: Rankings - Rod Stewart Night selah 04-19-06 58

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Lasann 3616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-19-06, 07:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lasann Click to send private message to Lasann Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Rankings - Rod Stewart Night"
LAST EDITED ON 04-19-06 AT 07:33 AM (EST)

Boo, honey, you still up? What's up?

I'm having trouble this year with the contestants. I don't lvoe any of them but I like almost all of them. Oh, and have I mentioned that I lvoe Rod Stewart?

1. Paris - that was an amazing performance. I loved the song and thought she hit it.
2. Katherine - she was perfect. I was wondering if she could handle singing Barbra.
3. Chris - I don't particularly like Chris. I don't like hard rock. I was worried that he wouldn't be able to sing a classic. Honestly, this is the only performance of his that I really liked.
4. Ace - I do like Ace. He's here mainly because I think he has the it factor. I don't think this was his best performance, I actually flintched in the middle. But I think, of the remaining singers, he has a better opportunity to be an idol.
5. Taylor - just because he amuses me. I think he could be successful. I like his voice. But I don't see him as an idol.
6. Elliott - he has an amazing voice but he just doesn't make me swoon like an idol should.
7. Kellie -gag- I'm so tired of her. She needs to go to the Grand Ole Opry and giggle for them.

Flowers courtesy of my yard.

eta Kellie's name

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-19-06, 07:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Rankings - Rod Stewart Night"
What a great night -- most everyone did a fantastic job. This will be a tough week to see someone go, but I think it’s going to go with overall performances and fan base. 2 of my top 4 found their way to the bottom, but my mind is already made up and it didn’t stop me from voting for them even though they weren’t the best of the night.

EXQUISITE PERFECTION
1. KATHERINE - She looked exquisite and sang beautifully. She deserved to close the show last night. BRAVA!

THE ULTIMATE PERFORMER
2. TAYLOR - I just love Taylor’s performances, he is possessed by the music and that’s a GOOD thing. He was hot last night.

EXCELLENT
3. PARIS - She’s been out of the competition for me because she’s been so disappointing to me & there’s something about her that just bugs me. Last night she “played the part” of the middle-aged diva on the comeback tour -- ugh, HOWEVER, she sang beautifully and it reminded me why I liked her on her audition. Unfortunately, it’s too late to get my votes. She should be an actress or Vegas impersonator, because she’s just sings a different part each week. Also, the fact that she has super-stage-mother following her around bugs me too. Mrs. Joe Simpson -- double ugh!

VERY VERY GOOD
4. CHRIS - What’s not to love about Chris? I wish he’d get the boot and start recording his first album & plan his tour already!! He did a GREAT job last night & proved he can sing as well as rock (I’m not surprised). Unfortunately, there were much better performances last night, but it doesn’t matter, Chris is a rock-god-in-the-making.

BETTER THAN AVERAGE
5. ELLIOTT - He can sing, but he has absolutely no charisma and not an ounce of the X-factor and that’s why he will be in the bottom 3 & possibly going home. People who say looks don’t matter . . . unfortunately it DOES matter and having someone sing a beautiful love song who looks like he was on the losing end of a series of bar fights just doesn’t sell. Nice guy, really good voice (too much vibrato for my tastes, though), but no American Idol.

6. ACE - Ace not so surprisingly did a very good job last night. Unfortunately it’s too late in the game for a comeback. A slight possibility he’ll make it another week. He seems like a real nice guy, fairly good looking (his older brother is HOT), but not a strong singer. Sitcom actor, not American Idol. I’m sure he’ll be in the bottom 3 once again.

THE NERVES WON
7. KELLIE - One of my 4 is at the bottom. I am convinced more each week that she is 100% real. I like her sweet, bubbly personality and I feel she really does want this. She’s one without formal training and who will benefit the most each week with the AI people working with her on her vocals, diction, etc. She knew she blew it last night and was the first one to admit it. She’s humble and wants to do well. I thought it also reflected on her that the Judges were really nice even though she messed up last night. If she was a snotty brat behind the scenes, the judges would have skewered her to take her down. I honestly don’t think she’ll be in the bottom 3 this week because despite the haters, there are more Kellie fans out there.

Kind Creation of ARNutz

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

04-19-06, 07:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Rankings - Rod Stewart Night"
I thought they all did rather well. I didn't think there was a bad performance in the bunch.

1. Bucky oops. Old habits.
1. Paris - outshined the rest
2. Katharine - I don't think she was as good as they wanted us to think she was but it was good nonetheless.
3. Chris - he has a wonderful voice
4. Ace - all except for where he fell into the falsetto. Quit.telling.him.it.sounds.good.
5. Elliot - I guess they needed somebody to kick since Bucky's gone. He did well.
6. Taylor - boring until the end
7. Kellie - a few problem spots but overall I didn't think it was too bad. She should at least be in the bottom three.

an arkie work of art

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

04-19-06, 07:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Rankings - Rod Stewart Night"
Wow, very good night for most. Truly one of the best performance nights in AI's history. IMHO

1. Katherine- perfection, she looked awesome and sang with such ease. It astounds me that she can hit those higher notes and not a scrinch appears on her face.

2. Taylor- I love it when he throws himself into a song.

3. Chris- during the final playback at the end he sounded boring. But I liked his performance.

4. Elliot- Still like his voice and enjoyed that he tried to put some personality in the song.

5. Ace- Liked the look, didn't hate the vocals. Still not a favorite of mine.

6. Paris- Can we pleaseeeeee let little miss dress up go home? And her Mom too.

7. Kellie- She was right, she butchered it.

Save a horse, ride a cowboy.

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

04-19-06, 08:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Rankings - Rod Stewart Night"
Paris: Her mom so looks like she could be her sister. Don't ya think?

It's Arkie Love

zombiebaby 7356 desperate attention whore postings

04-19-06, 08:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Rankings - Rod Stewart Night"
I thought it was a good night too.

1. Chris - I thought he just blew me away. Edges out Paris because I just like him better overall.

2. Paris - I am glad she had a good night. She was wonderful.

3. Katharine - She was good, but you knew she would be for this genre. Like others say. Boring though. I thought she looked sloppy too for this night. I expected class and elegance and her hair looked like it was falling out and her outfit was blah. She reminds me of Constantine, kind of swarmy and camera mugging.

4. Taylor - I thought the band was drowning him out in the begininnig. If you are gonna have a strong part of the song good thing it was the ending. Too bad the whole song was not like that.

5. Ace - Not too bad. Kind of skeevy with the hair. Not great either but OK.

6. Elliot - Boring. I just don't like his voice.

7. Kellie - although the worst she may have saved herself by admiting it was bad. America loves humble pie.

Siggy conceived by Arkie, gestating done by Zombs

mrc 10113 desperate attention whore postings

04-19-06, 08:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Rankings - Rod Stewart Night"
She reminds me of Constantine, kind of swarmy and camera mugging.

If I didn't love you so much, I would disown you for this comment. I'm still thinking about it, so don't push it, sistah!

04-19-06, 08:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Rankings - Rod Stewart Night"
But the BIG, huge actually, difference is that Kat is hot. Constantine is so very unattractive.

an arkie work of art

04-19-06, 08:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Rankings - Rod Stewart Night"
I do agree here. She is beautiful, Constantine not so much. Just rubs me the wrong way.

04-19-06, 08:45 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Rankings - Rod Stewart Night"
You wanna fight?

Does she not mug for the camera like Constantine?

04-19-06, 08:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Rankings - Rod Stewart Night"
I'll fight for Kat.

She mugs, but so does everybody.

Ace has with his come-hither look *shudder*.
Chris has his intense, pooping look.
Paris has her innocent, ho-ish look.
Kellie has her wide-eyed, gosh-darn look
Taylor has his I'm-your-daddy look.
Elliott . . . well, he's on screen.

Comparing her to Constantine was just a low blow. She's not pervy with her eyes like he was.

What is Phil's golf equipment?

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-19-06, 12:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: Rankings - Rod Stewart Night"
>>Chris has his intense, pooping look<<

*POSITIVELY SHRIEKING WITH LAUGHTER*

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

04-19-06, 09:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Rankings - Rod Stewart Night"
I'm with you, C. I LOVED the close-up gazing into my eyes...er, I mean the camera.

Sig by Arkie!!

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster o-

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

04-19-06, 11:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Rankings - Rod Stewart Night"
Ummm, I thought she was singing to me.

My original Syren

04-19-06, 11:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Rankings - Rod Stewart Night"
Nope. Sorry. Me. Looked right at me with those deep brown eyes.

*sigh*

Sig by Arkie!!

04-19-06, 11:46 AM (EST)
37. "RE: Rankings - Rod Stewart Night"
Sorry, sweetness, I get the feeling knockers has a better chance with her than you.

an arkie work of art

04-19-06, 12:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Rankings - Rod Stewart Night"
Yay for lesbians.

My original Syren

04-19-06, 12:09 PM (EST)
40. "RE: Rankings - Rod Stewart Night"
Yeah, well that pretty much applies to all women.

Sig by Arkie!!

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

04-19-06, 01:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
49. "AHEM!"
Not me!!!!!

*smooch*

Goddess of the Steeler Nation

04-19-06, 02:32 PM (EST)
50. "RE: AHEM!"
*smooch* I always said that you were exceptional.

Sig by Arkie!!

04-19-06, 01:12 PM (EST)
48. "Ahem."
I'm prez of her fan club. I think we all know she was looking at me.

04-19-06, 02:53 PM (EST)
51. "RE: Ahem."
Here she is, singing just for me!!

Sig by Arkie!!

Iconoclastic 151 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-19-06, 03:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Iconoclastic Click to send private message to Iconoclastic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
52. "RE: Ahem."
That picture practically begs to be photoshopped.

04-19-06, 05:20 PM (EST)
55. "RE: Ahem."
Don't you DARE!!!

Sig by Arkie!!

04-19-06, 05:17 PM (EST)
54. "RE: Ahem."
Funny, it looks like her eyes are on me.

A Nefarious Dice Creation

04-19-06, 05:22 PM (EST)
56. "RE: Ahem."
And yet, sadly, no.

Sig by Arkie!!

gotears 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-20-06, 01:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail gotears Click to send private message to gotears Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
59. "RE: Ahem."
That's the point! She performs the song so that you and everyone else thinks she is singing to them. She's polished and knows how to put a song and lyric across. Some of the others are singing to themselves.

For those who say she's boring, maybe it is because you have no sense of what a singer should do.

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

04-19-06, 05:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
57. "RE: Ahem."
Her lips are clearly forming the word "Dweeze"

ElroyJetson 586 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-19-06, 10:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ElroyJetson Click to send private message to ElroyJetson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Rankings - Rod Stewart Night"
She reminds me of Constantine, kind of swarmy and camera mugging

ZB, I think you meant to put that on the ACE row!

04-19-06, 10:52 AM (EST)
32. "RE: Rankings - Rod Stewart Night"
But the BIG, huge actually, difference is that Kat Ace is hot attractive. Constantine is so very unattractive.

an arkie work of art

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-19-06, 08:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Rankings - Rod Stewart Night"
LAST EDITED ON 04-19-06 AT 08:28 AM (EST)

It's about freaking time we had a good night of performances!

1. Chris - In a most GenX fashion I gave all the Chris naysayers the two birdie salute after this performance. Wow do I love this man. He could stick his head in a fishtank and sing and I would still love him. Way to go Chris!!!

2. Katharine - I absolutely love this song and Kat didn't disappoint. She's beautiful, has a fantastic voice and she smoulders (sp) on stage. Instead of the judges telling Kellie she has the face for movies they need to be saying it to Kat. I officially have a girl crush.

3. Elliott - I adore this man's voice. Smooth as honey. I'm afraid he will never make the top of my list because of his stage presence. He did do better tonight but he's still not there. I want to reach into the TV every time he performs and push his eyebrows down. When he was singing parts of the song with his eyes at halfmast he was downright handsome!

4. Taylor - Taylor is this low because the song started out a bit boring and karaoke but he brought it home in the end. When he started dancing at the end I told my DH "There's the Taylor we know and love!".

5. Paris - Should she be higher? Yes. Will she ever be higher on my personal list? No. I just plain do not like this girl. She did great at the song but I knew she would because this is her genre of music to sing but in reality there isn't that big of an audience that would go out tomorrow and buy her CD of this type of music. Also, her speaking voice is like nails on a chalkboard to my ears. It sounds like she's been sucking helium all day. Ugh.

6. Ace - Ace didn't do half bad tonight but I'm really tired of his falsetto's. Can the boy do a song without falsing it in some way? I'm tired of looking at you, I'm tired of listening to you, so please go away.

7. Kellie - UGH! She just flat out sucked last night. Then with her hicky little comments and "look how cute I am" antics she just turned my stomach. I'm tired of her and I wish that her fan base would all simultaneoulsy lose the use of their phones so she would go.home.already.

Siggy thanks to Syren!

etf spelling

04-19-06, 08:23 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Rankings - Rod Stewart Night"
LAST EDITED ON 04-19-06 AT 09:00 AM (EST)

1. Kat (Duh!)
2. Taylor (Glad he's back to being Taylor.)
3. Paris (This pains me, but she sang great last night.)
4. Chris (I take it back--Chris is boring when he goes all romantic. Rock on, dood!)
5. Elliott (Not as good as last week, that's fo sho.)
6. Kellie (I give her props for admitting that she butchered the song.)
7. Ace (After rocking last week *sticks out tongue at Glow*, he's back to sucking.)

Ferociously purrfected by thndrkttn

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

04-19-06, 08:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Rankings - Rod Stewart Night"
What's a propo?

04-19-06, 09:02 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Rankings - Rod Stewart Night"
Umm. Hmm. *scratches head* Isn't it a tax term?

Fat fingers=propos.

04-19-06, 08:35 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Rankings - Rod Stewart Night"
Ace (After rocking next week *sticks out tongue at Glow*, he's back to sucking.)

*blink* #1. Why are you sticking your tongue out at me? #2. Is he rocking next week?

an arkie work of art

04-19-06, 09:04 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Rankings - Rod Stewart Night"
Last week, I mentioned something about Ace rocking harder than Chris.

As for the second question, I am time-traveling now.

Fat fingers=propos=next week. (It's the new math.)

04-19-06, 09:12 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Rankings - Rod Stewart Night"
I guess I blocked that out. Were you kidding? Because Ace sucked really hard last week.

even fat fingers can't mess up next and last

04-19-06, 09:57 AM (EST)
27. "RE: Rankings - Rod Stewart Night"
I was serious, but I backed down in the face of overwhelming ridicule.

04-19-06, 10:08 AM (EST)
28. "RE: Rankings - Rod Stewart Night"
{mocking singsong voice}You like ay-ace. You like ay-ace.{/mocking singsong voice}
It's okay. You're allowed to have you're own opinions. Don't back down. I thought he was terrible last week (I think most people thought that). You didn't.

Dog knows my unwaveringBuckylove has gained me much ridicule.

04-19-06, 08:35 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Rankings - Rod Stewart Night"
Tied for 1st: Chris and Katharine. Both gave me chills and I can not pick between the two.
3. Taylor
4. Paris
5. Elliot
6. Ace-I just can't get into him so it makes it hard to rank him high even if he does well
7. Kellie

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

04-19-06, 08:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Rankings - Rod Stewart Night"
Thanks for the shoutout, Boo. Even if it's only to point out how much I detest Paris. LOL!

1. Katherine - that was pretty much flawless. Problem is that I totally expected her to be with this genre. I thought she finally looked pretty good. Her control is awesome and she has the prettiest face.

2. Chris - that should have shut up all those who say he can't do anything but rock. He just totally slays me. I'm in love in a ridiculous, teenage kind of way.

3. Elliott - huge drop from the first two. He always sounds pretty good, but he just does not have any "it" factor. I think I'd like him better if I didn't watch him. He always seems too uncomfortable to me.

4. Taylor - only here because I can't put Paris any higher. And because, after a beginning that I was sure Simon would call "karaoke," he pulled it out of his azz for a great finish.

5. Paris - I'll give her props for singing decently. But I am still completely put off by her and, especially, her song choices which still seem way too old for her. It just creeps me out and then she talks. And sounds about 8 years old after singing about sexual longing and smoking cigarettes. And my concerns about the stage mother are confirmed. Yucky, yucky, yuck.

6. Ace - I really, really tried to put him ahead of Paris, but I just couldn't. He wasn't too bad last night and he did pick a very good song for himself, but he just doesn't have the talent. The "it" factor that Elliott is missing? Absolutely. But he just doesn't have the pipes.

7. Kellie - it was even worse than she thought it was. Awful. Horrible. Sounded like cats mating in an alley. She sucks. Enough already.

Goddess of the Steeler Nation

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

04-19-06, 05:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
53. "Almost the same"
I ranked 'em about the same, except that I'd swap Chris up to #1 and Katharine down to #2 and then Paris up to #4 and Taylor down to #5.

I don't like Paris any more than geggy does, but Taylor had a bad night -- he needed the ending just to wind up ahead of Ace, who really should be gone already (except that Kellie The Airhead still needs to go first).

Soylent Green: recycling America, one person at a time.

04-19-06, 08:54 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Rankings - Rod Stewart Night"
LAST EDITED ON 04-19-06 AT 09:16 AM (EST)

7. Kellie: This performance "bothered" me. And the fact that she's never been in the Bottom 3 "bewilders" me. I guess she "bewitchingly" captures the Texas vote.

*WHACK* She is NOT a Texan. And this Texas boy prefers Kat.

1. Chris - well, that oughta quiet the haters that say he can only sing alt-rock. Definitely his to lose now.

1A. Katharine - beautiful siging from a gorgeous gal. *Almost* a coin flip between her and Chris for the top, but he went against type for his song. She just did what she does best.

3. Taylor - started slow, ended great. Good song out of a long list of good songs for him this week.

4. Elliot - very nice. he does still lack the "it" factor though.

5. Ace - not too shabby. Don't think it'll save him, but at least he'll go out on a good note.

6. Paris - ya don't gotta yell everything, dear.

7. Kellie - ick. Yes, love, you butchered it. But NEVER EVER admit it out loud.

Sig by Arkie!!

04-19-06, 09:43 AM (EST)
25. "RE: Rankings - Rod Stewart Night"
I had to 1A and 1B Chris and Kat, too. And that very much could be code.

My original Syren

04-19-06, 11:12 AM (EST)
33. "RE: Rankings - Rod Stewart Night"
I'd like to "1A" Kat, that's for sure.

And the best thing is that DW swoons over Ace, so she can't object to my blatant Kat adoration.

Sig by Arkie!!

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings

04-19-06, 09:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Rankings - Rod Stewart Night"
My rankings from last night...

* - - THE STANDOUTS - - *

Katherine/Elliot - This week i have a tie for the top. I think these two shined the brightest tonight. I liked Elliot's interpretation of the song, and FINALLY he lost his nerves and seemed very comfortable. Also someone is finally styling his hair better. Katherine was absolutely perfect. The song was perfect, her performance was perfect. Stunning.

Chris - He proved the doubters wrong. I, for one, was not worried about him this week, and i was right. He does have a nice voice, and he is versatile. not that he should make a album of this music...but the boy can sing more than alterna-rock.

Taylor - I was a little worried, but he saved the Taylor-spin for the end, and it worked for me. I loved it.

* - - BIG DROP - - *

Paris - Something about her vocals bothered me. I don't agree wiht the judges that she shined. I simply did not like the tone and quality of her voice

Ace - Again, he's obviously behind the pack in terms of talent. It was one of his better nights, but with the other competitors, he's very outmatched at this point. The one thing i realized is that Ace has no ability to "shake things up" week to week. He does the same performance every week. He sings a bit, stares a bit, does a point, and at some point brings out the falsetto which i do not like. And i did NOT like the hair.

Kellie - one of her worst, but i still think Stevie Night was her absolute worst. She was off pitch, behind the music, and at one point i think she was ahead of the band. Very bad.

geekboy

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

04-19-06, 09:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Rankings - Rod Stewart Night"
Wow. Very good all the way around, great in spots.

Tier I Can't Decide Who Was Better Because They Were Both Great - Katherine and Paris

Tier Change of Pace - Chris

Tier Dude Dressed Up Nicely - Ace

Tier Forced Personality - Elliott

Tier Try To Stay With The Band - Kellie

Tier Get Off My TV Now - Taylor

04-19-06, 09:50 AM (EST)
26. "RE: Rankings - Rod Stewart Night"
Tier Now That You Can't Diss Bucky In Rankings Do You Want To Be My Crush Again (As Long As You Don't Start Dissing Him Elsewhere) - Dweeze

an arkie work of art

ElroyJetson 586 desperate attention whore postings

04-19-06, 10:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ElroyJetson Click to send private message to ElroyJetson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Rankings - Rod Stewart Night"
And the combination of his cheesy smile and Paula's "tell me about your scar" comments from a few weeks ago just kills him for me. I cannot stomach him.

Don't worry, I didn't cut my hair...<gag!> Get OVER yourself Ace!

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings

04-19-06, 10:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Rankings - Rod Stewart Night"
1. Paris - I thought it was awesome. I'm not a fan of her, but I was a fan of her performance. The quality of her voice is really tremendous.

2. Catharine - I was hoping she would do this song. It's a favorite! It wasn't as astonishing as people made it out to be, but it was really really good. loved it.

3. Chris - when I heard it, I thought - well, that will be hard to beat. And then, it wasn't. I really liked it , but the girls were better.

4. Elliot - a performance that would have been at the top any other week. really strong performance on a really strong night for virtually everyone. when I listen to Elliot sing, I get a little bit in loved with him, he's quite talented.

5. Taylor - I enjoyed him more than I usually do, but to be honest I can't stand him . I know everyone comments on how "real" he is, but I think it's so totally contrived. My nine-year old said "he looks like he has to poop" and it's an assessment I can't disagree with.

6. Ace - I loathe him more each week. he should have been gone a long time ago.

7. Kellie - she screwed the pooch.

America's bottom thre: Kellie, Ace, Paris/Elliot
going home: Ace, finally

theking0075 331 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-19-06, 11:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail theking0075 Click to send private message to theking0075 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Rankings - Rod Stewart Night"
1. Taylor - I was entertained from start to finish

2. Ace - give the brother his due, he was ON last night! Very good Performance.

3. Paris - I was a little bored, but I will recognize it was a solid performance.

4. Chris - Lowest ranking ever from me. I don't like that he changed his style. I like him rocking out each and every week. But I will recognize he did a good job with the song he picked.

5. Katherine - Just as boring as she is every week. The judges can gush over her all they want, but if she doesn't learn to do something other than just stand behind the microphone and sing some sappy, slow song, she'll be gone soon.

6. Elliot - I can't even stand to watch. I'm confused how anyone finds his performances entertaining.

7. Kellie - just plain awful. I didn't like the dress either. It made her hips look big.

"Evil" Dr. Will: Reality Show Legend!

Hoobie 569 desperate attention whore postings

04-19-06, 11:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Hoobie Click to send private message to Hoobie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Rankings - Rod Stewart Night"
I agree - most impressive night, and I love, love, love me some Rod!

1. Elliott - solid, solid performer. I adore him, and I hope my 51 votes last night will help to save him.

2. Taylor - started off OK, ended with a bang. That was hot.

3. Katharine - she's just a doll -- or is she?

4. Chris - surprisingly good rendition. A distant 3rd to Armstrong and Stewart though.

5. Kellie - I didn't think she "butchered" it. It was OK, with some awkward parts. She looked so dern purty though, I can't rank her last.

6. Paris - I was surprised at how good it sounded, but her outfit was atrocious. And, she had some serious mispronunciation of some words (e.g., apartment). Huh?

7. Crappy McCraperson - What was with his school marm hair do'? And that falsetto - ick. Randy, please stop encouraging him.

singer 1910 desperate attention whore postings

04-19-06, 12:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail singer Click to send private message to singer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "Kat McPhee..."
1. can take this entire competition. She really is an excellent musician. I didn't expect that I would like her so much, but I do.

2. Paris is surprising me, too. Musically, she is tops. Visually, she is beginning to look more pretty and more professional each week. She will definitely have a music career if she wants it.

3. Taylor is my favourite of all of them, but vocally, the girls beat him out last night. But he is the man when it comes to all-around performance savvy. I would LOVE it if he and Kat were able to share the title.

4. Elliot sounded great. He just needs to work on stage presence.

The rest of them did not impress me, esp. The Pickle and Ace. Chris sounded ok and probably should be ranked 5th, but other than that, I'm not really moved by him. If he tests the upper reaches of his range, he can master this kind of music. He has a beautiful instrument.

--Singer

udg 3381 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-19-06, 12:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: Rankings - Rod Stewart Night"
1) Chris - WOW! Best.Performance.Yet. That was incredible.

2) Paris - I'm embarrassed for putting her so high, but I really liked her performance last night. She sounded like someone else.

3) Taylor - It may have started a little rough, but I love him anyway.

4) Elliot - Great voice, but b-o-r-i-n-g.

5) Katherine - I didn't get the Kat-love this week. She seemed unsteady to me. I suspect the judges will be less impressed on second viewing.

6) Kellie - It wasn't as bas as she thought, but that doesn't make it good. I really hope that she goes. Really, really, really.

7) Ace - Worst of the night. The hair was awful, too, but the voice... Falsetto or not, it's not nice to listen to. If Kellie survives, Ace should go.

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings

04-19-06, 12:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: Rankings - Rod Stewart Night"
Taylor – That was just awesome. Man, I just love Taylor’s voice – even when he’s singing straight – it’s warm & smooth but with some texture…great. His “big” notes come out effortlessly – I hate watching singers pop veins & tendons out of their necks when the hit the big notes. The build up was perfect & the ending kicked butt. I’ve said that Taylor will always be my number 1, even on weeks when he’s only OK, but this week he truly is #1.

Elliott – Another great one. He was positively glowing during his performance. I also love that he was able to do a much-covered song without sounding like Sinatra or Harry Connick Jr. (I guess that’s redundant, as Connick sounds like Sinatra). Elliott sounded like Elliott, and I love it. The only bad thing was not Elliott’s fault – the back-up singing was cheesy.

LARGE GAP

Paris – She sang it well, but what’s even MORE clear with her jazz than with her pop: this is a put-on, an affectation. She definitely has skills & talent, but like Kevin Covais, Lisa Tucker, John Stevens…any number of very young contestants – she doesn’t have her own style yet, so everything she does looks like play-acting. It’s nothing that time won’t fix, but she’s not yet the genuine article.

Kat – Still sings well, still bores me. She ad-libbed too early – always sing the melody the first time through to show us you actually know the melody – honor the composer dammit! Also, a couple of minor pitch problems, and a bit heavy on the trills & runs at the end of (almost every) phrase. It was a hair too low for her, but not horribly so.

Ace – He actually did very well. Not that I’m surprised. This stuff is right up his alley. BUT, he’s still got the smallest voice in the competition, and he still has some bad boy-band habits – nasal & that dang falsetto. QUIT TELLING HIM HIS FALSETTO IS GREAT!! It’s not.

Chris – Well, he sounded like Ace. Uber-pop. Certainly ok, but didn’t impress me. It seems like he can't just sing a song -- that he has to apply some genre's "style" to everything. So far he's been mostly "Deep Alt-rock Dude," with the one instance of "Sincere Country Dude" and now "Puppy-dog Pop Guy." Why can't he do like Taylor, Elliott, Kat, Ace, and JUST SING THE SONG. Here's the melody, here are the lyrics...go! Be Chris.

GAP THE SIZE OF 3 GALAXIES

Kellie – Well I got my wish. Kellie really sucked this week. Where to begin?
Song choice/interpretation: she did a Carrie-bot this week…clearly didn’t know – or care – what the song was actually about. She was utterly blank.
I absolutely HATE the way she chews & swallows her vowels. I don’t care where you’re from, you can’t sing vowels like that. Ew.
She had major pitch problems, especially at the key change.
And HOLY CARP! TIMING! She ran away from the band. Much praise to the EXCELLENT band leader for catching up to her at least 3 times (only to have her run off again.)

Iconoclastic 151 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-19-06, 12:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Iconoclastic Click to send private message to Iconoclastic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: Rankings - Rod Stewart Night"
1) Chris - His detractors are going to need a new set of talking points now
2) Katherine - Did really well as she should with this theme
3) Taylor - Take a hint Taylor, the best part was when you were being Taylor
4) Elliot - His best to date, his growth continues
5) Paris - Let her mature another 5 to 10 years and she might be a fine wine but right now she's just grape juice
6) Ace - After several weeks delivers a performance that he doesnt deserve to go home for.....he's toast
7) Kellie - Look on the bright side, at least you delighted the Kellie haters

priestdi 378 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-19-06, 01:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail priestdi Click to send private message to priestdi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: Rankings - Rod Stewart Night"
1. Paris -- I'm pleased so many mainstream newspapers singled her out in today's recaps. Two actually said that was the best performance yet on five seasons of Idol, which amazed me. I love her, but I wouldn't take it that far.

2. Katharine -- I usually think Kat is overrated, but this was her best performance yet, imo.

3. Chris -- OK, I admit it, I missed the actual performance. But I saw the little recap, and read a lot about it.

4. Elliott -- he has a great voice, and he's a nice guy, but he just doesn't do anything for me. I hate to say it, but I agree with Simon on this one. except it's not his "personality," Simon, it's just a basic lack of charisma.

5. Taylor -- he was flat-out BORING until the end. Then he suddenly redeemed the entire thing.

6. Ace -- He was OK.

7. Kellie -- her vocals started off pretty good, but then she lost it. her pacing was bad too.

04-19-06, 01:12 PM (EST)
47. "RE: Rankings - Rod Stewart Night"
"1. Paris -- I'm pleased so many mainstream newspapers singled her out in today's recaps. Two actually said that was the best performance yet on five seasons of Idol, which amazed me. I love her, but I wouldn't take it that far."

I actually told my husband I'd rank this right up there with the best performances in all five seasons and he agreed (he likes her more than I do). I don't think it was singularly THE best but I did/do rank it way up there. I loved it. It reminded me why I said "who can be better than this girl?" during auditions.

an arkie work of art

selah 94 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-19-06, 06:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail selah Click to send private message to selah Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
58. "RE: Rankings - Rod Stewart Night"
LAST EDITED ON 04-19-06 AT 06:38 PM (EST)

1. Chris - love it when he tones it down.

2. Taylor - did a great job, but I didn't care for the end and wish he would have stayed true to the original.

3. Elliott - became a fan of Elliott last week and enjoyed him this week too.

4. Katherine - why the extreme close ups? didn't like them at all.. she did a good job of singing the song even though I was really disappointed in her rendition.. wish it would have been the way it was sung in "Mr. Holland's Opus" which was perfection.

5. Paris - has an amazing voice but she sings technically and not emotionally.

6. Ace - better than he has been but still nasally and I really hate the falsetto

7. Kellie - that was really, truly, terrible.. even my husband who is enthralled with Kellie was dismayed at her performance. Her attempt to twang it up backfired on her.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •