The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Interesting Commercial During 1PM EST Football..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

LoudmouthLee 294 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-25-01, 01:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LoudmouthLee Click to send private message to LoudmouthLee Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
"Interesting Commercial During 1PM EST Football..."
In regards to the special episode.

The direction it's taking is in regards to "Silas and Linds are gone. Are the GenXers doomed for failure?"

This is VERY interesting. Thoughts, everyone, if this is what it's about? Does this make the stock of Brandon and KimP go up? Or are they going to suffer a Jerri-atriac (giggle) defeat?

(Woooohooo... Special thanks to all of my OT buddies, especially the tag team combination of SamIAm and Boomer Thank you for the sig. Thank you, my OT buddies for making me smile 24/7 )

"What you call the disease, I call the remedy, and what you call the cause, I call the cure" -TMMB

"Moscow's in ashire, whats the problem? Should I throw my tammy in the ring and run for presidente?" - Trashcan Sinatras

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Interesting Commercial During 1... Krautboy 11-25-01 1
   RE: Interesting Commercial During 1... Rose Red 11-25-01 2
 RE: Interesting Commercial During 1... Bungler 11-25-01 3
   RE: Interesting Commercial During 1... managerr 11-27-01 4
       RE: Interesting Commercial During 1... coolbeans56 11-28-01 5
       RE: Interesting Commercial During 1... PepeLePew13 11-28-01 6
           RE: Interesting Commercial During 1... Rose Red 11-28-01 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-25-01, 01:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Interesting Commercial During 1PM EST Football..."
Thanks Loudmouth,

Sounds like MB is trying to increase viewership by pulling some of the Gen-xers from "Friends".

At the same time, it may also be misdirection, again steering people away from considering a Teresa boot...

Krautboy

Rose Red 419 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-25-01, 03:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rose%20Red Click to send private message to Rose%20Red Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Interesting Commercial During 1PM EST Football..."
Veddy interestink!...Yes, Krautboy, this is all directing us away from Teresa. Also, Brandon and especially Kim Pee have not had sufficient face-time for a boot. This is obviously going to fill in the blanks on them.

However, as I've always maintained it's the Boronic dynamics that remain shrouded in mystery. Especially Ethan and his alliances.The unanwered question- Who ARE his two best friends? Well, Lex is obviously one of them, and the feeling is mutual.But is the second one - Tom? Or Kelly?

Does anyone remember from S2 that never ONCE was Tina EVER focused on in an episode? We knew very, very little about her until maybe the Final Two episode when they HAD to give her face time. So we never saw a show that focused on the eventual winner, and we also never saw her alliance/relationship with Colby, which would have totally blown the surprise ending had we known it.

Anyone who has gone to TinaWesson.com knows that Tina is an extremely Christian woman. So was Rodger, hence their bond toward the end. That "trait" was never delineated on the air. Nor was Mike Skupin's christianity.

Silas was a Christian VJ. Ethan and Kelly are Jewish. We really don't know the backgrounds of these people, yet. Although the l/E/T alliance seems to be ruling the game. And has been for a long time.

Tom also is MUCH smarter than they are painting him, of course. Is he closer to Lex or to Ethan? To Lex. And farmers, even goat farmers, who have farms as big as he seems to, aren't necessarily poor people. In today's world anyone who can successfully run a large farm is considered a very good businessman indeed, and not just some hick.

Now who HAVEN'T we seen much of? Well, up until the last episode Teresa was there-but-not-there, and, of course, the Invisible Woman, Kim Pee. Of course, the more we see of her, the less there is to discuss...

Kelly has had beaucoup face-time on Survivor Insider for WEEKS and WEEKS. And while she puts her own case forward, she seems to be a fountain of misinformation. And she didn't back up her alliance with Clarence and instead VOTED HIM OFF!!!

Lex could stir up a witch hunt against Teresa, but Big Tom LIKES her. A LOT and so does Ethan. And Tom's going to lobby with Lex to get rid of some else, probably Brandon, whereas Ethan is going to want to get rid of physical threat Frank.
So all three of The Testosterone Trio are gonna have different POVS on the next episode. Who trumps the other two is gonna tell us who really IS the boss of this team.
And the Some-Boo-Boos are all gonna vote in a block against Lex.

Also, should Lex go in a tie breaker before Mamakim and Kelly, their alliance will become VERY important. Everyone seems to think that Ethan and Kelly have a secret alliance. Are they the final two? Is that what MB is trying to hide? What evidence have we seen of an Ethan-Kelly duo-to-the-end? Anyone?

Bungler 497 desperate attention whore postings

11-25-01, 07:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bungler Click to send private message to Bungler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Interesting Commercial During 1PM EST Football..."
Hiya Lee...

Check the Episode 8 Vidcaps topic. I posted a few screencaps (of the newer shots) and the full text of the recap preview in there.

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

11-27-01, 10:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Interesting Commercial During 1PM EST Football..."
Maybe--just maybe the tale of the story is that Samburu now comes together and somehow wins the game. There are 2 members remaining from both factions--a divided tribe that failed, but when they come together they win the game. That would be a story that MB would love to show--with a moral and anything.

Consider that in Both S1 and S2--the divisive tribe won both times. Perhaps their sneaky nature allowed them to better prepare for the tactics it would take in the merge--who knows? What is in the back of my mind is that no one from Boran (aside from Clarence who is now gone) has a significant amount of facetime from the beginning. It seemed that the whole pre-merge seemed to be the Samburu story. Ogakor dominated the pre-merge facetime too.

Tina never really got an entire episode all to herself--but she was the focal point of many sub plots. All her backstabbing, teaming up with Keith to convince Colby to swich against Jerri and Amber, rescuing the rice etc.

coolbeans56 33 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-28-01, 00:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail coolbeans56 Click to send private message to coolbeans56 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Interesting Commercial During 1PM EST Football..."
Predicting next episode boot will be difficult, but I will toss my two cents in for what they are worth.

Lex will witch Hunt, when he finds out that it is Teresa, it will take some wind out of his sails. Tom is hell bent on Brandon to be voted out... this actually bothers me because there is no basis other than the obvious edited bigotry (who knows how he really feels) to vote him off yet. Ethan is nebulous, VERY nebulous.

What I can see is Kelly deriving much pleasure from Lex's Paranoia, and in a shocking 4-4-1 vote she votes lex, which will shoot his paranoia thru the roof. Then she can line up like a good Boran girl and vote a Samburo off in the re-vote. That way, she gets another leg up on Lex, AND Votes a Samburo. She also send a message to the remaining Samburo's that there is a possible defection.

The following week, LEX can be targeted and every Samburo will have One vote or less and the LET is gone. Then. Ethan will side with Kelly and mama Kim out of nessisity, and tag Tom along. Tom is a sheep (nopun towards his goat heritage) Kelly can play both sides of the game. If needed she will dump Ethan for Brandon or lil'kim... I suspect Brandon because he is not as physical as lil'kim. so a potential Final four, Barring Immunity runs... is

Kelly, Mama Kim, Brandon, and Ethan (possibly Tom)

Tom would be an easier choice because he has prior votes and since it could be a tie, he would be a goner for sure.

But that is Fantasy Survivor for Coolbeans. If I were in Kelly's Shoes, I would throw a Vote on Lex, just like Tom voted Clarence twice, "Just as a reminder of the mistake he made" and the following TC get a majority to get lex off.

my two cents, tell me what you think.

Coolbeans56

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-28-01, 01:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Interesting Commercial During 1PM EST Football..."
LAST EDITED ON 11-28-01 AT 01:50 AM (EST)

>Maybe--just maybe the tale of the story is that Samburu
>now comes together and somehow wins the game. There are 2
>members remaining from both factions--a divided tribe that
>failed, but when they come together they win the game.
>That would be a story that MB would love to show-- with
>a moral and anything.

True. I just don't see it yet... but the next episode (or the one after) should really tell the whole story of how the final few weeks will go -- I wonder if MB put the recap episode here for this purpose because he knows the game is going to change right here?

>What is in the back of my mind is that no one from
>Boran (aside from Clarence who is now gone) has a
>significant amount of facetime from the beginning.

I would submit that Kelly has received a rather large amount of face-time since about the 3rd episode, although you could argue that her commentary didn't get more significance until AFTER she, along with Lex and Tom, went to Samburu. She's received far more face time on the Insider, but also on TV as the unofficial co-spokesperson along with Clarence.

>It seemed that the whole pre-merge seemed to be
>the Samburu story. Ogakor dominated the pre-merge
>facetime too.

That's true... this was in the back of my mind all along, and that's why I'm keeping my mind open to the possibility of a huge backstab by a Boran to switch over to the remaining Samburus.

On the other hand... what if MB is hoping we all (the average viewer and the jaded spoiler) think back to the first two Survivors and say "hey, the fighting tribe came back to win both times" and we expect the same to happen again here? We get fooled again. Ok... this is a reach, but that's what MB does, screw people's minds up.

>Tina never really got an entire episode all to herself--but
>she was the focal point of many sub plots. All her
>backstabbing, teaming up with Keith to convince Colby
>to swich against Jerri and Amber, rescuing the rice etc.

Who might fit that kind of profile to date in this game? I would submit that Kelly and perhaps Frank and Ethan would fit this profile so far.

"Damn you, Carl, for leaving me here with a bunch of misfits."
Frank Garrison, Nov. 1/01

Rose Red 419 desperate attention whore postings

11-28-01, 02:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rose%20Red Click to send private message to Rose%20Red Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Interesting Commercial During 1PM EST Football..."
Peppy, it's definately the easygoing Ethan. Who now seems to have alliances not just with Lex and Tom, but Mamakim and Kelly, AND Frank and Teresa AND BRANDON AND KIM PEE! He's just an all around alliance-kinda-guy. He's bonded with EVERYbody. And they all like him. He can't lose. He's just got to keep winning the immunity, like Colby did, or they'll vote him off as too strong. But first I think we're gonna see the women and Brandon go after Tom and Lex.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •