The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Shall We Start the Iran Invasion Pool Yet?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-09-05, 02:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Shall We Start the Iran Invasion Pool Yet?"
CNN tells me "Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said today that Iran must live up to its international obligations to halt its nuclear program or the next steps are in the offing. 'And I think everybody understands what the 'next steps' mean,' Rice told reporters after a meeting with NATO foreign ministers and European Union officials."

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Shall We Start the Iran Invasio... Estee 02-09-05 1
 Not happening AyaK 02-09-05 2
   RE: Not happening ginger 02-09-05 4
       No invasion AyaK 02-09-05 10
           RE: No invasion ginger 02-09-05 12
   RE: Not happening badger 02-09-05 14
       RE: Not happening nailbone 02-09-05 16
 RE: Shall We Start the Iran Invasio... geg6 02-09-05 3
   RE: Shall We Start the Iran Invasio... ginger 02-09-05 5
 RE: Shall We Start the Iran Invasio... seahorse 02-09-05 6
   RE: Shall We Start the Iran Invasio... geg6 02-09-05 7
       RE: Shall We Start the Iran Invasio... ginger 02-09-05 8
           RE: Shall We Start the Iran Invasio... nailbone 02-09-05 15
               RE: Shall We Start the Iran Invasio... desert_rhino 02-09-05 17
 April 1st? newsomewayne 02-09-05 9
 RE: Shall We Start the Iran Invasio... greenmonstah 02-09-05 11
   RE: Shall We Start the Iran Invasio... ginger 02-09-05 13
       RE: Shall We Start the Iran Invasio... J Slice 02-09-05 18
           RE: Shall We Start the Iran Invasio... ginger 02-09-05 19
               RE: Shall We Start the Iran Invasio... J Slice 02-09-05 20
 Does a missile strike count? Or a ... mavsfan 02-09-05 21
 RE: Shall We Start the Iran Invasio... I_AM_HE 02-09-05 22
   RE: Shall We Start the Iran Invasio... TeamJoisey 02-10-05 23
 RE: Shall We Start the Iran Invasio... TechNoir 02-10-05 24
 RE: Shall We Start the Iran Invasio... KeithFan 02-10-05 25
 RE: Shall We Start the Iran Invasio... frisky 02-10-05 26

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

02-09-05, 02:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Shall We Start the Iran Invasion Pool Yet?"
I've got March 17th! What do I get if I call the first 'All we want to do is introduce true freedom to the peace-loving Iranian people' speech?

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

02-09-05, 02:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Not happening"
Bookmark this thread if you like.

The U.S. will NOT invade Iran over nuclear proliferation. Period.

FWIW, the diplomatic issue here is that the Arab countries would like the A-bomb because Israel has it. The U.S. has blocked them from going forward. The Arab countries want to see that we're as tough on Iran as we are on them.

NEVER make the mistake of thinking of Muslim countries as monolithic; the gap between Iran and the Arabs is similar to the Protestants and Catholics in Northern Ireland. You may note, BTW, that Pakistan hasn't shared the A-bomb with its Muslim brethren.

02-09-05, 02:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Not happening"
Okay, what will be our rationale for invading Iran? Will we take another shot at the WMD thing, or do will we just be "military advisors" to advise them on how to run efficient elections with clear results?

You can bookmark this whole thresd. Happy to buy Ayak a beer if I'm wrong. VERY happy to.

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

02-09-05, 03:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "No invasion"
I can only see one scenario where the US would invade Iran: for interference in the internal affairs of Iraq. But that would probably cause the Iraqi Shi'a to turn on us, unless we could prove that the Iranians had direct involvement in the killing of a top Iraqi ayatollah. I can't imagine the Iranians doing that, though.

I CAN see the US continuing to bluster about nuclear proliferation. But the better "weapon" against Iran would be a free, Shi'a-run Iraq. In a free election in Iran, the mullahs would be ousted ... and there are enough religious but anti-mullah forces in Iran to make that happen, as long as the US doesn't do anything to unify the Iranians against us.

Therefore, the US will not invade Iran.

02-09-05, 03:35 PM (EST)
12. "RE: No invasion"
Your Mouth --> God's Ear.

badger 1273 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-09-05, 03:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail badger Click to send private message to badger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Not happening"
You may note, BTW, that Pakistan hasn't shared the A-bomb with its Muslim brethren.

i thought it *was* a Pakstani scientist who sold nuclear secrets to various countries, including Libya and North Korea.

but anyway...

i'll go with March 2006 for an invasion neatly timed with the next presidential campaign

on her own tangent since 1971

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

02-09-05, 03:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Not happening"
A scientist selling secrets is not the same thing as a country's government sharing them.

Handcrafted by Rolly - ain't it cool!!

Keep lookin' up, cuz that's where it all is. o-

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

02-09-05, 02:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Shall We Start the Iran Invasion Pool Yet?"
I'll take April 9. Don't know why. Just a hunch.

02-09-05, 02:47 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Shall We Start the Iran Invasion Pool Yet?"
I'll take April 3. 8 lbs, 4 carbombings.

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

02-09-05, 02:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Shall We Start the Iran Invasion Pool Yet?"
What she says as a threat and our invading Iran are two different things. It would be political suicide.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

02-09-05, 02:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Shall We Start the Iran Invasion Pool Yet?"
Lame ducks have done stupider things.

02-09-05, 02:53 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Shall We Start the Iran Invasion Pool Yet?"
Are you calling W lame? Or stupid?

Because that would so OUTRAGE me!

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

02-09-05, 03:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Shall We Start the Iran Invasion Pool Yet?"
Or.....a duck.

Handcrafted by Rolly - ain't it cool!!

Keep lookin' up, cuz that's where it all is. o-

desert_rhino 10087 desperate attention whore postings

02-09-05, 04:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail desert_rhino Click to send private message to desert_rhino Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Shall We Start the Iran Invasion Pool Yet?"
If it LOOKS like a duck...

I'll take 18 months from today. Call it August 9, 2006.

newsomewayne 9353 desperate attention whore postings

02-09-05, 02:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "April 1st?"
LAST EDITED ON 02-09-05 AT 03:15 PM (EST)

________________ <-----Insert April Fools joke here.

My reality check bounced.

greenmonstah 10761 desperate attention whore postings

02-09-05, 03:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail greenmonstah Click to send private message to greenmonstah Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Shall We Start the Iran Invasion Pool Yet?"
Well duh! Obviously we are just working our way backwards through the alphabet. I can respect that.

Ahoy? McFly?

02-09-05, 03:37 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Shall We Start the Iran Invasion Pool Yet?"
And we wisely skipped Ireland and Israel! But Iceland, India and Indonesia better mind their Ps and Qs.

Of course, Indonesia's a little damp this time of year.

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings

02-09-05, 05:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Shall We Start the Iran Invasion Pool Yet?"
War on Iceland would only be ok if everyone was in full Viking regalia, fighting with clubs and flaming throwing axes.

02-09-05, 05:23 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Shall We Start the Iran Invasion Pool Yet?"
If we make it fun like that, we might not even have to instigate a draft!

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings

02-09-05, 05:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Shall We Start the Iran Invasion Pool Yet?"
Hell, if there's room for me in Valhalla, I'd gladly be a huskarl.

I mean, that's just coooool.

mavsfan 693 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-09-05, 09:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mavsfan Click to send private message to mavsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "Does a missile strike count? Or a US encouraged overthrow?"
How are we defining "Invasion". It's kind of ambiguous.

There are reports that we already have Special Ops guys snooping around.

I think Bush's inaguration speech was an overt attempt to encourage a revolution in Iran.

If the Revolution thing doesn't pan out, we will probably give Isreal the go ahead to bomb in like they did the Iraqi's in - what was it? The early 80's?

I don't think the administration will let Iran get the bomb - but their plates pretty full right now.

I just hope the don't pull a Pakistan and get a nuke ALOT QUICKER than we think they can.

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

02-09-05, 09:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Shall We Start the Iran Invasion Pool Yet?"
Nah, Syria is first.

But as AyaK said, we won't be invading Iran, period. The example of Iraq will be monumental, and there is already a sizable dissenter class among the Iranians.

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-10-05, 02:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Shall We Start the Iran Invasion Pool Yet?"
You forgot Poland.

Oh wait.. wrong thread.

TechNoir 9741 desperate attention whore postings

02-10-05, 05:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TechNoir Click to send private message to TechNoir Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Shall We Start the Iran Invasion Pool Yet?"
November 17, 2005

After most of a Congressional season passes and Mr. Bush fails to get most of his favorite hairbrained schemes through the Congress, he will start another invasion, take this (new) opportunity to start his jingoistic flag-waving all over again, and then (when his next budget arrives next January) claim that The Congress has to swallow what he is selling hook, line, and sinker because we are at war. The invasion will be Iran, not Syria as He suggested, because they perceive it easier to demonize Iran as a bunch of folks Not Like Us.

Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness.

KeithFan 7422 desperate attention whore postings

02-10-05, 09:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Shall We Start the Iran Invasion Pool Yet?"
Ain't happenin', given the current state of affairs in the Middle East. That doesn't mean Israel won't strike.

Some Iranians seem to think we are coming though;
http://reuters.myway.com/article/20050210/2005-02-10T122312Z_01_HUG041646_RTRIDST_0_NEWS-IRAN-DC.html

"The whole Iranian nation is united against any threat or attack. If the invaders reach Iran, the country will turn into a burning hell for them," he added, as the crowd, braving heavy snow blizzards, chanted "Death to America!."

Isn't saying heavy snow blizzards a bit like saying extremely watery tital wave? But anyway...

Diplomats said that while the chances of a U.S. or Israeli attack were slim, Iran appeared to be on a collision course with the U.N. Security Council, which could impose sanctions.

"It's hard to see how they can avoid going to the Council, unless they substantially change their position," said a Western diplomat in Tehran.
Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said Wednesday Tehran must accept a deal being offered by the European Union -- to scrap potentially weapons-related work like enrichment in return for trade deals and other incentives -- or be referred to the Security Council.

Looks to me like before anything would happen they are setting up for sanctions against Iran. I think it would be the olive branch for the US to make peace with Europe- but only if Europe is willing to enforce the sanctions and not have another fiasco like the Oil for Food program coming out of the UN.

That being said, it would require a much more stable Iraq, a protracted sanction period, a failed Israeli strike, and a much clearer immediate threat to the US (the CIA better have better info) for any possible action to occur.

Now, if I were a gambling man and had to put a date down (if the invasion were a forgone conclusion) I'd put down May 17, 2009.

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

02-10-05, 09:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Shall We Start the Iran Invasion Pool Yet?"
Isn't March a sweeps month? I'll go with sometime in March.

Incessant whining.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •