The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Relationships After Episode 7"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Seyz 198 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-23-01, 00:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Seyz Click to send private message to Seyz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Relationships After Episode 7"
Some unexpected things happened this episode. I didn't think that the Borans would be so quick to kick off one of their own.
It could have implications down the line...There are some interesting relationships going on ... esp.. after the preview.. it's hard to say whether people will continue to vote according to tribal lines. I have to applaud Clarence though. He's the first survivor to make a switch in tribal voting when it matters!! And it would've worked too, if Clarence and Theresa had contacted the Ex-Samburus to vote off Lex. Apparently, communication was off b/w the Samburus this episode.. however.. from the previews.. it's obvious that the Samburus finally get their act together. (FINALLY!)

Theresa-
lol.. when Theresa won immunity.. all I could think of was.. uh-oh.. all the predictions on the board were wrong.. I guess we all assumed that there would be no merge or that Theresa would not win individual immunity. Anywayz, Theresa is mega-impressive!! She (unlike Jeff) won one of the most important ICs. Relationship-wise, Theresa sticks back with Brandon and Kim
(as shown in the preview). She's one smart cookie, because she finally realizes that the Borans are sticking together.. This also means that an alliance with MamaKIm is relatively unlikely.
I think Theresa,Kim and Brandon are now going to stick together 'til the end. I think they're closer than we originally thought. If Theresa can get MamaKim into their alliance.. (I think there IS a chance), then the Ex-Samburus may actually pull an upset. Also.. I don't think Theresa will like Lex very much, after next weeks episode when he tries to scope out who voted for him. She'll probably target Lex during TC. Also.. we never thought Theresa was a leader.. but she is.. she seems to be the one that reunites the Ex-Samburus. I think she's even smarter, stronger and likeable than MamaKim.

Brandon and Kim-
Brandon and Kim.. may be saved!!! I think they'll still stick together 'til the end.. (They were still sitting next to each other in the preview). From the preview.. it's 100% positive that they'll reunite with Frank and Theresa. They obviously need a sway vote to kick off Lex.. If Theresa can't get MamaKim, then Brandon and Kim MAY have a chance with Kelly. Kelly seems to HATE Lex. Also Tom seems to be really anti-Brandon.. may be a problem for Brandon later.

Kelly-
Where do Kelly's loyalties lie?? She's still the major swing vote person. Will her hatred for Lex be enough to switch over to the Samburus to FINALLY break up the LETM alliance. Also with Clarence gone, Kelly has GOT to know that she needs to get in an alliance fast.. I just hope by now that she realizes that she isn't as close to Lex and Tom as she thinks.

Tom and Lex-
Tom and Lex seem to have the closer alliance in the Borans. Ethan seems like a third wheel, and Kelly is probably not in the alliance (even though she might think she is.) However, LEx seems to be the new "bad guy". He has votes against him.. and Theresa will probably want to target him.

Frank-
He'll stick with Theresa.. he seems like a man of his word. I can't see him betraying Theresa and running to the Borans. The Ex-Samburus will finally stick together. Theresa will be the bridge that gaps the older and younger generation.

Ethan and MamaKim-
Oohh.. I think MamaKim has just lost all leverage, since Frank and Theresa appear to NOT be on her side at all!! In fact, since THeresa voted for Lex this week.. it seems like MamaKim doesn't have much of an option besides sticking with the LET alliance.. or she could defect.. but will Theresa be able to convince her to? And it seems like Tom and Lex are close, while Ethan is the outside..

Overall:
The Ex-Samburus can pull it off if they pull one person from the Borans over; Kelly (GenXers convince), Tom (Theresa convince), or MamaKim (Theresa and Frank convince).
The most likely choice of course is Kelly.. since she already hates Lex.. and she gets along with Brandon and Kim.

Seyz

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Relationships After Episode 7 Rose Red 11-23-01 1
 RE: Relationships After Episode 7 King William 11-23-01 2
   RE: Relationships After Episode 7 SurvivorBlows 11-23-01 5
       RE: Relationships After Episode 7 MandyM 11-23-01 6
           RE: Relationships After Episode 7 SurvivorBlows 11-23-01 7
               RE: Relationships After Episode 7 MandyM 11-23-01 8
       RE: Relationships After Episode 7 King William 11-23-01 14
 RE: Relationships After Episode 7 PepeLePew13 11-23-01 3
 RE: Relationships After Episode 7 Ogachu 11-23-01 4
   RE: Relationships After Episode 7 Loree 11-23-01 9
       RE: Relationships After Episode 7 Afreaqua 11-24-01 22
   Agree with your disagree munson 11-23-01 10
       RE: Agree with your disagree Ogachu 11-23-01 12
 RE: Relationships After Episode 7 zzz 11-23-01 11
   RE: Relationships After Episode 7 drich61 11-23-01 13
   RE: Relationships After Episode 7 munson 11-23-01 15
       RE: Relationships After Episode 7 zzz 11-24-01 20
           RE: Relationships After Episode 7 munson 11-24-01 24
   RE: Relationships After Episode 7 red 11-23-01 16
       RE: Relationships After Episode 7 vulcan 11-23-01 17
       RE: Relationships After Episode 7 zzz 11-24-01 21
 RE: Relationships After Episode 7 msurvivor 11-24-01 18
   RE: Relationships After Episode 7 PepeLePew13 11-24-01 19
   RE: Relationships After Episode 7 zzz 11-24-01 23

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Rose Red 419 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-23-01, 01:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rose%20Red Click to send private message to Rose%20Red Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Relationships After Episode 7"
You got it, Seyz. Terrific analysis, all very possible speculation.

King William 38 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-23-01, 03:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail King%20William Click to send private message to King%20William Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Relationships After Episode 7"
First of all the CB vote was no surprise, all the people who liked him also said "to big of a threat." Game over.

>Theresa-
>lol.. when Theresa won immunity.. all I could think of was..
>uh-oh.. all the predictions on the board were wrong.. I
>guess we all assumed that there would be no merge
>or that Theresa would not win individual immunity. Anywayz, >Theresa is mega-impressive!!

Agreed.

>She's one smart cookie, because she
>finally realizes that the Borans
>are sticking together..

Disagree. If she had a brain cell in that pretty, little, mile high club, ass of hers she wouldn't have screwed tonight up.

They had CB. She could have brought Brandi and Lil kim and Frank together. Next week: Too little too late. Bye bye T, better go on an immunity run now, cause your butt is gone.

>Brandon and Kim-

Samboohoo came together just in time to get cooked.

>Kelly-
>Where do Kelly's loyalties lie?? She's
>still the major swing vote person. Will her hatred for
>Lex be enough to switch over to the Samburus to
>FINALLY break up the LETM alliance. Also with Clarence gone,
>Kelly has GOT to know that she needs to get
>in an alliance fast.. I just hope by now that
>she realizes that she isn't as close to Lex and
>Tom as she thinks.

Kelly's loyalty is only to herself. She is the single most likely person to betray anyone on the show. But why do it now?
She is an outsider for samburus and it would lose her every jury vote on her own tribe. She's banking on Lex pissing off Ethan and MK enough to get rid of him. And that gets her to the final 4.

>Tom and Lex-
>Tom and Lex seem to have the closer alliance in the
>Borans. Ethan seems like a third wheel, and Kelly is
>probably not in the alliance (even though she might think
>she is.) However, LEx seems to be the new "bad
>guy". He has votes against him.. and Theresa will probably
>want to target him.

Yeah, Lex is the new "Keith". Cocky. Just cocky enough to get him to the finals as a bad guy. $100,000 aint so bad, and he could even win. Tom and Lex are in trouble in the Boran alliance because they've both got votes.

>Frank-

See Brandi and Lil Kim.

>Ethan

Swing vote in the Boran 5. Will he bank on winning the last immunity against Lex or on winning the votes? It's yours to lose soccer boy.

> MamaKim-

Hold on! Ethan could still give you a mil!

>Overall:
>The Ex-Samburus can pull it off if they pull one person
>from the Borans over;

No way. Boran is more likely to stick together now than ever. The only question is whether Lex, Tom, or Kelly is a bigger target at the 5 person stage.

B5 alliance won tonight. Period. Next week, Teresa: Too much face time tonight and she's emerged as an IC and a leadership threat. Alternate is T wins IC, Frank (too strong).

But then again I haven't gotten a vote right since Diane.

King William

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-23-01, 01:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Relationships After Episode 7"

>
>>She's one smart cookie, because she
>>finally realizes that the Borans are sticking together..
>
>Disagree. If she had a brain cell in that pretty,
>little, mile high club, ass of hers she wouldn't have
>screwed tonight up.
>
>They had CB. She could have brought Brandi and Lil
>kim and Frank together. Next week: Too little too
>late. Bye bye T, better go on an immunity
>run now, cause your butt is gone.

Actually, this is wrong.

Even if she'd gotten Clarence, Brandi, LittleKim, Frank, Clarence, and herself to all target the same person, they'd still have lost -- everyone else was targeting Clarence and Clarence had the most previous votes of anyone left in the game and therefore would lose on any 5-5 deadlocked vote.

There was no feasible way to save Clarence, his previous votes did him in.

MandyM 2112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

11-23-01, 01:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MandyM Click to send private message to MandyM Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Relationships After Episode 7"
Actually, Clarence could have been saved if he and Theresa had done some major strategizing during immunity. She could have allowed Clarence to win and the 5 of them could have voted for Tom who has 3 prior votes. Then it would have been a whole new ball game!

MM "Bed is like the womb, only drier and with better TV reception." - Linda Richman.

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

11-23-01, 01:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Relationships After Episode 7"
That's true, but I think that's asking wayyy to much.

1) the immunity challenge was a total surprise, they didn't even know they were a merged tribe until it happened, it looks like merged tribe strategy was the furthest thing from anyone in new Boran's mind (although the former Boran in Samburu were talking about it.)

2) until his back was to the wall, Clarence had still supported his tribe, for better or worse. Therefore I don't think Teresa could responsibly have been expected to have trusted anything that he promised, look back at the whole Silas/Clarence alliance thing -- then Clarence proceeded to dump on Silas just like everyone else.

3) during the IC, the rest of the tribe was sitting 15 feet away, it seemed next to impossible to strategize with eveyone else so close. I think the only reason Clarence honored the rock/paper/scissors result was because it was caught out in the open -- to have refused to honor it would have made him look even WORSE to the tribe.

-SB

MandyM 2112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

11-23-01, 01:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MandyM Click to send private message to MandyM Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Relationships After Episode 7"
I know, and you are right.....I was just bummed to see Clarence go last night, so I was dreaming up scenarios in which that could have been prevented!

MM "Bed is like the womb, only drier and with better TV reception." - Linda Richman.

King William 38 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-23-01, 05:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail King%20William Click to send private message to King%20William Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Relationships After Episode 7"
Whoops! Man do I feel dumb. I can't believe I forgot to factor in CB's votes. Too much turkey and vino I guess.

King William

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

11-23-01, 08:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Relationships After Episode 7"
>Kelly seems to HATE Lex. Also Tom
>seems to be really anti-Brandon..
>may be a problem for Brandon later.
>
>Kelly-
>Where do Kelly's loyalties lie?? She's still the major swing
>vote person. Will her hatred for Lex be enough to switch
>over to the Samburus to FINALLY break up the LETM
>alliance. Also with Clarence gone, Kelly has GOT to know
>that she needs to get in an alliance fast.. I
>just hope by now that she realizes that she isn't
>as close to Lex and Tom as she thinks.

I really don't know... I'm sure Kelly merely isn't crazy about Lex but I think "HATE Lex" is too strong of a label. She's smart enough to distinguish between "not liking" someone and allying with him to further herself in the game. She may very well try to ally herself up with Brandon and Kim P, but she will need more than that to stay in the game.

She also thinks that Frank is a psycho from what she's heard, so will she give Frank a chance? If she doesn't let herself get close enough to really see what Frank is like, then we might not see her ally herself with the former Samburus at all -- will stick with LETmK instead to keep the majority.

I'm also wondering about Tom's feelings for Brandon. Is he going to let it cloud his thinking for the best strategy for the game? Is he going to hit on Lex to try to get Brandon voted out in the next episode?

The recap show may tell us a LOT more, plus any new previews that come up in the next week or so. Hmmmmmm.

"Damn you, Carl, for leaving me here with a bunch of misfits."
Frank Garrison, Nov. 1/01

Ogachu 58 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-23-01, 12:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ogachu Click to send private message to Ogachu Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Relationships After Episode 7"
>Tom and Lex-
>Tom and Lex seem to have
>the closer alliance in the
>Borans. Ethan seems like a
>third wheel, and Kelly is
>probably not in the alliance
>(even though she might think
>she is.) However, LEx seems
>to be the new "bad
>guy". He has votes against
>him.. and Theresa will probably
>want to target him.

I disagree. Did you notice how Big Tom kept going up to Ethan and Lex and asking them who to vote for, etc. He didn't have a clue and was following orders. I think Lex and Ethan have a stronger bond and they are just bringing Big Tom along for the ride (which he is glad to do).

"Your big country ass is climbing a palm tree in the middle of Africa, you realize that, don’t you?" -- Clarence / S3

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

11-23-01, 01:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Relationships After Episode 7"
I agree that Tom seems to be on the outside. Lex likes to think he is running the tribe at this time. Ethan is happy to have Lex back and follow him and Tom loves to be a part of the guys club. But Lex is power hungry and could bring the whole alliance down. Quite a few of the members were not happy to be told how to vote. MamaKim didn't like Lex telling her what to do. And Lex could be the first one voted out of his Boran alliance. Kelly is not voting with her heart. She said she likes Clarence and she doesn't like Lex. But she thought the smart move was to play along with the gang this week. Everyone else seemed to agree. Teresa might have even voted for Clarence if she hadn't made a promise to him. Clarence was a threat. So they all breathe a little easier not having him to compete against.

The interesting thing now is whether Lex will find out who voted against him? Will Teresa admit it to anyone? How can Lex ever be sure? And meanwhile Tom is getting irrational about wanting Brandon out. Brandon is not much of a threat at this time. So Tom really wants to vote his heart and not his brain. That could cause problems when people don't agree with Lex's decision on who needs to go next. Will everyone be willing to vote who Lex targets if Lex is only targeting that person for his own personal gain and not the groups?

Afreaqua 181 desperate attention whore postings

11-24-01, 12:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Afreaqua Click to send private message to Afreaqua Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Relationships After Episode 7"
What's really interesting are the few relationships between those that don't know each other at all. e.g. Theresa and Lex/Tom

Frank and Kelly/Lex/Tom

If Lex was any kind of person he would eventually come to undertand that Theresa made a promise to Clarence which she kept. She didn't know Lex so voting for him probably wasn't much of a problem for her....he was another strong guy, a leader and a threat in challenges, that's all. It was kind of brave of her to vote differently from everyone else. In some ways it makes her MORE trustworthy...it prooves she keeps her word even if it isn't in her own self interest. Most of the others would totally understand that. If Lex can't keep his emotions to himself about that vote against him and "pulls a Lindsey" he might end up hurting himself WAY more than one measley vote.

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-23-01, 04:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Agree with your disagree"
Ogachu, I agree that Tom asking both Lex and Ethan seperately who they were gonna "hatchet" (and the fact that MB showed us this) is telling. More telling were the looks Ethan and Lex gave Tom in response to the question. Maybe I'm reading too much into it. Maybe they just couldn't understand what the hell he was saying.

Early in the episode, Tom, Lex and Kelly discussed their lock on the final four. Question is, who was the implied fourth member? If it is indeed Ethan, where does that leave MamaKim? My best guess is that both Kelly and Lex are playing all sides of multiple alliances.

Many posts mention a MamaKim/Ethan alliance but I don't remember any explicit strategy discussion from Kim. The closest she came was the conversation with Kelly after both were eliminated from the IC and Kelly tagged Frank as Pres of the He-Man Women Haters Club.

Can the reunited by necessity Samburu be a threat to the Boran5? Sure, but any scenario that has a Boran jumping to the new Sam4 is a longshot, IMO. At this point, I believe that Lex, Ethan, Tom, Kelly and Kim each feels they have a good shot at the F2, possibly thru multiple sub-alliances. That said, I'm hoping that Kelly takes a stab at ousting Lex next week. Unfortunately, Kelly is too smart and strategic to not realize that Lex would make an outstanding F2 partner.

Ogachu 58 desperate attention whore postings

11-23-01, 04:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ogachu Click to send private message to Ogachu Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Agree with your disagree"
>>Many posts mention a MamaKim/Ethan alliance
>but I don't remember any
>explicit strategy discussion from Kim.
> The closest she came
>was the conversation with Kelly
>after both were eliminated from
>the IC and Kelly tagged
>Frank as Pres of the
>He-Man Women Haters Club.
>

I thought that was an odd conversation between the two of them. Kelly specifically said that from she had been told,Frank was a Woman hater and they definitely did not want him on the jury. That's a pretty bold statement to make unless she's either fairly confident or fairly disillusioned that she and MamaK will make it to the Final 2. They can't do it alone, so who are their partners in crime...Tom?/Lex?/Ethan?.

"Your big country ass is climbing a palm tree in the middle of Africa, you realize that, don’t you?" -- Clarence / S3

zzz 703 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-23-01, 04:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Relationships After Episode 7"
The most important relationships have got to be Kelly's and KimJ's relationships to their old Boran tribe. If those relationships holds, then old Samburu will be picked off 1 by 1. I think we will know the answer to this by the end of E8 at TC (counting recap as E7.5).

In order to try to decide whether Kelly and/or KimJ will switch to align with the old Samburu people, I think end-game strategy comes in. Brandon and KimP are obviously tightly aligned and Frank and Teresa are obviously tightly aligned. I guess that joining that group may be a ride to at least the final three. For example, if Kelly joins the other 4 to vote out Lex, Ethan, Tom and KimJ, she could decide at the final 5 which pair to align with and that would probably get her to the final 3. The same analysis holds for KimJ. The problem is getting into the finals. Assuming the pairs are really loyal, you must win the final immunity to get into the finals.

Whether that risk is better than staying with old Boran depends on what Kelly and KimJ think their suballiance position in old Boran happens to be. As far as Kelly goes, we have reason to believe that she may think she has a final 2 sub-alliance going with Ethan and/or KimJ and maybe even Lex. She has to be realist enough, however, to know that if she has multiple deals going, other poeple probably do as well. Without knowing her end-game strategy, it is hard to tell. But Kelly has had the opportunity to switch before and declined to do it. That makes me think she will stick with her tribe.

KimJ is a real mystery. As far as I know, we have no real concrete insight into her suballiances. If she is confident with her suballiances, and I believe is, she will not switch sides.

So my best prediction at this point is that old Samburu is doomed. I think that if there is a defection, however, it will be Kelly. One thing I think we can be pretty confident about, after the next REAL episode (recaps not included), we will have a VERY good idea of who the final 5 will be. To me, the obvious targets are Frank and Lex (barring immunity). If I am right, and one of them goes down in a 5-4 vote, the other people on the losing side of that vote will be the next three gone (barring immunity runs).

drich61 558 desperate attention whore postings

11-23-01, 04:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail drich61 Click to send private message to drich61 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Relationships After Episode 7"
I agree zzz, the next real episode is the one that will tell us whom is in control. It is probably the last episode that will really have us guessing as to what will happen. That is why the two week wait, with the recap episode now.

11-23-01, 05:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Relationships After Episode 7"
>To me, the obvious targets
>are Frank and Lex (barring
>immunity). If I am
>right, and one of them
>goes down in a 5-4
>vote, the other people on
>the losing side of that
>vote will be the next
>three gone (barring immunity runs).

zzz, I want to say I enjoy reading your posts, especially this one, because I agree with just about everything in it!

One possible, although not very likely, scenario includes Kelly joining the reformed Sam4 to oust Lex by a 5-4 vote. This is a little more likely if the Boran target Frank. Kelly then rejoins her Boran tribemates to oust Frank (5 previous votes of which at least 4 are known)in E9 thereby eliminating her top two irritants. This is likely only if Kelly has a sub-alliance with Ethan/MamaKim and isn't scared off by the fact that she'd have two guaranteed votes against from the jury.

In fact, anyone on Boran could use this strategy to eliminate an ally who is too big of a threat later. For example, Lex votes with the Sam 4 to oust Ethan while the rest of Boran vote for Frank. Then Frank goes in E9. Of course, anyone employing this strategy would be screwed if Frank wins immunity in E9.

11-24-01, 12:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Relationships After Episode 7"
Thanks for the complement. Following me, however, has not been a very fruiful enterprise. I have never been right yet (although I have always been right on the the things that I said could not happen, like the twist being merely an early merge).

As far as getting rid of Lex, Kelly can only do this if either (1) she is going to stay with old Samburu or (2) she can be certain Tom won't see this as too big a risk to his chances and force HIM to switch to old Samburu. No--if Kelly has an alliance with Ethan and KimJ, she has to be patient to take out Lex unless Tom is also in her alliance. Kelly would need to wait until there was only 1 (or maybe 2 given Tom's prior votes) old Samburu left to take out Lex. Taking him out now would be way too dangerous.

11-24-01, 01:05 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Relationships After Episode 7"
Agree. I don't think any Boran will join the Samburu. The sub-alliances, if any, will play out in the final 5.

But wouldn't it be fun to watch??

red 140 desperate attention whore postings

11-23-01, 06:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail red Click to send private message to red Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Relationships After Episode 7"
>The most important relationships have got
>to be Kelly's and KimJ's
>relationships to their old Boran
>tribe. If those relationships
>holds, then old Samburu will
>be picked off 1 by
>1. I think we
>will know the answer to
>this by the end of
>E8 at TC (counting recap
>as E7.5).
>

I disagree. We can't know until episode nine. Boran can't afford to take out another member at episode eight, because they're handing over the power to Samburu if they do so. Because they risk a 4-4 split with Boran having all the known votes. Kelly or KimJ will have to go with the status quo. But after that, they could take out Lex if they chose and still have the upper hand.

I still say Ethan's running this game. People wonder whether Lex will piss him off. Of course not. The more obnoxious he is, the more he's winning the game for Ethan when it comes down to the two of them.

vulcan 56 desperate attention whore postings

11-23-01, 08:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vulcan Click to send private message to vulcan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Relationships After Episode 7"
i say lex makes it to the final 2 with the goat farmer the more survivor changes the more it stays the same the next booted member will be frank teresa if frank wins immunity brandon and kim pose little or no threat to anyone. but lex does make a cool villan anyone who could influence the tribe that much definately is a force clarence shouldve won immunity then jumped ship but he was still thinking along the lines of the good ole boran alliance. with 9 remaining we finally get to see who r the real players and who r just hanging along 4 the ride.

11-24-01, 12:16 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Relationships After Episode 7"
LAST EDITED ON 11-24-01 AT 12:31 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 11-24-01 AT 12:30 PM (EST)

red--

I think you miss my point. What I am saying is that if any of the members of old Samburu has a chance to make it to the final 3, we will know it in E8. Unless old Samburu can get someone to switch sides now, it is over for them. If an old Boran goes in E8, then someone switched sides, and I believe it would be a permanent realignment (although I do not think this will happen).

More likely an old Samburu will go in E8, and that means to me that no old Samburu will make it to the final 3. There is still a possibility that 1 or 2 old Samburu will last longer than 1 or 2 old Boran, but that will be it. In E8, we will know whether any old Samburu has a chance to win.

If an old Samburu goes E8, however, Lex will NOT go E9 because that might tip off Tom that he is on the outs in the old Boran alliance. Tom could still go with the remaining 3 Samburu to oust Kelly, KimJ and Ethan. Unless they could be sure that Tom would be as dumb as Amber, they could not take this risk.

msurvivor 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-24-01, 01:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail msurvivor Click to send private message to msurvivor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Relationships After Episode 7"
After Episode 7, the following situations could play out:

1)the alliance of Lex,Tom,Ethan,MamaKim, and Kelly will vote off Brandon, Frank, Theresa, and KimP. If the relationship of Lex and Ethan is still strong, then the following will be voted off Kelly, Tom, and then MamaKim if Lex wins immunity leaving Lex and Ethan as your final two. If Ethan wins, then Lex is voted off. There's a chance that Tom may make the final two but I doubt it. He's just a pawn being used by Lex to get where he wants to go and Lex likes Ethan more.

2)the alliance of Lex, Tom, Ethan, MamaKim, and Kelly will vote off samburu. Ethan, MamaKim, and Kelly vote off Lex and then Tom, becuase Ethan is close with MamaKim and MamaKim is close to Kelly. Ethan wins immunity and votes off Kelly or MamaKim wins immunity and votes off Kelly or Kelly wins immunity and votes off Ethan.

3)Kelly, Brandi, KimP, Theresa, Frank, MamaKim, and Ethan vote off Lex becuase it so appearant that Lex is such a jerk and then Tom. Kelly, MamaKim, Ethan, Brandi, and Kim P. vote off Frank becuase he's so disliked by the younger crowd and has become distant with the other tribe members. From here, it could get nasty. Kelly, MamaKim, Ethan, vote off Brandi, KimP, and then Theresa and then the end could be like situation 2 OR Kelly, Brandi, KimP, and Theresa vote off Ethan becuase he's too strong and a big favorite if he reaches the final two. Kelly, Brandi, and KimP, vote off MamaKim and Theresa becuase they might become the next Tina and win the millon dollars. Kelly wins immunity and votes off KimP. KimP wins immunity and votes of Kelly. Brandi wins immunity and votes of Kelly. All this plays out if Kelly deciedes to back stab her ex-boran mates in a big way. In past episodes, Kelly has ALWAYS gone with the flow voting with the original borans and I don't see her changing much from this strategy.

Overall:

I see a final two of either Ethan and Lex or Ethan and MamaKim or Kelly and MamaKim or Kelly and Brandi or Brandi and KimP. I definately feel that Ethan, Kelly, and MamaKim are in it for the long hall. After Episode 7, my player rankings are as follows:

1)Ethan - ability to get along with everyone, his strong relationship with MamaKim, and his athleticism will get him far (ala Colby).
2)MamaKim - ability to get along with everyone including those from the ex-samburu and her strong relationship with Ethan will also get her far (ala Tina)
3)Kelly - somewhat favorable relationship with Kim, ability to pretend to be on the side of Lex and Tom, and friendly relationship with Brandon and KimP. should get her at least through the next five episodes.
4)Lex - did merger weaken his relationship with Ethan? will his cockiness prove unfavorable with is ex-boran mates? I guess were going to find out sooner than later.
5)Tom - he just goes with the flow on the coat tails of Lex.
6)KimP. - laying low under the radar will only get you so far.
7)Theresa - likable but the favorites dont see her going far with them.
8)Frank - is becoming distant to the rest of the tribe, and deep down he is not liked by Kelly, KimP., and Brandi. Theresa is his only person he could trust.
9)Brandi - not liked by Lex and Tom; Ethan, MamaKim, Theresa, and Frank really don't have a care for him; his only true allies are Kelly and KimP.

On a final note, I don't think Kelly has the ability to betray her ex-boran mates for the long haul. She has always gone with the flow dispite her reservations of Lex and I think Kelly's inability to form a insurmountable bond with anyone will hurt her as the game goes on.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

11-24-01, 11:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Relationships After Episode 7"
Welcome and a nice first post, msurvivor... a well-reasoned analysis! Do post more often and share your ideas...

"Damn you, Carl, for leaving me here with a bunch of misfits."
Frank Garrison, Nov. 1/01

11-24-01, 12:44 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Relationships After Episode 7"
I also welcome you.

I think your first 2 scenarios are rather plausible, but your 3d scenario is pretty far fetched. It requires the making of a new and rather large alliance with a variety of shifting alliances along the way. In my opinion, that will NOT happen. The "evil Lex" persona is probably MB editing to throw us off.

What might happen, however, is that 1 (or 2) old Boran knows she is on the outs with the rest of old Boran--for example Kelly--for purposes of this example I will assume it is Kelly. Kelly then switches PERMANENTLY to old Samburu to eliminate the rest of old Boran. She then sides with one of the 2 factions, probably the GXA to get rid of the other 2 old Samburu and ends up in the final 3 (although she would probably have to win the final challenge to get into the finals).

Actually, I don't think this scenario will happen. But I think it is more likely than your scenario 3. I think we can already pretty much figure out that the final 3 will be old Boran. We just don't know the suballiances (and MB will do his best to keep these from us as long as possible) to know which 3. If an old Boran goes in E8, however, I believe it would signal a permanent realignment and the rest of old Boran would be doomed. More likely, old Samburu is doomed. The one thing that does seem clear is that if old Boran stick together, Ethan is in great shape to get to the final 3 (and probably the finals).

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •