The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Live Broadcast - yea right!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

jlawman 0 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "New Member"

04-05-06, 05:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jlawman Click to send private message to jlawman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Live Broadcast - yea right!"
I'm new round here, so this topic may have been discussed in the past. But, can somebody tell my why the performances don't necessarily appear to be "Live" as Fox indicates. Each year I see the same thing happening. For example, last night, on Bucky's full performance, he ends the song holding the microphone in his right hand. But, on the short clip showed within minutes thereafter, he clearly is holding the mic in his right hand on the final notes of the song and his voice is different. He holds the final note for a different amount of time. How can this be? Are the singers actually doing the song (or parts of it at least) more than once AND doing so in front of the LIVE audience. I saw this happen with one of Carrie's performance last year. Can someone please clear this up for me?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Live Broadcast - yea right! Glow 04-05-06 1
   RE: Live Broadcast - yea right! Snidget 04-05-06 2
       RE: Live Broadcast - yea right! priestdi 04-05-06 3
       RE: Live Broadcast - yea right! brvnkrz 04-05-06 4
           RE: Live Broadcast - yea right! nailbone 04-06-06 5
       RE: Live Broadcast - yea right! Devious Weasel 04-06-06 8
           RE: Live Broadcast - yea right! Snidget 04-06-06 10
   RE: Live Broadcast - yea right! jlawman 04-06-06 13
       RE: Live Broadcast - yea right! Snidget 04-06-06 14
 RE: Live Broadcast - yea right! zazzy 04-06-06 6
 RE: Live Broadcast - yea right! Magnolia_Rocker 04-06-06 7
   RE: Live Broadcast - yea right! Lisapooh 04-06-06 9
       RE: Live Broadcast - yea right! Iconoclastic 04-06-06 15
 RE: Live Broadcast - yea right! tenmeters 04-06-06 11
   RE: Live Broadcast - yea right! Snidget 04-06-06 12
   RE: Live Broadcast - yea right! udg 04-06-06 16
 The real question is mrc 04-07-06 17
   RE: The real question is zazzy 04-07-06 18
       RE: The real question is mrc 04-07-06 19
           RE: The real question is Devious Weasel 04-07-06 20
               RE: The real question is udg 04-07-06 22
               RE: The real question is mrc 04-08-06 23
           RE: The real question is zazzy 04-07-06 21

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-05-06, 05:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Live Broadcast - yea right!"
hi. We did have this discussion. I'll find the link for you. I think what we came up with or figured out or found out or whatever is that the snippets at the end are recorded from dress rehearsal because they don't have enough time to throw that together between the last performance and the recap.

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

04-05-06, 06:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Live Broadcast - yea right!"
Yep, we've had it pretty much after EVERY SINGLE WEEK.

Trust me you are not the first person to see the differences.

One more time.

There is no where near enough time to edit the live performances into the complilation clip at the end.

Earlier in the day they have a dress rehersal. Virually every single live performance of any kind what-so-ever has a dress rehersal, the performers on AI deserve to have one too. Lets them get the lights in the right places, sound checks, etc.

They record the dress rehersal to do the clips at the end.

The live show is live except for the Pre-recorded clips at the end.

Even when they have couple of hours to put it together they sometimes mess up the phone numbers and stuff. I'd hate to see how bad it would be if they had 3 minutes during the last comercial break to finish it up after scrambling like heck for 50 mintues trying to cut and paste as they went along.

Do we really really need to go through this EVERY SINGLE WEEK. EVERY SINGLE SEASON?!?! </rant>

priestdi 378 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-05-06, 06:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail priestdi Click to send private message to priestdi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Live Broadcast - yea right!"
lmao snidget.

on the bright side, you've really gotten your explainer down well.

(whispers: why don't you do a copy/paste next time?)

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

04-05-06, 06:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Live Broadcast - yea right!"
So the live show really is live? I'm not sure that this is clear to me.

My original Syren

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

04-06-06, 09:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Live Broadcast - yea right!"
As I understand what Snidget says, the little clips at the end are live, and the main performances are taped.

Or somesuch.

Sig by Arkie!!

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster o-

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

04-06-06, 10:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Live Broadcast - yea right!"
There is no where near enough time to edit the live performances into the complilation clip at the end.

Just want to take exception to this statement. There is more than enough time to do it, they just don't do it, probably because by recording it ahead of time you can review it to make sure you don't goof up the phone numbers. But just watch any live sports broadcast, and you'll see plenty of examples where a play that happened seconds before is edited into the pre-commercial bump.

04-06-06, 10:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Live Broadcast - yea right!"
You have a point. If they didn't do the slap the number on it stuff they might be able to get it done, but they've already demonstrated that even when they have hours to do it they still can screw that up.

I also think that they spend some time choosing which part of the song to highlight (they aren't always the last 10 seconds) and that might make it take longer. I don't know how much editorial processing it takes to select out when the play was made.

jlawman 0 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "New Member"

04-06-06, 12:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jlawman Click to send private message to jlawman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Live Broadcast - yea right!"
Thanks everyone, sorry for ruffling feathers. As I said, I'm new to the board and just figured the question had been posed and answered before.

I just kept wondering if they asked the audience to indulge them through more than one performance, but only showed us one of them.

Thanks again.

04-06-06, 12:47 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Live Broadcast - yea right!"
If you look at the top there is a search function. It is a good way to find out if your question has been addressed.

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-06-06, 09:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Live Broadcast - yea right!"
Short and sweet: The main show is live for the East Coast and Central time zones. The West Coast gets it taped, of course.

The little clips at the end that is the summary of the singers and their phone numbers is taken from a dress rehearsal done earlier in the day. So, that portion is taped and stuck into the live East and Central time zone show--for reasons already explained in the posts above.

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-06-06, 09:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Live Broadcast - yea right!"
Actually they are all robots and none of it is real. Some of the robots are flawed and don't act as humanoid as they should (Carriebot) but AI saw the problem last year and are trying to correct it. Taylor as some glitches in his system that make him "twitch" and "woo" alot and they are trying to figure that out. It's all just an AI conspiracy to dupe America.

Siggy thanks to Syren!

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings

04-06-06, 10:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Live Broadcast - yea right!"
Actually, I think this whole show is just part of Hurley's imagination.

Iconoclastic 151 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-06-06, 12:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Iconoclastic Click to send private message to Iconoclastic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Live Broadcast - yea right!"
And we can prove it if only Kellie would jump off a cliff.

tenmeters 202 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-06-06, 12:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tenmeters Click to send private message to tenmeters Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Live Broadcast - yea right!"
Do they televise AI simultaneously in eastern and central states?

04-06-06, 12:24 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Live Broadcast - yea right!"
I believe so. Almost every TV show is on at the same actualy time in both the East and Central Timezones (8E/7C time for example). It would not make much sense they would do this one show differently.

udg 3381 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-06-06, 07:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Live Broadcast - yea right!"
Yes.

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004
I live in the Central timezone. Our "Prime time" is 7-10 pm.

mrc 10113 desperate attention whore postings

04-07-06, 08:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "The real question is"
are the booted Apprentii taped getting into the cab before the season even starts, or are they filmed right after they get the snake strike from the Donald?

04-07-06, 12:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: The real question is"
All the "taxi entry" (leaving the building with the wheeled suitcase) shots are filmed before...the 'in the taxi' shots are filmed after they get booted.

It was in a previous year you could really see the difference in the women's wardrobe...

04-07-06, 02:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: The real question is"
My uncle's cousin is a cab driver, and he said that they do it right after the firing. He said you wouldn't believe how many of them cry like babies.

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

04-07-06, 04:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: The real question is"
I thought your uncle was a camerman...

udg 3381 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-07-06, 10:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: The real question is"
MRC has two uncles?

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004
Someone should write a book about that.

04-08-06, 08:37 AM (EST)
23. "RE: The real question is"
Shhh! He'll get fired.

04-07-06, 05:36 PM (EST)
21. "RE: The real question is"
There are two shots:

1) walking out of the building to the cab

2) in the cab

Shot one you can tell they have prefilmed on a clear night...all the shots are similar and are done before any firings. Watch some night --someone will get fired and they will be in the cab on a rainy evening...but the walk to the cab was not on a rainy night.

Shot two is after the firing...in the cab.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •