The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Has Anyone Seen Any of the Soon-to-be Oscar Nominees?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-21-05, 06:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Has Anyone Seen Any of the Soon-to-be Oscar Nominees?"
I don't go to movies much anymore. I kind of want to see Aviator, and one of my bosses (I have two demi-boss, a quasi boss, and Boss) saw Million Dollar Baby and lvoed it. Felt it was one of the best movies she'd seen in a long, long time. Sneetch loved Sideways. Any recommendations?

And can I have a Milk Dud?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Closer Canada Girl 01-21-05 1
   RE: Closer Bucky Katt 01-21-05 5
 RE: Has Anyone Seen Any of the Soon... Wheezy 01-21-05 2
   RE: Has Anyone Seen Any of the Soon... ginger 01-21-05 3
       RE: Has Anyone Seen Any of the Soon... seahorse 01-21-05 4
 RE: Has Anyone Seen Any of the Soon... Puffy 01-21-05 6
   Ray.. MandyM 01-21-05 7
       RE: Ray.. Puffy 01-21-05 9
 RE: Has Anyone Seen Any of the Soon... Breezy 01-21-05 8
 RE: Has Anyone Seen Any of the Soon... badger 01-21-05 10
   RE: Has Anyone Seen Any of the Soon... TechNoir 01-21-05 11
       RE: Has Anyone Seen Any of the Soon... badger 01-21-05 12
           RE: Has Anyone Seen Any of the Soon... TechNoir 01-21-05 16
               RE: Has Anyone Seen Any of the Soon... diamond 01-22-05 26
   RE: Has Anyone Seen Any of the Soon... angelworth29 01-22-05 17
 RE: Has Anyone Seen Any of the Soon... TechNoir 01-21-05 13
   RE: Has Anyone Seen Any of the Soon... diamond 01-22-05 24
 RE: Has Anyone Seen Any of the Soon... Molaholic 01-21-05 14
 RE: Has Anyone Seen Any of the Soon... seahorse 01-21-05 15
   RE: Has Anyone Seen Any of the Soon... ExInterper 01-22-05 21
       RE: Has Anyone Seen Any of the Soon... seahorse 01-22-05 22
           RE: Has Anyone Seen Any of the Soon... ExInterper 01-22-05 23
               RE: Has Anyone Seen Any of the Soon... Gothmog 01-22-05 25
                   RE: Has Anyone Seen Any of the Soon... ExInterper 01-22-05 27
 RE: Has Anyone Seen Any of the Soon... angelworth29 01-22-05 18
 RE: Has Anyone Seen Any of the Soon... Surveysez 01-22-05 19
   RE: Has Anyone Seen Any of the Soon... badger 01-22-05 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Canada Girl 3340 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-21-05, 06:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Canada%20Girl Click to send private message to Canada%20Girl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Closer"
I saw Closer in December. I was personally driven crazy by the actors' delivery of the script. The movie has been taken from a play and it SHOWS!

However, it is still a really good movie. If you've been able to get past play-to-movie movies before you should be good. Anything by David Mamet springs to mind.

I really liked Clive Owens in it. Hunky voice, good actor. Am looking forward to seeing other movies of his now.

Disco ball in the oven

Bucky Katt 3146 desperate attention whore postings

01-21-05, 07:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bucky%20Katt Click to send private message to Bucky%20Katt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Closer"
I saw it too and I really liked it. Probably because that is what I think "true love" is really like and not the fairy tale endings that occur in most movies.

Natalie Portman lap dancing didn't hurt either

Depriving the public of my talent is letting the terrorists win.

Wheezy 9153 desperate attention whore postings

01-21-05, 06:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wheezy Click to send private message to Wheezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Has Anyone Seen Any of the Soon-to-be Oscar Nominees?"

I have two demi-boss, a quasi boss,

This makes me think of bras. Do you have any miracle bosses?

Whee-boz

Wheeze * Wheeze's Blog

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

01-21-05, 06:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Has Anyone Seen Any of the Soon-to-be Oscar Nominees?"
No, but I once thought I saw Boss's face in a really old grilled cheese sandwich.

A miracle boss would pay me to stay home and watch home makeover shows.

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

01-21-05, 07:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Has Anyone Seen Any of the Soon-to-be Oscar Nominees?"
Did it sell for big bucks on EBAY?

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Puffy 6702 desperate attention whore postings

01-21-05, 07:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Has Anyone Seen Any of the Soon-to-be Oscar Nominees?"
We've been on a movie marathon lately. I recommend: Ray, Aviator, Million Dollar Baby, Sideways, Meet the Fockers, Hotel Rwanda, Spanglish. Incredibles was good, too!

An IceCat creation

MandyM 2112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

01-21-05, 07:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MandyM Click to send private message to MandyM Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Ray.."
That's one I've been meaning to see.....so was it great? Did Jamie Foxx do him justice?

MM I'm convinced this country is another planet’s hell

Puffy 6702 desperate attention whore postings

01-21-05, 08:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Ray.."
Jamie Foxx was Ray Charles. The boy who played Ray Charles as a child was magnificent; the women in the cast were great and Jamie Foxx was brilliant.

An IceCat creation

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

01-21-05, 08:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Has Anyone Seen Any of the Soon-to-be Oscar Nominees?"
What's a movie?

And who is Oscar?

badger 1273 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

01-21-05, 08:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail badger Click to send private message to badger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Has Anyone Seen Any of the Soon-to-be Oscar Nominees?"
I haven't seen a lot of the movies that are getting the buzz for this year, but one recommendation from me (perhaps best foreign film?) would be maria full of grace

i also thought eternal sunshine of the spotless mind was pretty wonderful. i'm a big charlie kaufman (screenwriter) fan.

on her own tangent since 1971

TechNoir 9741 desperate attention whore postings

01-21-05, 08:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TechNoir Click to send private message to TechNoir Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Has Anyone Seen Any of the Soon-to-be Oscar Nominees?"
I wanted to love endless sunshine, I really did. But just when I would be getting past Jim Carrey being Jim Carrey, he'd do something to remind me.

01-21-05, 08:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail badger Click to send private message to badger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Has Anyone Seen Any of the Soon-to-be Oscar Nominees?"
LAST EDITED ON 01-21-05 AT 08:57 PM (EST)

actually kate winslet plays the typical jim carrey role in the film (which is annoying in its own special way, of course). carrey plays the "straight man"

Edited for clarify, which i'm not quite sure i achieved

01-21-05, 11:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TechNoir Click to send private message to TechNoir Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Has Anyone Seen Any of the Soon-to-be Oscar Nominees?"
Which is how I managed to stand more than 10 minutes. But ...

diamond 2307 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

01-22-05, 01:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail diamond Click to send private message to diamond Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Has Anyone Seen Any of the Soon-to-be Oscar Nominees?"
Yeah, I usaully can't stand Jim Carrey, either. I thought he did a pretty good job, and the acting in general the move was great. But I just thought the movie was boring. You almost sum up the entire plot in about two sentences, and you pretty much already know it before the movie starts.

angelworth29 532 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-22-05, 11:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail angelworth29 Click to send private message to angelworth29 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Has Anyone Seen Any of the Soon-to-be Oscar Nominees?"
Just thinking about Maria Full of Grace makes me gag. Just a reflex. Great movie, though.

01-21-05, 08:58 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Has Anyone Seen Any of the Soon-to-be Oscar Nominees?"
Kill Bill, Vol. 2 is terrific. But I adore Tarantino. YMMV.

One of my favorite movies this year is from last year But if you haven't seen it, The Station Agent is fabulous.

I'm tryin' real hard to be a shepherd.

diamond 2307 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

01-22-05, 01:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail diamond Click to send private message to diamond Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Has Anyone Seen Any of the Soon-to-be Oscar Nominees?"
I will second the "fabulous" for The Station Agent.

Molaholic 9015 desperate attention whore postings

01-21-05, 09:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Has Anyone Seen Any of the Soon-to-be Oscar Nominees?"
Well, I saw TEAM AMERICA -- sure that will grab a boatload of nominations.

sigpic a GeorgiaBelle creation MMIV

01-21-05, 11:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Has Anyone Seen Any of the Soon-to-be Oscar Nominees?"
I saw Spiderman II, Shrek II, 50 First Dates, The Incredibles, Shark Tales, Polar Express, Meet the Fockers and the Punisher this past year. I doubt any of them will be up for Best Picture or Best Actors.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

ExInterper 3093 desperate attention whore postings

01-22-05, 01:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ExInterper Click to send private message to ExInterper Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Has Anyone Seen Any of the Soon-to-be Oscar Nominees?"
Actually, I read an article somewhere that a few "industry experts" were hearing rumblings that the Incredibles might be up for best picture as a dark horse candidate. I'd find it more likely if they hadn't created a "Best Animated Feature" category a few years ago, though, so take it FWIW.

(c) Slicey 2004
Mmmm...blog.... "Politics or just a game? Well in the end they knew his name." -- Mighty Mighty Bosstones

01-22-05, 01:41 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Has Anyone Seen Any of the Soon-to-be Oscar Nominees?"
That may have have been my favorite of what I saw.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

01-22-05, 01:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ExInterper Click to send private message to ExInterper Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Has Anyone Seen Any of the Soon-to-be Oscar Nominees?"
Really? Care to share?

(c) Slicey 2004
Mmmm...blog.... I was looking over your list: this was a pretty good year for animated movies, and they were ALL CGI. Still haven't seen Polar Express or Shark's Tale.

Gothmog 2886 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

01-22-05, 01:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Gothmog Click to send private message to Gothmog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Has Anyone Seen Any of the Soon-to-be Oscar Nominees?"
Am I misremembering, or has Disney said they will no longer make traditional animated films, just CGI?

01-22-05, 01:57 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Has Anyone Seen Any of the Soon-to-be Oscar Nominees?"
I think you're right. Of course, now they have to do it sans Pixar, which has yet to make a film that was not both a box office and critical success. That'll mean three major players in the market: Pixar, Disney and Dreamworks.

(c) Slicey 2004
Mmmm...blog.... "Politics or just a game? Well in the end they knew his name." -- Mighty Mighty Bosstones

angelworth29 532 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-22-05, 11:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail angelworth29 Click to send private message to angelworth29 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Has Anyone Seen Any of the Soon-to-be Oscar Nominees?"
I haven't been a really big Tom Cruise fan since Top Gun, but I thought Collateral was awesome. I think Tom and Jamie should both be nominated. But what do I know?

Surveysez 2793 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

01-22-05, 12:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Surveysez Click to send private message to Surveysez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Has Anyone Seen Any of the Soon-to-be Oscar Nominees?"
The last movie I saw was Shaun of the Dead. While I found it funny, I don't think it's going to get many nomimations.

01-22-05, 01:20 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Has Anyone Seen Any of the Soon-to-be Oscar Nominees?"
Shaun of the Dead = my new favorite movie, or favorite new movies, not sure

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •