The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Greetings From Ground Zero..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-21-05, 05:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Greetings From Ground Zero..."
...or at least, that's how every weather forecast for the weekend is being made to sound. The key words for the talking heads with a batting average about 1/3rd of the Mets pitching staff are 'or worse'. Sixteen inches of snow in twenty hours 'or worse'. Wind chills down to -20f 'or worse'. Blizzard conditions 'or worse'. And the part they don't tell you about: lines at the supermarket stretching out to eighty minutes 'if you're lucky'. All I wanted was a few cherries and some ginger beer -- shouldn't there be a line for people who aren't using the storm as an excuse to A. panic B. save C. run over people in the parking lot D. ask for a price check on the newspaper with the price printed on the front page?

I know the source of all this information is -- well, 'less than credible' would be the nice way of putting it, because said local weather forecasters generally couldn't throw themselves in the ocean and predict they might get wet, but where there's this many moving waves of white not-smoke, there's a blizzard in there somewhere.

And yes, it's nothing compared to what some of y'all have to deal with every week, but since none of you are going to dig out my car, I reserve the right to complain a little.

Oh, and the current roadside concession price for snow shovels? Don't ask.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Greetings From Ground Zero... txmomma26 01-21-05 1
   RE: Greetings From Ground Zero... Estee 01-21-05 3
       RE: Greetings From Ground Zero... txmomma26 01-21-05 4
           RE: Greetings From Ground Zero... Estee 01-21-05 6
               RE: Greetings From Ground Zero... txmomma26 01-21-05 7
                   RE: Greetings From Ground Zero... Estee 01-21-05 9
 RE: Greetings From Ground Zero... J Slice 01-21-05 2
   RE: Greetings From Ground Zero... Estee 01-21-05 5
       RE: Greetings From Ground Zero... AugustGirl 01-21-05 8
           Bill For Digging Out Augie's Car: Estee 01-21-05 11
               RE: Bill For Digging Out Augie's Ca... AugustGirl 01-21-05 14
 RE: Greetings From Ground Zero... Penelope Le Pew 01-21-05 10
 RE: Greetings From Ground Zero... Spidey 01-21-05 12
   RE: Greetings From Ground Zero... J Slice 01-21-05 13
   RE: Greetings From Ground Zero... Wheezy 01-21-05 15
       RE: Greetings From Ground Zero... Spidey 01-21-05 18
 Neener! Neener! grit 01-21-05 16
   RE: Neener! Neener! Wheezy 01-21-05 17
       RE: Neener! Neener! grit 01-21-05 19
           RE: Neener! Neener! Wheezy 01-21-05 21
 I hate to say it moonbaby 01-21-05 20
 It's gonna snow? DataShark 01-21-05 22
 RE: Greetings From Ground Zero... iwannabearealitystar 01-22-05 23

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

txmomma26 5825 desperate attention whore postings

01-21-05, 05:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail txmomma26 Click to send private message to txmomma26 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Greetings From Ground Zero..."
I suppose now is not the time to complain about our 70 degree weather today and 30 degree weather tomorrow?

01-21-05, 05:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Greetings From Ground Zero..."
For starters.

01-21-05, 05:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail txmomma26 Click to send private message to txmomma26 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Greetings From Ground Zero..."
Now for a laugh - a friend's sister is getting married in NYC tomorrow.

01-21-05, 05:58 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Greetings From Ground Zero..."
But is it an outdoor ceremony?

'Here comes the bride -- there goes the bribe'

01-21-05, 05:59 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Greetings From Ground Zero..."
Unfortunately, no.

01-21-05, 06:02 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Greetings From Ground Zero..."
Too bad. That would have been a perfect Bridezilla cue. 'How dare you have a blizzard during my special day! Stop it this instant, or I'm coming up there! And you don't want me to come up there!'

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings

01-21-05, 05:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Greetings From Ground Zero..."
Good thing I have vitamin Grass to keep me warm tomorrow night. Ecch.

01-21-05, 05:57 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Greetings From Ground Zero..."
I think I'm finally going to try for dark hot chocolate combined with spending at least six hours in a hot tub. Possibly consecutive.

And now the forecasters are saying 'Don't bother shoveling anything while the storm is still going on. It'll only blow back to where you got it.' 40-50mph wind gusts. Say hello to no one's good friend, Mr. Six-Foot Drift.

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings

01-21-05, 06:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Greetings From Ground Zero..."
So Estee, when you're finished digging out your car, could you drive on down to Maryland and dig out mine?

Thanks a bunch.

01-21-05, 06:08 PM (EST)
11. "Bill For Digging Out Augie's Car:"
Gas: $50

Wear and tear on car: $8

Tolls: $18

Hourly compensation for drive time, total: $90

Shovel: $15

Car excavation: $4 per inch of snow * car's length in feet * car's width in feet * amount of pain in Estee's poor, weary body.

Anti-blackmail premium (for not using chance to get into car and use contents as all sorts of evidence -- optional): $75

Compensation for not being able to write Wickedly Perfect summary 'cause I'm too busy digging out your car: - $100. (I pay you.)

Seeing all the snow was piled up in your neighbor's driveway: priceless.

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings

01-21-05, 06:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Bill For Digging Out Augie's Car:"
You've got yourself a deal.

Penelope Le Pew 2031 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

01-21-05, 06:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Penelope%20Le%20Pew Click to send private message to Penelope%20Le%20Pew Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Greetings From Ground Zero..."
We are expecting 15 cm of snow overnight. I am sick of snow.. Snowmen, please go away!

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

01-21-05, 06:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Greetings From Ground Zero..."
Man did I pick a sh!tty day to run out of milk and bread. I was one of those non-panickers caught up the the milk-melee at the market this afternoon.

We're supposed to get 6-10 inches and the natives are in a frenzy. But I? Have 4-wheel drive.

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings

Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Greetings From Ground Zero..."
Isis the Element also has 4x4. Makes living at the bottom of a hill that frequently ices over less crappy.

I have half a carton of potato-leek soup stored up for tomorrow, when the snow makes things wretched.

Wheezy 9153 desperate attention whore postings

Click to EMail Wheezy Click to send private message to Wheezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Greetings From Ground Zero..."

Don't forget toilet paper.

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

01-21-05, 06:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Greetings From Ground Zero..."
I went to the wholesale club last week and I have enough TP to get us through nuclear winter.

grit 4868 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

01-21-05, 06:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Neener! Neener!"
Hah! Usually, you guys down in the NYC area get less snow than we get up here in the Hudson Valley. I just watched the news and saw that NYC and Long Island have a blizzard warning with 12"+ predicted, NJ has a winter weather warning with 6" - 12" predicted, and my area is only under a winter weather watch with only 4" - 6" predicted. I'm going skiing on Sunday!

Handcrafted by RollDdice

01-21-05, 06:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wheezy Click to send private message to Wheezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Neener! Neener!"
I'm sooo bummed.
There's a 30% chance of rain a week from Sunday.

Sat
Jan 22 Partly Cloudy
77°/50° 10%
77 °F

Sun
Jan 23 Mostly Sunny
76°/45° 10%
76 °F

Mon
Jan 24 Partly Cloudy
76°/44° 20%
76 °F

Tue
Jan 25 Mostly Sunny
80°/46° 0%
80 °F

Wed
Jan 26 Partly Cloudy
77°/47° 10%
77 °F

Thu
Jan 27 Partly Cloudy
72°/43° 20%
72 °F

Fri
Jan 28 Partly Cloudy
73°/41° 20%
73 °F

Sat
Jan 29 Partly Cloudy
73°/40° 10%
73 °F

Sun
Jan 30 Scattered Showers
72°/39° 30%
72 °F

Whee-boz
I'm really very sincerely sorry for the soon to be snowed in peeps. But you gotta admit--it's sort of fun to be snowed in. Right? *runs like the wind*

Wheeze * Wheeze's Blog

grit 4868 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

01-21-05, 07:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Neener! Neener!"
That was mean - I'm gonna sick a blue peep on you.

BEBE! BEBE! Wheezy's picking on me! I want her "banned".

Handcrafted by RollDdice

This happens on my camping board, too. We northerners complain about the snow and not being able to camp, and then someone, usually from Texas or Florida, makes some comment about how the temperatures are in the 70's and the camping is perfect.

01-21-05, 07:36 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Neener! Neener!"
But then, when it's 115 degrees in July/August, you can laugh and laugh.

Whee-boz
I lived in snow for 36 winters...that was just a few years too long.

Wheeze * Wheeze's Blog

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

01-21-05, 07:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "I hate to say it"
but I am unreasonably excited about this storm-almost an I can't sleep kind of excited. Someone nudge me with a shovel and make me face reality-I'm going to be out there hauling it when the accumulation tops a foot or more. But right now? No commuter worries on my mind. Got the cross country skis ready and checking the weather forecast compulsively. The blizzard checklist goes something like this:

bread? Check
milk? Check
tp? Check
brownie mix? Check
tea? Check
hot chocolate? Check
irish cream and kahlua for hot chocolate? Check
movies? 'bout time for a re-view of The Big Lebowski
OT? If the power stays on, hellyeah

Hard to explain-it's a combination of weather geekness, cocooning, and little kid joy. BIG SNOW? I'm ready!

DataShark 1395 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

01-21-05, 11:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DataShark Click to send private message to DataShark Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "It's gonna snow?"
Cool!

Snow on the weekend that won't close school or stop commutes? That doesn't count.

iwannabearealitystar 592 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-22-05, 06:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iwannabearealitystar Click to send private message to iwannabearealitystar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Greetings From Ground Zero..."
The media excitement level for a snowflake in my area (Philly metro) can only be described as overkill. For the last week or so we have been warned to "be ready". The news has shots of reporters measuring the snow, asking people why they are in the snow and (my favorite) live shots of the salt trucks revving up in city parking lots "they are ready to go!!!". My best friends fiancee is from Toronto and when he moved here 4 years ago and saw how people reacted to the slightest snow flurry he was a combination of amused and disturbed.

I have no clue why people insist on crowding the supermarkets for milk, bread and eggs. Even if we get 3 feet (which we won't) This isn't "Little House on the Prairie" times, where we are snowed in for months listening to Pa play his fiddle. We will be plowed out tommorrow.

I will admit to venturing out in the storm (and it is snowing pretty hard) for some staples. That would be wine, beer and cigarettes. The eggs I can live without.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •