The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Standout performances?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-03-06, 08:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Standout performances?"
I can remember a bunch of performances from last year. Most of those performances being Bo’s and Carrie’s but not all of them. So as I was sitting here with Bucky's rendition of "Wave on Wave" going through my head, I started wondering what other performances have stuck with me this season. So far, they've been (in no particular order):
Chris - Hemorrhage
Chris - I Walk the Line
Chris - Broken
Bucky – Thunder Rolls
Bucky – Real Good Man
Bucky – Wave on Wave
Paris – Fever
Mandisa – I Don’t Hurt Anymore

Is this because Chris and Bucky are my favorites? I thought about this for a little while and came to a conclusion. Their performances don’t stand out to me because they’re my favorites. They’re my favorites because their performances stand out to me.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Standout performances? tamarama 04-03-06 1
 RE: Standout performances? priestdi 04-03-06 2
 RE: Standout performances? xwraith27 04-03-06 3
   RE: Standout performances? priestdi 04-04-06 6
 RE: Standout performances? crs3192 04-03-06 4
 RE: Standout performances? Magnolia_Rocker 04-04-06 5
 RE: Standout performances? sylvester 04-04-06 7
 RE: Standout performances? Fishercat 04-04-06 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-03-06, 11:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Standout performances?"
Hmmmm,

For me so far I remember Taylor's "Levon" and Elliot's "Moody's Mood for Love."

I remember some I hated...

(to be fair, I've missed a few episodes.)

priestdi 378 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-03-06, 02:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail priestdi Click to send private message to priestdi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Standout performances?"

sad to say, I don't have ANY standout performances yet.

there were a couple nights when I thought Paris was clearly the best, but I don't remember why. not a good sign.

xwraith27 1136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-03-06, 07:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail xwraith27 Click to send private message to xwraith27 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Standout performances?"
Elliott - Moody's Mood For Love
Mandisa - I'm Every Woman
Chris - Hemorrhage

But come to think of it, no one has actually stood out this season given the diversity of styles among the contestants. Usually, by this time, I already have two or three favorites who I'm rooting for, but I don't have any REAL favorites this year. I like most of them, but they don't have me on the edge of my seat waiting for them to perform. I used to consider Chris as my favorite until I realized that like Ruben, he's becoming too redundant. Mandisa only sounds decent when she's screaming and that's not really my kind of style. Elliott just doesn't draw me in when he's singing. So while Bucky is clearly not the best singer/performer in the competition, he's the closest person that I have as a favorite.

priestdi 378 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-04-06, 01:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail priestdi Click to send private message to priestdi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Standout performances?"

wow, somebody who sounds a little like me, lol. I'm totally not accustomed to that.

Coming out of auditions, Chris and Lisa were my faves. Then Lisa got ... I don't know what happened to her. And Chris went from being an underdog who I thought was a genuine artist to Simon's pimpee, which I hate.

I usually like to root for the underdogs, and now Bucky is my project this year. he's hardly winner material, but he's getting most of my votes.

and Paris. because she's gone from being a pre-season frontrunner to totally overlooked, and as I said already, I think she's given some of the best peformances so far.

but nobody has done anything memorable, at least not for me. nothing like Fantasia's Summertime, or Connie's Bohemian Rhapsody. and I'm afraid that may never happen this year, either.

crs3192 122 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-03-06, 08:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail crs3192 Click to send private message to crs3192 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Standout performances?"
I thought that Katharine was great with "Since I Fell For You", Paris was great with "Midnight Train to Georgia", Chris was amazing with "Higher Ground", Kellie was pretty good with "Let's Give Them Something to Talk About", and Mandisa was excellent with all her songs.

I don't know, those are my fave performances.

Bucky stinks in my opinion.

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-04-06, 07:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Standout performances?"
Last year all of Bo's minus the broadway and country night blew me away and Carrie's "Alone" left me speechless. This year I haven't had the feeling yet of those performances. I really loved Bucky's "Thunder Rolls" and Chris' "Hemorrhage" but I haven't been really wowed yet this season. I think Bo ruined me for life.

Siggy thanks to Syren!

sylvester 555 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-04-06, 02:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sylvester Click to send private message to sylvester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Standout performances?"

I've got a few that stand out for me from past seasons.

1) Clay singing 'Bridge Over Troubled Water' in the finals of Season 2. Completely blew me away.

2) Bo singing Whipping Post last season to make it to the top 12. Completely blew me away.

3) Bo singing 'Inside Your Heaven' last year in the finals. Blew me away. (Hated Carrie's version)

4) Kimberly Locke singing 'I Can't Make You Love Me' during Season 2. Loved it.

Those are the ones that immediately come to mind.

I never watched Season 1, hated everything about Season 3. Enjoyed last year mainly because of Bo. sigh.

This year I have yet to be blown away, although I love Taylor. I know it's in him, I know he will have that knockout performance, I wait for it every week. It's coming.

I liked Chris until last week. Not impressed with the angry hard rocker thang. Maybe he'll actually change it up this week, I hope anyway.

And God help me, but I love Bucky too. He's not the best, he's not going to win, but there's something about him. Have my fingers crossed for him tonight, I hope he shines for Country night.

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-04-06, 06:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Standout performances?"
Season Five
Katharine McPhee: "Come Rain or Come Shine"
Kellie Pickler: None
Mandisa: "I'm Every Woman"
Paris: "Midnight Train to Georgia"
Ace: None
Bucky: None
Chris: "Hemorrhage"
Elliot: None (Although I like him in general)
Taylor: "Takin' It to the Streets"

Those are the performances that I recall immediately when I think of this year, and I didn't limit myself.

Bob Factoid: The fishercat is the only creature known to have gone completely insane chasing its own tail.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •