The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Travel Tips?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

echogirl 2120 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

02-10-02, 10:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail echogirl Click to send private message to echogirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Travel Tips?"
LAST EDITED ON 02-10-02 AT 11:02 AM (EST)

Hi all,

I am getting ready to fly for the first time since the Sept 11 tragedy. For those who have traveled since then, what should I expect? How early should I arrive? How long does it take to pass through security? Can I carry things like a nail file in my purse? A curling iron in my adventure bag?

Oh...and should I take my teddy bear or my voodoo doll?

Just curious!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Important Stuff Inside... IceCat 02-10-02 1
   RE: Important Stuff Inside... Canada Girl 02-10-02 2
 RE: Travel Tips? ItzLisa 02-10-02 3
 RE: Travel Tips? samiam 02-10-02 4
   RE: Travel Tips? SkyRaider 02-10-02 5
 RE: Travel Tips? echogirl 02-11-02 6
   RE: Travel Tips? Drive My Car 02-11-02 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-10-02, 11:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Important Stuff Inside..."
If you are going to a major airport,make sure that you get to the airport at least two hours in advance of your flight time. It's taking longer to get through security than it takes to get through an Air Canada ticket check in line.

Also... and this is important. If you have any battery operated equipment (eg: cameras, laptops, radios, alarm clocks) in your carry on luggage, you will be required to demonstrate that they are functional. You must have batteries in them so that you can demonstrate that they work.

I saw a couple almost miss their flight because they had two hnad held radios in their carry on but had had not charged the batteries. They had to wait at security for half an hour with their battery charger plugged in waiting for the radios to be charged up so they could show that they worked.

It's silly things like that hold peole up in security. They are confiscating manicure scissors, nail files, tweezers, pocket knives... virtually anything that could be remotely interpreted as a possible weapon.

This is what I do to go through security. I take a small ziplock sandwich bag or two with me. I take the contents of my pockets, watch, etc. and put them into the zip lock bag. I put the bag into one of my coat pockets. I then put the whole coat through the x-ray machine. When I walk through the metal detector, all I have in my hand is my ticket and boarding pass. This saves you having to use those stupid little trays for putting your keys and change in.

Hope this helps... enjoy your flight...

Thank you for flying IceCat Airlines and have just a super day!

Go CANADA Go!

Canada Girl 3340 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-10-02, 01:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Canada%20Girl Click to send private message to Canada%20Girl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Important Stuff Inside..."
That's all great advice Ice Cat! I would add that if you are bringing your keys with you, check them carefully for little items that might be taken away. My sister overlooked her keys on her last flight and had a very cute baby swissarmy knife and nail file taken away.

ItzLisa 3350 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-10-02, 07:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ItzLisa Click to send private message to ItzLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Travel Tips?"
Hey girl! Have a wonderful trip, and we'll miss you while you're gone! Post back as soon as ya can, and have fun!

Icey, this is great advice! I'm headed to Toronto to see John in March, and I know I'll need to get there REALLY early, but "IceCat's Travel Tips" are great to have with me! Yours too, Canada Girl!! (Leave it to the Canadians to be the smartest travelers, hee hee!)

samiam 5976 desperate attention whore postings

02-10-02, 08:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samiam Click to send private message to samiam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Travel Tips?"
One of my friends recently sent me this list she got when she flew a few weeks ago.

"When you are preparing for your trip, remember to pack smart -- pack safe. You cannot bring the items listed below on your person or in carry-on luggage.
Knives of any length, composition, or description.
All cutting and puncturing instruments. This includes pocketknives, carpet knives and box cutters, ice picks, straight razors, metal scissors, and metal nail files.
Corkscrews.
Athletic equipment that could be used as a weapon, such as baseball/softball bats, golf clubs, pool cues, ski poles, and hockey sticks.
Fireworks - signal flares, sparklers, or other explosives.
Flammable liquids or solids - fuel, paints, lighter refills, matches.
Household items - drain cleaners and solvents.
Pressure containers - spray cans, butane fuel, scuba tanks, propane tanks, CO2 cartridges, and self-inflating rafts.
Weapons - firearms, ammunition, gunpowder, mace, tear gas, or pepper spray.
Other hazardous materials: dry ice, gasoline-powered tools, wet-cell batteries, camping equipment with fuel, radioactive materials (except limited quantities), poisons, and infectious substances.
Beware - many common items used everyday in the home or workplace may seem harmless, however, when transported by air, they can be very dangerous. In flight, variations in temperature and pressure can cause items to leak, generate toxic fumes or start a fire.
Personal care items containing hazardous materials (e.g., flammable perfume, aerosols) totaling no more than 70 ounces may be carried on board. Contents of each container may not exceed 16 fluid ounces.
Matches and lighters may only be carried on your person. However,
"strike-anywhere" matches, lighters with flammable liquid reservoirs, and lighter fluid are forbidden.
Firearms and ammunition may not be carried by a passenger on an aircraft. However, unloaded firearms may be transported in checked baggage if declared to the agent at check in and packed in a suitable container. Handguns must be in a locked container. Boxed small arms ammunition for personal use may be transported in checked luggage. Amounts may vary depending on the airline.
Dry ice (4 pounds or less) for packing perishables, may be carried on board an aircraft provided the package is vented.
Electric wheelchairs must be transported in accordance with airline requirements. The battery may need to be disconnected, removed, and the terminals insulated to prevent short circuits.
Leave gifts unwrapped. Airline security personnel will open gifts if the X-ray scan cannot determine the contents.
If in doubt, don't pack it."

Happy traveling!

"And it's only the giving (smooches) that makes you what you are."

SkyRaider 1301 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-10-02, 10:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SkyRaider Click to send private message to SkyRaider Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Travel Tips?"
Matches and lighters may only be carried on your person. However,"strike-anywhere" matches, lighters with flammable liquid reservoirs, and lighter fluid are forbidden.

This must vary by airports, because at LAX (los Angeles International), anything that makes a flame is prohibited. It has always been prohibited to check through the items above without a Restricted Articles Statement and appropriate stickers/labeling on the bag, they just never enforced it.

Mr. Shoe Bomber effectively ended that for the foreseeable future.

echogirl 2120 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

02-11-02, 07:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail echogirl Click to send private message to echogirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Travel Tips?"
My bags are packed and I am ready to go! Thanks for all of the tips.

Happy spoiling and I will see you all in a few weeks

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

02-11-02, 07:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Travel Tips?"
Have a wonderful and safe trip echogirl!!!
You know where to find us, when you get back.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •