The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"New VidCaps Suggest No Merge"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

zzz 703 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-16-01, 02:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"New VidCaps Suggest No Merge"
I hope I posted the hyperlink correctly, but these include VidCaps not in Bunglers post.

<http://www.survivorfever.net/ep7-webcaps.html>

There appears to be a VidCap of Boran walking in a line with Clarence carrying the immunity idol. If they are not walking back from the archery challenge (not sure whether they are wearing the same clothes or not), it appears they are walking to the next IC which would suggest no merge.

Other possibilities might be they were told to bring the idol to a place where Jeff will tell them about the merge because they no longer need the idol (i.e., after the merge it is an immunity necklace).

Not sure why else they would be walking in a line with the idol.

Any other possibilities?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: New VidCaps Suggest No Merge MDSkinner 11-16-01 1
   RE: New VidCaps Suggest No Merge Lightmage81 11-18-01 23
 RE: New VidCaps Suggest No Merge Bungler 11-16-01 2
   RE: New VidCaps Suggest No Merge zzz 11-16-01 3
       RE: New VidCaps Suggest No Merge NightScribe 11-16-01 4
       RE: New VidCaps Suggest No Merge MDSkinner 11-16-01 8
 Darn it AyaK 11-16-01 5
   RE: Darn it zzz 11-16-01 6
       RE: Darn it Stairway2Dayton 11-17-01 17
   RE: Darn it starshyn99 11-16-01 9
       RE: Darn it zzz 11-16-01 11
           RE: Darn it Mumbo Jumbo 11-17-01 18
               RE: Darn it zzz 11-17-01 21
   RE: Darn it Stairway2Dayton 11-17-01 16
 RE: New VidCaps Suggest No Merge ChipK2 11-16-01 7
 RE: New VidCaps Suggest No Merge ChipK2 11-16-01 10
   RE: New VidCaps Suggest No Merge zzz 11-16-01 12
       RE: New VidCaps Suggest No Merge Rose Red 11-16-01 13
           RE: New VidCaps Suggest No Merge Swami 11-17-01 22
 RE: New VidCaps Suggest No Merge Loree 11-16-01 14
 RE: New VidCaps Suggest No Merge heresy 11-17-01 15
   RE: New VidCaps Suggest No Merge Rose Red 11-17-01 19
       RE: New VidCaps Suggest No Merge Rose Red 11-17-01 20
       RE: New VidCaps Suggest No Merge heresy 11-18-01 24
           RE: New VidCaps Suggest No Merge zzz 11-18-01 25
 RE: New VidCaps Suggest No Merge Swami 11-18-01 26
 Teresa Boot at Merge dabo 11-18-01 27
 JUST A THOUGHT evilj9 11-19-01 28
   RE: JUST A THOUGHT ChipK2 11-19-01 29
       RE: JUST A THOUGHT zzz 11-19-01 30
       RE: JUST A THOUGHT evilj9 11-19-01 31
 RE: New VidCaps Suggest No Merge TODDLJ 11-20-01 32
   RE: New VidCaps Suggest No Merge zzz 11-20-01 33
       RE: New VidCaps Suggest No Merge NightScribe 11-20-01 34
           RE: New VidCaps Suggest No Merge TODDLJ 11-20-01 35
           RE: New VidCaps Suggest No Merge zzz 11-20-01 36
               RE: New VidCaps Suggest No Merge Lightmage81 11-20-01 37
                   RE: New VidCaps Suggest No Merge MC_Hampster 11-21-01 38
 Here's a thought dabo 11-21-01 39

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

MDSkinner 716 desperate attention whore postings

11-16-01, 03:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MDSkinner Click to send private message to MDSkinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: New VidCaps Suggest No Merge"
I think that those are the only two realistic possibilities. And I don't think that seeing this shot would indicate that one is any more likely than the other. Sadly, every one of these shots are obviously pre-merger, but I don't think that this indicates any more than the merger will happen next episode or sometime there after. These shots seem to be about as meaningful as the previous shots.

Thanks for posting the link, though, I had not seen these yet.

Lightmage81 225 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-18-01, 10:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lightmage81 Click to send private message to Lightmage81 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: New VidCaps Suggest No Merge"
argh!!!! this merge is giving me more headaches than I have ever known of

Bungler 497 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-16-01, 03:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bungler Click to send private message to Bungler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: New VidCaps Suggest No Merge"
They are definitely wearing different clothes than the archery challenge. All except Frank, who appears to be wearing the same thing or similar.

11-16-01, 03:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: New VidCaps Suggest No Merge"
Bungler--

Thank you for that clarification about the clothes. That narrows the possibilities.

As far as I can see, they are wearing their buffs and carrying no other supplies. That seems to suggest heading off to IC (and thus no E7 merge). I just wonder why MB would have let us see this VidCap if it was that simple.

NightScribe 761 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-16-01, 04:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NightScribe Click to send private message to NightScribe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: New VidCaps Suggest No Merge"
Well, my guess is that if MB is trying to mess with their heads, he could have them show up to what they think is a team immunity challenge, only to have them competing as individuals --their first task as a single tribe.

Wouldn't this be delicious? No one would be expecting that they would all go to tribal council, and no one would have time to regroup/strategize about who to vote for. Talk about messing up alliances!

I mean, just because they don't have their bags packed doesn't mean they won't merge at the end of the show (at IC). When the swap happened, there was no warning, so none of them had their belongings -- those were delivered to their new camps later by crew members.

Just a thought

Psssst... I was never here

MDSkinner 716 desperate attention whore postings

11-16-01, 04:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MDSkinner Click to send private message to MDSkinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: New VidCaps Suggest No Merge"
I missed that. You are right that would certainly seem to narrow the possibilities a great deal.

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-16-01, 04:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Darn it"
LAST EDITED ON 11-16-01 AT 04:07 PM (EST)

And here I was projecting a merge, when I read this:

http://www.etonline.com/mini/survivor_africa/instinct-wk6.htm
Did Carl Out Teresa?

At the launch for the new "Survivor" interactive game in New York this past week, CARL let it slip that he and TERESA had to share too-close-for-comfort sleeping arrangements on an African field trip. Carl may have dropped a clue about who goes next. Since the players voting in the final tribal council are sequestered from the others, Teresa and Carl would be likely to have the experience Carl talked about only IF she didn't make it to the final nine -- meaning she would be out next.

The guy who wrote this projects that the tribes merge and then Frank wins immunity, so Teresa gets the boot. I don't see it. Why wouldn't one of the loafers (Brandon or Kim P) go next?

Answer: because the tribes DON'T MERGE. Boran loses immunity and boots Teresa. Diane's friends holds using the simplest explanation: Teresa is gone. Damn it.

11-16-01, 04:25 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Darn it"
YES--my favored theory seems to be working out. I agree totally with AyaK that even if Frank won immunity, someone more athletic than Teresa would get the boot (KimP or Clarence I would think). As I have been repeatedly saying in many threads (it has been a topic all over the board), the ONLY way for Teresa to get the boot in E7 is for there to be NO merge in E7 and the threat of no merge in E8 (although I think in fact there will be a merge E8). Of course, a reduced jury is an outside possibility, but I don't think anyone really believes that is likely.

The information from Carl, combined with the VidCap of Clarence walking with the idol apparently to a challenge, combined with Diane's list--all seem to point to NO merge and a Teresa boot in E7. Can this week really be so easy this early? Is MB losing his touch with 2 easy picks in a row?

Stairway2Dayton 104 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-17-01, 09:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Stairway2Dayton Click to send private message to Stairway2Dayton Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Darn it"
Well, MB is in Tahiti right now. I'm sure he left a team of Mini Marks behind, but they may not have the tight reign of control as their leader.

S2D

starshyn99 174 desperate attention whore postings

11-16-01, 05:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail starshyn99 Click to send private message to starshyn99 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Darn it"
I agree with the Diane's friends theroy, but that does not mean that Clarence does not go soon. Remeber how they parted. I doubt that even if Clarence were the second person voted off that Diane would have said that they were friends. My money is still on him next because of his physical threat and his desire to eat them out of house and home. Sadly, it seems that Teresa is destioned to go soon, just not yet.

11-16-01, 05:14 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Darn it"
Star--

I do not follow your thoughts at all. There is only ONE more person that will go on safari with Carl and Diane. Starting in E8 (unless the number of jurors are reduced which seems unlikely), every single person booted with be sequestored and cannot go on the safari with Carl and Diane. So if the Carl info adn Diane's List are trues spoilers, it MUST mean Teresa goes in E7. Anyone after that would not spend any time with Carl or Diane until after production ended.

Mumbo Jumbo 270 desperate attention whore postings

11-17-01, 09:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Mumbo%20Jumbo Click to send private message to Mumbo%20Jumbo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Darn it"
zzz,

As usual, we are in agreement. There will not be a merge at episode 7, Boran loses immunity. Ethan and Mama Kim make some sort of arrangement with Clarence to keep him in the game and vote out Teresa due to lack of knowledge of the merger date. I think the merger will have to happen in episode 8 too, because of the seven member jury and the food situation.

Darn MB for not them the merger was next. Then Teresa could have been saved. She seems like a nice lady, I hope she had fun on the safari.

There are a lot of arguements that the final episodes will not wind up being old Boran pagonging the Samburus because it's too boring. The players don't really care if it's boring to the viewers. Having a huge majority and a strong alliance means they're still in the game and have a chance to win it. MB won't be able to do much manipulation besides pick ICs to favor the contestants he likes, hide information and mislead us about the real alliances, and try to stress the players to cause rifts in the group and conflict. If a football team can crush their opponent 50-0, they do it because it's the smart way to play.

Boran's a steamroller. It's just going to be a matter of figuring out who's really in charge and where the real loyalties are.

11-17-01, 02:12 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Darn it"
Mumbo--

Not much to add other than to say that I agree with you that we agree. Some people think MB is so powerful he can prevent a "boring" result. I think we can safely conclude he has no such power. I think you outlined his powers pretty well, and other than selecting challenges, the other powers are only powers to try to fool us.

I see no evidence that any member of old Boran will swith sides. Old Samburu is doomed.

Stairway2Dayton 104 desperate attention whore postings

11-17-01, 09:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Stairway2Dayton Click to send private message to Stairway2Dayton Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Darn it"
Has anyone read/heard the actual transcript from Carl's blurb? Could his comments have been misconstrued? He may have slept with Teresa for warmth the first night they were in the game, before they had fire. What exactly did he mean by "African field trip"?

Kelly and Brandon are now roommates? Where does this guy get his information?

ChipK2 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-16-01, 04:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ChipK2 Click to send private message to ChipK2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: New VidCaps Suggest No Merge"
LAST EDITED ON 11-16-01 AT 04:29 PM (EST)

Looking at the last set of vidcaps (archery comp): At the IC, Ethan was wearing a blue shirt and Teresa was wearing her Yellow boron thingy over her chest. In these vidcaps Ethan is in a tan shirt and T in a Red shirt

So this seems to support Boron walking TO something with the idol.

/edit: oops! someone already said this *grin*

11-16-01, 05:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ChipK2 Click to send private message to ChipK2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: New VidCaps Suggest No Merge"
Some comments on the vidcaps:

Is that Teresa in the first one with the elephant? Could she be the "ill" one and maybe have to withdraw or be withdrawn? Or if ill that would make her more vulnerable to be voted out. I sure thought it would be Tom who was getting ill.

KimP sure looks "perky". Is she the S3 sweetheart?

Looks like a pot of chicken soup and mKim sipping soup in the last 2. Someone suggested they make soup with the bones to extend their food supply.

mKim sure looks old standing next to Clarence.

On the 2 pictures showing the tribes walking (to a challenge or to the merge?) I only see the tribal "colors" around Brandon's and mKim's necks. What might that mean? At most other challenges they almost all wear their tribal wraps/bandana's.

11-16-01, 05:28 PM (EST)
12. "RE: New VidCaps Suggest No Merge"
Chip--

You said:
>
>Is that Teresa in the first
>one with the elephant?
>Could she be the "ill"
>one and maybe have to
>withdraw or be withdrawn?
>Or if ill that would
>make her more vulnerable to
>be voted out. I
>sure thought it would be
>Tom who was getting ill.
>
I think the answer to your question is --NO it cannot be Teresa as the sick person with the elephants.

The Zap2It descrition said:

"Meanwhile, an ill tribemember suddenly finds himself surrounded by elephants"

Notice that it says "HIMSELF", so it is a male person that is ill. That leads me to believe that the refence to being more comfortable with animals in the CBS preview is actually sarcastic and really refers to this sick man-elephant encounter. My best guess is that it will be Tom (but it could be others--but cannot be Teresa or a female).

You also wrote:
>
>On the 2 pictures showing the
>tribes walking (to a challenge
>or to the merge?)
>I only see the tribal
>"colors" around Brandon's and mKim's
>necks. What might that mean?
> At most other challenges
>they almost all wear their
>tribal wraps/bandana's.

First, I think you mean Clarence and not Brandon. Second, it is hard to tell with the others because they are further back. They very well could have the buffs wrapped around their wrists that cannot be seen in the picture.

Rose Red 419 desperate attention whore postings

11-16-01, 06:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rose%20Red Click to send private message to Rose%20Red Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: New VidCaps Suggest No Merge"
Poor Teresa! She can't win for losing, after everything she went through with the Mallrats and now looking like she's the next to go according to Diane's Magic Blurting List and Carl's big mouth...Well, he does have a big mouth for sure, but he could be sued for that big mouth by CBS. They haven't made a federal case out of all this spoilers slipping and slopping out all over the place. The drama of this next episode seems to be "Merge/No Merge?" Maybe there isn't going to be a Merge like in the old sense. Maybe this tribes stay separated til they are four each or three each and THEN they merge. MB REALLY wants to stir things up this season, and anything like that is possible, but it sure looks like there is no merge in sight from these Vid Caps, and also,none of these people look like happy campers to me. They all seemed stressed at this point.

Teresa would ONLY be going, yes, you're right if there was no merge. It would be Clarence, or someone strong going.

However, the three big things against this theory are that
1. Teresa has had the least amount of face time of any previous bootee. I was sure they were gonna focus on her this week, and they didn't. On Boron it was the Clarence and the Chickens Show.
In terms of pre-bootee face time, it would appear that the Chicken dance was Clarence's swan song.
2.Diane also listed Clarence as a friend.
3. MB may be misleading us with all these clues making everyone think it's Teresa, when actually it's the Chicken Man himself- Clarence.

MB could keep the tribes in their present configurations until snow falls on the savannah or hell freezes over, whichever happens first. It also really keep things SHAKEN up. And makes the game new. The HUGE Boron majority, which we have to think of as now including Teresa and Frank, picking off the two little Sambooboos left, well, that all is a little obvious and MB's least favorite word - "predictable." He wants to keep everyone on their toes, and us, the audience, too guessing. He doesn't want anyone to feel relaxed or complacent about this.

But all the signs point to something up at Boron this week, not Sambooboo. All the clues point to the B-Team. And that probably means another tribal council for them this week.

But what happens if there is no merge til WAY later? Well, if they don't merge after the recrap, and the Boron four(minus Teresa)will FOR SURE axe big-eater Clarence. That leaves Ethan, Kim Jay and Frank on one side.

And over yonder hill, the Sambooboos will ditch Brandon, and then Kim, since there they(L/T/K) have a clear majority. So the remaining six players, all the old Boron -Lex, Ethan, Tom, Kelly, Mama Kim and the new Boron Frank, will all reunite at six. Is this more interesting television than watching one strong guy win ALL the immunity challenges for weeks and weeks and weeks, like Colby did? I think it actually might be considered that by CBS and MB.
What does everyone else think?

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings

11-17-01, 02:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: New VidCaps Suggest No Merge"
Anything would be more interesting than watching Colby winning challenge after challenge after challenge after....

Also, many "normal" viewers like my husband--as opposed to the hopeless fanatics on this Board--now perceive the former Boran as Samburu tribe members. After merge these viewers will still see two tribes, and the Pagonging will not be so blatant. For these viewers the switch worked, the reconstituted tribes are real. (F & T have bonded with K/E/C. L told B he kinda likes him, nothing personal in the vote, etc.) In this way, the twist was a brilliant move by MB to disguise the Pagonging that seems inevitable. A delayed-as-long-as-possible merge helps this perception too.

And like you, I think MB has another trick up his sleeve. And when they do finally merge, whenever that may happen, the Borans may find shifty ground where they thought they had solid alliances. Things do change with time & poor communication.

Swami

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

11-16-01, 08:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: New VidCaps Suggest No Merge"
It looks to me like they are going to another team IC. Clarence is carrying the idol in the Boran photo. And Lindsey is missing from the Samburu photo. She would still be there if they were walking back from the archery challenge. This does seem to point to no merge until one more person is voted out. Only jury members may make the merge this time. And that does make more sense with Teresa possibly being booted.

heresy 94 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-17-01, 04:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail heresy Click to send private message to heresy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: New VidCaps Suggest No Merge"
LAST EDITED ON 11-17-01 AT 04:12 AM (EST)

In both S1 and S2, a member of the tribe that last won immunity dropped off the idol when they got to the first individual IC. Jeff then talks about the rules for individual immunity, and how you now want the necklace.

Unless this picture is AFTER the IC, and Boran has won immunity, there doesn't seem to be any spoiler information here.

Edited to fix spelling errors...

11-17-01, 11:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rose%20Red Click to send private message to Rose%20Red Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: New VidCaps Suggest No Merge"
So they are all walking TO THE MERGE?!? Carrying the immunity idol to return it. This could be right. Only wouldn't they be bringing all their packbacks and stuff? It looks like IC clothes to me. If they are walking to the merge, then maybe that's why we don't have an challenge vidcaps. They are trying to hide the fact that there is a scheduled merge ON TIME. Just to create some kind of suspense or interest before the Pagonging begins. I seem to remember that when they merged the last time, there was a big food and wine celebration on their new(and soon to be flooded) beach camp. There was no IC. Maybe they are moving into those huts we've seen around the TC area. They do now have to live as one, after the merge. IF there is a merge.

11-17-01, 12:01 PM (EST)
20. "RE: New VidCaps Suggest No Merge"

>I seem to remember that
>when they merged the last
>time, there was a big
>food and wine celebration on
>their new(and soon to be
>flooded) beach camp. There was
>no IC.

Whoops! Sorry! I meant to say "there was no RC"!! There was no reward challenge on that show. The reward was the Merge party.WHich is when Tina uttered those famous lines "I've never had wine before, but I'm gonna have some now." It was then I realized I couldn't beleive a WORD this woman said.

heresy 94 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-18-01, 12:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail heresy Click to send private message to heresy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: New VidCaps Suggest No Merge"
Not to the merge, to the first immunity challenge. Since this is a challenge, they are not carrying packs and are wearing their challenge clothing.

Did anyone catch the color of their buffs??? That would be the spoiler. If they are still wearing their old colors, there is no merge this week -- the merge happens before the IC, and the team would be wearing the new combined tribal colors if there's a merge!

11-18-01, 01:23 PM (EST)
25. "RE: New VidCaps Suggest No Merge"
>Not to the merge, to the
>first immunity challenge. Since
>this is a challenge, they
>are not carrying packs and
>are wearing their challenge clothing.
>
>
>Did anyone catch the color of
>their buffs??? That would
>be the spoiler. If
>they are still wearing their
>old colors, there is no
>merge this week -- the
>merge happens before the IC,
>and the team would be
>wearing the new combined tribal
>colors if there's a merge!
>
If you look closely at the picture (click the link at the top of this page), although a little fuzzy, it seems pretty clear that KimJ is wearing a YELLOW buff (old tribal color). Even without this information, you can be certain this picture is pre-merge because only Boran people are present. If the merge occurred and then they were walking to IC and told to bring the idol, even though Clarence might be the one carrying the idol, everyone would be walking together. There would be NO reason after the merge for Boran to walk to the IC separately with Samburu nowhere in site. It just would not work that way.

The only other explanation I can think of is that the merge will only be announced at IC. In other words, they walk to IC not knowing whether the merge will take place. When they get to IC, JP takes the idol and all the buffs, gives them the new tribal colored buff and has an individual immunity competition. While this scenario is possible, it does not seem likely to me. Normally MB gets them all together before the first post-merge IC so that they have a chance to all get to know each other. There are still people, even with the twist, that have not really met each other. It would be strange and kind of pointless to merge only at IC.

While some people have speculated that this type of merge at IC would be done the throw off strategizing, I think there would be plenty of time between IC and TC to strategize, so I don't see this as being a reason to merge at IC.

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings

11-18-01, 02:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: New VidCaps Suggest No Merge"
These VidCaps do not include the vidcap Bungler posted of the dust devil. When we first saw this dust devil, it blew into Samburu & knocked over the immunity idol. Linda was talking about 'don't disrespect Mother Africa' (I forget her exact words) but it seemed like a combination prophecy/curse the way she uttered it. This was the beginning of the end for the Samburu. They lost the next two ICs, ousting Carl & Linda & destroying their OFA; MB did the twist thing, and their GXA lost Silas then Lindsey.

If the dust devil whirlwind is back, is this a hint that original Samburu will continue its decline? (I.e., Teresa?) Will current Samburu lose IC yet again? Does it presage another 'twist'? I admit, it is a cool piece of video and maybe was used for just that reason, but MB seems to have layers of reasons for everything he does. Why is the dust devil the first visual in that preview?

Swami

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

11-18-01, 03:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "Teresa Boot at Merge"
I've explored this from every angle I could think of, if the merge happens in E7 there is only one scenario in which I can envision Teresa being booted:

Clarence wins IC, Old Boran logically won't vote off anyone else from Old Boran, Teresa selected as sympathetic vote-off for reasons of illness or injury insufficient for evacuation but drastic enough that other players will do the humane thing as opposed to what would be more strategically sensible.

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few miserable individuals might linger, but even these in a year or two would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

evilj9 29 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-19-01, 11:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail evilj9 Click to send private message to evilj9 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "JUST A THOUGHT"
Forgive me if this idea has been posted and discussed elsewhere. . .

Everyone seems to be going on about merge/no merge, number of people on the juries, and if the tribal loyalties will remain after the merge.

What if instead of a merge, the tribes stay in two camps until it is necessary (when there are only two left in any one camp)? They could continue with the challenges as they did in S1 and S2, with individual immunity given, but instead of everyone being in one camp,the go back to their own camps.

This would shake up the alliances to some extent, as there wouldn't be much time to discuss who should get the boot (there isn't much mingling at RC and IC). It would also cause a camp to be less likely to boot a stronger player as it would cause them more work.

This scenario would justify the same number of people on the jury, and still utilize the individual immunity/reward challeges. It would also cover any potential "game fixing" allegations.

Any thoughts?

As Always, In Evil, J9

11-19-01, 12:51 PM (EST)
29. "RE: JUST A THOUGHT"
You scenario doesn't provide the chance for the "jury" to get to know the other players who are in the other camp. Everyone deserves the chance to piss of the jury members *grin*

11-19-01, 12:55 PM (EST)
30. "RE: JUST A THOUGHT"
>Everyone deserves the
>chance to piss of the
>jury members *grin*

You wrote "piss of the jury members."

I think this was a typo. Did you mean piss "off" the jury members or piss "on" the jury members?

Just wondering *grin*.

evilj9 29 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-19-01, 12:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail evilj9 Click to send private message to evilj9 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: JUST A THOUGHT"
duh. guess i didn't think about that one. even with the swap of players, there are still people who haven't interacted with each other.

damn. i thought i might be on to some of MB's madness.

As Always, in Evil, J9

TODDLJ 421 desperate attention whore postings

11-20-01, 05:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TODDLJ Click to send private message to TODDLJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: New VidCaps Suggest No Merge"
Just bumping this because it seems like people have forgotten it.

There will definitely not be a merge until after TC this week. These caps prove it.

We really need to assume no merge before TC in all of our theorizing about bootee this week.

11-20-01, 05:30 PM (EST)
33. "RE: New VidCaps Suggest No Merge"
todd--

I agree that there probably will not be a merge in E7, but we cannot say definitely. It may be that when they get to IC they are told--OK, surprise, this is an individual immunity, once this challenge is over we will merge to our new campsite.

I agree that there does not seem to be any point to do this--other than to mess with their heads (or possibly to stop old Boran from strategizing if they are kept separated until after they go to TC). But it is possible.

I think the rumors about Teresa going are actually very good support as well because her boot would be viturally impossible if there were a merged TC in E7.

NightScribe 761 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-20-01, 05:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NightScribe Click to send private message to NightScribe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: New VidCaps Suggest No Merge"
No, we cannot say that there is definitely no merge next episode. In fact, with the lengths MB has gone to in order to break up alliances and shatter "assumptions" about the game, it would be in perfect order to raise questions about the merge and spring it on them just when they think they have it figured out.

It's a wild theory, I admit, but I still haven't seen "all alliances and friendships" shattered as promised. So in order for MB to shake up the post-merge Pagoning (and sagging ratings) he needs to pull out another big surprise. Springing the merge on them at the IC would do just that. We'll see what happens, but if there isn't a merge by episode's end, I believe we're all going to feel let down in the long run. Delaying the merge one or two episodes isn't going to stop the dominance of the Boran tribe since they have the majority in both Samburu and Boran.

zzz, you said I think the rumors about Teresa going are actually very good support as well because her boot would be viturally impossible if there were a merged TC in E7.

Rumors are never good support for any analysis -- they're just that, rumors. We don't have any evidence that would suggest a Theresa boot except Diane's friend list. There are more possibilities for the next bootee than T-bird.

Psssst... I was never here

TODDLJ 421 desperate attention whore postings

11-20-01, 06:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TODDLJ Click to send private message to TODDLJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: New VidCaps Suggest No Merge"
LAST EDITED ON 11-20-01 AT 06:05 PM (EST)

Okay, point taken. One should never say 'never' or 'always.'

Let me rephrase.

I think the Clarence Carrying Idol vidcaps VERY STRONGLY (99.999%) suggests no merge before IC. I doubt they could all get together, bond, then be split up just to walk to IC. But, as you say, anything's possible.

Merge during IC is still possible, but seems HIGHLY unlikely. There are only a couple hours between IC and TC. A merge at IC would give the newly merged tribe no chance to get together, strategize, bond, etc. before voting. If MB wants cross-tribal alliances, new alliances, etc... a merge at IC would pretty much make sure that didn't happen, as there would be no time for forming new bonds, and so the voting would certainly be along old tribal lines. Old Boran would just discuss who to vote for while walking to TC, and it'd be over.

I still think the odds of a merge this week are slim to none, but anything's possible.

edited to add: By the way, if the merge happens at the end of the episode, after a Boran or Samburu TC, it would still mean the merge happened 'during episode seven' as promised in the website FAQ.

11-20-01, 06:04 PM (EST)
36. "RE: New VidCaps Suggest No Merge"
night--

Have you forgotten about the Carl slip? In addition, the Diane list has proven itself to be a pretty good spoiler. So while it is not iron clad that Teresa goes, we have pretty good independent spoilers of the kind that have been reliable in the past. These sorts of friends of a booted member have been reliable time and again (or at least both Deb's and Diane's lists have proven valuable--as well as the Alicia/Jerri friendship).

As far as the merge not occurring, we have the photo that is pretty good evidence if it happens it is not until after they get to IC. No one has given me a very good explanation why they would do it this way.

You put all of it together and it is all consistent with 1 theory and 1 theory only--Teresa is booted and no merge in E7. Now of course, the Teresa rumors may be false. Of course there may be a merge announced at IC. We don't have any proof that these things don't happen. But we have pretty good "evidence" of the opposite.

Lightmage81 225 desperate attention whore postings

11-20-01, 08:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lightmage81 Click to send private message to Lightmage81 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: New VidCaps Suggest No Merge"
Here's a radical idea....

perhaps the shot of clarence carrying the idol is not an IC...

maybe the tribes were summoned to some Tribal Summit to decide on the merge name,site etc......

MC_Hampster 105 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-01, 10:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MC_Hampster Click to send private message to MC_Hampster Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: New VidCaps Suggest No Merge"
This idea has already been discussed. The problem that most people had with it is that they are not carrying any of there stuff.

Of course, they could just be meeting to decide what you are talking about and then they will go back to camp to get their stuff, but that seems a bit awkward.

-MC

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-01, 11:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "Here's a thought"
LAST EDITED ON 11-21-01 AT 12:59 PM (EST)

Edited to give credit to Nightscribe, Krautboy, and whoever else beat me to this on other threads; this has been such a week of confusion thanks to MB. I think MB wants people to think there will be another team immunity challenge this week.

Putting together some of the ideas presented here already.

In the shot of Boran with Clarence carrying the idol, they are dressed more warmly than usual for a mid-day challenge, they also aren't carrying any provisions or moving camp. This strongly suggests no merge which would mean MB is really messing with the players heads this time, and ours as well in case you hadn't noticed. So, if the suggestion that there is a surprise merge at IC with IC being individual competition then all of them straight to TC, there is little time for backstabbing confabbing etcetera, Old Boran has numerical superiority but no chance to compare notes. Frank wins immunity, the New Samburus uniformly vote out Teresa, New Boran votes divided between Clarence and Brandon.

Oh, it would also mean there would be one last group RC competition, possibly Boran wins this and a surprise part of the reward at IC turns out to be they don't have to move, Samburu shows up at IC with personal provisions having had to abandon the rest of the supplies in the Samburu camp.

Will there be a dinner tonight? Hm, don't know how to fit that in.

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few miserable individuals might linger, but even these in a year or two would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •