The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"It's Talk Like Markus Day!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Apprentice General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-04-05, 06:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"It's Talk Like Markus Day!"
Everybody here -- to honor... the spirit of the inventor... you know, he must have invented some stuff and we never found out what it was, so maybe -- well, it's not like there's much of a market for the six-hundred-word sentence -- plus they're hard... so hard... to carry... but we had a topic and the topic was Markus -- poor, railroaded Markus -- who wasn't tied to the tracks -- so sad -- and we should honor him, really we should, by -- what was I talking about again -- oh, right, Markus -- and talking -- something about talking and talking and talking and never actually getting anywhere -- if I had another fifty thousand words, I'm sure I could pin it down eventually... how much time do we have?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: It's Talk Like Markus Day! Oscirus 11-04-05 1
 Question mrc 11-04-05 2
 RE: It's Talk Like Markus Day! CouchTater 11-04-05 3
   RE: It's Talk Like Markus Day! Silvergirl1 11-06-05 23
 RE: It's Talk Like Markus Day! JessicaRN 11-04-05 4
   RE: It's Talk Like Markus Day! Estee 11-04-05 5
   RE: It's Talk Like Markus Day! Oscirus 11-04-05 6
       RE: It's Talk Like Markus Day! Estee 11-04-05 7
           RE: It's Talk Like Markus Day! CouchTater 11-04-05 8
               RE: It's Talk Like Markus Day! Oscirus 11-04-05 9
               RE: It's Talk Like Markus Day! Reeflex7 11-04-05 10
 RE: It's Talk Like Markus Day! ginger 11-04-05 11
   RE: It's Talk Like Markus Day! JessicaRN 11-04-05 12
 RE: It's Talk Like Markus Day! Angelfood 11-04-05 13
 RE: It's Talk Like Markus Day! Tough Cookie 11-04-05 14
   RE: It's Talk Like Markus Day! JoshInSGV 11-04-05 15
 RE: It's Talk Like Markus Day! weltek 11-04-05 16
 RE: It's Talk Like Markus Day! RonReports 11-04-05 17
   RE: It's Talk Like Markus Day! Wacko Jacko 11-04-05 18
       RE: It's Talk Like Markus Day! JoshInSGV 11-04-05 19
           RE: It's Talk Like Markus Day! Dr Zaius 11-04-05 21
 RE: It's Talk Like Markus Day! realityfreek 11-04-05 20
 RE: It's Talk Like Markus Day! ochooker 11-05-05 22
 RE: It's Talk Like Markus Day! EnfanTerrible 11-07-05 24
   RE: It's Talk Like Markus Day! DrKegel 11-09-05 25
       RE: It's Talk Like Markus Day! EnfanTerrible 11-18-05 26

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Oscirus 1596 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

11-04-05, 08:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Oscirus Click to send private message to Oscirus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: It's Talk Like Markus Day!"
WHat do you mean talk like markus? Are you trying to say talk too much or too little or make no sense or are you maybe trying to railroad me with that question because Im not really understanding your point eeven though im awesome and this whole board is against me I still am not getting what you are trying to say waitt is that a yoy cool anyway what was I saying this task is totally set up for me to fail you are just trying to blame me if it goes all awry but Im the teflon don and I will not hey where is everybody going?

Thank you for giving me honor in hat form.

mrc 10113 desperate attention whore postings

11-04-05, 08:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Question"
Well, there's this time continuum, see, and if you hop on a skateboard, you'll see a watch with hands, kind of like Mr. Potato Head. Buzz and Woody were great. The hair, particularly, is voluminous. Spray. At which point I said, "Why bother?" So I did. And they sucked big ones.

This posts makes as much sense as:

A. A post from the AI boards.
B. One of mrc's regular posts.
C. A paragraph written by a 5-year-old.
D. Both A and C.
E. Markus' thoughts as he flips channels.

Bonus: If E, what movies does this paragraph refer to?

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

CouchTater 1046 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-04-05, 09:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CouchTater Click to send private message to CouchTater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: It's Talk Like Markus Day!"
Well, I'd like to say that I contributed a lot. I mean you know when Adam asked me I told them I have an idea but when we were in the hallway I was contributing. I don't understand, I mean I talk very well you know, in contributing, and Adam was keeping me off to the side, it's not my fault. I was really a railroad, Mr. Trump, I mean I get straight to the point and I don't understand, really I don't believe you when you say good luck, Ok, but it was me who said that the Lamborghini should be jealous and no one else. It was my job to create the assessment of the quality of the class we presented last night and I think I did a, well you know It was me who was the coach standing on the side, yeah that was my job on this task. And if I say so myself, I did an excellent job.

Silvergirl1 9342 desperate attention whore postings

11-06-05, 03:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Silvergirl1 Click to send private message to Silvergirl1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: It's Talk Like Markus Day!"

You sound type like he talks, LOL! It sounds like he's on drugs, or he really needs to be on some type of meds.

Handcrafted by RollDdice 2005

Marcus, is that really you? Swim with me

JessicaRN 1112 desperate attention whore postings

11-04-05, 09:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: It's Talk Like Markus Day!"
Supposedly Donald hand picked all of the applicants this season, but you have to wonder how Marcus made it as far as he did. How could he possibly pass any interview? Actually, how could he possibly do anything because he can't get to the point. Even inventing would have to have a direct route and plan and he seems incapable of this. Don't you wonder if he has a wife? children? friends?

11-04-05, 09:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: It's Talk Like Markus Day!"
children?

That's almost an invitation to make tomorrow 'Have Sex Like Markus Day!', but it's almost a self-answering question. To keep it under the limit: either way, he'd eventually have to finish...

11-04-05, 10:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Oscirus Click to send private message to Oscirus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: It's Talk Like Markus Day!"
All but one, I'nm thinking that Marcus was the one that trump didn't pick.

11-04-05, 10:17 AM (EST)
7. "RE: It's Talk Like Markus Day!"
Last night, I thought it was Clay -- but that was based on Donald not knowing his orientation. Or pretending not to so he could set up his spaghetti metaphor, which I'm convinced is the reason Clay slammed the suite door open.

That's the one piece of information I really want to see come out in the finale: which contestant did Donald not personally cast?

CouchTater 1046 desperate attention whore postings

11-04-05, 10:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CouchTater Click to send private message to CouchTater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: It's Talk Like Markus Day!"
Sorry, but what was the spaghetti metaphor? I've forgotten already.

I thought that Clay slammed the door open because everyone turned on him.

11-04-05, 10:24 AM (EST)
9. "RE: It's Talk Like Markus Day!"
Trump compared being gay to going to a restaurant, he likes Steak while some people like sphaghetti.

I think Trump knew all about Clay and that he was messing with clay to show hime how it feels to be on the receiving end of discriminatory comments.

Reeflex7 187 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-04-05, 10:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Reeflex7 Click to send private message to Reeflex7 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: It's Talk Like Markus Day!"
When Clay & Adam got into the elevator Clay said to him "don't talk to me". Clay was clearly ticked at Adam, probably for bringing up the Jew comment in the boardroom.

And I cringed at the spaghetti metaphor, which didn't work and added nothing to the discussion except to give Trump a chance to (sarcasm on) dazzle us with his rapier wit (sarcasm off).

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

11-04-05, 12:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: It's Talk Like Markus Day!"
You know, Estee, I have always, you know. Well it seems to me, Estee, when I, you know, I always. Well you know.

JessicaRN 1112 desperate attention whore postings

11-04-05, 01:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: It's Talk Like Markus Day!"
Wouldn't it be fascinating & frightening to be able to read Markus' mind? It makes you wonder how a person can function with a thought process like that. I thought it was funny when Clay basically told the women that you couldn't rush him or make him listen to rules. Does anyone know if he has a college education? I'm not sure he has book smarts or street smarts.

Angelfood 2114 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

11-04-05, 01:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Angelfood Click to send private message to Angelfood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: It's Talk Like Markus Day!"

Fave quotes:
"If nobody comes back, it'll be kinda like a black hole."
"Now, i'm not done, I'm close to being done."

Tough Cookie 256 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-04-05, 02:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tough%20Cookie Click to send private message to Tough%20Cookie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: It's Talk Like Markus Day!"
Markus: rope, rope, rope, rope, rope, rope, rope, rope, rope, rope, rope, rope, rope, rope, rope, rope, rope, rope, rope, rope, rope, rope, rope, rope, rope, rope, rope, rope, rope, rope, rope, rope, rope.

Oh look he hung himself.

Siggie Courtesy of tribelphyl!
And that's the way the cookie crumbles

JoshInSGV 737 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-04-05, 02:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JoshInSGV Click to send private message to JoshInSGV Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: It's Talk Like Markus Day!"
Markus suffers from a very rare condition called Diarrhea of the Mouth.

Do you guys remember that Craig, from season 3, suffered from a similar ailment? How do these morons make it past the casting interviews?? It boggles my mind.

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

11-04-05, 03:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: It's Talk Like Markus Day!"
You see, I wasn't going to watch--this season--it's it's--all stale, but, you see, it might have potential--and I'd want to know...see, if it really had potential. If I was missing anything--I'd really want to know. Wouldn't you?? And then I saw nothing happening--but talking--a lot of it--Carolyn's hair is getting longer. But Markus..was distracting...I said to Chris...who is my husband...there's only one freak on here--it seems. But I digress...

RonReports 218 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-04-05, 04:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RonReports Click to send private message to RonReports Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: It's Talk Like Markus Day!"
Marcus should be remembered for the final words that he spoke in his final taxi ride: "Yuh know, yuh know, yuh know, uh, I speak intelligently."

Wacko Jacko 2438 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

11-04-05, 04:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: It's Talk Like Markus Day!"
Don't you think that Marcus's taxicab rid was edited to make him look like a dufus? Words seemed to flow with The other contestents in the past in the cab ride. You don't think that they were given multiple takes. With markus they left his screw ups in their to have him fit right into the way they editted him.

JoshInSGV 737 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-04-05, 04:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JoshInSGV Click to send private message to JoshInSGV Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: It's Talk Like Markus Day!"
I dont think its the editing. I actually do think that Markus is a mumbling idiot, just as he's been depicted on the show. Since the first episode, Markus demonstrated to have very limited communication skills. Had the men lost the first task, Markus would have been the first one to be fired. Unfortunatelly, Kristi lead her team to failure and Melissa was a bigger nuisance that week and was lynched by the coven... I mean fired by Trump. =)

Dr Zaius 37 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-04-05, 07:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dr%20Zaius Click to send private message to Dr%20Zaius Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: It's Talk Like Markus Day!"
Marcus made himself look like an idiot. Just watch the single shot of him in the taxi when it doesn't cut. He can't construct a meaningful sentence.

realityfreek 116 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-04-05, 05:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail realityfreek Click to send private message to realityfreek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: It's Talk Like Markus Day!"
In an article I ran across today states that Markus has called DT out to a public debate. To prove that ya know that he can ya know speak about stuff..oh ya know.

Article at realityblurred.

ochooker 96 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-05-05, 03:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ochooker Click to send private message to ochooker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: It's Talk Like Markus Day!"
How can I, with this many highlights, dubious side part, orange tanned glow.....even have TIME to worry about little nuancies such as forming legible sentences, sweeping floors, ordering food?? Like, duh! This is the Apprentice, not Americas top model....Im supposed to be here to look my best- not to focus on proving my intelligence or inner strengths! If I was that kind of genius Id be over on Tyra's show already- Duh!!

EnfanTerrible 1239 desperate attention whore postings

11-07-05, 11:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail EnfanTerrible Click to send private message to EnfanTerrible Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: It's Talk Like Markus Day!"
Okay, it's like, from the standpoint of, if you were thinkng kind of along the lines of, well, let's put it this way. Okay? So. One one hand, I was just imagining that the concept of the visualization, in its idealized sense, because idealism is, well, it is an abstraction, and my approach, if I may be so bold, because boldness is not an aberration. Thank you.

DrKegel 430 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-09-05, 02:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DrKegel Click to send private message to DrKegel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: It's Talk Like Markus Day!"

That's the point. Everbody wants to be me, but when I try to ... then ... well, I am railroaded. And you know what I mean when I say that.

From the standpoint of work, no one can say I didn't contribute. But my mind doesn't work that way. You say, "Why the hell can't you light a match?" But I say, "Smooth as silk," and I'm sure people will back me on this. When I was in Spain, I learned from an old matador how to cut my steak. For it's not in the chewing, but when you are set upon by these spontaneous functions of interaction, well, then you have something I just can't boogie with.

I'm me. Glory in it and those that don't understand where I am or what direction is north, what am I supposed to say to that? "My fortune is me and my worth," is my motto. I can't defend what isn't there to defend or pretend to see things that aren't there. And I'm being perfectly honest when I say that to people who are clearly not impressed by their best interests in saying that.

EnfanTerrible 1239 desperate attention whore postings

11-18-05, 04:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EnfanTerrible Click to send private message to EnfanTerrible Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: It's Talk Like Markus Day!"
It has been a railroad from the beginning, sir.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •