The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"A SPOILER OUT OF CANADA AND THE RECAP"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Rose Red 419 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-15-01, 10:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rose%20Red Click to send private message to Rose%20Red Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"A SPOILER OUT OF CANADA AND THE RECAP"
A little bird from the North just told me that in the Canadian promo of tonight's show, the "quiet" conversation that is overheard, is between Brandon and Lindsey, in which Lindsey - "very loudly"- says to Brandon "BUT YOU ALREADY HAVE A VOTE!" and Kelly, in the background, eavesdropping, hear's this, and smiles. This was not shown in the US to my knowledge, and if Kelly falls for this, and relays it to the Ole Boron, they really may pick Brandon, the WRONG person to vote for at TC, and then a Boronian is a gone-ian in the inevitable a tie-breaker. The Boron have NEVER experienced anything like a tie-breaker, remember, and may not be ready for it. So one of the Boron goes. I think it may be little Miss Nelly Kelly's ba bye, since after seeing this clip(or rather hearing about it), the Samsonsites may think she's a snitch and can't be trusted, and has no real physical strength either, and they'd be right.

This would also explain next week's teaser of "former power players" feeling out of it in the new world they're in.(Again, I'm paraphrasing here, not having the CBS promos actual lines.) So this means that it's Tom and Lex feeling this way. Not, as I had guessed before, the Mawlers.

Also, the dreaded recap - AGAIN! UGH! However, I think this signals the merge is at the end of the NEXT episode, when it's nine. They wouldn't put a huge pause in like this with the merge still not happening. They would be bleeding viewers like crazy. I'm surprised they are doing this during the November sweeps. During a recap, the ratings drop EVEN MORE. This makes it - a "Tune back in to see what the post-merge politics are like." If they showed us that before the Recap Break, we'd probably already know who aligns with who, at the Great Reunification of nearly ALL the Borons and therefore the end game of the show. Like it's a surprise, already. With the addition of Frank and Teresa, there may actually be MORE Borons than there were BEFORE the switch. Hee-hee.

Also, watch for whoever gets the most reconstituted image make-over in the recap(if you can stand to watch it all). Jerri did last year. She sang that godawful Fiona Apple number and ruined her "career" forever in nightclubs and musical comedies, and then was booted out immediately after the show went back on track. We may see the same thing happening to the Linzer Tart. WHO STILL MAY BE THERE!*shudder* Does she get a musical number, too?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 As much as I don't want to...... MDSkinner 11-15-01 1
   Disagree AyaK 11-15-01 6
       RE: Disagree zzz 11-15-01 7
       RE: Disagree MDSkinner 11-15-01 8
 RE: A SPOILER OUT OF CANADA AND TH... Ogachu 11-15-01 2
 Sweeps AyaK 11-15-01 3
   RE: Sweeps Survivorchick 11-15-01 10
   Copycat Outfrontgirl 11-15-01 12
 RE: A SPOILER OUT OF CANADA AND TH... anotherkim 11-15-01 4
   RE: A SPOILER OUT OF CANADA AND TH... Rose Red 11-15-01 9
 RE: A SPOILER OUT OF CANADA AND TH... Krautboy 11-15-01 5
 RE: A SPOILER OUT OF CANADA AND TH... Swetdawg 11-15-01 11
 RE: A SPOILER OUT OF CANADA AND TH... Outfrontgirl 11-15-01 13
   RE: A SPOILER OUT OF CANADA AND TH... MDSkinner 11-15-01 14
       LINDSEY INJURY WISH LIST Rose Red 11-15-01 16
   RE: A SPOILER OUT OF CANADA AND TH... Outfrontgirl 11-15-01 15
   Words, words dangerkitty 11-15-01 21
 "But you already have a vote!" Bungler 11-15-01 17
   RE: "But you already have a vote!" Rose Red 11-15-01 18
 Early Show today Outfrontgirl 11-15-01 19
   RE: Early Show today Rose Red 11-15-01 20
       RE: hotel runningchicken 11-16-01 22

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

MDSkinner 716 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-15-01, 10:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MDSkinner Click to send private message to MDSkinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "As much as I don't want to......"
I could definitely see this as a possibility. All week I have been thinking that Lex, Kelly and Tom were smart enough not to fall for the Rats scheming in trying to get them to vote for either Brandon or Kim, but always thought it was possible. This seems like the most likely way that they would be able to get them to think it. But we will have to wait and see.

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-15-01, 10:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Disagree"
But ... if the ex-Boran fell for this, why would Alicia say in her preview of E7 that she was impressed with how Lex and Ethan were handling things? Instead, she'd think that Lex had been hornswaggled!

zzz 703 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-01, 11:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Disagree"
You are assuming Alicia was able to see E6 before writing her preview of E7. I highly doubt she did. She was clearly given "inside information" about the twist. But I see no reason to believe she sees the episode ahead of the general public.

11-15-01, 12:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MDSkinner Click to send private message to MDSkinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Disagree"
I guess, I am not really sure that Alicia's saying that she is impressed with how Lex and Ethan are handling things disputes this possibility. It could very well mean that she is impressed with how Lex is handling getting hornswaggled. Maybe that means that after he gets jacked around this week that he is able to bounce back and handle himself well in a pretty poor situation.

Ogachu 58 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-15-01, 10:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ogachu Click to send private message to Ogachu Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: A SPOILER OUT OF CANADA AND THE RECAP"
The Boran's have never seen a tie-breaker but there have been comments from the Boran, especially Lex about how they've read their survival manuals and they know the risks and what to expect, blah blah blah. That could prove to be a major advantage if the tie-breaker is the same question/answer scenario.

"Your big country ass is climbing a palm tree in the middle of Africa, you realize that, don’t you?" -- Clarence / S3

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-01, 10:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Sweeps"
>I'm surprised they are doing this during the November
>sweeps. During a recap, the ratings drop EVEN MORE. This
>makes it - a "Tune back in to see what
>the post-merge politics are like."

Actually, the November sweeps end on Nov. 28 ... and the recap is scheduled to run on Nov. 29. Thus, the recap DOES NOT occur during the sweeps.

Please note that once again, MB is stealing from BlowsVivor ... BV did the recap after E7, to set the stage before the jury was selected; MB did it after E8 in S2, apparently to maximize Jerri's 15 minutes of infamy.

Survivorchick 1161 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-15-01, 01:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Survivorchick Click to send private message to Survivorchick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Sweeps"
Hmmm...evidence that MB reviews this website regularily.

Survivorchick

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-01, 03:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Copycat"
ROFLMAO AyaK--You busted Burnett for plagiarism.

>>Please note that once again, MB is stealing from BlowsVivor ... BV did the recap after E7, to set the stage before the jury was selected.

For those who haven't read it, our own AyaK wrote that recap episode and it was no snooze; a brilliant and bitingly funny job, which exposed intricate behind the scenes maneuvering that no one had suspected. If only we could look forward to such revelations from Burnett's Ep. 7.5!

Now if only Burnett had borrowed from Shakes' casting methods and included three Spoilers... that would be interesting.

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-01, 10:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: A SPOILER OUT OF CANADA AND THE RECAP"
Hmmmm.

Just remember, though, that Kelly could be smiling at the thought of them thinking that they were being sly. That preview explains why quiet is in quotation marks, though. Hmmmmmmm.

I am PRAYING that they aren't too silly to fall for that ploy. They have to see that Lindsey would just be a horrid person to be with and must have some votes.

Also,if they analyze it, surely they also see that chances are good that at least two Samburus have votes--do they know that Silas had votes or is that still secret?

11-15-01, 12:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rose%20Red Click to send private message to Rose%20Red Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: A SPOILER OUT OF CANADA AND THE RECAP"
>Hmmmm.
>
>Just remember, though, that Kelly could
>be smiling at the thought
>of them thinking that they
>were being sly. That preview
>explains why quiet is in
>quotation marks, though. Hmmmmmmm.
>
>I am PRAYING that they aren't
>too silly to fall for
>that ploy. They have to
>see that Lindsey would just
>be a horrid person to
>be with and must have
>some votes.
>
>Also,if they analyze it, surely they
>also see that chances are
>good that at least two
>Samburus have votes--do they know
>that Silas had votes or
>is that still secret?

Yes, Kim, they don't know about Silas' votes. They meaning the Old Boron/New Sambooboo. They also won't know about Silas' ejection til the RC, just as the mawler/bawlers won't. That's gonna be some RC, with all the shocked Sambooboobs reaction shots! I hope the scenario I detailed DOES NOT play out. The Borons, new and old, are the good guys now, and the Beadie Babies the bad. We want them all to go DOWN! But you know how MB likes drama. This serving the irritating Linzer Tart's head to us on a platter this week, it is just is too obvious. She's the new Jerri, and remember how week after week he played out Jerri's going. This national torture went on for what seemed like forever. We can only hope Lindsey's hospitalization is the final grand finale of next week's Thanksgiving Episode, when the Masai capture her and decide to have HER for dinner. That would truly give us all something to be thankful for this holiday season.

And the seemingly postponed-by-one-week-merge gives us all a fearful picture of the Meanie Babies taking over. Also, watch for Teresa to get a face-full of time this week. If she does that may mean she's goes next week if Boron loses the last IC, and mastermind-of-the-universe Ethan won't let two Newbies. plus two Old Bs. = ba bye Ethan. He'll keep Clarence over Teresa, sadly.

But watch for Clarence to turn out to be the "good teacher". His archery shot in the vid caps looked A-OK, and I do think that Ethan has bonded with him post-twist. However, if we see more of Clarence than EVER before in the Recap(if anyone even bothers to watch it)than we know that CB's beangate episode is finally gonna-er-explode or -er - backfire
or -er- Oh forget it!

And I DON'T think they gave Alicia any post-Twist info, and yes, Ethan and Lex were looking good and playing well until then, and that educated guess on her part, plus her singling out Kim Pee (she has the same fab abs as Alicia,so she related)for the final four, as incredible as it sounds, may have led to her uncannily prescient article being pulled off the board by CBS. A first. She may have named three of the final four, inadvertently.
Lex is gonna have a ROUGH time in the next two weeks, but the pulling of Alicia's article indicates she's hit on the fact that he stays.

Also, if the Sambooboobs are informed that the merge is delayed, they(Brandon) may think in terms, we need Frank and Lex's strength, hence their targeting of the weak Kelly. I think I read somewhere that some teacher of Kelly's was shocked that she did this because she was so totally UN-Atheletic at college. Also, they're suddenly letting Brandon grow a brain last week, indicates that he may get to use it THIS week. In an UNBELIEVABLY extended tie-breaker.

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-15-01, 10:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: A SPOILER OUT OF CANADA AND THE RECAP"
Rose Red:

Thanks for the information...but, it seems to me that it could just as easily be Lindsey getting upset with Brandon for forgetting about their plan and saying something like, "normally that might work, BUT YOU ALREADY HAVE A VOTE, REMEMBER STUPID!" Kelly then smiles because she figured out their plan and Brandon is the one who gets fed up with Lindsey and "considers betraying old friends".

In the end he probably doesn't but the tribal council becomes intense because it is a tie after the first vote and Lindsey loses because of previous votes after making an emotional speech...Jeff then reminds the Samburu not to assume there will be a merge next week, leaving BOTH tribes wondering...

Krautboy

Swetdawg 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-15-01, 02:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Swetdawg Click to send private message to Swetdawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: A SPOILER OUT OF CANADA AND THE RECAP"
I think Kelly may be smiling because she already KNOWS that Lindsey has votes and probably finds it hard not LOL at their attempt to deceive. I find it next to impossible that the new Samburu don't already know of her votes. Even if this scene is before RC this week, they still had ample opportunity to find out from original Boran last week.

This is exactly the kind of info MB would "leak" to throw us off the obvious.

Note to EPM..."Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining".

11-15-01, 03:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: A SPOILER OUT OF CANADA AND THE RECAP"
I would hope that a behavioral analyst with a mega-IQ such as Kelly could read the ploy for exactly what it is. I've seen the Insider clips of Kelly revealing her thought processes in confessionals, and she takes nothing at face value. She thinks all around the question. The only doubt I have is whether Lex and Tom will be smart and let her guide them; however, we hear from the Insider that Lex feels threatened by her intelligence, so he must respect it.

I see Burnett as using this incident to set us up for Samburu getting it wrong so as to manufacture some suspense. Then surprise surprise at the TC the OldBoran vote for Lindsey.
This scene does suggest to me that Samburu goes to TC tonight, as usually Burnett doesn't bother to include much about the vote strategizing from the team that wins immunity.

11-15-01, 03:24 PM (EST)
14. "RE: A SPOILER OUT OF CANADA AND THE RECAP"
I really hope you are right OFG, I am just not sure that Kelly is bright in the "street smarts" since that it would take to understand that this would just be a senseless ploy to get them to vote for Brandon. She seems overwhelmingly intelligent, but I am not sure it is this kind of intelligence.

However, the fact that MB is trying to get us to start swaying are thinking away from Lindsey, it makes the probability of her leaving increase, in my mind. I still am expecting Linds to get the boot, but I would not be overly shocked if the ex-Borons fall for this.

11-15-01, 04:28 PM (EST)
16. "LINDSEY INJURY WISH LIST"
So, you all think MB reads this board? If so, Hi Marky Mark! I take back calling you SATAN over and over again!
No, he really is one devilish plotter/editor/mystery afficionado, like I'm sure his secret idols Dame Agatha Christie and Alfred Hitchcock. And he's British, remember. Somehow a certain kind of British man makes a superb SADIST, which is make this show is. He delights in torturing the survivors, and yes, we delight in watching them suffer their way to fame if not fortune. When this show is working right, it's right up there with the best in suspense.
And yes, the world may be right and I'm wrong. It's Lindsey. He's blowing smoke rings to cover the fact that his cigar(Lindsey)is just a cigar, as someone of you pointed out so well somewhere here. However, why didn't he put that Canadian promo scene of Brandon's great acting moment in the US version? And Linsdey's "YOU KNOW YOU HAVE A VOTE!" and Kelly, the behaviorial analyst, smiling. I also heard elsewhere, and I don't know if this is a true spoiler or not that Brandon shoots someone with his badly aimed arrow. We can only hope it's Lindsey. Maybe that's her hospitalization! Brandon shoots her! He doesn't betray her. He just takes her out and shoots her! So the "I Would Never Do That to You" means he would NEVER shoot her (in the butt? The foot? ) with a bow and arrow. I'm being facetious. But that would solve a lot of MB's problems in one. And Lindsey's arm is already bandaged in the vid cap bow and arrow shot.Maybe we should start a Lindsey Injury Wish List. Like how many ways to we WANT her to be done in? Personally, I would love it if she went this week. I think MB must be a real mysogynist(sp?) First Susan, then Jerri, now Lindsey. He's on a roll with creating Female Villains the Public Loves to Hate. Walt Disney used to do that too in all his classic cartoons. Before Disney got PC. The Wicked Queen in "Snow White", Cruella De Ville in "1o1 Dalmations", the evil Stepmother in "Cinderella," Malaficent in "Sleeping Beauty", the list is endless. However, MB makes the cartoons come to life. Eventually, they'll be a survivor ride at Disneyland with the scariest part being when Jerri and Lindsey pop out of their respectives swamps.

11-15-01, 04:16 PM (EST)
15. "RE: A SPOILER OUT OF CANADA AND THE RECAP"
MD,
I must cop to the fact that wishful thinking plays a role in my take on this one. I don't want Kelly to lose this early on.

That admitted:
As for the required street smarts, I think she has a reasonable amount for her age. She has been to college and traveled to 35 countries, so even though she's a young rich kid she's not been that sheltered.

Personally I think that a good background in psychology from college suffices, even without street smarts, to train a person to think about motivation and not take an act at face value. In my above post about her thinking, I meant that she's very suspicious of the motives behind all conversations she takes part in or overhears.

I must say I'm relieved to hear it's Kelly who overhears the conversation, as I predicted on the preview thread--not because I was right, but because the basis of my guess rested on story development. Last episode the Borans discussed her eavesdropping skills, and tonight they are featured. That gives me renewed hope that we can continue to spoil based on continuity of storylines set up in the prior editing.

dangerkitty 1913 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

11-15-01, 07:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerkitty Click to send private message to dangerkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "Words, words"
As long as we are scrutinizing the words (which I love, by the way): we now have clarity on the "quiet" in quotation marks. That being true - then doesn't that change the meaning of "wrong"? As in, Kelly was the wrong person to overhear it because she doesn't buy it! Lex, for example, would have been the "right" person, because he already thinks/thought that Brandon has a vote. Hearing that would have confirmed is belief. Kelly sees through it - she is the WRONG person to overhear that "quiet" conversation, from the GXA point of view.

dangerkitty
Goddess of Words

Bungler 497 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-01, 04:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bungler Click to send private message to Bungler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. ""But you already have a vote!""
This preview is the same one we here in the U.S. all saw on Thursday night after last week's episode. Brandon is saying something about making the others believe he has votes, and bigmouth Lindsey talks over top of him, saying something like, "that you alreayd have a vote." You simply cannot hear what he's whispering as she yaks over top of him. I asked in my screencap thread if anyone could make sense of what Brandon was saying, but no one could. The scene directly after that had Kelly in a confessional and saying, "It's a whole different ballgame now."

11-15-01, 04:35 PM (EST)
18. "RE: "But you already have a vote!""
To quote Linda Spencer's greatest line "THANNNNK YOUUUUUU!" Right you are! It WAS there! I watched it, too,and didn't catch it. And evidently none of us did! Whoa! Back to Private Detective School one-oh-one.

11-15-01, 04:39 PM (EST)
19. "Early Show today"
I thought it interesting today that after Early Show's copout promotion of Survivor, the game, there was a brief discussion of whether Lindsey's really a nice person. This was after Carl said he too was rooting for the tick. Jerri of course took the opportunity to point out that she too was edited like a ##### when we all know now she's a really nice person (gag me).

Bryant said, uh-huh, "Peace," or something like that to the Lindsey defense. I wonder if they weren't doing a tiny bit of setup for Bryant interviewing his least favorite Survivor du jour tomorrow morning.

11-15-01, 04:43 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Early Show today"
That's what this sounds like. Bryant knows who he's interviewing tomorrow, or someone on his staff does. They have to make travel/hotel arrangements for them. I live in New York. Hmmmm....I wonder which hotel they put them up in. I bet they always use the same one, or ones. Bryant tapes the show - where? On West 57th? Does anybody know?

runningchicken 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-16-01, 12:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail runningchicken Click to send private message to runningchicken Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: hotel"
I know they have stayed in the Rihga Royal (now a JW Marriott - I think) in the past, but I don't know if they still do.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •