The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Those wacky contestants!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Strider 580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-21-03, 01:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Strider Click to send private message to Strider Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Those wacky contestants!"
Reading all those contestant bios can be such a daunting task. I, therefore, in my infinite generosity, have summarized them for you. With my own comments added, of course.

Kelly & Jon

Kelly, “gets motion sickness and fears spiders, bees, heights and sharks.” So here’s what I’m waiting for:

Detour. A detour is a choice between two tasks, each with its own pros and cons. In this detour, contestants must choose between “killer animals in ships” and “killer animals on planes.” Contestants who choose “killer animals in ships” must spend 24 hours driving a car filled with tarantulas in tight circles around the deck of a irregularly-rocking ship, then swim to shore through shark-infested waters. Contestants who choose “killer animals on planes” must hold on to the wing of an airplane doing loop-the-loops at 5,000 feet, while covered in honey and holding Glad bags filled with angry bees.

Jon, “claims to have no fears.” I’m hoping that means he will makes things worse for Kelly by yelling at her whenever she’s afraid of something.

Debra & Steve

Debra, “is currently director of an artist's colony.” An artist’s colony? Like on Mars or something? She “blows off steam by cleaning the house.” Hey Debra, you’re a wacko. Does that make you angry? Here’s a vacuum, there’s my living room. According to her bio, “She speaks no foreign languages,” which is quite an interesting thing to include in one’s biography. Next time someone asks you to tell them about yourself, try, “I speak no foreign languages, I don’t own any reptiles, and I have never written a novel.”

Sadly, the only item worth commenting on in Steve’s bio is that he, too, “speaks no foreign languages.” He has also never been in my kitchen. (Sorry, Cheers reference.)

Jon & Al

Jon’s bio speaks for itself. I couldn’t possibly make up something better. He, “lists his current occupation as ‘Human Cannonball’ for Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus. He has traveled with them for the past 20 years and has over 5,000 notches in his cannonball belt. He graduated from Suffolk Community College and has also studied at the Disney Institute and Clown College.” Oh, and in case you were wondering, “He speaks no foreign languages.” Wait, isn’t “mime” a foreign language?

Of his clowning skills, Jon says, "If I can pick it up, I can balance it on my nose/chin." Again, no comment.

Al, 34, is “a cruise ship entertainer,” and “if he's upset, he'll go off alone and just scream out loud or have a good cry." In other words, Al is a big drama queen.

Amanda & Chris

Amanda, “loves to read and listen to music.” O.K., I have a grammar complaint, so if that kind of thing bores you, skip to the next paragraph. Amanda, according to this quote, loves to read music. And to top it off, “her phobias include spiders, elevators and fear of the dark.” Her phobias include fear of the dark. In other words, she’s afraid of being afraid of the dark. Deep.

Chris, “plans not only to make fun of the other contestants, but he will also scheme, betray, plot and backstab more than any other contestant." Chris is officially my pre-race favorite contestant.

David & Jeff

“David respects President George Bush because thinks he's a great leader.” No, really, that’s an exact quote, “because thinks” and all. Maybe David respects George Bush because they both talk the same.

Jeff “is 37 and describes himself as ‘goal-oriented.’” What is this, your resume?

Millie & Chuck

Millie, “works as an Environmental Teacher at the Tennessee Aquarium,” which is a fancy way of saying that she entertains audiences by getting a sea lion to balance a beach ball on its nose. In addition, she has “no fears, except for mayonnaise.” That’s right folks, she’s afraid of mayonnaise. I’m seeing a John Vito & Jill style cheese-eating fast forward, except with mayonnaise.

Chuck is “a physically active guy, “ who “holds a BS in Exercise Science from the University of Tennessee, Chattanooga,” which is a fancy way of saying that he is a gym teacher. Probably a bad one.

Millie believes her man Chuck is "hotter than Brad Pitt." Compare:

Monica & Sheree

Monica and Sheree, “want to prove that two black mothers and wives can compete in a physical arena that no one expects us to do well in.” Um, what? Look more closely at your competition next time you get a chance.

Monica, “understands a little Spanish, “ and Sheree, “speaks very little French.” Hey! Me too! Je suis las chalupas!

Sheree blows off steam with a "glass of wine…okay, a bottle." Make that a bottle of Wild Turkey and you’ve got yourself a date.

Reichen & Chip

Reichen claims that, “he is married to his teammate Chip.” Not in the United States you aren’t. I’m surprised the “Defense of Marriage” people haven’t started a protest against TAR yet. In addition, he describes himself as “detail-oriented.” Combine that with Jeff’s “goal-oriented” skills and you have one fine employee.

Reichen “likens himself to Ben Affleck,” and says Chip “is like Bruce Willis.”

Nope, sorry. And neither of you is hotter than Brad Pitt, either.

Russell & Cindy

Russell “is a 32-year-old model/actor/entrepreneur who describes himself as hilarious and a leader.” This is a fancy way of saying that Russell has no job. Cindy “is 39 years old and describes herself as a former supermodel and currently, an inventor.” This is a fancy way of saying that Cindy has no job.

And another grammar complaint: Russell, “cannot stand not to be doing anything.” Say what now?

According to Russell, “people say I look like Mel Gibson.” These people kill me.

Steve & Dave

Steve, “loves watching Andy Griffith marathons on TV.” Now that’s entertainment. He describes himself as "large, funny and friendly," and compares himself to actor John Candy. Dave, “compares himself to Woody Allen and Cosmo Kramer.” Finally! Two people that have accurate self-images!

Steve & Josh

Interestingly enough, Steve, “likens himself to Andy Griffith on Mayberry RFD.” As if it weren’t confusing enough having all the duplicate names. Conversation I predict during the season:

Contestant 1: “That Steve sure is a funny guy.”
Contestant 2: “Which Steve?”
Contestant 1: “The Steve that likes Andy Griffith.”
Contestant 2: “That Steve right there?”
Contestant 1: “No silly, the other Steve that likes Andy Griffith.”
Contestant 2: “Ohhhh...”

Josh has an innumerable list of stunning accomplishments. For example, “Josh raised steers for the Ventura County Fair and won a prize for a bull-calf. He lists this as an accomplishment he is very proud of, along with the fact that he once ate an entire bowl of butter for a dollar and never threw up.” Something tells me that he doesn’t know any foreign languages. Call it a hunch.

Tian & Jaree

Tian’s bio says that she, “has one of the highest IQs of all contestants.” So my question is, does TAR give contestants an IQ test, or is this just a self-proclaimed truth from Tian? And, which would be dumber? As an example of her high IQ, she states that she, “fears heights, but after having done aerial acrobatics in an L30 Russian Fighter Jet, a fear of heights may not be such an issue.” So, to sum up, you fear heights, but you don’t. Got it.

Comparing their jobs, Jaree is a ”model/actress,” while Tian is a “model/actress/singer.” Don’t you hate when people are always trying to one-up you? To Tian I say, “Oh yeah, while I’m a model/actor/singer/waiter!

According to the two, “We like to run our mouths, lay out by the pool and check out hot guys.” Jaree adds that “she was disappointed when she found out that Tian likes girls.” O.K., I’m not a lesbian, but I’m fairly certain that they do not enjoy checking out hot guys. I’m trying to picture myself, for example, lying out by the pool checking out hot women. This makes me laugh.

Adding to her homophobia, Jaree, “admits that if Tian ever hit on her, it'd be over between them. Jaree fears cockroaches and being lost.” And, apparently, being hit on by women.

Given all we have to bash on the contestants’ bios alone, I trust that we will not be short of material when the contestants actually start doing things. Bash away!

A little something GeorgiaBelle and Katem whipped up for me. Aren't they great?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Those wacky contestants! Femme 05-21-03 1
 RE: Those wacky contestants! GeorgiaBelle 05-21-03 2
   RE: Those wacky contestants! managerr 05-28-03 8
       RE: Those wacky contestants! Femme 05-28-03 9
           RE: Those wacky contestants! managerr 05-28-03 10
               RE: Those wacky contestants! Femme 05-28-03 11
               RE: Those wacky contestants! Strider 05-28-03 12
                   RE: Those wacky contestants! managerr 05-28-03 14
 RE: Those wacky contestants! katem 05-21-03 3
 RE: Those wacky contestants! Bebo 05-22-03 4
   RE: Those wacky contestants! Femme 05-22-03 5
 RE: Those wacky contestants! minitroll 05-22-03 6
 RE: Those wacky contestants! L82LIFE 05-27-03 7
 RE: Those wacky contestants! Schnookie Palookie 05-28-03 13
 ROFLMAO!!! anotherkim 05-28-03 15
   RE: ROFLMAO!!! SeaVisionBurma 05-29-03 16
 RE: Those wacky contestants! Breezy 05-29-03 17
 RE: Those wacky contestants! PlumBlossom 05-29-03 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Femme 3621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-21-03, 02:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Femme Click to send private message to Femme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Those wacky contestants!"
Amanda, “loves to read and listen to music.” O.K., I have a grammar complaint, so if that kind of thing bores you, skip to the next paragraph. Amanda, according to this quote, loves to read music. And to top it off, “her phobias include spiders, elevators and fear of the dark.” Her phobias include fear of the dark. In other words, she’s afraid of being afraid of the dark. Deep.

This is why I adore you.

Chris, “plans not only to make fun of the other contestants, but he will also scheme, betray, plot and backstab more than any other contestant." Chris is officially my pre-race favorite contestant.

No, wait... This is why.

Femme - loves the new sigpic

"All right Ramblers, let's get ramblin'."

GeorgiaBelle 2136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

05-21-03, 03:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GeorgiaBelle Click to send private message to GeorgiaBelle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Those wacky contestants!"
>Reading all those contestant bios can
>be such a daunting task.
>I, therefore, in my infinite
>generosity, have summarized them for
>you. With my own comments
>added, of course.

With all my heart I thank you.

>She “blows off steam by
>cleaning the house.” Hey Debra,
>you’re a wacko. Does that
>make you angry? Here’s a
>vacuum, there’s my living room.

Mine next. Let's really make her mad and hope she clean out the shed too.

>Of his clowning skills, Jon says,
>"If I can pick it
>up, I can balance it
>on my nose/chin." Again, no
>comment.

Oh I do!!!!! Rats, rats, rats, rats, rats. I am turning blue here......

>
>Chris, “plans not only to make
>fun of the other contestants,
>but he will also scheme,
>betray, plot and backstab more
>than any other contestant." Chris
>is officially my pre-race favorite
>contestant.

I like this guy already. Sounds like most of my close friends

>Millie believes her man Chuck is
>"hotter than Brad Pitt." Compare:
>
>

NO!!!!! Dreamer.

>Sheree blows off steam with a
>"glass of wine…okay, a bottle."
>Make that a bottle of
>Wild Turkey and you’ve got
>yourself a date.

Gotta remember this and stock the bar. Oh wait on second thought there are already a few bottles there. Come on over when TAR starts and we can play the TAR drinking game.

>he is very proud of,
>along with the fact that
>he once ate an entire
>bowl of butter for a
>dollar and never threw up.”
>Something tells me that he
>doesn’t know any foreign languages.
>Call it a hunch.

Ewwwwwwww.

>According to the two, “We like
>to run our mouths, lay
>out by the pool and
>check out hot guys.” Jaree
>adds that “she was disappointed
>when she found out that
>Tian likes girls.” O.K., I’m
>not a lesbian, but I’m
>fairly certain that they do
>not enjoy checking out hot
>guys. I’m trying to picture
>myself, for example, lying out
>by the pool checking out
>hot women. This makes me
>laugh.

LMAO. No other comment.

>
>A little something
>GeorgiaBelle and Katem whipped up
>for me. Aren't they great?

>

Awwww, you are most welcome. It was a fun project to work on with him.

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-28-03, 12:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Those wacky contestants!"
>Reichen claims that, “he is married to his teammate Chip.” Not >in the United States you aren’t. I’m surprised the “Defense of >Marriage” people haven’t started a protest against TAR yet. In >addition, he describes himself as “detail-oriented.” Combine >that with Jeff’s “goal-oriented” skills and you have one fine >employee.

The Websters definition of marriage:

See definition 1d:

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=marriage

05-28-03, 01:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Femme Click to send private message to Femme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Those wacky contestants!"
Psst. I think Strider meant "legally." I doubt Reichen has been approved for Chip's insurance plan.

05-28-03, 02:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Those wacky contestants!"
Sorry, I have a problem with the attempted discreditation of the marriage just because it isn't "legal". And there are many companies across the US that will cover provide insurance coverage for same sex partners--especially in California. (Assuming he gets his plan through work)

05-28-03, 02:58 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Those wacky contestants!"
While no expert, I do believe Strider himself is as married as Chip and Reichen. Right? At least, I'm pretty sure that is how he defined his relationship.

Strider 580 desperate attention whore postings

05-28-03, 04:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Strider Click to send private message to Strider Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Those wacky contestants!"
Obviously I was referring to the legal definition, and obviously I wasn't trying to discredit their relationship, as it would only discredit my own. I made the comment because too many people in the U.S. think that there are some states where it is legal for same-sex couples to get married, and they therefore do not appreciate the discrimination faced by the gay community. Do you know how many people have asked me if my partner and I file taxes jointly? Or how many people are astonished to find out I could be fired simply because of my sexuality? Or how many people ask why we haven't adopted children (we can't in our state)?

And the Defense of Marriage people are so zealous that it really wouldn't surprise me if they petitioned CBS to remove this language from their site.

You should have e-mailed me privately to discuss this, since it has nothing to do with TAR, and also since you should have found out my intentions before you made your comment. I am responding publicly only because you did. This discussion should cease here.

Strider left OT because of nonsense like this.

05-28-03, 04:34 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Those wacky contestants!"
I should have emailed you to ask your intent? I don't know, uou were bashing contestants on the basher's board! I don't think my reading into it was that extreme a leap.

However, I'd like to apologize for mis-interpreting your intent. I'm glad that both you and C/R are happily married.

katem 3315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-21-03, 04:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail katem Click to send private message to katem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Those wacky contestants!"
That detour you want for Kelly, looks like something out of Fear Factor. I LOVE IT !!!!!

Glad you liked THIS particular siggie. It was my personal favorite.

Good to see you around here, boy

(c) 2002, 03 GeorgiaBelle Creations, Inc. All rights reserved

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-22-03, 10:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Those wacky contestants!"
I so *heart* Strider. With you and Femme doing the finale, I am in TAR heaven.

So, Tian has a high IQ. Does that make her the TAR version of S6 Heidi?

Bebo says...919 beats 205 - I am your American Idol and the Baroness of Babedom.

05-22-03, 10:54 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Those wacky contestants!"
Don't you hope so? This will be such a fun season if it works out that way.

Femme - hearter of Bebo since 2002

"All right Ramblers, let's get ramblin'."

minitroll 3901 desperate attention whore postings

05-22-03, 05:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail minitroll Click to send private message to minitroll Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Those wacky contestants!"
LMAO Strider, you summed up these losers perfectly! They are definitely going to be a bash-worthy bunch. I can't wait.

L82LIFE 5333 desperate attention whore postings

05-27-03, 04:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail L82LIFE Click to send private message to L82LIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Those wacky contestants!"
I was just thinking that it was about time to sharpen my claws and get ready for some TAR bashing. Then I came here and you did such a wonderful job that I can't think of a thing to add.

I*Heart*Strider
(Oh, and Strider is better looking than Brad Pitt!)

Love the new siggie, hon. Belle and Katem outdid themselves!

Schnookie Palookie 16822 desperate attention whore postings

05-28-03, 04:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Schnookie%20Palookie Click to send private message to Schnookie%20Palookie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Those wacky contestants!"
LOL! Great descriptions Strider.

"Je suis las chalupas"
LMAO!

*so glad to see Strider's still here ... sigh*

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

05-28-03, 10:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "ROFLMAO!!!"

Josh raised steers for the Ventura County Fair and won a prize for a bull-calf. He lists this as an accomplishment he is very proud of, along with the fact that he once ate an entire bowl of butter for a dollar and never threw up

Methinks Josh don't get out much, eh?

Miscellaneous Ramblings
--anxiously awaits the premiere!!!

SeaVisionBurma 39 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-29-03, 00:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SeaVisionBurma Click to send private message to SeaVisionBurma Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: ROFLMAO!!!"
Strider, thanks a million. This makes choosing the anti-eliminees much easier now.

And extra thanks too for pointing out this gem....
" once ate an entire bowl of butter for a dollar and never threw up"
anotherkim - methinks you're right.
and methinks Josh isnt going to be on my safe list for the start.

butter indeed.....

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

05-29-03, 12:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Those wacky contestants!"
Thankyou so much Strider!!!! This summary was great.

And I like the new sigpic.

PlumBlossom 679 desperate attention whore postings

05-29-03, 01:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PlumBlossom Click to send private message to PlumBlossom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Those wacky contestants!"
This was great, Strider. I always love to read your comments. I am looking forward to the finale summary you write with Femme, but hope to read lots more from you between now and then.

PlumBlossom

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •