The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"New Voting System"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

TammyLuvsConstantine 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-16-06, 03:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TammyLuvsConstantine Click to send private message to TammyLuvsConstantine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"New Voting System"
I say this every year, and it always falls upon deaf ears. Isn't there some way American Idol can put a block on phones that maybe only 5 votes can be made from a phone number?
I stared at the bottom 3 last night, and was in amazement that Kellie and Kevin were not up there. But the truth is Kevin has little girls and grandmas burning up the lines to vote for him. And Kellie has the sympathy votes coming in.
Maybe if people were only allowed to place 5 votes, they would seriously consider who has the real talent.

Tammy
(Constantine should have won last year's American Idol)

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: New Voting System LisaPles 03-16-06 1
   RE: New Voting System phantomphan 03-16-06 3
 RE: New Voting System FFantasyFX 03-16-06 2
 RE: New Voting System hplotr251 03-20-06 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

LisaPles 740 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-16-06, 03:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LisaPles Click to send private message to LisaPles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: New Voting System"
Dancing With The Stars had a similar call in system to what you are suggesting. It seems like a sensible idea. I don't know why they haven't implemented something like that. Maybe they like the idea of callers geting into a frenzy sitting there hitting the redial button!

Have you ever seen Constantine perform? I live in New Jersey and I see that he has played in Atlantic City a few times. I wasn't voting for him last season, but I can see that you are a big fan!

phantomphan 19 desperate attention whore postings

03-16-06, 05:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail phantomphan Click to send private message to phantomphan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: New Voting System"
Yeah I think they like the bragging rights of being able to say, "We had 30 million people call in last night." But I agree that there should be a voting limit.

Kevin also has the www.votefortheworst.com votes, not that they make a huge difference, but every vote counts.

FFantasyFX 1028 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-16-06, 05:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FFantasyFX Click to send private message to FFantasyFX Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: New Voting System"
A cap on the number of votes per phone line is a wonderful idea, but it will never happen unfortunately. First, the producers like touting their huge vote totals at the beginning of each result show, and a cap would put a dent in that number. Also, once you place a cap on the phone lines, to keep things fair you'd need to place a cap on text messaging, and Cingular would probably be pretty unhappy with that hit in the pocketbook.

There is also a genuine case to be made that the current system better measures enthusiasm than a capped system would. How far would you go for your favorite? Spend thirty minutes on the phone? An hour? Spend two hours on the phone with automatic redial? Pay the price necessary to text message in a lot of votes? Just how much effort are you going to put behind your candidate for the title of American Idol?

Still, I would prefer a capped system. I think causal viewers get disgruntled by the difficulty of getting through. I know that while I still watch the show, for instance, I hardly vote at all. Plus, there is probably a suspicion in some people's minds that the current system is more amenable to abuse than a capped system would be.

hplotr251 14 desperate attention whore postings

03-20-06, 10:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail hplotr251 Click to send private message to hplotr251 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: New Voting System"
I am totally with ya on the 5 vote thing. I actually think it should only be once but that will never happen. That cancelled show Last Comic Standing only let you vote three times. AI should really think about that.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •