The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Am I the only Guido fan?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

Hananosaintjuste 16 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-13-01, 12:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Hananosaintjuste Click to send private message to Hananosaintjuste Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Am I the only Guido fan?"
::Hums:: Just wondering. I'm used to being opinionated and almost never liking the same characters on these reality shows (I liked Kristen on Murder in Small Town X and Richard on Survivor *coughs*)

But! I was just curious anyway. Personally, I don't think any reality TV show is about "kindness." I can't think of many people who wouldn't "ditch" someone or "push ahead" of them, if it guaranteed them $1 million dollars.

~The (Only?) Guido Fan!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Maybe so kiki_k 11-13-01 1
 RE: Am I the only Guido fan? heymikey 11-13-01 2
 Competitive vs. Win at Any Cost PagongRatEater 11-13-01 3
   RE: Competitive vs. Win at Any Cost heymikey 11-13-01 23
       RE: Competitive vs. Win at Any Cost Cole 11-14-01 33
 RE: Am I the only Guido fan? Vicdon 11-13-01 4
   RE: Am I the only Guido fan? Cole 11-13-01 5
 RE: Am I the only Guido fan? L82LIFE 11-13-01 6
   RE: Am I the only Guido fan? Hananosaintjuste 11-13-01 8
       RE: Am I the only Guido fan? PagongRatEater 11-13-01 9
           RE: Am I the only Guido fan? Hananosaintjuste 11-13-01 10
               RE: Am I the only Guido fan? PagongRatEater 11-13-01 11
                   RE: Am I the only Guido fan? Cole 11-13-01 12
                       RE: Am I the only Guido fan? Hananosaintjuste 11-13-01 14
                       RE: Am I the only Guido fan? samced 11-13-01 16
       Just to add my two cents (again) kiki_k 11-13-01 17
           RE: Just to add my two cents (again... samced 11-13-01 19
               I agree with you too! kiki_k 11-14-01 30
       RE: Am I the only Guido fan? earcpa 11-13-01 21
           RE: Am I the only Guido fan? heymikey 11-13-01 25
               RE: Am I the only Guido fan? AmazingFan 11-13-01 26
       RE: Am I the only Guido fan? ozlifter 11-17-01 63
   RE: Am I the only Guido fan? heymikey 11-13-01 24
       RE: Am I the only Guido fan? L82LIFE 11-14-01 32
 RE: Am I the only Guido fan? Blueville 11-13-01 7
   RE: Am I the only Guido fan? Hananosaintjuste 11-13-01 15
 RE: Am I the only Guido fan? AmazingFan 11-13-01 13
   RE: Am I the only Guido fan? samced 11-13-01 18
   RE: Am I the only Guido fan? redtabby 11-13-01 20
       RE: Am I the only Guido fan? Hananosaintjuste 11-13-01 22
           RE: Am I the only Guido fan? MsCurlGurl7 11-13-01 27
               RE: Am I the only Guido fan? zahadumguy 11-14-01 28
 RE: Am I the only Guido fan? Vicdon 11-14-01 29
 RE: Am I the only Guido fan? Loree 11-14-01 31
   RE: Am I the only Guido fan? Ottawa_guy 11-14-01 34
 RE: Am I the only Guido fan? mark grace 11-14-01 35
   RE: Am I the only Guido fan? Hananosaintjuste 11-14-01 36
       RE: Am I the only Guido fan? gigigeorge 11-14-01 37
           RE: Am I the only Guido fan? Hananosaintjuste 11-15-01 38
           RE: Am I the only Guido fan? mark grace 11-15-01 39
           RE: Am I the only Guido fan? ozlifter 11-17-01 64
       RE: Am I the only Guido fan? AresMars 11-20-01 73
 RE: Am I the only Guido fan? asperella 11-15-01 40
   RE: Am I the only Guido fan? Hananosaintjuste 11-15-01 41
       RE: Am I the only Guido fan? Karyn ... mark grace 11-15-01 42
           RE: Am I the only Guido fan? RE Kar... gigigeorge 11-15-01 43
               RE: Am I the only Guido fan? RE Kar... Cole 11-15-01 44
                   RE: Am I the only Guido fan? RE Kar... gigigeorge 11-15-01 45
                       RE: Am I the only Guido fan? RE Kar... Hananosaintjuste 11-15-01 46
                           RE: Am I the only Guido fan? RE Kar... PagongRatEater 11-15-01 47
                               RE: Am I the only Guido fan? RE Kar... Hananosaintjuste 11-15-01 48
                                   RE: Am I the only Guido fan? RE Kar... PagongRatEater 11-15-01 51
                               RE: Am I the only Guido fan? RE Kar... TeamJoisey 11-15-01 49
                                   RE: Am I the only Guido fan? RE Kar... Hananosaintjuste 11-15-01 50
                                       RE: Am I the only Guido fan? RE Kar... Ruthless 11-15-01 52
                                           RE: Am I the only Guido fan? RE Kar... gigigeorge 11-15-01 53
                                               RE: Am I the only Guido fan? RE Kar... Ruthless 11-15-01 58
                       RE: Am I the only Guido fan? RE Kar... ozlifter 11-17-01 66
                   RE: Am I the only Guido fan? RE Kar... KelvinKing 11-15-01 56
       RE: Am I the only Guido fan? ozlifter 11-17-01 65
 RE: Am I the only Guido fan? NightScribe 11-15-01 54
 RE: Am I the only Guido fan? katem 11-15-01 55
   RE: Am I the only Guido fan? Hananosaintjuste 11-15-01 57
       RE: Am I the only Guido fan? nyjames 11-16-01 59
           RE: Am I the only Guido fan? Cole 11-16-01 60
               RE: Am I the only Guido fan? Hananosaintjuste 11-16-01 61
                   RE: Am I the only Guido fan? Denyse 11-17-01 67
               RE: Am I the only Guido fan? zahadumguy 11-17-01 68
                   RE: Am I the only Guido fan? Loree 11-17-01 69
                   RE: Am I the only Guido fan? Cole 11-19-01 72
       RE: Am I the only Guido fan? TeamJoisey 11-18-01 70
 RE: Am I the only Guido fan? Denyse 11-17-01 62
   RE: Am I the only Guido fan? mark grace 11-18-01 71

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

kiki_k 1444 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-13-01, 01:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kiki_k Click to send private message to kiki_k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Maybe so "
I, too, liked Richard Hatch and thought he deserved to win Survivor (unpopular view, I know, but he was FEEDING his tribe and was a big asset in the competitions) and I liked Mike the psycho pig killer BEFORE the fire incident (remember, everyone, even his own tribe, hated him until the accident, but the man was catching fish with ROPE for crissake). On these shows, I always seem to root for the person who I thnk is playing the game the best (which often makes them unlikable to the viewing audience). In that vein, I used to like the Guidos -- they knew their objectives and knew that they would have to "double cross" people to stay ahead (plus, they were funny as hell with their matching clothes, bottomless rucksacks and moist towelettes). However, the day they tried to block the other teams from catching their plane was the day the worm turned, imho. That was not "strategy" in the name of the game, that was sour grapes because the others got a better flight. Coupled with the reports by the others that Bert actually pushed the mom makes their actions completely and totally unjustifiable. I no longer want them to win and feel that they do not deserve to win. In fact, I want them gone soon (along with Momily -- the "these people are stupid" comment in New Dehli by Emily was just too offensive for me -- they don't deserve to win either.) So, yes, you may be the only Guido fan left.

heymikey 238 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-13-01, 01:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail heymikey Click to send private message to heymikey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Am I the only Guido fan?"
I'm also a Guido fan. It's quite weird. I always liked contestants who people hate, such as Richard Hatch from Survivor 1, Jerri from Survivor 2, Lindsey and Brandon from Survivor 3, and Will and Nicole from BB2. I guess I just like people who are very competitive.

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-13-01, 02:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Competitive vs. Win at Any Cost"
The reason most of us hate the Guidos is that they will do anything to win. Most people have an internal moral compass that dictates their actions and there are lines that they will not cross. With these people, nothing is beneath them - pushing an old lady, sending people off on the wrong train, whatever it takes.

Remember what your Mom said, "it's not whether you win or lose, it's how you play the game." Perhaps Team Guido feels fine looking in the mirror after they played the game the way they have, but that just proves that they have no compunction. The bottom line for me is - They aren't decent people and I don't like them. Wanting to win is great, I am in sales and I LOVE to win, but I won't lie to my customers or sabotage the competition to get a deal.

There is no question in my mind that these guys have no integrity and I would be disgusted if my children were to grow up and act like them on television. Tell me that any of you really think that they are making their parents, their community or their God proud.

11-13-01, 09:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail heymikey Click to send private message to heymikey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Competitive vs. Win at Any Cost"
>> With these people, nothing is beneath them - pushing an old lady, sending people off on the wrong train, whatever it takes.

I personally have been misunderstood in my life and I know how it feels. For example, there are times in my life where I accidentally did something and people assumed that it was intentional. I see this happening with the Guidos. I personally don't think they "pushed" Nancy intentionally. Maybe because of the chaos happening with the airport security guard in Tunisia, they accidentally moved back and Nancy somewhat fell or whatever. The point is, we did not exactly see the Guidos intentionally pushing her. We just assume they pushed her because that was what the majority said. But we can't know for sure.

Regarding sending people off on the wrong train, where exactly did that happen?

Cole 409 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-14-01, 02:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cole Click to send private message to Cole Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Competitive vs. Win at Any Cost"
It's not just that they presumably pushed her that made the airport incident intolerable. I also suspect that one of them accidentally backed into her and hit her with a backpack. Regardless, the thing that made this incident intolerable was the fact that they did it in the first place. They deliberately attempted to hinder the other teams (and apparently forgot there were cameras recording them). Then they lied to Karyn about the entire episode.

With regard to the train, there was an incident, I believe going from Paris to the south of France, where they tried to appear magnanimous by buying tickets for everyone on the train. They were annoyed that everyone else got to the station at the same time. They told everyone what track to go onto and followed them last. Then they realized it was the wrong track and turned around and snuck off. The rest of them realized the mistake and turned around to see that the Guidos had disappeared. I'm not sure if they deliberately misled people, but they surely did not speak up to correct their error. The other teams trusted them and they should not have. I'm not saying that the Guidos had to be nice and tell everyone, but it's another example of where the Guidos have been nasty. Brunette Guido tried to tell everyone and nasty blonde Guido shushed him. I think it was at this point where the other teams (and the rest of America) started disliking the Guidos.

Vicdon 14 desperate attention whore postings

11-13-01, 02:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Vicdon Click to send private message to Vicdon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Am I the only Guido fan?"
I enjoy the Guidos, too. Don't know why, but they make my husabnd and I chuckle. It is a game and I don't take them seriously, even though they take themselves too seriously. They are a hoot and a holler. I was a big fan of Richard, but Jerri and especially Lindsey, get on my very last nerve.
Go Guidos - defeat Momily!

11-13-01, 02:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cole Click to send private message to Cole Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Am I the only Guido fan?"
I agree with Pagong, there is a HUGE difference between being competitive and being jerks. The first few shows, I tolerated the Guidos although I found their smugness about Paris and their matching outfits irritating. The thing that really did it for me was when they tried to sabotage the other teams at the airport and felt they did absolutely nothing wrong. Being competitive is admirable. Trying to gain advantages by deliberately hurting others is not.

Go Lawyers!
Go Frangarita!
Go Festers!
Go Momily!

Go to @#$% Guidos!

L82LIFE 5333 desperate attention whore postings

11-13-01, 03:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail L82LIFE Click to send private message to L82LIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Am I the only Guido fan?"
I will admit that I also liked Kristen from Small Town X. She stood up for herself when challenged. The Guidos are a different story. They are rude and condescending to the other people on the show, as well as the natives of the Countries they visit. I must admit to some entertainment value with the Guidos. They do make me laugh. Not because they're funny, but because they think they are so above everyone that they make themselves look like pompous asses.
There is a big difference between being competitive and being greedy. Their complete lack of morality makes this fan want to see the back of them.

11-13-01, 04:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Hananosaintjuste Click to send private message to Hananosaintjuste Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Am I the only Guido fan?"
<<Remember what your Mom said, "it's not whether you win or lose, it's how you play the game.>>

For a million dollars, I'd push some hysterical woman too.

No offense to Momily fans, but they get on my nerves. Too hysterical for me.

I don't think how you act when you're vying for a million dollars means you're a jerk when you're not. It's a huge circumstance. If people hate Team Guido because they would, in SOME situation with SOME circumstance, push someone (and this is not murder, mind you) and play dirty, then I think you'd be very dissapointed with a large portion of humanity.

I don't think you can judge someone from how they act on a reality TV show. It's just a game. I don't think ANYBODY on the show is being perfect, moral people.

I guess I just feel like everybody who act not-so-honorably in SOME situation.

Personally, I didn't like the Guidos BECAUSE they played dirty or because they "pushed" Momily. It just doesn't bother me. I'd push Momily too. x.x They annoy me. And I bet you guys would push Guido, so. :B

I like Guido cause.. Alright, I think gay people are undershown on reality shows, so that drew me to them, but I like the fact that they speak several languages and travel and drink wine and have a cute dog. ;) I relate with that. The fact that they're ruthless or win at all costs, doesn't irritate me, or equal the reason I like them. It just doesn't change my opinion.

The bottom line is, I relate with Guido for other reasons than why people hate them. I don't relate with anybody else on the show. Guido hangs out with themselves (and don't tell me that it's cause people alienate them, THEY like being solo and never cried over people disliking them), travel, speak several languages, have lived in foreign countries, are non-heterosexual (I'd like them if they weren't, but I think it's cute), and to me, present a "cultured" image. And, yea, I like arrogance. I make no claims to their personality being magical or wonderful, but they're not strangling kittens, so it's good enough for me.

~The Obsessively Guido Fan?

11-13-01, 05:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Am I the only Guido fan?"

>I don't think how you act
>when you're vying for a
>million dollars means you're a
>jerk when you're not. It's
>a huge circumstance.

I think how you act under stress is the best display of your character. You mean to say that it's OK for them to be jerk cause there's MONEY involved, but when they have nothing to lose be being good and decent they are wonderful human beings. That is BS - these guys have no integrity at all. When I play games or sports and they are just for FUN I learned about a little something called sportsmanship and that it was better to lose with honor than to win without it. Of course, if you have no honor....

>
>I like Guido cause.. Alright, I
>think gay people are undershown
>on reality shows, so that
>drew me to them, but
>I like the fact that
>they speak several languages and
>travel and drink wine and
>have a cute dog. ;)
>I relate with that. The
>fact that they're ruthless or
>win at all costs, doesn't
>irritate me, or equal the
>reason I like them. It
>just doesn't change my opinion.
>
They are so non-cultured that it is not even funny. So what if they have traveled and know French. The are far more pretentious than they have ANY right to be. There little dog thing is possibly the most annoying things about them and they have probably done as much to damage the image of homosexual people as anybody on television.

>I make no claims to
>their personality being magical or
>wonderful, but they're not strangling
>kittens, so it's good enough
>for me.

Well, I guess as long as you have such a high standard.

11-13-01, 05:33 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Am I the only Guido fan?"
<<Well, I guess as long as you have such a high standard.>>

Did I say I'd be friends with them? No. I wouldn't be friends with any of the teams. All I said was that I relate to them and their non-game related hobbies.

My standards for friendship have never been met. They're extremely high. So please don't judge my standards without knowing them. Someone you root for on a TV show is a far cry for what you expect in a person in real life.

11-13-01, 05:48 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Am I the only Guido fan?"
"Someone you root for on a TV show is a far cry for what you expect in a person in real life. "

Could not disagree more. Personally I could never root for someone as morally repugnant as they are. I form a relationship with the people who I cheer for - I have placed the impramatur of my approval on them and therefore I DO hold them to a standard. Not a best buddies standard, but something more than offering them Kudos for not drowning cats (though we have no solid evidence that they haven't).

11-13-01, 05:58 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Am I the only Guido fan?"
Hanano, may I remind you that you started this thread, and clearly expected some anti-Guido feeling.

"My standards for friendship have never been met. They're extremely high. So please don't judge my standards without knowing them. Someone you root for on a TV show is a far cry for what you expect in a person in real life."

No one is begrudging you the right to have an opinion, and no one is judging who you choose to have as your friends in life (and from your post, it appears you don't have any, about which I feel bad for you). I'll have to agree with Pagong, I could not root for someone I found despicable, so I think there is some correlation between the contestants you like on TV and the type of people you like in real life.

11-13-01, 06:06 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Am I the only Guido fan?"
<<No one is begrudging you the right to have an opinion, and no one is judging who you choose to have as your friends in life (and from your post, it appears you don't have any, about which I feel bad for you). I'll have to agree with Pagong, I could not root for someone I found despicable, so I think there is some correlation between the contestants you like on TV and the type of people you like in real life.>>

I guess I'm the exception to the rule. I wouldn't be friends with a Guido. It's a TV show to me.

samced 72 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-13-01, 06:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samced Click to send private message to samced Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Am I the only Guido fan?"
Pagon & Cole You took the words right out of my mouth
typed them and took credit for them

I wonder how many people see team Guido and think
Cultured= educated informed, enlightened, polish, well bred,genteel,elegant, couteous,intellectual, sophisticated, sensitive, intelligent.......NOT

11-13-01, 06:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kiki_k Click to send private message to kiki_k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "Just to add my two cents (again)"
First, let me just state that I am not trying to personally attack you. But, I take issue with some of the things you have stated in this post.

><<Remember what your Mom said, "it's not whether you win or lose, it's how you play the game.>>
>
>For a million dollars, I'd push
>some hysterical woman too.
>
>No offense to Momily fans, but
>they get on my nerves.
>Too hysterical for me.
>
>I don't think how you act
>when you're vying for a
>million dollars means you're a
>jerk when you're not. It's
>a huge circumstance. If people
>hate Team Guido because they
>would, in SOME situation with
>SOME circumstance, push someone (and
>this is not murder, mind
>you) and play dirty, then
>I think you'd be very
>dissapointed with a large portion
>of humanity.

Well, you know what? I don't like people who, for whatever reason and in whatever circumstance, will push another human being. The fact that this is a GAME for MONEY makes it WORSE. I could understand pushing someone in a life or death situation (although still think it rude), but for MONEY? pfft! And yes, the sad fact is that most people in this world probably would push an older woman for a million dollars -- shame on them. The fact that most of the world is composed of jerks (according to your theory) does not mean the behavior is good.

>
>I don't think you can judge
>someone from how they act
>on a reality TV show.
>It's just a game. I
>don't think ANYBODY on the
>show is being perfect, moral
>people.

I thought this is what this site, message board, etc. and others like it are all about. They media whored themselves out, and I can surely judge them for it.

>The bottom line is, I relate
>with Guido for other reasons
>than why people hate them.
>I don't relate with anybody
>else on the show. Guido
>hangs out with themselves (and
>don't tell me that it's
>cause people alienate them, THEY
>like being solo and never
>cried over people disliking them),
>travel, speak several languages, have
>lived in foreign countries, are
>non-heterosexual (I'd like them if
>they weren't, but I think
>it's cute), and to me,
>present a "cultured" image. And,
>yea, I like arrogance.

They are not "cultured" -- I speak several languages myself and have lived in several other countries -- that does not make me cultured, nor does it make them cultured. It just makes me (and them) able to speak several languages and lucky enough to have lived in other countries (and, p.s. -- their french isn't that great). They are the typical ugly Americans -- arrogant and rude -- yelling at the security guy at the airport "I was here first," causing a ruckus at the airport, trying not to pay to get into the Taj Mahal (appalling), short Guido attempting to direct traffic in the New Dehli market because he was in a hurry -- yeah, thousands of people in New Dehli all waiting for that idiot to tell them where to go. The only couple (besides the grandparents, who were just way too classy for a reality tv show) who gives off a "cultured" image is Frank and Margaretta -- they know how to interact with the local cultures, have (or at least bother to inquire) about the cultures they are interacting in, and are respectful of the people in those countries. Arrogance is not culture.

>I make no claims to
>their personality being magical or
>wonderful, but they're not strangling
>kittens, so it's good enough
>for me.

Which brings me back to my first point -- I find it quite distrubing that it is ok, in the name of money, to push another human being but it is not ok to strangle a kitten. If a million dollars was involved, would it then be ok to stangle the kitten? I just don't get the logic behind that one.

11-13-01, 06:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samced Click to send private message to samced Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Just to add my two cents (again)"

>>p.s. -- their french isn't
>that great). >.

Italian? What italian!!!!

The only
>couple (besides the grandparents, who
>were just way too classy
>for a reality tv show)
>who gives off a "cultured"
>image is Frank and Margaretta
>-- they know how to
>interact with the local cultures,
>have (or at least bother
>to inquire) about the cultures
>they are interacting in, and
>are respectful of the people
>in those countries. Arrogance is
>not culture.

I hear you, and I agree with absolutely everything you said!
however Team Feaster gives it the old collage try, and do a very good job at it too. IMHO

11-14-01, 10:34 AM (EST)
30. "I agree with you too!"
I love the Festers, for exactly the same reason you do -- they are giving this game a good "run for their money" they have come a long way (it is funny to me that they describe themselves as the "ugly Americans" but they seem the most "improved" by their travels) and they are absolutely hilarious together. I was only trying to point out that Frank and Margaretta seemed the most "cultured." I really like both the Festers and Frank & Margaretta because they seem very genuine -- much more "classy" imho then arrogance. I will be happy with either team as the winners.

Go Festers!
Go Frank & Margeratta!

earcpa 16 desperate attention whore postings

11-13-01, 07:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail earcpa Click to send private message to earcpa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Am I the only Guido fan?"
>and to me, present a "cultured" image.

Cultured? On more than one of the shows, they have referred to Drew and Kevin as "the fatties." They attempted to sneak in to the Taj Majal without paying. They don't seem to me to be very "cultured." At least, they don't represent any culture that I want to be associated with.

I think that Drew and Kevin have been the best "ambassadors" for the U.S. They have demonstrated the most manners of any of the teams. I think that their families and friends are probably pretty proud of how they have conducted themselves. I hope the Guidos learn a little from watching themselves on TV, as well as from watching Drew and Kevin.

11-13-01, 10:01 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Am I the only Guido fan?"
LAST EDITED ON 11-13-01 AT 10:01 PM (EST)

>>> I think that Drew and Kevin have been the best "ambassadors" for the U.S.

Yup. I could not agree more. Saying that a country smells bad is probably the kindest way for Americans to show their appreciation for that country.

AmazingFan 121 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-13-01, 10:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AmazingFan Click to send private message to AmazingFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Am I the only Guido fan?"
OK, you seem to be on a bit of a posting rampage against the Festers and I must speak up.

Agreed, the Festers don't mince words for niceties. But did you see them playing cards on the train in India? They may not know much about the world outside of NYC and are not as culturally sensitive as F/M, but they display human decency and they can interact with the people they meet in other countries as if they are human beings deserving of decent treatment and respect. They treat the other contestants well. They insult each other pretty viciously but it's clear that is a joke within their friendship. Most of the jokes I have heard them tell about the countries they've visited or the people they've met have been of a "gentle" nature. They did not sit in a truck screaming that the people in the square in Delhi were "stupid" or "crazy" for example, or imperiously demand that local people move out of the way of their rickshaw. Maybe someone can convince me otherwise but from what I have seen of them so far I respect them.

ozlifter 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-17-01, 04:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ozlifter Click to send private message to ozlifter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
63. "RE: Am I the only Guido fan?"
>"I like Guido cause.. Alright, I
>think gay people are undershown
>on reality shows"

You actually believe gay people are under-represented on reality shows? Maybe I'm watching different reality shows than you, but I have always felt homosexuality was represented in extremely fair proportions to their population in society. It seems as though most reality shows have had at least had 1 gay person per season. And many (like MTV's Real World) have had more than one gay person per season. If the generous estimate "10% of the world is homosexual" is correct, than 1 person per season would generally be right on target with the makeup of a reality television show's cast.

Am I wrong here? I'd like to know what you all think? Are there a fair number of gay people represented on reality shows?

11-13-01, 09:54 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Am I the only Guido fan?"
>>> They are rude and condescending to the other people on the show, as well as the natives of the Countries they visit

I don't think they were rude to other people on the show. Especially, I don't think they have been rude to the natives of other countries. They personally did NOT call the Indians stupid (hmm...I wonder who did?!). They did not say that the countries they visit stinks. All in all, the Guidos have been very respectful to the natives of the countries they visit.

L82LIFE 5333 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-01, 01:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail L82LIFE Click to send private message to L82LIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Am I the only Guido fan?"
>I don't think they were rude
>to other people on the
>show. Especially, I don't
>think they have been rude
>to the natives of other
>countries.

No, you're absolutely correct. Pushing Nancy, deliberately sending people to the wrong train, lying to Karyn; that's not being rude to the other teams at all. And as for the natives, how about standing up in the rickshaw screaming at the natives? Or trying to get in to the Taj without paying? How about the disrespect they showed to all the non-contestants at the airport? It wasn't just the other teams they made wait, it was everybody trying to get on an airplane.

I'm just curious, what exactly do you consider rude???

Blueville 115 desperate attention whore postings

11-13-01, 04:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Blueville Click to send private message to Blueville Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Am I the only Guido fan?"
And remember, it's not only their action to try and sabotage the other teams. When Karyn decided she wanted to hear "the other side of the story" about the airport incicdent, they flat-out, intentionally lied about everything that took place. When she walked away, they said she should find the truth, "somewhere in the middle."

Not the kind of people with which I would want my family or friends to associate or partake in any kind of business dealings.

11-13-01, 06:09 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Am I the only Guido fan?"
<<Not the kind of people with which I would want my family or friends to associate or partake in any kind of business dealings.>>

I agree. I never said I'd want the Guidos for friends or family.

AmazingFan 121 desperate attention whore postings

11-13-01, 06:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AmazingFan Click to send private message to AmazingFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Am I the only Guido fan?"
If you want to support the Guidos, go ahead, good for you. But you know what they say, "The cheese stands alone".

At the end of the day, I want to see the team win that has played the game the best, on their own merits. I admire the teams who find clever and innovative ways to get through the race faster, within the rules. Intentionally sabotaging other teams, and acting in an offensive and disrespectful way to the people who live in the countries they are visiting (of which Momily would also be guilty) don't impress me.

I guess I'd like to believe the Amazing Race is a true test of talent, and underneath all the slick tv production is basically about the love of travel and adventure and the exploring (very quickly) of other cultures. F/M exemplify this and the Festers have really come a long way; that's why I root for them.

But I'm just a lowly tv viewer, slavishly caught up in the tv media juggernaut that is Jerry Bruckheimer.

11-13-01, 06:33 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Am I the only Guido fan?"
Fantastic post!!!!!!

>At the end of the day,
>I want to see the
>team win that has played
>the game the best>

me too!!!!

>But I'm just a lowly tv
>viewer, slavishly caught up in
>the tv media juggernaut that
>is Jerry Bruckheimer.

Me too, how sad that we are not and would NOT like to be as "cultured" as team guido.

redtabby 9 desperate attention whore postings

11-13-01, 07:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail redtabby Click to send private message to redtabby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Am I the only Guido fan?"
AmazingFan and some others have stated my feelings very well. I was totally rooting for the Grandparents and feel so cheated that they were eliminated because of money changing issues instead of because they were phsically slower or weren't able to complete the tasks. They were able to come back after trying for the FF and failing to get it, they still finished ahead of some of the younger teams. They treated each other and the other teams with respect. They played the game in a sportsmanlike manner. I seem to recall reading somewhere that sportsmanlike behavior is one of the rules of this game. Team Guido has not behaved in that manner, and they do not deserve to win. Money is not a valid reason for bad behavior. I am not bothered by them letting the other teams go to the wrong train, after all, there is not rule that says they need to help the other teams. But I was extremely bothered by them blocking the way at the airport and then lying about it.

11-13-01, 08:07 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Am I the only Guido fan?"
Alright, alright, this didn't turn out like I had hoped.

x.x I guess I was just hoping people who liked Guido would respond. I know, everyone has a right to talk. I just didn't mean to turn this into an arguement.

So, I'll stop posting. Sorry for creating an argument. :B I was feeling very alone in my Guidofanaticism, and was just curious if others liked them. It turned into an argument and I'm sorry. :\

^^ Well, one person said they liked Guido, so it was ultimately productive.

Signing off,

Guido Maniac

MsCurlGurl7 22 desperate attention whore postings

11-13-01, 10:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MsCurlGurl7 Click to send private message to MsCurlGurl7 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Am I the only Guido fan?"
The first epsiode of the show, I liked the guidos a lot, because they made it interesting. And my mom said she liked them too, and hoped they'd stick around cuase it was fun watching two "life partners" run around acting omniscient. But, now I'm jsut plain sick of them.. . So i guess you can say im a once guido fan....GO KEVIN AND DREW!!!!!! YAAAHH!!!

mscurlgurl7

zahadumguy 68 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-01, 09:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zahadumguy Click to send private message to zahadumguy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Am I the only Guido fan?"
I'm a Guido fan. I think they're playing the game the best out of all of the teams.

Vicdon 14 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-01, 10:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Vicdon Click to send private message to Vicdon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Am I the only Guido fan?"
As I stated above, I am a Guidos fan. Let me get this off my chest....I do not think they deliberately pushed Nancy. There might have been jostling for position with backpacks, but I don't think they actually pushed her. Nancy and Emily are too hysterical for this game. I am surprised Nancy has not had a breakdown. For a million dollars, I might play a little underhand as did the Guidos at the airport. There is nothing wrong with winning and with the stakes so high, adrenaline just takes over and you sometimes act like you normally would not in an everyday situation.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-01, 12:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Am I the only Guido fan?"
The Guidos are evil. If they were just competitive I could handle it. But they are mean. They are arrogant and seem to blame others for everything. They insult the others and feel no need to be polite and nice. I think we have seen their true nature and these are not people I would like to have any contact with outside the game. This is how they live their lives, not just play a game.

Ottawa_guy 6 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-01, 07:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ottawa_guy Click to send private message to Ottawa_guy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Am I the only Guido fan?"
Well Well Well.

I have to say that I too like team Guido!! I think they have the most international skill and ability to survive. I have no doubt that if they had been left to there own devices like in lost that they would all ready have won this game. I agree that they are not the nicest human beens on the planet but then they don't really seem to care either. They play and play hard! What they did was wrong at the airport! I really don't think they tried to push anyone but their intent was wrong. But about the train??? What the hell? If you can't figure it out for yourself get off the show! Most of these teams need babysitters!

This game is all about winning! There is no prize for second so you give 100% If the rift raft that surrounds you get in your way you remove it. In the end your opinion or mine means nothing to those two guys nor do they care what society in general think. How often do you think these guys have been condemned by family, former friends and co workers for being gay? I really think that as long as they know that when they get home with the money or with out it, that there true friends and family will love them regardless of what the editors of this show felt we should see!

Hail to the new CBS villains!

mark grace 35 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-14-01, 08:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mark%20grace Click to send private message to mark%20grace Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Am I the only Guido fan?"
Well I don't think you are the only Gudio fan out there.
Although I think and many others think that they have gone to far to win they are evil but we must give them credit for being sneaky. Everytime they find the route card they always walk in the opposite direction to shake people from the course.
The funniest thing was when all the competitors ended up on the plane together and when the guidos entered they happend to wave.
All the other competitors hate them.. Ahh The frat boys on the train bagged them out and I think they were all happy when they realised they missed the train.. it would have been icing on the cake if Momily where on the train...

11-14-01, 08:32 PM (EST)
36. "RE: Am I the only Guido fan?"
<<Although I think and many others think that they have gone to far to win they are evil >>

Evil? Hitler was evil. Guido is no Hitler. :\ Evil is way too strong a word.

And for the record, THEY hate all their other competitors, so it doesn't matter if their competitors hate them. They're not crying over it, dude.

gigigeorge 8 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-01, 10:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail gigigeorge Click to send private message to gigigeorge Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Am I the only Guido fan?"
I think the Guido's are the ONLY ones who are intelligent enough to figure out the game... just to recap for those who are confused it began with 11 teams of 2 - thats 2 people per team - not 1 team of 22 or someother combination... while everyone else is worried about helping each other out and being 'friends' with everyone - the Guido's have played the game. (as a team of 2)

As for the pushing of momily - all I have to say is watch that episode again..... once everyone missed their plane (which I think was pure genius on the part of the Guido's) the Fat Brothers TOLD everyone that the Guido's had pushed Momily... so I ask did it really happen ? of course we can only see what they choose to show us but I have watched over and over (yes I am obsessed) and I can not see where the Guido's were even close to the Momily's...

The Fat Brothers keep talking about how they are such good people but then they make threats ... breaking legs etc... hello can someone say HOMOPHOBIC ???? I have to wonder why they are a 'team' ??? hmmmmmm....

In the end 1 team of 2 gets to cross the finish line, I have confidence that it will be the Guido's ...

the rest are morons imho...

the biggest Guido fan of all....

11-15-01, 03:24 AM (EST)
38. "RE: Am I the only Guido fan?"
Right on, GigiGeorge!! I agree 100 percent. I very much dislike the Festers, personally. I was offended in how they criticized the poverty or cultural things in India and the other countries. I felt (and as did my family, who are not particularly Guido fans, by the way, they watch it for the game as a whole) it represented Americans as that kind of "mean" stereotype a lot of countries have about us.

11-15-01, 05:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mark%20grace Click to send private message to mark%20grace Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Am I the only Guido fan?"
You must be joking..

Emily said that the Guidos pushed her mother and the lawyers witnessed it as well..
Also when the guidos out right lied the Karyn he bill had the hide to say the truth is somewhere in the middle... what truth...
Guido's are evil... and they shall get theres... If there was such a thing as Karma.. they deserve to fly Gulf air... and choke on the bad airline food muhahaha

11-17-01, 05:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ozlifter Click to send private message to ozlifter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
64. "RE: Am I the only Guido fan?"
>the Fat
>Brothers TOLD everyone that the
>Guido's had pushed Momily

>The Fat Brothers keep talking about
>how they are such good

>the rest are morons imho...
>
>the biggest Guido fan of all....

From the name calling, insults, and general tone of rudeness in your post, I can see why you're a Guido fan.

AresMars 283 desperate attention whore postings

11-20-01, 02:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AresMars Click to send private message to AresMars Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
73. "RE: Am I the only Guido fan?"
LAST EDITED ON 11-20-01 AT 02:06 PM (EST)

Why can't Team A$$hole be evil just becuase they haven't started a world war and commited genocide? At what point can you call some one evil? Does murder have to be involved? How about depriving someone of freedom? What is your marker for allowing someone to be called evil?

If it's okay to interfere with the other teams and block them then why aren't the other teams doing it? Because they're decent and have a basic understanding of the meaning of fair play which eludes the Team A$$hole. Evil to me is those who lie, cheat, and steal? Team A$$hole fits the bill. They've lied on numerous occasions, I consider the blocking at the airport cheating although it's technically not against the rules but how about when they took the cab when they knew they were supposed to take the train in Italia , and trying to sneak into the Taj makes them theives. Evil? You bet these boys are evil and they no it which is why the huddle away from the decent folk.

They are hated now by the other teams becuase of the way they behaved. They made the choice to abuse the other teams and brought the hatred upon themselves.

When I was little and played baseball I didn't have to be taught not to spike the basemen when I slid in. I'll give odds if Team A$$hole played ball not only would they spike but they'd sharpen their cleats first. Hey what the heck, it's only a game.

Edited to say these guys are classless and have about as much culture as spoiled milk.

God Bless America

There are two types of people, predators and prey, and the sound you hear is the sharpening of my claws.

asperella 10 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-01, 06:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail asperella Click to send private message to asperella Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Am I the only Guido fan?"
Okay, I'm with you. Seeing how today's show went, I thought they made up for their mistakes somehow.

When they got their FF after their 3rd try or something, throwing 108 coins into the pots, they gave momily a sincere hug. After that, they told momily to take a boat ride to the temple of dawn and urged them to continue with the race.

At the pitstop, when the Guidos knew momily had 'saved them'from losing the chance of getting the million, they did another bear hug.

Its one up to the guidos, then again, perhaps the producers wanted to show the audience the non-guidoic side of them in this episode.

11-15-01, 06:21 AM (EST)
41. "RE: Am I the only Guido fan?"
<<Emily said that the Guidos pushed her mother and the lawyers witnessed it as well.>>

Nobody's denying what they said. But c'mon, there is no real footage showing it. It was a crowded thing. They could have been bumped by someone else or gotten thrown into Guido. There's really no proof either way.

11-15-01, 09:09 AM (EST)
42. "RE: Am I the only Guido fan? Karyn wasn't"
Dear Guido LOVERS

Well put this in your pipe and smoke it..

This was taken from an interview. It exposes the guidos as EVIL.

Karyn: Thanks for the respect. However, I think Team Guido really pushed Nancy. Those two were out to win at all costs. They made it clear that they were not there to be friendly or to make friends. Nancy would not have lied to me. To be fair, I felt the need to hear their side of the story. I did not expect them to be truthful, which is why I asked a camera crew to accompany me to go talk to them. They of course proved me right. They had lied so much in the past that you could never believe anything they said. I did not realize how much they lied to me until I watched it on television. They were scandalous!!

Any come backs.. Muhahah

No not likley

11-15-01, 12:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail gigigeorge Click to send private message to gigigeorge Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: Am I the only Guido fan? RE Karyn"
yeah yeah yeah like I would believe anything that woman said - she made, yes made her boyfriend go along with this whole show so she could humiliate him on worldwide TV.... I think she just has a problem with men... all said and done I agree that Lenny was probably the biggest winner of all - I would have lost that woman LONG AGO !

That bottom line is... if it were the fat brothers vs momily to win the $1 million prize I don't believe that they are anyone else for that matter would simply stand aside and let someone take the prize - quite frankly in the last episodes I expect to see lots of pushing and shoving... this is a competitive game not a friendly game - wanna play where no one gets hurt ? stay home in your pathetic hovel and play scrabble...

GO Guido's !

11-15-01, 12:26 PM (EST)
44. "RE: Am I the only Guido fan? RE Karyn"
Gigi, please do not refer to Kevin and Drew as the "fat brothers". I thought it was a mistake before and you meant to say "frat brothers" but you've done it a number of times. Just as you would not want someone calling the Guidos, the "homos", please refrain. I cringed when the Guidos called Kevin and drew the "fatties" and I would have done the same if I heard a team refer to the Guidos as the "homos" or the "fags".

BTW, even if the pushing was accidental, it does not excuse the deliberate malicious intent to prevent the teams from getting on the plane. And it does not excuse the lying they did to Karyn. We all saw it on TV. There's a difference between being competitive and being malificent. I do not believe the Guidos are pure evil, but I think they are a combination.

11-15-01, 12:59 PM (EST)
45. "RE: Am I the only Guido fan? RE Karyn"
sorry to offend....

I only hope that you never decide to be on one of these shows with your nicey nice attitude you most certainly would be the first off ...

Wasn't the intention of this thread to talk about the wonderful Guido's ? Let's maintain the integrity of this thread, if you want to start a I hate the Guido's thread - then do so and leave us to our praise and glorifying of Team Guido...

11-15-01, 03:15 PM (EST)
46. "RE: Am I the only Guido fan? RE Karyn"
<<Karyn: Thanks for the respect. However, I think Team Guido really pushed Nancy. Those two were out to win at all costs. They made it clear that they were not there to be friendly or to make friends. Nancy would not have lied to me. To be fair, I felt the need to hear their side of the story. I did not expect them to be truthful, which is why I asked a camera crew to accompany me to go talk to them. They of course proved me right. They had lied so much in the past that you could never believe anything they said. I did not realize how much they lied to me until I watched it on television. They were scandalous!! >>

Uh.. That was supposed to be some big, shutting me up thing?

Riiiiight.

If you'll look at my OTHER POST. You'll notice that I do NOT DENY WHAT NANCY, EMILY, ROB, BRENAN, or the FESTERS SAY.

What I have a problem with is if there was ACTUAL PUSHING. They did NOT show actual pushing. They showed them all in line but if it occured, they did not show that specific part.

I think it's very likely they were pushed, but who knows if it was by the Guidos? It was a crammed line, and the Guidos were moving around. I think it's entirely more possible they A) Knocked into Momily by accident, B) Were knocked into by Momily by accident, C) Didn't even touch Momily, who was pushed by someone else in the line on accident.

Until I see them pushing Momily for sure, I refuse to seriously say it happened. It was a crowded line. Too many things can happen. The scenario of deliberate pushing isn't necessarily the most likely one.

I have to thank Momily for cheating. It made my Guidos win. ! Thanks Momily!!

Go Guido

11-15-01, 03:31 PM (EST)
47. "RE: Am I the only Guido fan? RE Karyn"
There would have been no pushing possible if the Guido's hadn't cut in front of a line that they didn't need to be in in the first place. Their lone purpose in getting into that line was to obstruct the other team.

I guess you were (are) the kids who takes his ball and goes home when things don't go his way. Obviously their poor sportmanship doesn't bother you simple because you are gay. That's too bad that a persons preference rather than their character is how you judge them. I think that most people would call that discrimination.

"judged not by the color of their skin, but the content of their character." MLK

You choose to judge them on what they are, not who they are - that is too bad.

11-15-01, 03:45 PM (EST)
48. "RE: Am I the only Guido fan? RE Karyn"
<<I guess you were (are) the kids who takes his ball and goes home when things don't go his way. Obviously their poor sportmanship doesn't bother you simple because you are gay. That's too bad that a persons preference rather than their character is how you judge them. I think that most people would call that discrimination. >>

Uh, do NOT SAY GAY PEOPLE ARE POOR SPORTSMAN. That is SICKENING.

And for the DAMN RECORD, I am NOT like that.

Do NOT STEREOTYPE ME. You know NOTHING ABOUT ME. So cut it out.

I don't cheat, lie, or steal. Just because I like someone on a TV show doesn't mean I'm a bad person.

You're not a nice person because you like the other teams.

You have no right to judge me AT ALL, unless you KNOW ME.

And guess what?

YOU DON'T. So don't even go there if you have no idea who you're talking about.

I like a conniving, self-centered, ruthless team on a reality TV game show.

You're an idiot if you think you can judge my PERSONALITY and my MORAL VALUES ON THAT.

11-15-01, 04:07 PM (EST)
51. "RE: Am I the only Guido fan? RE Karyn"
Your endorsing their actions, so YES I can say that the way they have behaved in this game is deplorable and that you are accepting of deplorable behavior. I have a right to form an opinion on your personal value judgements on that basis. I have no idea if you are a bad person, but based on your visceral reaction I would guess that my first guess was correct.

I AM sorry that I misinterpreted an earlier comment you made in regards to like them because of their lifestyle. I assumed that your like of their lifestyle was because you participated in it. I have no problem with gay people and I NEVER said that gay people are poor sportmen. I said the GUIDOS are poor sportsmen, which they are, but you were ignoring that fact because you were happy to see gays on tv (again for reason I incorrectly assumed related to your own personal lifestyle).

Don't twist my comments and turn this into a homosexual debate. They are always quite ugly. Again, sorry for misunderstanding you personally. I don't give a damn about anybody's preferences, but when it leads to lemming-like acceptance of whatever they do (read - Jessie Jackson) I find that totally unacceptable. Your motivation for ignoring the actions of the Guidos was wrong, but I believe that i was right on target regarding the thought processes.

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

11-15-01, 03:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
49. "RE: Am I the only Guido fan? RE Karyn"
>> Obviously their poor sportmanship doesn't bother you simple >> because you are gay. That's too bad that a persons preference >> rather than their character is how you judge them. I think >> that most people would call that discrimination.

I'm glad someone found the gentle way to point this out. I can't stomach those who bash Team Guido because they are gay, and I can't abide those who defend them because they identify with their homosexuality.

It's unfortunate that this is how we identify both the contestants and ourselves.

I never once saw a post about Frank and Margarita, or Lenny and Karyn, being black and therefore too stupid to win, or being homies who can't lose in urban settings.
No one cared that they are black.

As for Joe and Bill, I don't care if they are gay. I care if they deliberately sabotage the other teams. We are not here judging their sexuality, just their character. I couldn't root for my brother if he displayed the lack of character we've seen from Guido.

Team Guido is arrogant and disrespectful of the other teams, which is irritating and misguided.
Their hubris should have, and may yet be, their downfall.

And that will get a lot of people here cheering.

11-15-01, 03:52 PM (EST)
50. "RE: Am I the only Guido fan? RE Karyn"
<<I'm glad someone found the gentle way to point this out. I can't stomach those who bash Team Guido because they are gay, and I can't abide those who defend them because they identify with their homosexuality. >>

Do you people not read my posts?

I CLEARLY stated that while I *identify* with their homosexuality, I would like Guido WITHOUT it.

Don't say I like them because they're gay, if I have tried to make it clear that it is one of many things that makes me like them, and not crucial in the LEAST.

Ruthless 281 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-01, 04:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ruthless Click to send private message to Ruthless Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
52. "RE: Am I the only Guido fan? RE Karyn"
It's the Guido's smug, self-satisfied attitude that I can't stand. I found it highly amusing during the Paris episdoes, where they were bragging about how well they knew Paris because they had lived there, and then they never got to any of the checkpoints first. The looks on their faces when they saw the other teams ahead of them was priceless.

Being in Australia, I haven't seen episode 9 yet, only read the spoilers here. It seems they weren't very smart in this episode either because they got the fast forward and then didn't bother going straight there and nearly got eliminated.

Never underestimate the ability of your opponents is the first rule in a race. They have constantly underestimated the ability of their opponents and been beaten to pitstops when they were convinced they were so far in front. They still haven't learnt that maybe the other teams are actually cleverer than they are.

11-15-01, 05:22 PM (EST)
53. "RE: Am I the only Guido fan? RE Karyn"
ugh Hello ??? do you even watch the show or just read other peoples posted messages ??

In paris (episode II), Joe and Bill were the 1st team to arrive at the Eiffel Tower (the first stop in Paris) and the came in 2nd at the Arc de Triomphe ONLY because the 2 women got the fast forward...

so yeah, what was that you were saying ???

Now I will agree that their overconfidence almost cost them this last leg but in the end they got to stay. YAY !

Ruthless 281 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-01, 09:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ruthless Click to send private message to Ruthless Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
58. "RE: Am I the only Guido fan? RE Karyn"
I have seen every episode up to No. 8 - some of them twice, because it is on late at night and I tape it for my son and watch it again when he watches it.

Remember the second Paris episode? The Guidos were nearly the last team to arrive at the road block where one member had to go through the sewers.

And they weren't the first team to the pendulum either.

Overconfidence about their knowledge of the city allowed them to become complacent.

11-17-01, 05:19 AM (EST)
66. "RE: Am I the only Guido fan? RE Karyn"
I also found your postings to be offensive.

KelvinKing 64 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-01, 08:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KelvinKing Click to send private message to KelvinKing Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
56. "RE: Am I the only Guido fan? RE Karyn"
DO u honestly think that Kevin, Drew, Rob, Brennan would have let the Dildos off if they really missed their flight ??

It would be interesting to see Drew carry out his "break ur legs" threat. LOL

11-17-01, 05:16 AM (EST)
65. "RE: Am I the only Guido fan?"
><<Emily said that the Guidos pushed her mother and the lawyers witnessed it as well.>>
>
>Nobody's denying what they said. But
>c'mon, there is no real
>footage showing it. It was
>a crowded thing. They could
>have been bumped by someone
>else or gotten thrown into
>Guido. There's really no proof
>either way.

You can't tell me you don't think they pushed Nancy. Come on! The lawyers even said they saw it happen. There has been nothing so far in the series that would make me think they would lie. The lawyers seem perfectly respectable and trustworthy. And Nancy herself says they pushed her. I really believe that she is an honest person and would not let a lie (especially at her expense) be spread that would damage a person's character. You're just in denial. The Guidos pushed Nancy. I don't have doubt in my mind.

NightScribe 761 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-15-01, 06:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NightScribe Click to send private message to NightScribe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
54. "RE: Am I the only Guido fan?"
I don't know why I'm responding necessarily except to clarify a few things.
First, I have no problem saying this, I AM gay, and I can't stand team Guido. For my explanation why, check the archives under the heading "official team guido basher thread". In it, myself and others dicussed their despicable behavior and avoided any discussion of homosexuality because, quite frankly, it matters not. They do not act the way they do because they are gay, but rather because they are arrogant, pompous, people that think far more of themselves than anyone else does.

I'd also like to point out that in addition to lying about the Tunisia Airport incident, they also compared themselves to battered women and the "cycle of violence". This is not only bullsh!t, but an insult to women who have actually suffered from abuse. Vicitimizing themselves in that manner was just a passive-aggressive attempt to throw the heat off of themselves and onto another team. It's disgusting. They are truly horrible representations of tens of thousands of decent, morally upstanding gay people in this country.

Finally, this board does not tolerate gay bashing or any other kind of bashing that singles out groups of people for hate speech, and this includes overweight people. The people who stay around this place are those who avoid this mistake. I welcome all new posters to the board and hope you enjoy yourselves here, but never forget that there are real people out there reading this and some are gay and some are overweight. Offending other posters is a bad idea, so I suggest you calm down the tone of your posts in the future.

Psssst... I was never here

katem 3315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-15-01, 07:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail katem Click to send private message to katem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
55. "RE: Am I the only Guido fan?"
It's funny you even remember Kristen, from Murder in Small Town X. I do not think she was nasty at all, she seemed very nice, just loud and opinionated. I was rooting for her.

The problem with the Guidos (of which I was a huuuuggee fan of in the beginning) has been outlined by many in this thread already, I can easily say that I agree with most of them. They have not been good sports at all and they have crossed all the lines that they should not have even looked at.

But, lets all remember that most of these contestants have come out and said that they like the Guidos, now that the game is over. Even Nancy said she stayed with them for a month at their home (she said so in the Early Show), so lets not just judge a book by its television cover.

By the way, I was just shocked to hear that Angel, the guy that actually WON Murder in Small Town X, was one of the firefighters that passed away 09/11. How is that for reality television. How sad.

11-15-01, 09:23 PM (EST)
57. "RE: Am I the only Guido fan?"
<<
By the way, I was just shocked to hear that Angel, the guy that actually WON Murder in Small Town X, was one of the firefighters that passed away 09/11. How is that for reality television. How sad. >>

That WAS sad. How sadly ironic. :\

For the record, to the entire board, I don't mind disagreeing about the Guidos.

But I'm making a pleasant request to NOT make judging statements about me as a person without knowing me. It's really upsetting, because I don't think any person can be judged on what TV shows they watch and what characters on them they like. I know several caring people who work at rape crisis centers, who love villains on TV just because they make things interesting.

I don't mind arguing about the Guidos or other people hating them.. But please don't judge someone you don't know, because they like some people you don't like.

nyjames 3 desperate attention whore postings

11-16-01, 12:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nyjames Click to send private message to nyjames Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
59. "RE: Am I the only Guido fan?"
I don't know why so many people hate Team Guido.

Theam Guido is my favorite team so far and they play the game pretty well. They are calm, they don't scream, they don't yell
and I barely see them showing frustration. They try their best to win and they are smart. They know what they are doing in the race. Hello, none of them are coming to make friends in the race. You have to try your best to win.

I see some teams helping each other or playing as a group or even sharing information, well, it is not right, it is cheating. It is totally unfair to the teams behind.

Think about that, if the lawyers and fat boys are not in the lead, do you think they are still nice and generous ?

GO Team Guido!

11-16-01, 12:33 PM (EST)
60. "RE: Am I the only Guido fan?"
"They are calm, they don't scream, they don't yell
and I barely see them showing frustration."

LOL, James, are you watching the same show everyone else is?

Team Guido has been anything but calm and they scream and yell just as much if not more than everyone else. Does anyone else remember:

1) Blonde Guido screaming at the camel guy to hurry up and get him off the camel
2) Blonde Guido in the rickshaw screaming at the Indian locals and waving his hands to get them to move out of his way
3) Blonde Guido in the Tunisian market screaming at his driver to just go and run over Momily, who was standing in the square and thanking the young boys for being so nice.
4) The infamous Tunisian airport scene

I am sure there are more incidents others remember. Yes, other teams have screamed and yelled, notably Karyn and Emily, but you seem to be putting the Guidos up for sainthood. They most definitely do not deserve it.

11-16-01, 12:36 PM (EST)
61. "RE: Am I the only Guido fan?"
>>I am sure there are more incidents others remember. Yes, other teams have screamed and yelled, notably Karyn and Emily, but you seem to be putting the Guidos up for sainthood. They most definitely do not deserve it. <<

They argue less. They've argued with each other a couple times, but NOWHERE near the Festers and F/M.

Denyse 24 desperate attention whore postings

11-17-01, 01:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Denyse Click to send private message to Denyse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
67. "RE: Am I the only Guido fan?"
oh c'mon...
Guido is the most respectful team in the race...

which other team knelt down when they received the clues from the wise man in india?

not the fatties...they even made fun of him being old...

not the other teams either..

zahadumguy 68 desperate attention whore postings

11-17-01, 04:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zahadumguy Click to send private message to zahadumguy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
68. "RE: Am I the only Guido fan?"
Are you watching the same show as I? Every other teams actions in India were terrible! Or maybe your hatred for the Guidos have given you blinders. The Guidos were the most congenial of any of the teams in India. I didn't see a single instant of them bad-mouthing the country and they greeted everyone properly with a sincere Hai. Every other team was talking how terrible the natives were and shouting at the locals. The marketplace shout in a traffic jam was nothing compared to what the other teams did.

As far as the camel bit, if I paid someone $50 to lead my camel a couple klicks to a finish line and he was watching the scenery at the end, Damn right I'd be yelling at him!!

Tunisian cab scene obviously I don't see the way you do. I didn't hear them yell "run over those people" only urging the cab driver to go. Maybe your TV has better reception than mine.

As far as holding up the locals, the three team holding up the train in Italy was far worse.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

11-17-01, 06:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
69. "RE: Am I the only Guido fan?"
Yes the Guidos acted wonderful in India. Trying to sneak into the Taj Mahal without paying is really showing your class and dignity. LOL!

11-19-01, 01:31 PM (EST)
72. "RE: Am I the only Guido fan?"
Zahadum, I did not say that the Guidos were the only ones doing things like this in India. I was responding to the poster who said that the Guidos do not scream or yell. I was trying to point out that they're just as bad as everyone else.

While the Guidos do not yell much at each other, they have certainly yelled at locals, blonde Guido in particular. There is no reason why he had to yell at the camel guy. I pay waitresses to bring me my food, just because I am paying for my food does not give me the right to scream and yell and treat her with disrespect. As far as the taxi in Tunisia, I clearly saw Momily standing in front of their cab, and blonde Guido repeatedly yelled, just go just go just go. It was obvious there was nowhere to go until the people in front moved out of the way, and I think his urging "just go" was intended to convince them to move out of the way. Of course my TV does not have better sound, there's no reason for you to be so snippy. Regarding the airport, I was talking about their behavior towards not only the locals but the other teams. To make such a scene in an international airport is not bright, particularly since it was done with such malicious intent. I read somewhere that armed guards had to come on the scene and straighten things out. I am surprised that the Guidos were not taken away and interrogated, surely that would be in the case if they were to do that now.

In sum, let's all try to get along here. This thread is becoming quite caustic. We all have our favorite teams, we can agree to disagree.

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

11-18-01, 02:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
70. "RE: Am I the only Guido fan?"
Can we clarify the language a little then?

You don't "like" Joe and Bill. You yourself have pointed out that we don't know them. We can't like them, or hate them.

You enjoy watching the Guidos because their behavior is entertaining. And I agree with you there. They bring huge entertainment value to the show.
Many others feel their actions have been immoral and despicable.
And I agree with them as well.

Can we agree on this: Immoral despicable behavior makes great television, but I wouldn't invite them home for dinner.

TJ

Denyse 24 desperate attention whore postings

11-17-01, 03:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Denyse Click to send private message to Denyse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
62. "RE: Am I the only Guido fan?"
nope, you are not the only one with good taste...

guidos of the world unite!

joe's quite cute, doncha think?

11-18-01, 07:31 PM (EST)
71. "RE: Am I the only Guido fan?"
I can't believe some of the post I have read in this thread.

I must say this...

Those who Judge others condem themselves.

I'm sure if we placed a television camera crew that the crew would capture all your dishonest dealings. Who amoungst us hasn't cheated lied. The Guidos are no different to anyone in this world..

It just goes to show what kind of world we live in today.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •