The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Episode 6 ???? From CBS Website"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

TwinkyDik 24 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-09-01, 01:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TwinkyDik Click to send private message to TwinkyDik Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Episode 6 ???? From CBS Website"
--------------------------------------------------
A hungry Boran tribe member wants to kill a chicken for food, while the rest of the tribe wants to keep the chickens alive and live on the eggs.

When a "quiet" conversation is overheard by one tribe member, another member considers betraying old friends.

A tribe member, originally disliked by many, turns out to be a pretty good teacher.
--------------------------------------------------

My guess is that the third one may refer to Frank or Clarence.
Don't forget that Clarence is a high school basketball coach...

As for the quiet conversation, I'm betting that one of the GXA considers switching to the NewSubaruers (TLK) after Brandon and Lyndsey keep trying to convince (none too subtlely) that each has votes.

As for the first snippet...who gives a sh1t?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Episode 6 ???? From CBS Website ivoryElephant 11-09-01 1
 RE: Episode 6 ???? From CBS Website PepeLePew13 11-09-01 2
 RE: Episode 6 ???? From CBS Website Stairway2Dayton 11-09-01 3
   RE: Episode 6 ???? From CBS Website Bebo 11-09-01 5
 RE: Episode 6 ???? From CBS Website SurvivorGuy 11-09-01 4
 RE: Episode 6 ???? From CBS Website George Tirebiter 11-09-01 6
 RE: Episode 6 ???? From CBS Website MDSkinner 11-09-01 7
 RE: Episode 6 ???? From CBS Website HomeBrewer 11-09-01 8
 RE: Episode 6 ???? From CBS Website zzz 11-09-01 9
 RE: Episode 6 ???? From CBS Website Mumbo Jumbo 11-09-01 10
   RE: Episode 6 ???? From CBS Website zzz 11-09-01 11
 Ethan? TaurusII 11-09-01 12
 RE: Episode 6 ???? From CBS Website turtle 11-09-01 13
 RE: Episode 6 ???? From CBS Website dangerkitty 11-10-01 14
   RE: Episode 6 ???? From CBS Website I_AM_HE 11-10-01 15
   RE: Episode 6 ???? From CBS Website Swami 11-10-01 16
   RE: Episode 6 ???? From CBS Website TwinkyDik 11-10-01 17
 RE: Episode 6 ???? From CBS Website Guy 11-11-01 18
   RE: Episode 6 ???? From CBS Website TechNoir 11-11-01 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ivoryElephant 2257 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

11-09-01, 01:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ivoryElephant Click to send private message to ivoryElephant Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Episode 6 ???? From CBS Website"
I am geussing Frank is the teacher that everyone begins to like and that Kim P is the one to switch alliances. She is smart and Lindsey and Brandon make her mad.
She was very upset at the beginning of the show right after tribal counsel. The way they were ragging on the older alliance made her uncomfortable.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-09-01, 04:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Episode 6 ???? From CBS Website"

>A hungry Boran tribe member wants to kill a chicken for
>food, while the rest of the tribe wants to keep
>the chickens alive and live on the eggs.

>As for the first snippet...who gives
>a sh1t?

Well it might be nothing, but could possibly lead to a conflict going on in camp that provides some clue into who would be the next bootee. This is either Clarence or Frank -- it's not Ethan as he's a vegetarian and would choose eggs over chicken, and I don't see MamaKim or Teresa being the type of person to ruffle feathers about which food to go for. Does anyone know whose voice was it in the preview talking about a food problem?

>A tribe member, originally disliked by many, turns out to be
>a pretty good teacher.
>
>My guess is that the third one may refer to Frank
>or Clarence. Don't forget that Clarence is a
>high school basketball coach...

It could just be a reference to Frank showing Ethan-Kim-Clarence how to build a good boma to protect the campsite, or Clarence does something to redeem himself in a great way. Teaching what, though?

Clarence is a high school basketball coach, Ethan is a assistant coach for university soccer teams, and Kim J. is a former teacher. If that quote is in reference to a teaching past, then only Clarence would fit as "originally disliked by many." Heck, it could be something simple as Brandon teaching people how to apply mud makeup to their faces!

>As for the quiet conversation, I'm betting that one of the
>GXA considers switching to the NewSubaruers (TLK) after Brandon
>and Lindsey keep trying to convince (none too subtlely) that
>each has votes.

Good thinking there, Twinky... I don't see Lindsey being a candidate to switch at all, but either Kim P. or Brandon could be the one to switch. We might have gotten some foreshadowing from episode 4's TC where Brandon did his tearful Friends speech only to go against his 'friends' in episode 6. Kim P could be the one to switch because she's more mature and slightly older (29) than the other two Mallrats -- and she would likely click well with someone like Kelly.

"Damn you, Carl, for leaving me here with a bunch of misfits."
Frank Garrison, Nov. 1/01

Stairway2Dayton 104 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-09-01, 06:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Stairway2Dayton Click to send private message to Stairway2Dayton Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Episode 6 ???? From CBS Website"
Perhaps the disliked teacher will be Brandon, who will teach the GXA girls how to actually play the game instead of whining and crying. It doesn't state that the people doing the learning are the ones who disliked the teacher in the beginning.

S2D

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

11-09-01, 12:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Episode 6 ???? From CBS Website"
Or perhaps Brandon teaches an important lesson by turning on Lindsey and mentioning her prior votes.

The dislike part of the term could refer to the distaste that the nonGXAers had toward the laziness of the Mallrats.

SurvivorGuy 24 desperate attention whore postings

11-09-01, 11:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorGuy Click to send private message to SurvivorGuy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Episode 6 ???? From CBS Website"
The only people who were originally disliked by many are Clarence and Frank. (Diane and Linda are now long gone.) I would guess Frank is the one who turns out to be a pretty good teacher. Actually, Frank was disliked, while Clarence was not trusted.

George Tirebiter 2982 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-09-01, 03:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail George%20Tirebiter Click to send private message to George%20Tirebiter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Episode 6 ???? From CBS Website"
>A hungry Boran tribe member wants to kill a chicken for
>food, while the rest of the tribe wants to keep
>the chickens alive and live on the eggs.
I believe chickens lay one egg a day--although what they might do under stress is anyone's guess. A rooster is not necessary for egg-laying, unless you're interested in producing chicks. Three eggs for five people? Not terribly substantial, but then one bird wouldn't go far, either--and after four meals, nothing more to look forward to (except popcorn?) Since Clarence has been the greedy eater before, I would expect him to be the one to piss and moan about it now; I doubt Frank or Teresa would try to make waves, Ethan wouldn't want to eat the bird (or the eggs, perhaps--depends on what kind of vegetarian he is), MamaKim is too precarious and not likely to push for short-sighted satisfaction.

>When a "quiet" conversation is overheard by one tribe member, another
>member considers betraying old friends.
The obvious choice here is Brandi--I think there's been a lot to set him up for betrayal of that fine Beady Baby alliance--but I can also see Kim doing it. . . she DID look upset with her new position, LIndsey's whining, and if she realizes ChapstickBoy is going to leave the two girls out to twist in the wind, she may try something to save her ass first.

>A tribe member, originally disliked by many, turns out to be a pretty good teacher.
I agree this must be Frank. Now that he's in the midst of like-minded DOERS (not slackers) I think he will be able to share his survival skills with a willing group, making him obviously more useful than Clarence. Clarence? I think he screwed himself by becoming Silas' good buddy, and with his prior transgressions, they're not going to have much patience for him on any level. What could a basketball coach possibly offer, anyway? Lindsey seems fairly universally disliked, but I doubt she has any knowledge worth imparting to anyone, anywhere. The only other player who could be described as "disliked" could be Tom--and he couldn't even take charge in his own area of expertise, goat-fu. . . uh. . . herding!

GT

MDSkinner 716 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-09-01, 04:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MDSkinner Click to send private message to MDSkinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Episode 6 ???? From CBS Website"
I would definitely have to think that Frank is the one that turns out to be a good teacher. Even though most do not like the guy that much, he does have some pretty solid qualities when it comes to surviving the wilderness, and now that he is away from the brats, I think he will probably be able to thrive.

HomeBrewer 104 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-09-01, 04:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HomeBrewer Click to send private message to HomeBrewer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Episode 6 ???? From CBS Website"
>A tribe member, originally disliked by
>many, turns out to be
>a pretty good teacher.
>--------------------------------------------------
>
>My guess is that the third
>one may refer to Frank
>or Clarence.
>Don't forget that Clarence is a
>high school basketball coach...
>

I will guess Clarence here. I agree with the basketball coaching comment. Could be that the IC or RC is sport related It is interesting to see that there have been challenges specific to each player's profession

Goat Herding (Tom)
Ball Rolling (Ethan Soccer) I know, a stretch...
Bar Tending (Silas & Brandi)
Pole Setting and Climbing (Frank for the Elec. Co.)

I cannot wait for the tooth pulling contest, even though Carl is gone Maybe that comes during individual immunity

“Always remember that I have taken more out of alcohol than alcohol has taken out of me.” -Winston Churchill

zzz 703 desperate attention whore postings

11-09-01, 05:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Episode 6 ???? From CBS Website"

>A hungry Boran tribe member wants
>to kill a chicken for
>food, while the rest of
>the tribe wants to keep
>the chickens alive and live
>on the eggs.

I agree with what seems to be majority view that Clarence is the one that wants the chickens (if I were there I would want the chickens--much more useful than the eggs that probably won't materialize at all anyway). But I don't think there will be any major fallout from the conflict (although if they are so worried about running out of food as the preview suggested, I again say--"DON'T SAVE THE CHICKENS")

>
>When a "quiet" conversation is overheard
>by one tribe member, another
>

Again--I think the majority has this narrowed down to Brandon or KimP betraying Lindsey's vote situation. That is the only thing that seems to make sense. Of course, MB seems to be making us think it will be Brandon, so I guess it will be KimP--or maybe Brandon, I don't know. What I do have a definite opinion on is that it will NOT materialize as a betrayal. The person "considers" the betrayal. Whenever MB wants us to think someone will stab someone in the back -- they almost never do (unless it is Jerri--but they never liked her to begin with). So either Samburu won't go to TC (which I think is the case) so it won't become relevant or Lindsey will lose in a 3-3 tie break but no betrayal by Brandon or KimP--just MB hype about betrayal.

>
>many, turns out to be
>a pretty good teacher.
>
Again--I agree this is probably Frank, although I have no idea what he will teach.

Actually, of the three quotes, the second one is the only one that really intrigues me.

Mumbo Jumbo 270 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-09-01, 06:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mumbo%20Jumbo Click to send private message to Mumbo%20Jumbo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Episode 6 ???? From CBS Website"
>to kill a chicken for
>food, while the rest of
>the tribe wants to keep
>on the eggs.

Got to be the "hungry man" Clarence
>

I seem to differ on this one because I immediately thought of Kelly overhearing a conversation between Lex and Tom about their alliance with Ethan. I can't see her betraying Lex and Tom by switching to the GXA since she seemed not to respect them, but she could use her current position as the swing vote to ensure that they take her into the alliance.

>
>many, turns out to be
>a pretty good teacher.

Sounds like Frank to me. He would have the kind of knowledge useful in Africa.

zzz 703 desperate attention whore postings

11-09-01, 06:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Episode 6 ???? From CBS Website"
Mumbo--

You have a point. Perhaps it could be Kelly. But I don't see how she can "ensure" being in the alliance. After all, Colby "assured" Jerri he was with her and Amber. They will tell her what they need to and do what they have to later. I also think this is MB just teasing us. There may be talk of it, but I am not convinced there will actually be a betrayal.

TaurusII 53 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-09-01, 06:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TaurusII Click to send private message to TaurusII Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Ethan?"
On the Vidcap thread, it looks like Ethan is the one worrying about the food supply. Maybe he's the one who suggests eating the chickens.

And for a vegetarian, he certainly didn't have any trouble with the cow blood...

Just an idea...

)O_II

turtle 23 desperate attention whore postings

11-09-01, 06:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail turtle Click to send private message to turtle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Episode 6 ???? From CBS Website"
>to kill a chicken for
>food, while the rest of
>the tribe wants to keep
>on the eggs.

My guess is Frank. Though Boran seems to like Frank, they obviously haven't been exposed to his stubborn, bossy side yet. I imagine he'll have some rationale for why they should kill the chicken (i.e. if we eat it now, we'll have strength to win the next Reward Challenge, which will bring us more food) and then will stick to his guns in typical Frank fashion, unable to understand why no one else can see his point of view. Besides, Clarence is just too obvious a choice...and he knows his stock is low - he'd be a complete moron to go about pissing off his tribe...then again...

>
The obvious choices are Kim P and Brandon, since they are pretty much the only ones who can be considered as having 'old friends,' and if either overheard someone assuming Lindsey had the votes, they would obviously try and jump ship...

But can any one really be considered to have 'old' friends after only 15 days??....I know this is a stretch, but if you think of 'old' in terms of age, then you've got Kelly with her two 'old' friends Lex and Tom. Considering the fact that she's out of the loop in Boran (her only real ally was Clarence), if she were to overhear Lex and Tom talking about post-merge strategy (which is likely, since they're all expecting a merge after the next TC) it might be in her best interests to jump ship and have a team of 4, hoping possibly to sign up Clarence (making it 5) after the merge.

Brandon WAS shown complaining about his whiny allies, which foreshadows that it might be him...but Kelly was also shown several times distancing herself from her new tribemates and insisting she still thought of herself as Boran...could this be the set up for the surprise betrayal?

I know the clues are usually pretty blunt, but maybe this is worth considering...

>many, turns out to be
>a pretty good teacher.

I'm guessing Clarence. Frank was only ever disliked by a few. Clarence, on the other hand, was disliked by everyone. And why would they say "turns out to be a pretty good teacher," as if no one is expecting that this person could be a good teacher, if it's Frank? All along Frank has been shown to be some kind of survival guru who always knows what needs to be done and how to do it. "Good teacher" in his case wouldn't be much of a stretch...
>
>

dangerkitty 1913 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

11-10-01, 08:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerkitty Click to send private message to dangerkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Episode 6 ???? From CBS Website"
Posting here to bump this preview verbage, and also to comment on the wording:

When a "quiet" conversation is overheard by one tribe member, another member considers betraying old friends.

The conversation is overheard by ONE member, and ANOTHER considers betraying old friends. So the one who heard tells the other, and that one considers betrayal.

Most speculation has assumed that the member who hears it, considers betrayal. The wording says otherwise.

I think this rules out Kelly as the one considering betrayal. Lex or Tom wouldn't tell her something they heard that would do that. If one of the GXA tells Kelly that they heard Tom and Lex talking against her, she would not believe it - at least that seems highly unlikely, even though she has not been crazy about Tom and Lex in the past.

It fits for the GXA, although who hears what and who tells who is speculation. Let's just say: Lindsey hears LTK say that they are voting for KimP or Brandon. She tells them and is all excited because she won't be voted out. KP/B are so annoyed with her now that they consider telling LTK that Lindsey has the votes, so that he/she won't have to risk the tiebreaker.

I mean, really - B/KP are supposed to risk their own hide on the crapshoot of the tiebreaker, just so Lindsey is saved? And since we know now that B/KP are the close ones, and Lindsey/Silas were close - well, when they see that Silas is gone, they may just decide to move on without her.

On Boran, the only "old friends" would really be Tom and Lex being Ethan's old friends. It would have to something about forming a new alliance without them, and I just can't see Ethan doing this. I'm sure there are some other possibilities, but I don't see them yet.

dangerkitty
Goddess of Words

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

11-10-01, 08:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Episode 6 ???? From CBS Website"
>>The conversation is overheard by ONE member, and ANOTHER
>>considers betraying old friends. So the one who heard tells the
>>other, and that one considers betrayal.

*picks his jaw off the floor*
great catch dk!!!!!(!!!!! ;))

i can't believe we didn't notice this! and i agree, Lindsey hearing and Brandi or Kim P doing the betrayal is most likely. Another twist on this scenario is that Lindsey hears LTK saying they already know she has the votes, and she goes whining and moping to Kim and Brandon, and one of the two, realizing they're screwed, decides to join LTK as a sign of good faith

or possibly B or KP hear this info, and upon relating it to Lindsey, she makes a desparate attempt to join LTK against B or KP. i see this as rather unlikely, especially since i doubt LTK would trust that she would vote with them, which would end with a tie in votes as well as in previous votes. not a chance i see them taking if they know Lindsey already has votes

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings

11-10-01, 08:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Episode 6 ???? From CBS Website"
>

>The conversation is overheard by ONE
>member, and ANOTHER considers betraying
>old friends. >

Good catch, dangerkitty. I missed the distinction while reading other posts, and it is a crucial one.

>I mean, really - B/KP are
>supposed to risk their own
>hide on the crapshoot of
>the tiebreaker, just so Lindsey
>is saved? And since
>we know now that B/KP
>are the close ones, and
>Lindsey/Silas were close - well,
>when they see that Silas
>is gone, they may just
>decide to move on without
>her.
>
I agree. I also think they are likely to continue the appearance of supporting Lindsey right up to TC, since they know she is emotional & vindictive, and if she gets pi$$ed off as she easily does, she is quite capable of giving one of them a spite vote.

Swami

TwinkyDik 24 desperate attention whore postings

11-10-01, 10:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TwinkyDik Click to send private message to TwinkyDik Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Episode 6 ???? From CBS Website"
I think you are missing out on the "QUIET" in quotation marks.
This suggests to me that the conversation was not meant to be quiet at all.
We all know that Brandon and Lindsey are trying to deflect attention away from Lindsey. With there none too subtle hints about who recieved votes. I suspect KimP will hedge her bets and betray Lindsey and Brandon in order to not be a target herself. How well does she think she knows that survival manual?

Guy 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-11-01, 07:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Guy Click to send private message to Guy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Episode 6 ???? From CBS Website"
Clarence will want to kill th chicken
A member or Gen X will here Ethan tell LTK about Lindseys votes
Kim will turn on Gen X..or maybe Lindsey will to save her a$$ for a while
Odds are Frank will help them in the Bow and Arrow IC
Peace
And this is my first post...been comin here 4ever but ive always been too lazy to sign up and psot somethin

TechNoir 9741 desperate attention whore postings

11-11-01, 07:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TechNoir Click to send private message to TechNoir Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Episode 6 ???? From CBS Website"
Ok, I'm too cynical but ....

I think the chicken thingy could be another of MB's famous misleading teases.
One male chicken and three females, as I recall. Maybe they don't really disagree
but someone wants to kill the male while the others want to keep the females
for eggs.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •