The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Pat Tillman's last few minute"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-06-04, 12:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Pat Tillman's last few minute"
This really sucks!!

Misdirected U.S. machine-gun fire killed Tillman

Associated Press
WASHINGTON -- The last minutes of Pat Tillman's life were a horror of misdirected machine-gun fire and signals to firing colleagues that were misunderstood as hostile acts, according to an account published Sunday of the death of the NFL player-turned-soldier.

Handcrafted by Rolly - ain't it cool!!

Keep lookin' up, cuz that's where it all is. o-

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Pat Tillman's last few minute J Slice 12-06-04 1
   RE: Pat Tillman's last few minute nailbone 12-06-04 2
   RE: Pat Tillman's last few minute HobbsofMI 12-06-04 3
       RE: Pat Tillman's last few minute ginger 12-06-04 5
           RE: Pat Tillman's last few minute HobbsofMI 12-06-04 7
 RE: Pat Tillman's last few minute HistoryDetective 12-06-04 4
   RE: Pat Tillman's last few minute ginger 12-06-04 6
       RE: Pat Tillman's last few minute nailbone 12-06-04 8
           RE: Pat Tillman's last few minute seahorse 12-06-04 9
           RE: Pat Tillman's last few minute J Slice 12-06-04 10
               RE: Pat Tillman's last few minute nailbone 12-06-04 11
                   RE: Pat Tillman's last few minute J Slice 12-06-04 12
                       RE: Pat Tillman's last few minute nailbone 12-06-04 13
   RE: Pat Tillman's last few minute bondt007 12-06-04 14
       RE: Pat Tillman's last few minute Spidey 12-06-04 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings

12-06-04, 12:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Pat Tillman's last few minute"
LAST EDITED ON 12-06-04 AT 12:59 PM (EST)

I thought this was already known?

Certainly up's the suck factor.

Edited to add from the article... Emphasis added by me.

"Suddenly, he saw the attacking Humvee move into 'a better position to fire on us.' He heard a new machine gun burst and hit the ground, praying, as Pat Tillman fell," the Post reported.

The Ranger said Tillman had repeatedly screamed out his name and shouted for the shooting to stop, the Post said. He and others waved their arms, only attracting more fire. Tillman was shot repeatedly by rifles, finally succumbing to the machine gun.

The second part of the Post series, published on the newspaper's Web site Sunday night, tells of "a broader Army effort to manage the uncomfortable facts of Pat Tillman's death."

12-06-04, 01:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Pat Tillman's last few minute"
I thought this was already known?

I think parts of it were known, but not the really ugly stuff that's coming out.

HobbsofMI 16065 desperate attention whore postings

12-06-04, 01:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Pat Tillman's last few minute"
The thing that bugs me is the Army knew this before they even released the information that he died and then played it up that he died a hero when they already knew he died of friendly fire.

However, what should we expect our military to do? Tell the truth as what is happening in the war on Terror in Afghanistan and Iraq....naw.....that would be too much to ask for the American Public.

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

12-06-04, 01:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Pat Tillman's last few minute"
I imagine the only thing worse than losing your husband/brother/son in battle is learning it was "friendly fire."

Jeez.

HobbsofMI 16065 desperate attention whore postings

12-06-04, 01:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Pat Tillman's last few minute"
Yes, but in war mistakes happen and I can understand the Army softening the blow to the family but to broadcast it to the world and now back pedal. That has to hurt more to the family if they would have been told up front.

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings

12-06-04, 01:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Pat Tillman's last few minute"
I wish that the death of every American soldier killed in the War on Terror(ism) merited this much attention.

a sig by syren

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

12-06-04, 01:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Pat Tillman's last few minute"
Good point. Because other people sacrifices their lives, and that's really just as important as sacrificing a lucrative football contract.

The 8 Days of Slice. Such a smart girl!

12-06-04, 02:34 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Pat Tillman's last few minute"
Tillman did both.

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

12-06-04, 02:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Pat Tillman's last few minute"
He was a unique individual to give up what he did.

12-06-04, 02:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Pat Tillman's last few minute"
So is that more important?

12-06-04, 02:43 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Pat Tillman's last few minute"
No, but neither is it less important.

It is, however, more (for lack of a better word) newsworthy.

12-06-04, 02:47 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Pat Tillman's last few minute"
I wonder how many other friendly-fire deaths have been covered up?

12-06-04, 03:05 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Pat Tillman's last few minute"
More than we'd care to count, I'd wager.

bondt007 3413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

12-06-04, 04:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bondt007 Click to send private message to bondt007 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Pat Tillman's last few minute"

Thanks for bringing up this point, HD. I agree. The teacher gave up alot, too... as did the mom, husband, son... accountant, fireman and IT professional.

It's a shame about Tillman. ...and each one that has died...

How long to 1000?
just say NO to swoops

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

12-06-04, 04:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Pat Tillman's last few minute"
It's a shame about Tillman. ...and each one that has died...

Every death that has resulted from this war is a shame, considering the war itself was unprovoked and unnecessary.

And I know just who should be ashamed about it.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •