The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Thoughts for the Top 16"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-06-06, 12:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Thoughts for the Top 16"
LAST EDITED ON 03-06-06 AT 12:44 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 03-06-06 AT 12:43 PM (EST)

Happy Monday to all...

Some thoughts for/about the Top 16 today

To all -
* Enough Stevie Wonder already, people!
* Enough Diva songs already. Randy is right, you can't compete just yet.

* Mandisa, keep up the good work. You're excellent.
* Chris, dittos.
* Taylor, take a clue from Chris. Pick a bluesy/soul song. It is what you do best. You can beat Chris.
* Bucky, you're losing me. We need to see some flash, some style. You need to wow us.
* Kevin, you're on the cliff, slipping. Give it your all this week. Its not time to 'have some fun'.
* Will, see Kevin.
* Paris/Lisa/Gideon - check your egos at the door. I think its hurting you. Yes, you're young and talented...but save the ego until you win the whole thing. A little humbleness and humility goes a long way.
* All other girls....meh.

geekboy

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Thoughts for the Top 16 Reeflex7 03-06-06 1
 RE: Thoughts for the Top 16 xwraith27 03-06-06 2
 RE: Thoughts for the Top 16 Blacktastic 03-07-06 3
   RE: Thoughts for the Top 16 geekboy 03-07-06 4
       RE: Thoughts for the Top 16 nailbone 03-07-06 5
       RE: Thoughts for the Top 16 aquariaqueen 03-07-06 6
   RE: Thoughts for the Top 16 jags 03-07-06 7
       RE: Thoughts for the Top 16 geekboy 03-07-06 8
           RE: Thoughts for the Top 16 KoalaChick 03-07-06 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Reeflex7 187 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-06-06, 10:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Reeflex7 Click to send private message to Reeflex7 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Thoughts for the Top 16"
Kinnik, Melissa, & Katherine need to step it up bigtime. They are on the bubble and only one can make it to the top 12, because I think the other 5 girls are in.

For the guys, I think Bucky & Kevin will go next.

And yes, just pick what you do best and run with it. The theme weeks will give you plenty of opportunitites to do different things...these are the 3 weeks where you get to show who you really are. Chris gets it...I'm not sure who else does.

xwraith27 1136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-06-06, 11:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail xwraith27 Click to send private message to xwraith27 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Thoughts for the Top 16"
LAST EDITED ON 03-07-06 AT 00:02 AM (EST)

Chris needs no advice.

Mandisa needs to keep those stray sharp notes in check. She's awesome, but she also has a lot of loose notes. She's a shoo-in for top 12 though.

Kellie needs to lose the small-town girl act. I originally thought it was cute. Now I think it's tiring.

Elliott, Taylor, and Ace are in the top 12. I'm just getting a bit doubtful as to whether Taylor's 'twitching' is natural or fake. I'm leaning towards fake.

I have trouble differentiating among Katharine, Ayla, and Melissa. Each needs to stand out on her own. Melissa's voice reminds me of Deanna from Rockstar:INXS though.

Gedeon, Will, Bucky and Kevin need to step it up with songs that they can sing really well. Two of them are going home this week.

Lisa and Paris need to show us why there's so much hype surrounding them. I have to say that I'm not a fan of either one of them (yet).

Kinnik is almost certainly going home. I think she'll have to sing an awesome (non-boring) power ballad that shows why the judges picked her to be in the top 24. So far, she hasn't proven anything to me.

Advice to everyone: Wow us.

Blacktastic 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-07-06, 03:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Blacktastic Click to send private message to Blacktastic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Thoughts for the Top 16"
What crazy planet are you on? Paris, Lisa, and Gideon have egos? If by ego you mean they smile, thank the judges and the audience and wave, then yes they have big egos... They have yet to do anything to display anything but their gratitude. Paris and Lisa along with Katherine have the best voices - clearly, so... if you see their confidence and are mistaking it for cockiness then you must be biased for one of the other singers.

I'M SO BLACKTASTIC!

03-07-06, 07:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Thoughts for the Top 16"
I'm not biased, or anything of the sort. I call it as I see it, and you cannot sit there and tell me that Gedeon doesn't have a huge inflated ego if you go back and watch him face the judges for the final 24 selection.

You cannot go back and watch Paris and Lisa talking with Ryan before and after each song and tell me they both do not have inflated egos?

All 3 are amazing singers, don't get me wrong. But what i am saying is that their ego/cockiness/whatever you wish to call it - at least for me - works against them.

Its one thing to have an ego and keep it in check. I think we all have egos to a degree. Its another thing to take it out and flaunt it.

geekboy

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-07-06, 11:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Thoughts for the Top 16"
i gotta disagree, too, geekboy. I think there's "ego" and there's "confidence", and to me what these girls have is confidence. *BRENNA* had ego.

Sig by Arkie!!

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster o-

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-07-06, 01:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Thoughts for the Top 16"
As much as I like Paris, I agree, she is getting overly confident, on the verge of cockiness. It was evident in the dawg pound when the men were performing.

I was thinking to myself, geez, she needs to settle down just because you come from talented blood and do well yourself, you're getting exhausting....

Geekboy, I see it your way.

jags 124 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-07-06, 02:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jags Click to send private message to jags Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Thoughts for the Top 16"
I agree with you. If you want to talk about the girls that just stand out because of there confidence its Katherine, Lisa and Paris. They all have exceptional voices and know it. Look at song selection they may not choose the right songs for the judges but they know there ranges. If you look at the people that have left so far or have been on the bubble they have no charisma or just did not sing well. Now the guys, Kevin its been a nice ride but you will be leaving this week. Will needs a very strong performance, as do Bucky, Gideon and Ace, to stay around its that close for that final spot. The Girls that are fighting for the sixth position is Kinnik, Ayla, and Melissa. Bring it girls its time to let it all hang out.
Jags

03-07-06, 03:09 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Thoughts for the Top 16"
Compare Katherin to Paris/Lisa. All three are talented, but Katherine is humble and "real" w/ her talent. Paris and Lisa are not, and the ego/cockiness shows through. For this, I lean toward Katherine as who i am backing.

Gedeon and all the other guys - same story. I'd choose Kevin over Gedeon.

Call it confidence if you wish to, that is simply not how it is coming across to me.

geekboy

KoalaChick 509 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-07-06, 04:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KoalaChick Click to send private message to KoalaChick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Thoughts for the Top 16"
Agreed, geekboy, enough Stevie Wonder.

And while we're at it, Hey Taylor, enough of the "Whoo's". I thought he was interesting at first, but I'm so over him now.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •