The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Nikki vs. Jasmine"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol Individual Contestant and Judge Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

ElroyJetson 586 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-14-04, 10:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ElroyJetson Click to send private message to ElroyJetson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Nikki vs. Jasmine"
Howdy AI Fans

I missed the first season of AI. I heard at the final 4 level, Tamyra Gray was shockingly voted out and the less talented Nikki McKibbin remained.

Is the Jasmine/LaToya shocker more controversial? Why or Why Not?

Please enlighten.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Nikki vs. Jasmine minkey 05-14-04 1
   RE: Nikki vs. Jasmine AugustGirl 05-16-04 2
       RE: Nikki vs. Jasmine minkey 05-16-04 3
           RE: Nikki vs. Jasmine AugustGirl 05-20-04 6
       Welcome AugustGirl... greenmonstah 05-16-04 4
           RE: Welcome AugustGirl... AugustGirl 05-20-04 7
   RE: Nikki vs. Jasmine rjrabbit 05-20-04 10
 RE: Nikki vs. Jasmine uberspoon 05-20-04 5
 Yes tig_ger 05-20-04 8
 RE: Nikki vs. Jasmine steppingrazor42 05-20-04 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

minkey 231 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-14-04, 01:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail minkey Click to send private message to minkey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Nikki vs. Jasmine"
It's a wash. Tamyra was great and was beat out by an untalented skank (and I never use that term lightly), while LaToya is IMO is more talented than Tamyra and was beat by an untalented (I do think Jasmine has some talent, this is just for arguments sake) really nice girl.

Great singer beat by skank = Exceptional singer beat by nice girl.

Winky

This is a proven fact, by the way.

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-16-04, 09:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Nikki vs. Jasmine"
This is a proven fact, by the way.

Yep, if Minkey says it, it's true.

Actually, I remember Randy commenting on Tamyra's boot. He said that she had a bad week, her first bad week, and more people tuned in to watch that week than had previously. AI was just beginning to catch on, so the new viewers hadn't seen Tamyra's past performances, so Nikki got more votes than Tamyra.

Tamyra is doing pretty well for herself considering she didn't win AI. Anyone heard what Nikki's doing these days?

a JSlice original. isn't she something?

minkey 231 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-04, 01:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail minkey Click to send private message to minkey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Nikki vs. Jasmine"
LAST EDITED ON 05-16-04 AT 01:26 PM (EST)

Why thank you beautiful, Augie! If I can get my husband on the phone could you talk to him .

edited to say... He just doesn't understand that it's a proven fact that whatever I say is a proven fact.

05-20-04, 05:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Nikki vs. Jasmine"
Beautiful Augie? Well, it's quite apparent that Minkey here is exceptionally wise and brilliant. And she's got good taste!

*waits by the phone to tell minkey's husband*

greenmonstah 10761 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-04, 01:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail greenmonstah Click to send private message to greenmonstah Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Welcome AugustGirl..."
but you are not tricking me...who are you and what have you done with Agent Augie?

Boycott over?

*waves to Elroy and Minkey

05-20-04, 05:29 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Welcome AugustGirl..."
I'm still boycotting, but I'm here working on a secret mission. If I told you what it is, I'd have to force you to listen to Johnny Red sing "King of the Road" over and over and over again.

I'm only here for the good of the country. I'm doing my duty.

rjrabbit 3269 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-20-04, 08:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rjrabbit Click to send private message to rjrabbit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Nikki vs. Jasmine"
Minkey,
I haven't heard any stories that would lead me to say the same thing about Nikki. You will HAVE to PM me and give me the dirt!

uberspoon 173 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-20-04, 04:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail uberspoon Click to send private message to uberspoon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Nikki vs. Jasmine"
Tamyra going was more shocking BY FAR!

I am the first to admit that Tamyra's worst night unluckily coincided with Nikki's best night (which was the night Tamyra went)..and I'll also admit that Jasmine does have her rough moments, and most likely did last longer than she should have.

BUT..Nikki was in the bottom 2 or 3 virtually every single week of the competition (I can't think of a week that she wasn't in the bottom 3, actually). Nikki's vocals were comparable to the slow torture of a cat. She has to be heard to be believed.
A pefect example, if you can hunt it down..can be found in Nikki's cover of There is Always Something There to Remind Me ..but, if you do listen to it, be forewarned, it's painful.

tig_ger 2098 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

05-20-04, 05:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tig_ger Click to send private message to tig_ger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Yes"
Contain your shock, everyone, but I am likely the only person on the planet that doesn't care for Tamyra's voice. I didn't like her music then, and she only sounds marginally better to me now. She is a nice girl and I wish her well, but her voice is not pleasing to my ear. Therefore, I was rather pleased when she got ousted, since I didn't care for her singing. I still can't figure out why everyone likes her voice--I fear it will remain one of life's mysteries for me.

On the other hand, I really enjoyed LaToya's voice, and will likely purchase her CD when it comes out. I think she is fantastic. Therefore, based upon my own personal likes and dislikes, I did find the Jasmine/LaToya shocker more shocking, and thus, controversial.

A Kyngsladye Original

steppingrazor42 283 desperate attention whore postings

05-20-04, 07:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail steppingrazor42 Click to send private message to steppingrazor42 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Nikki vs. Jasmine"
To me Tamyra has so much more personality and life in her voice and performaces. La Toya was textbook excellent, she rocked but bored me.

Back to your question......I was shocked when Tamyra left, but I remember she had sang some weird crappy song the night before. So I guess La Toya getting the boot was more shocking because she gave no reason to stop supporting her. And IMHO Jasmine and Nikki are equally as painful to listen to, Jasmine just looks better.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •