The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Sex and the City"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Non-Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-12-04, 02:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Sex and the City"
I thought last nights episode was really good! I am so happy that Miranda and Steve got married! I love Steve- he is the sweetest guy (next to Aidan). Am I just a huge cynic or does anyone else think that Samantha might get really sick and/or die from her breast cancer? And I hate the whole Carrie/Alexsandr Petrovsky thing. Are we really supposed to believe that they have anything in common? I just don't see any chemistry between them. Carrie should be with AIDAN!!! Wishful thinking, I know! What do you guys think?

SilverStar

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Hooray! moonbaby 01-12-04 1
   RE: Hooray! ginger 01-12-04 2
       RE: Hooray! SilverStar 01-13-04 3
           RE: Hooray! ginger 01-13-04 4
               RE: Hooray! SilverStar 01-13-04 5
                   RE: Hooray! StarryLuna 01-14-04 6
                       RE: Hooray! SilverStar 01-14-04 7
 Can we discuss last nite or moonbaby 01-19-04 8
   RE: Can we discuss last nite or SilverStar 01-20-04 9
   RE: Can we discuss last nite or trshtvjnky 01-20-04 10
       And you know moonbaby 01-22-04 11
 RE: Sex and the City - Jan 25 Episo... SilverStar 01-27-04 12
   RE: Sex and the City - Jan 25 Episo... ginger 01-27-04 13
   I'd take the Russian moonbaby 01-28-04 14
       RE: I'd take the Russian trshtvjnky 01-30-04 15
       RE: I'd take the Russian ginger 02-02-04 16
           Did you see? moonbaby 02-08-04 17
               RE: Did you see? deweydrop 02-09-04 18
                   I want Carrie to Remain SINGLE. ginger 02-09-04 19
                       RE: I want Carrie to Remain SINGLE. deweydrop 02-09-04 20
 Link to article moonbaby 02-15-04 21
 Thank God I found you all! kiki_k 02-16-04 22
   Well, it looks like... ginger 02-17-04 23
       I really don't like moonbaby 02-17-04 24
           RE: I really don't like deweydrop 02-18-04 25
           RE: I really don't like trshtvjnky 02-19-04 27
               RE: I really don't like Big Al 02-19-04 28
                   Carrie's clothes kiki_k 02-19-04 30
 RE: Sex and the City Big Al 02-19-04 26
 RE: Sex and the City wildchickenhunter 02-19-04 29
   RE: Sex and the City ginger 02-19-04 31
       RE: Sex and the City wildchickenhunter 02-20-04 32
 This is it ! moonbaby 02-22-04 33
   I'm already blubbering... Mon Cherie 02-23-04 34
       omg deweydrop 02-23-04 35
           RE: omg ohiomobprincess 02-23-04 36
               RE: omg LadyT 02-23-04 37
                   Yup Mon Cherie 02-24-04 38
                       RE: Yup LadyT 02-25-04 40
       I admit I cried kiki_k 02-25-04 39

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

01-12-04, 03:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Hooray!"
So glad I don't have to start this up only to see the topic die from lack of interest like last season. Thanks SilverStar!

I seem to be hosting the SATC weekly dinner party followed cosmos and then the show. Had a cosmo induced headache in the middle of the night, LOL!

I WOOHOO'd when Miranda asked Steve to marry her. He is the sweetest guy! Misha as guest lovah? Well he looks pretty hot for an "old guy." Loved the dancing in McD.

Samantha, wow. I was blown away by that! I hope there's no lingering death swan song, they need to end this upbeat or I am going to go into severe bathrobe stage depression

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

01-12-04, 06:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Hooray!"
Okay, you SPOILERS, you! I missed last night. Will probably catch in rerun but now you have to tell me everything (I was aware of most of those plot twists but still...)

01-13-04, 01:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Hooray!"
I'm sorry! I didn't mean to spoil it for you! *wipes tear from eye and asks ginger to forgive* But since you asked, I will tell you everything that happened- if you don't want to know, avert your eyes NOW!
So, Miranda asked Steve to marry her when they were out to lunch just out of the blue, and of course he said YES! Throughout the show Miranda was trying to figure out what kind of a wedding she wanted because she hates all that traditional crap. They finally settled on a little garden, with only close friends and family present (there weren't even any chairs- everyone just stood!) Miranda wore a black dress, such an anti-bride she is!
Samantha decided that she needed bigger boobs, so she went to a surgeon to see about getting a breast enlargement. While he was examining her he found a lump. She had it checked out and it turns out it was cancer. She tried not to make a big deal of it. Meanwhile, I'm getting all teary and running to get the Kleenex! She told everyone on the day of Miranda's wedding, even though she didn't want to ruin the day for anyone.
Carrie is still seeing the Russian guy. He irritates me. She tried to make it a casual thing by just having him be her "luvah" but then decided she wasn't cut out for it when she found out about all the "luvah's" of his past. He read her poetry, wrote her a song, danced with her in McDonalds, ya know- the usual. She decided that she likes having a romantic guy, I guess. I don't see the appeal of him.
Well, that's the short version. Anyone else feel free to add or correct me. I seem to be suffering from memory loss today!

SilverStar

01-13-04, 02:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Hooray!"
Thank you, SStar. That was comprehensive (and I was generally teasing about the spoilage - if I really wanted mystery I wouldn't hit the boards at all).

I agree there is nil spark between Carrie and Misha but I would not kick him out of my bed for eating crackers.

Not sure how I feel about Samantha/cancer line. Like looking at Smith, though, so glad he's to feature in it. It would seem a tad heavy to kill off Samantha at the end of the series - maybe she just reassesses permanence in her life.

I like the show but am glad is ending - think it has run its natural life.

Thanks again!

01-13-04, 02:58 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Hooray!"
I am very sad that it is ending! Of course, I only started watching about the 3rd or 4th season, and while I have rented the other seasons on DVD, I feel like I missed out. I would like it to continue for another season or two. I never like it when shows go away! Don't even get me started on Friends! That show has been a staple of my life for the past 10 years! That's almost half of my entire life!! Oh, now I'm all upset. *sigh*

SilverStar

StarryLuna 4771 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

01-14-04, 04:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail StarryLuna Click to send private message to StarryLuna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Hooray!"
SilverStar - tell me about it! Everytime I watch an episode of Friends this season, I feel like crying because I know that's one less new epi of Friends I'll see. I actually did cry at last weeks episode of Friends when Monica and Chandler got their baby.

Thanks for the SATC info. I love SATC but I don't get HBO (the way our digital cable is, the only way we get one movie channel is to sign up for ALL the movie channels and we just can't afford that.) As soon as I get paid, I'm buying the fifth season DVDs so I can start to catch up.

01-14-04, 07:00 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Hooray!"
Yeah, I just got rid of my digital cable, too! So friggin expensive! So I am making my mom tape the episodes for me- LOL!

SilverStar

01-19-04, 10:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Can we discuss last nite or"
should we wait?

01-20-04, 09:53 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Can we discuss last nite or"
I haven't seen it yet -my mom forgot to tape it for me But go ahead and discuss. Did anything good happen? Hopefully she can get it for me on one of the replays.

SilverStar

trshtvjnky 197 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-20-04, 10:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trshtvjnky Click to send private message to trshtvjnky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Can we discuss last nite or"
I am ready to discuss.

Let me start with this:

"I know two months is a bit early to bring this up . . . "

Um, yeah -- it is.

01-22-04, 10:41 PM (EST)
11. "And you know"
the only reason she got the ovarian ache was because she saw him with a kid. They seem like a great match. If the advice Samantha gave her doesn't sink in then I will be disappointed. They blindsided me with her sudden immediate yearning for motherhood. Where the hell did that come from? Also, you don't throw away a guy that great because he already had a kid. Great guys in NYC are waaaaay few and far between!

01-27-04, 02:04 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Sex and the City - Jan 25 Episode"
I can't believe there are only 4 episodes left! I kept crying throughout the show last night (I am a very emotional person) Especially when Smith shaved his head with Samantha- I was bawling. When is Carrie going to dump that Russian guy? And why does she have to call him The Russian? What do you think is going to happen with Big next week? I never really liked him, but I'll take anyone over "The Russian"!
SilverStar

01-27-04, 03:48 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Sex and the City - Jan 25 Episode"
They could at least tell us Big's name.

01-28-04, 09:28 PM (EST)
14. "I'd take the Russian "
over Big any day. Big always seemed to have his eyes on the next thing over the horizon instead of Carrie. The Russian could be it for her if they find a way around their communication difficulties. Now that I've typed that I'm wondering-was there a lack of empathy or did he really just want to spare her the surprise if things get ugly? Hmm.

Smith was amazing this past episode! All Samantha wanted was a boy toy. Who knew that such a mensch was lurking in that hunkalicious package!

I love Charlotte's husband too.

01-30-04, 03:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trshtvjnky Click to send private message to trshtvjnky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: I'd take the Russian "
what she said *points up*

and I would like to add that I do think that "the Russian" was trying to spare her the surprise. He seems VERY sincere, and not at all like Big who was trying to hide everything personal to him.

I predict that in the end, Big will come riding up on his white horse black limo, Carrie will jump in, COMPLETELY forgetting everything he ever did to her (and her self respect) leaving cute little Aleksandr Petrovsky standing there all alone.

Stupid Carrie.

--Any man, who after hearing you read about a dress, calls and gets that dress for you? I’m sorry, I wouldn’t leave him for Big, and I certainly wouldn’t have a problem dancing with him in public.

02-02-04, 03:44 PM (EST)
16. "RE: I'd take the Russian "
LAST EDITED ON 02-02-04 AT 03:45 PM (EST)

Noth is looking porky and tired these days, anyway. He's about 20 years younger than Misha but you can't tell looking at publicity shots.

EDITING TO ADD: My final judgment on this series will depend on the ending. If Big does reclaim Carrie, the series ultimately sucked. If Carrie goes on to be Proud and Single and Just Fine With It, I think the character will be well-served and the show, ultimately, will have been more worth my while.

02-08-04, 02:07 PM (EST)
17. "Did you see?"
There was a bit on one of the entertainment shows about the filming of the last episode and Noth was there. Misha is by far the more attractive man and his character seems to be more attractive IMHO. He doesn't run hot and cold with Carrie the way Big did. I'm with you, ginger-I think it's time Carrie showed Big how small he's become in her life

Sarah Jessica Parker was asked if there might a reunion show at some point in time and she started giggling and wouldn't say. I'd take that as a yes.

deweydrop 229 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-09-04, 11:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail deweydrop Click to send private message to deweydrop Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Did you see?"
I have to totally disagree here.

I can NOT stand SJP and MB together. I do not see the chemistry at all. the guy (well - his character) just gives me the chills.

My jaw dropped when she said she was going to Paris with him. Eww. Eww. Eww.

I'm totally on Miranda's side here. Carrie could do better. Maybe not with Big...but better.

02-09-04, 02:15 PM (EST)
19. "I want Carrie to Remain SINGLE."
Maybe I'm a little biased (marriage? Nice place to visit; wouldn't want to live there). But I really want Carrie to ride off into the sunset, SOLO, and perfectly happy to be so.

02-09-04, 03:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail deweydrop Click to send private message to deweydrop Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: I want Carrie to Remain SINGLE."
>Maybe I'm a little biased (marriage?
> Nice place to visit;
>wouldn't want to live there).
> But I really want
>Carrie to ride off into
>the sunset, SOLO, and perfectly
>happy to be so.

speaking as a married woman...I totally agree with you. Carrie should remain the eternal "single new yorker"...it's what makes her fabulous.

02-15-04, 10:09 AM (EST)
21. "Link to article"
LAST EDITED ON 02-16-04 AT 12:16 PM (EST)

From the Daily News. Hope it works for you:

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/164190p-143907c.html

Only 2 more left. WAH!

<--will be drowning her sorrow with cosmos tonight

PS Dying to dish on last night's show but will exercise restraint until you all see it

kiki_k 1444 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-16-04, 05:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kiki_k Click to send private message to kiki_k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "Thank God I found you all!"
LAST EDITED ON 02-16-04 AT 05:14 PM (EST)

My other girlfriends IRL either stopped watching the show altogether (got married, had babies, etc.) or moved away -- miss you Nicole! e-mail me! -- So, let me just lay some basics out on my views:
Miranda and Steve -- perfect from set-up, break up, baby and make-up -- seems very realistic (unlike a lot of other relationships on this show, which I will get to). Miranda has always been the most "real" person on the show, so it isn't surprising they give her a realistic ending.
Charlotte and Harry G. -- well, thank god it isn't Charlotte and Trey anymore! I always found Charlotte to be the dullest of the four-- sweet, preppy, WASP, who just wants to get married and have babies -- not too exciting, you know? But with the whole conversion to Judiasm, etc. she has become a lot more interesting. The character of Harry has definately loosened up her character, which is a good thing!
Samantha and Smith -- who would have thunk it? A "grown up" relationship with a younger man? I thought I was going to hate the breast cancer story line when I first heard about it before the season aired, but I think they are doing a really good job with it.
Carrie and ? -- I think, having watched the show for six years, the only way to end the show is to have Carrie end up a "happy single girl" (as some previous posters have said) or to end up with Big. These are the only two endings that make sense. Now, before you anti-Bigs pro-Aidans jump on me, don't forget, Carrie broke Aidan's heart twice -- once by cheating on him with Big (personally, I always thought Aidan wasn't right for Carrie -- you can't make yourself like the country just because you like the guy, and when the country is that important to the guy, you need to just end it, not cheat on him with your "New York Fella"). Carrie has always loved Big and still does -- she was hurt because he didn't want her the same way she wanted him. Yes, he screwed her over, but if he realizes now that he can't live without her, and sees the error of his ways, then he is the only person Carrie can be happy with -- the have the same intersts, both love New York, etc. Which brings up Alexander -- The casting directors made a terrible choice here -- biggest chemistry fizzle I've ever seen -- SJP cannot stand toe-to-toe with the sophistication, grace and romaticism of MB. And, the fact is, these two have nothing in common!!! Furthermore, what kind of ending would it be for independent Carrie to become dependant (can't speak the language), sad (feels soooo left out, boo hoo) Carrie who is little more than a kept woman by her rich russian sugar daddy? Bah humbug, I say. If this is how the show ends, then I will be terribly, terribly dissapointed because it would be a complete reversal of her entire character.

compliments of GeorgiaBelle

Beauty Product Queen of the Boards and a fancy girl to boot!

02-17-04, 06:21 PM (EST)
23. "Well, it looks like..."
...we're building up to some final Big Chasing Carrie to Propose in Paris ending. I really hope she says Thanks but No Thanks to both Big and the Russian. I also thought the whole "Go get our girl" routine with her friends at the end of the penultimate episode was kind of weird.

02-17-04, 07:51 PM (EST)
24. "I really don't like"
the turn this appears to be taking. The very idea of the three friends supporting Big now seems quite odd. Lemme tell ya-if a guy jerked around a friend of mine like that for six years and boo-hoo'd to me I'd tell him where to go-and I don't mean Paris! Carrie's words to him before she left? Perfect!

But we've seen that Carrie feels lonely and out of place. I think her phone call to New York was pretty much an "I want to come home" call. Best case? She leaves Paris on her own and lands in New York while Big is en route to Europe. She can decide how to deal with him on home turf.

02-18-04, 11:05 AM (EST)
25. "RE: I really don't like"
>The very idea of
>the three friends supporting Big
>now seems quite odd.

True - but so is Carrie's "relationship" with Alex...very odd indeed.

02-19-04, 12:17 PM (EST)
27. "RE: I really don't like"
Best case? She leaves Paris on her own and lands in New York while Big is en route to Europe. She can decide how to deal with him on home turf

This? I like!!

Now can we talk about the dress that looks like dessert?

didn't like it much . . .

Big Al 293 desperate attention whore postings

02-19-04, 12:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Big%20Al Click to send private message to Big%20Al Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: I really don't like"
Her whole wardrobe should be burned. I remember her wearng something that looked like a clown suit to me.

02-19-04, 03:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kiki_k Click to send private message to kiki_k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "Carrie's clothes"
have become more and more ridiculous as the years have gone by -- she went from being trendy to trying way too hard to set the trends. I especially hate the bra with backless dress -- it just doesn't work and smacks of "desperately trying to be hip" when really, all I can think is, haven't you heard of backless bras? YUCK!

Big Al 293 desperate attention whore postings

02-19-04, 10:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Big%20Al Click to send private message to Big%20Al Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Sex and the City"
LAST EDITED ON 02-20-04 AT 10:16 PM (EST)

Being a guy I have never been a real big fan of this show, but it can be entertaining at times so I have watched it from the beginning. It certainly has improved over the years. The problem is that I have never really liked these women. Even though I have always lived in New York or the surrounding area, these women just have very little in common with the women I have known. Their priorities in life just are foreign to me. I realize this could just be me.

However, My problem is I just dont care about these characters and I have invested very little in their screen happiness.

I will make one exception. Miranda to me is the most real and someone I could see having as a friend. I think she has found her way. It always helped that she was more likely to be set up with a real average type than the model types you have seen as standard boyfriend material for the others. I kind of like that in the end Charlotte did wind up with an average Joe type also.

They gave a real twist to the slutty one (forgot her name) in that the beefcake she hooked up with turns out to be a man of character, something she is not used to and apparently surprises her.

Now I don't really like Carrie. Also, I have never really cared for the Big character. I may be in the minority but to me Big and Carrie never had any real chemistry but as far as I cared , they deserved each other, I always think the most poignant part of the series was Carrie's betrayal of the genuinely nice guy Aiden when she cheated on him with Big. Most probably felt bad for her in that big scene with Aiden outside the Church where Aiden walked away, but I guess spiteful me said she got what she deserved.

This Russian guy living in his own weird world gave me the creeps from his first appearance and continues to do so. (it is now Paris time and no longer New York time weird) At first I thought it was just me, but apparently it was planned for the audience to slowly come to this conclusion. He sort of reminds me of Count Dracula. Do I care? No. Carrie has always had her strange priorities and this guy is perfect for her. However, it looks like she will get together with the strangely altered Big. At least it will make some happy (but some of us indifferent).

wildchickenhunter 3192 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-19-04, 03:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wildchickenhunter Click to send private message to wildchickenhunter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Sex and the City"
My biggest problem with the show is that they have really cut down on the nudity....The first few years there was a lot of nudity. They have really cut it back lately and even when they do it is only Kim Katrel....I mean we have seen enough of that!

The show could have stayed around a few more years if they would have had more nudity!

Flying my car to the nudie bar!

02-19-04, 04:51 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Sex and the City"
WCH, you are a man with an admirably consistent focus.

wildchickenhunter 3192 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-20-04, 09:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail wildchickenhunter Click to send private message to wildchickenhunter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Sex and the City"
Thanks Ginger. I will take that as a compliment.

As Forest Gump said......I am not a smart man.

But that is o.k.. I focus on the important things in life. Money, food, booze, sports, T.V. and nekkid women.

What else is there?

Flying my car to the nudie bar!

02-22-04, 08:21 AM (EST)
33. "This is it !"
LAST EDITED ON 02-22-04 AT 08:33 AM (EST)

Are you having or going to a party tonight? Mourning alone? I've been invited to a little party that I'm not sure I'll go to. If I do go, what to wear? Would you dress up like one of the characters just for fun? I have a couple of interesting items in my wardrobe, like a silvery ballgown skirt and a black feather boa (I think there's a hot pink one in there somewhere too, lol). Pair that up with a top that leaves my bra straps showing, add a bizarre little hat and pointy killer heels and I'm all set!

some day I hope to stop obsessively editing my posts for spelling errors

Mon Cherie 1813 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

02-23-04, 00:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Mon%20Cherie Click to send private message to Mon%20Cherie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "I'm already blubbering..."
And that's just from the goodbye special. I'm mourning alone, having my own special party. I'm really going to miss this show. I'll always remember watching this show with my friends, when we were in our bar-hopping days, and laughing our asses off at some of the storylines cause we could relate to them so well!
Farewell, SATC. Of all my favorite shows that have gone, I'll miss you the most. *Sniff*

Mon

An IceCat/Mon Cherie Production
Let the spelling thing go, Moonie. Just let it go...

02-23-04, 08:02 AM (EST)
35. "omg"
I could not be more pleased with the finale.

Love love loved it.

And who'da thunk Big's name was John?

I cried the entire time practically...

ohiomobprincess 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-23-04, 10:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ohiomobprincess Click to send private message to ohiomobprincess Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: omg"
I agree. Everything I wanted to happen, happened last night. I can't believe I'm so sad a tv show ended. It took me a few seconds to realize who "John" was, but when I did, I was SO happy! What a wonderful ending to a fantastic show.

LadyT 5567 desperate attention whore postings

02-23-04, 01:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LadyT Click to send private message to LadyT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: omg"
So she ended up with Big?

Mon Cherie 1813 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

02-24-04, 00:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Mon%20Cherie Click to send private message to Mon%20Cherie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "Yup"
She ended up with Big, we finally learn his name is John.

An IceCat/Mon Cherie Production
"You will find as you look back upon your life that the moments when you have truly lived are the moments when you have done things in the spirit of love."
-Henry Drummond

LadyT 5567 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-04, 01:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LadyT Click to send private message to LadyT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Yup"
John? I expected a name like Harley or something. Something edgier.

02-25-04, 11:52 AM (EST)
39. "I admit I cried"
But, at the same time I was disappointed (although I did predict Carrie with Big). It seems the characters all acted totally out of character for the ending, and the ending re-enforced the notion that a woman needs a man to be happy, when the whole show for the last 6 years was about the fact that being single is a valid choice in which one can be happy. Also, I really could not stand Carrie's whole passive-agressive act with the Russian. Although I never saw them together, she knew before she went to Paris with him that his work came first and that this opening was a huge deal for him, being his first showing in 6 years. Then she goes with him to the museum after he has a panic attack and when things turn out okay, sits on a sofa like a bump on a log just long enough to miss her party so she can blame it on him afterwards. And the alleged "slap" -- give me a f'ing break -- that was sooooo an accident, yet the first thing she whines to Big about is that she got slapped. Strong, independent Carrie turns into a "can't be happy without a man" cry-baby. It's not that I didn't want to see the characters "happy" at the end, I just wanted endings more true to their characters. I guess I'm bittersweet about the whole thing.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •