The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Wrong Info?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Wanderer 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-05-02, 11:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wanderer Click to send private message to Wanderer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Wrong Info?"
What's up everyone...Was just wondering, when the teams went to Malaysia, and had to go to the Petronas towers, which Phil said were the tallest towers in Asia, I always assumed that the towers were the tallest in the world...Did some check on the internet, and apparently still the tallest towers in the world... Don't producers ever fact-check? Haha!*good to see that Flo and Zack knew where the Petronas towers were*

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Wrong Info? cmaybur 12-05-02 1
   RE: Wrong Info? vsuri 12-05-02 2
       RE: Wrong Info? Skilinopia 12-05-02 3
           RE: Wrong Info? Cole 12-05-02 4
 RE: Wrong Info? ELCinOhio 12-06-02 5
   RE: Wrong Info? PepeLePew13 12-07-02 6
       RE: Wrong Info? chlim01 12-08-02 7
       RE: Wrong Info? TeamJoisey 12-08-02 8
       RE: Wrong Info? cairel 12-12-02 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

cmaybur 259 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

12-05-02, 11:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cmaybur Click to send private message to cmaybur Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Wrong Info?"
Were they taller than the World Trade Center towers?

I recognized those towers immediately from "Entrapment". I wonder how many of the contestants had seen that movie or recognized the towers when they got there?

Chris

"Ten countries, four continents, forty-six thousand miles... Derek and Drew, you are the winners of The Amazing Race."

vsuri 55 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-05-02, 12:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vsuri Click to send private message to vsuri Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Wrong Info?"
The Petronas towers were taller than WTCs. In fact Malaysia tourism's advertisements in India say that Petronas Towers are the tallest in the world.

Skilinopia 108 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-05-02, 01:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Skilinopia Click to send private message to Skilinopia Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Wrong Info?"
They are indeed the tallest in the world. Although there are plans by Japan to build the world tallest building and Australia to build the 1km high solar energy plant in the desert in the near future, the towers are still the tallest in the world. A pride of Asia.

Cole 409 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-05-02, 02:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cole Click to send private message to Cole Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Wrong Info?"
I think they are officially considered the tallest building(s) in the world. But I also thought that just after they were built there was some controversy because the only reason why they were taller than the Sears Tower in Chicago was because of their gargantuan antennae. I thought the Sears Tower still has the highest inhabitable floor space, or something like that.

I think everyone's trying to outdo everyone with these "world's tallest" buildings. Before 9/11 and the souring economy, Donald Trump planned to build the world's tallest in Chicago. I believe the world's tallest structure is the CN Tower in Toronto.

ELCinOhio 215 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

12-06-02, 09:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ELCinOhio Click to send private message to ELCinOhio Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Wrong Info?"
I got intriged on this after 9/11.

There are many types of "Tallest Buildings"

Highest top floor, Highest top point, Tallest overall structure, etc.

I know that Petronas Towers is tallest into the sky, but there are others with higher floors, so I am sure CBS was just trying to be safe.

I found it more absurd that only 1 team knew the clue by "Petronas Towers" are we that bad at world geography?

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-07-02, 10:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Wrong Info?"
LAST EDITED ON 12-07-02 AT 11:01 AM (EST)

>I found it more absurd that only 1 team knew the
>clue by "Petronas Towers" are we that bad at
>world geography?

Yes. In fact, there was a nationwide test some years ago of high school students and when handed a blank map of North America, 17% couldn't even figure out where Canada was. Many of these students thought that the country above the USA was Russia.

And, yes, the C.N. Tower has been called the "tallest free-standing structure" in the world and as far as I know, the Sears Tower is called the tallest building in the world. I'm not sure where the Petronas stand in this comparison because of the antennas.

I just did a google search and here are the results in the tallest buildings category...

World's Tallest Buildings

There's also a link on that page to click for the world's tallest towers. The C.N. Tower is 332 feet taller than the Petronas, but the Petronas is the tallest in terms of buildings.

chlim01 38 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-08-02, 01:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail chlim01 Click to send private message to chlim01 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Wrong Info?"
LAST EDITED ON 12-08-02 AT 01:09 AM (EST)

If the Petronas' record breaking height is accepted 'cos of its antenna, then I don't see why the CN Tower's claim to fame should be denied.

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

12-08-02, 01:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Wrong Info?"

Just to add to this tall tale...

TV broadcasters are planning to build a 2,000-foot tower in Joisey to replace the antenna lost when the WTC went down. The monstrosity will stand along the Hudson River waterfront across from Manhattan, and will be the world's tallest freestanding structure, but not the world's tallest building.

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

cairel 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-12-02, 06:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cairel Click to send private message to cairel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Wrong Info?"
>"And, yes, the C.N. Tower has
>been called the "tallest free-standing
>structure" in the world and
>as far as I know,
>the Sears Tower is called
>the tallest building in the
>world. I'm not sure
>where the Petronas stand in
>this comparison because of the
>antennas"

Hi everyone, just wanna clearify bout antena on both tower :-
"Structural height" is defined as the vertical elevation from the base to the highest architectural or integral structural element of the building. This includes fixed sculptures, decorative and architectural spires, ornamental fences, parapets, balustrades, decorative beacons, masonry chimneys, and all other architecturally integral elements along with their pedestals.

Petronas Twin Tower Fact
- 1483 ft high
- Heigh floor to floor 13.12 ft (that why there only 88 floor though its suppose to be higher than sears tower which 108 storey)
- The antenna is part of the building structure u can't take off the antenna

Sears Tower Fact
- 1450 ft high
- Heigh floor to floor is 12.87ft
- Holds 3 out of 4 world's tallest titles: Tallest building including antenna; Highest roof; and Highest occupied floor
- unlike the twin tower you can replace sears tower antenna

hope this will clearify the confusion

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •