The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Maybe..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

crjknam 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-10-01, 10:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail crjknam Click to send private message to crjknam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Maybe..."
First time post.. but have been keeping up with the speculations for a while..

For a surprise ending... hmm.. I just don't think that Momily will get the FF and come in last. At first, yeah.. it definitely sounded plausible, and I was all for it... but I just don't think it will happen..

Here's my theory.. a real surprise ending would be something you may not be able to figure out while watching the show... I mean if Momily or Guido got the FF, and did manage to come in last.. we would be able to see any major screw up during the show which would cause them to come in last place... This wouldn't be a surprise ending, I am thinking.

How about this... what if a team is disqualified, or penalized with a time violation that causes them to be eliminated even though they weren't the last to arrive? It's a stretch, but does anyone else think it could happen... or the team that actually finishes last is awarded time credit due to a production error, and the 4the place team gets eliminated.

Call it just eternal hope for Momily on my part, but I think it could happen..

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Maybe... TeamJoisey 11-10-01 1
 RE: Maybe... Painterly 11-11-01 2

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

11-10-01, 11:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Maybe..."
It's possible the time credit/penalty scenario could change the order of the final two teams, but that would really make the production team look bad, and I think they'd create a different solution.

I can't see the producers ejecting one of the remaining teams based on a behind the scenes goof. And since the time penalties seem sort of discretionary, I can't see them assessing a penalty that would change the outcome. How could they assess a 20-minute penalty for taking a taxi instead of a train? Estimating the road not taken is just too arbitrary.

If this sort of thing does happen, I wouldn't be surprised to see Phil announce that the final two teams are tied for last, and neither is eliminated. That would certainly be a surprise.

Painterly 27 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-11-01, 11:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Painterly Click to send private message to Painterly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Maybe..."
I've had similiar thoughts about this unexpected ending when it comes to someone being penalized. I remember a couple of the teams were penalized a few episodes back but all they did was tack time onto their next departure. Not sure if there's a disqualification rule somewhere or not. I keep going back to the Momily interview with E talking about getting nasty if need be and Mom just wanting to beat the Guido's once. Not sure if producers are laying the ground work here.

I agree that we would see any major screw up as the show progressed but perhaps it could be something simple as on the very last leg to the pit stop when one of the teams in the lead suddenly encounters problems and the order of finish as it plays out suddenly shifts in the last 5-10 minutes of the show.

My head's spinning with all the possibilities...LOL Can't wait til wednesday to see it unfold.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •