The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The year for a guy to win?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

02-16-06, 09:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The year for a guy to win?"
Hi all -

My initial thoughts this season so far is that there really are not "standouts" in the girls this season. NO offense to them, but to me none are memorable beyond Kellie Pickler. Her story is memorable, but on the other had she's "Carrie Underwood II" in many ways.

The boys, on the other hand, are a very diverse and interesting bunch this year. They are all over the map in terms of styles, and stories.

There really are no girls that i'm looking forward to see how they do in the theme nights. But i can't wait to see how Taylor Hicks, Bucky Covington, Kevin Corvais and Will Maker do when the pressure starts to hit.

Doyou all agree that the men this season will be more popular than the girls?

geekboy

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The year for a guy to win? tamarama 02-16-06 1
 RE: The year for a guy to win? Coconut 02-16-06 2
   RE: The year for a guy to win? geekboy 02-16-06 4
       RE: The year for a guy to win? Coconut 02-16-06 6
           RE: The year for a guy to win? DontGetMeStarted 02-24-06 14
 RE: The year for a guy to win? Reeflex7 02-16-06 3
   RE: The year for a guy to win? geekboy 02-16-06 5
   RE: The year for a guy to win? dragonflies 02-17-06 8
 RE: The year for a guy to win? luv2smyle 02-17-06 7
 RE: The year for a guy to win? toga76ss 02-19-06 9
 RE: The year for a guy to win? Fishercat 02-20-06 10
 RE: The year for a guy to win? redsoxfan 02-24-06 11
   RE: The year for a guy to win? nailbone 02-24-06 12
       RE: The year for a guy to win? redsoxfan 02-24-06 13
       RE: The year for a guy to win? brvnkrz 02-24-06 15
           RE: The year for a guy to win? nailbone 03-03-06 18
               RE: The year for a guy to win? geekboy 03-03-06 19
 RE: The year for a guy to win? seahorse 03-03-06 16
   Seahorse!!!!!!!!!! Glow 03-03-06 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings

02-16-06, 09:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The year for a guy to win?"
I LOVE this:
>>The boys, on the other hand, are a very diverse and interesting bunch this year. They are all over the map in terms of styles, and stories.<<
Can't wait to see more of this interesting group of guys.

As for the girls, I agree -- they seem more 'type.'

The girls that I'm interested in seeing more of are:

Mandisa (does the soul/R&B stuff without Mariah-ing all over the place)

Paris (didn't impress me in Hollywood, but that's ok - I'm still impressed by her city audition)

Catherine whatever-her-name-is (the judges seem ecstatic about her, but we haven't been shown alot yet -- show me!)

The girl who talked about her classical training - no idea what her name is. (A girl after my own heart...get the classical training and apply your favorite style to it. An opera singer that knows you don't HAVE to sound like an "opera singer.")

Coconut 10856 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-16-06, 10:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Coconut Click to send private message to Coconut Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The year for a guy to win?"
As always, geekboy, you have climbed into my brain (especial love because you didn't mention the loathsome Ace). The girls, except maybe for Mandisa, do very little to ring my bells at all. The boys are a fascinating cross-section and should be really interesting.

Coconut: Taking the grammer police to a whole new level.

02-16-06, 01:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The year for a guy to win?"
LAST EDITED ON 02-16-06 AT 01:21 PM (EST)

Great minds think alike.

I think ace got in based on that term i hate, but simon loves - 'The X-Factor'.

He reminds me of someone ...but for the life of me i can't figure out who.

geekboy

Coconut 10856 desperate attention whore postings

02-16-06, 03:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Coconut Click to send private message to Coconut Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The year for a guy to win?"
John Corbett meets Ed Burns. That's who he looks like.

Of course, the hideous 'hand over heart while singing' suggests a dash of Celine Dion.

Coconut: Taking the grammer police to a whole new level.

DontGetMeStarted 880 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-24-06, 05:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DontGetMeStarted Click to send private message to DontGetMeStarted Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: The year for a guy to win?"
He looks like a cross of Michael Easton the soap actor and Jim Morrison.. or is it the Val Kilmer version of Jim Morrison?

Reeflex7 187 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-16-06, 11:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Reeflex7 Click to send private message to Reeflex7 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The year for a guy to win?"
They said that about the guys last year and then Carrie swept the field, so we'll just have to wait and see.

Pretty much agree with you though. All the contestants I want to check out are guys - Taylor Hicks, the guy who got stuck in the elevator whose name escapes me, and I think Bucky could be interesting. There are some girls that I'm curious about but none really intrigue me.

02-16-06, 01:21 PM (EST)
5. "RE: The year for a guy to win?"
Last year was different. They claimed a stronger set of boys, but i disagreed. There were some damn good girls last year, Carrie included. *sigh* My Nadia... *sigh*

But i do think the boys are definately stronger this year, while the girls are more 'generic'.

of course, this is my generalized 'first impression'. We'll wait and see.

geekboy.

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

02-17-06, 08:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: The year for a guy to win?"
I think his name is Chris. He is one of my favs too.

siggie by syren

luv2smyle 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-17-06, 00:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail luv2smyle Click to send private message to luv2smyle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: The year for a guy to win?"
Guy or Girl at this game if youve been chose out of amillion other people and your still got a chance.....your all winners!I dont like all the hype about which gruops stronger. It will wotk out.....American Idol hasnt failed us yet and besides the winner the top ten usually get tv time to get noticed.i vote one girl wins and one guy wins!!!!!

toga76ss 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-19-06, 07:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toga76ss Click to send private message to toga76ss Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: The year for a guy to win?"
I'm not sure that they are looking for any body that has tallent this time. weather it be a man or women it is just TV and the more crazy it is the people will watch.

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-20-06, 11:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: The year for a guy to win?"
I can't really make a decision at this point on whether the girls have less or more talent than the guys, simply because of how little we saw. Sure, we've seen a lot of people like Paris Bennett, Ayla Brown, Lisa Tucker, and Katharine McPhee. But really, have we seen anything conclusive, outside of one last performance, from people like Kinnik Sky, Heather Cox, and Melissa McGhee. For Kinnik and Melissa, I don't think we saw any performances. We haven't seen much of any of the girls except the four mentioned, and a little more of Mandisa, but only because she has class and talent.

The males are the same way.
A lot of (Audition, Group and Final for some): Chris Daughtry, Taylor Hicks, and Ace Young. But for the rest of them, we haven't seen much or even anything that I remember (doesn't mean we haven't) from Bobby Bennett, Gedeon McKinney, and Patrick Hall. Limited experience to most of the remaining, Sway was in the group rounds as was Elliot, and I think Bucky.

I want to see more, and when we are at 12, 10, 8, and suddenly one gender outnumbers the other severely, then I'll make a decision. Still doesn't mean one girl can't be great and take the whole thing.

Bob Factoid: The fishercat is the only creature known to have gone completely insane chasing its own tail.

redsoxfan 149 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-06, 04:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail redsoxfan Click to send private message to redsoxfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: The year for a guy to win?"
A guy will win if I've got anything to do with it. The only girl who sings worth a damn is Stevie. All the others chose "safe" songs and royally butchered them with all their slurring and squalling. Now that Stevie's out of the running, I won't be watching the remaining girls. Just the guys. Until the final 12 begin competing.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-06, 04:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: The year for a guy to win?"
I, OTOH, got chillbumps hearing Paris. But she's the only gal that bowled me over (although I missed Katherine's performance Tuesday). Several of the guy's (including the dreaded Ace) made me think they'll last awhile.

Sig by Cyg

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster o-

redsoxfan 149 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-06, 04:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail redsoxfan Click to send private message to redsoxfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: The year for a guy to win?"
Paris didn't mess up her song too badly. And, she was dressed decently. But, all her t1t thrusting and a$$ wiggling turned me off.

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-06, 06:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: The year for a guy to win?"
I agree with you, Boner. Paris blows me away with her voice. So far Chris is the guy with my vote.

An awesome Syren siggie

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

03-03-06, 01:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: The year for a guy to win?"
Didja see Chris sing "Hemorrhage"? I missed it, but I hear it's one that you wanna save the tape of, like "Whippin' Post" for Bo last year.

Sig by Arkie!!

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster o-

03-03-06, 01:10 PM (EST)
19. "RE: The year for a guy to win?"
I have the shows PVR'd. I can cut out a snippet of Chris if anyone wants it...or is that looked down upon in this forum? If i is, i'll never bring it up again.

geekboy

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

03-03-06, 12:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: The year for a guy to win?"
At this point, I think the guys will be around at the end. I can't see a girl getting to the final 3.

On the other hand I felt the same last year.

The final 12 should have at least seven or maybe eight guys if it was based on talent and not an even division between the sexes.

Slice & Dice Sigpic Chop Shop 2005

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

03-03-06, 12:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "Seahorse!!!!!!!!!!"
Hi!!!!!!
I totally agree with you about the final 12.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •