The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"AI5 Austin.... NO Randy, Paula or Simon"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

FSUGUY 447 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-06-06, 02:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FSUGUY Click to send private message to FSUGUY Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"AI5 Austin.... NO Randy, Paula or Simon"
LAST EDITED ON 02-06-06 AT 07:02 PM (EST)

I read in the dallas morning news that the judges never went to Austin.... Instead they flew some people from Austin to San Fran...

Ryan was there for promo shots....

anybody else hear this?

AI response was they did not think that wasa big deal....

ETA: here's the story....

A common complaint of reality-show contestants: "I was edited badly."

Austin can now chime in – as long as it's not #####'s Tessie Reid screeching the tune.

"What is up with Austin?" judge Randy Jackson asked after a series of performances that went well beyond "pitchy," the common Idol putdown. What was up is that these audition episodes at the start of the season are designed to emphasize the deluded.

"It's not over," Paula Goodspeed said after butchering "Proud Mary." "I'm not going to stop singing because you don't like my voice."

"How did she get through the metal detector?" Simon Cowell wondered, referring to her braces.

An attempt to parody the rejected with a black-and-white mini-movie about zombies was even lamer than it sounds.

A dozen hopefuls were put through to the next round, but only five of them were shown performing. This parade of the sour-voiced has become a rote exercise, yet the huge Idol audience keeps coming back for more torture.

It took a good quarter hour before the first genuine talent hit the stage: Jason Horn, a 28-year-old Longview funeral director who put a look of bliss on judge Paula Abdul's face as he ripped into "You Raise Me Up." He sounded like an immediate contender.

Bedford's Ricky Hayes, 21, a Texas A&M-Commerce student, also stood out with his range and effortless delivery. Two other local yokels – Dallas model Ashley Jackson, 20, and Tyler's R.J. Norman, 21 – scored passes to Hollywood.

Kevin Mitchell, a 27-year-old from Longview, wasn't so lucky. Not particularly good or bad, he was only included because he played up his resemblance to Randy. "My brother from another mother," Randy joked.

Host Ryan Seacrest set up Austin for a fall with his introduction: Could the city live up to its reputation? Not on this show. Leading into a commercial, he promised more "bum steers." And coming back from a break, he asked: "Have we saved the best for last? No."

Tessie Reid's appearance was teased throughout the episode. It turned out, predictably, that there "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" to avoid the 17-year-old's frightful emissions.

"I don't think I can do this anymore," Simon said afterward.

After one more of these ridiculous installments, Tuesday from Boston, 175 semi-semi-semi-finalists begin the competition for real.

E-mail mmendoza@dallasnews.com

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •