The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
""Don't under estimate me people!""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-30-01, 02:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
""Don't under estimate me people!""
Lindsay and Linda appear to have starring roles this week.

MB edited last weeks show to feature Lindsay's dehydration and weakness...that usually means she'll come roaring back this week.

MB also edited to feature the mutual dislike that Lindsay and Linda have for each other...Linda commenting to the Camera, "I guess she's not so strong after all..."

Previews show night vision shots of what appears to be the Samburu around the campfire discussing "the ramifications of what happened,"at tribal council and "what's necessary for the future". They probably talk about who will sit out the next challenge, and if Lindsay is strong enough to compete, given her bout with dehydration. Her response..."Don't under estimate me people!" She is determined to show Linda "how strong she is ".

-----------------------------------------------------------------
On the Next Survivor
· With age-group lines drawn at the last Tribal Council, the Samburu tribe discusses the ramifications of what happened, and what's necessary for the future. Will tensions or teamwork between old and young prevail?

Sitting around after the TC, discussing the future challenges.

Lindsay saying “Don’t underestimate me people!”

Looking at the vidcaps of the Challenges, we see Lindsay apparently performing very well in both the run and the house moving...

Kim P. and Lindsay leading the Samburu is the “run” part of the challenge.

Lidsay carrying one of four corners, during the house carrying challenge.

Linda apparently "cracks under the pressure" and makes Lindsay uncomfortable with her sarcastic "Thank-You" and mock respect.
· One tribe member makes another very uncomfortable during an awkward situation.

Linda’s sarcastic “Thank-You!”

Possible explanations:

Linda has apparently been "allowed" to sit out the upcoming challenge, because she is the "weakest".

Linda has just been reminded of how well Lindsay did in the challenge just completed. The pressure of her vulnerability cause her to "crack". She now has nothing to lose and doesn't hold back.

Linda is mocking Lindsay, because Lindsay insisted on participating in the Challenge and caused the Samburu to lose, putting Lindsay in an uncomfortable situation.

So, it appears that Lindsay comes back strong..."Don't under estimate" Linsay, but don't under estimate Mark Burnett's editing either!

Krautboy

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Weakest link AyaK 10-30-01 1
   RE: Weakest link sonrod 10-30-01 4
       RE: Weakest link dabo 10-30-01 5
           RE: Frank/Silas alliance? mavsfan 10-31-01 8
 RE: "Don't under estimate me people... mavsfan 10-30-01 2
   I think you have it!!! sleeeve 10-30-01 3
 We Are Going Around in Circles, Her... IceCat 10-31-01 6
   RE: We Are Going Around in Circles,... TaurusII 10-31-01 7
   RE: We Are Going Around in Circles,... northernlights 11-02-01 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-30-01, 03:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Weakest link"
OK, we've reached one of the traditional key points in the show: the fourth episode. In S1 and S2, this is the episode in which the alliances that would hold up were first revealed: the Tagi Alliance in S1, Colby-Tina in S2 (though MB tried to cover it up).

It's interesting that each of the tribes has a "weakest link" right now: the obvious person to go in Samburu is Linda; the obvious person to go in Boran is Kelly (yes, sleeeve, I know you think it's Mama Kim, but I disagree -- Kelly and Clarence are the real outsiders, and Boran's dual challenge wins last week boosted Clarence's value). The Linda "thank you" (which simply appears to be Linda's sarcasm) reminds me of the Kimmi-Alicia sequence from S2, and I refuse to be misled by it when there is so much evidence that Linda will go next from Samburu.

The question in this episode is not who would go from each tribe, but rather which tribe goes to TC. Unfortunately, all I can do there is guess.

I also think this will be the episode in which Linz starts to make herself persona non grata within her own alliance. We shall see.

sonrod 25 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-30-01, 11:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sonrod Click to send private message to sonrod Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Weakest link"
It is interesting that you mentioned secret alliances not shown. This past saturday night ( since I don't have a girlfriend and I don't have a life ) I was drinking a beer and thinking about the past episode where Carl got the boot. Why did Carl and not Frank get booted? Carl shot his mouth off about his wealth, but Frank is despised. Even when Lindsey was in agony during her dehydration bout, she was muttering that Frank should shut up. Is there a secret alliance between Frank and Silas? Someone convinced the GEN-X Borans to vote Carl off instead of Frank.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

10-30-01, 11:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Weakest link"
>It is interesting that you mentioned
>secret alliances not shown. ...

>Frank is despised. Even when
>Lindsey was in agony during
>her dehydration bout, she was
>muttering that Frank should shut
>up. Is there a secret
>alliance between Frank and Silas?

I have been wondering about something like this, as well. Silas is now in a position to form his own alliance within Samburu if he wants to, it would be a daring and risky strategy but if he could pull it off it would be worth doing, basically pull together the three or four other players he wants to be allied with (rather than pick which pre-formed alliance of two would be better). Frank may be despised but he would be valuable to keep around, as opposed to Teresa who may be universally liked but whose only strategic value long-term would be that she could probably be bested in any athletic individual immunity challenge (and as for Linda, the only reason to keep her would be to get rid of a weaker player). Brandon has shown himself to be a conniving sneak, which isn't bad in the Survivor scheme of things but Silas probably shouldn't trust him out of his own sight and hearing, and Silas may like Lindsey but she's been showing poor judgment, whereas Kim P. seems to understand when to keep things to herself and has shown herself to be a dependable team player. It's an interesting dynamic.

"If the race of man should be left naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few individuals might linger, but in a year would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

mavsfan 693 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-31-01, 11:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mavsfan Click to send private message to mavsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Frank/Silas alliance?"
Frank has been portrayed as a hard nosed drill sergeant, and Lindsey clearly doesn't like him, but have any of the mallrats said anything specifically about having a problem with Frank?

If not, then you may have something here. MB certainly didn't make it CLEAR in SII until late in the game what exactly the alliances were. Certainly there is reason to think the mallrat alliance MAY NOT be the REAL alliance.

Having said that, I still think Carl's comments indicate the Sambura can't hold it together as a team and that Boran ends up Beating them because they are more united.

mavsfan 693 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-30-01, 10:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mavsfan Click to send private message to mavsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: "Don't under estimate me people!""
Someone mentioned (I think it was Sleeeve) that the Sambura spent a lot of time arguing at the rock rolling competition about who would participate and who would sit out. Pretty much everyone wanted to participate so that they could be seen as having value to the tribe.

Sambura (Carl and Brandon I think) discussed afterwards that in the future they should decide before even going to the challenge who would sit out and who would participate depending on what type of challenge was involved ie. mental, agility, speed, strength whatever.

So I suspect Lindseys "Don't underestimate me people" is part of her lobbying to be in the next challenge even if it's physical. She doesn't want her dehydration/weakness to be held against her.

I don't think we can tell from Linda's "Thank YOOOUUU!!!" If they won or lost the challenge. I think it's plausible that they lost and Linda is being sarcastic thanking Lindsey for the loss.
I think it's every bit as plausible that they won the challenge, and Lindsey has just finished pointing out lucky they were to have her on the team. That if they had used a weaker player (Linda) they would have lost the challenge and would have to go to TC and vote another of the old folks off, so Linda tells Lindsey "Thank YOOOUUU!!!!" for protecting us old folks.

I certainly don't mean to say this is the actual dialogue, I just want to point out, win or lose Linda could be very frustrated with Lindsey.

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-30-01, 10:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "I think you have it!!!"
This makes a lot of sense!!!

Great job in putting these together!!!

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

10-31-01, 04:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "We Are Going Around in Circles, Here..."
Linda will be booted if Samburu go to TC...

This is the best assumption we can make out of the Linda/Lindsey dynamic.

Remember last week how the last minute, Thursday preview showed a lot more detail on the challenges and actually told us which challenge was the RC.

Our only hope is to see if more detail is provided on Thursday... If we can see enough detail about the challenges to determine which is RC and which is IC and...

We can determine if a significant advantage is to be had from better hydration or upper body strength.

Note: A lot of people seem to interpret Lindsey's appearance in the house moving challenge to show her as doing well. I think she looks like she is seriously sucking wind! Frank's comment to the others to 'go ahead... I'm alright' sounds like he is overburdened... perhaps he having to carry an excessive amount of weight because of a fellow competitor who has poor upper body strength. If we assume that the 'house' structure' and the 'log pieces' are being transferred simultaneously, then 4 people will be moving the 'house structure' and two will be moving 'log bits'. Imagine if Frank and Brandon are the two moving log bits.

I could see Frank being majorly pissed if he had to move the majority of the load because of Brandon's lack of physical strength only to lose the challenge and then face the possibility of having Brandon vote Frank off!

I am taking bets as to whether Frank actually kills Brandon by the end of the show. I can see it now... Frank is voted off at TC... then he pulls a 'Champ':

Frank 'loses it'!

He 'snaps'!

It's a fake to the head...

... and the maroon goes for it!

I think we may see a little Frank/Brandon conflict this episode... should be fun!

September 11, 2001

TaurusII 53 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-31-01, 11:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TaurusII Click to send private message to TaurusII Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: We Are Going Around in Circles, Here..."
Maybe we see here the basis for Lindsey's rumored medical DQ.

If she has been having problems with dehydration, and then is really exerting herself to show she isn't weak, perhaps she drives herself into a *serious* case of dehydration in the next couple of weeks, one that requires hospitalization.

Of course, I'm probably just bedazzled by MB's smoke and mirrors...

)O_II

northernlights 5058 desperate attention whore postings

11-02-01, 12:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail northernlights Click to send private message to northernlights Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: We Are Going Around in Circles, Here..."
>I am taking bets as to
>whether Frank actually kills Brandon
>by the end of the
>show. I can see
>it now... Frank is voted
>off at TC... then he
>pulls a 'Champ':
>
>Frank 'loses it'!
>
>He 'snaps'!
>
>It's a fake to the head...
>
>
>... and the maroon goes for
>it!

LMAO Ice, you made me laugh out loud in my office and now everyone thinks I'm cracking under the pressure!

Geez, that would have been sooo cool. Your scenario would have been more exciting to watch than the predictable ending we were shown.

I'm lovin the Champ reference here. Haven't heard The Champ for a long time. Sorry about posting on the spoilers board without any spoiling input but I had to say thanks for my best laugh of the day!

lt

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •