The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"What happens if teams are arrested?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

Redemption 57 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-19-04, 10:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Redemption Click to send private message to Redemption Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"What happens if teams are arrested?"
Just curious what happens if teams are arrested. Are they immediately disqualified or can they still be in the race if thy make the pit stop?

It seems like Colin might be in trouble next week.

Also, what happens if there are fights? Does the cameraman jump in or is there security in the background for each leg?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: What happens if teams are arres... cadfile 08-20-04 1
 RE: What happens if teams are arres... dabo 08-20-04 2
 RE: What happens if teams are arres... Estee 08-20-04 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

cadfile 176 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-20-04, 01:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cadfile Click to send private message to cadfile Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: What happens if teams are arrested?"
>Just curious what happens if teams
>are arrested. Are they immediately
>disqualified or can they still
>be in the race if
>thy make the pit stop?
>
>
>It seems like Colin might be
>in trouble next week.

I don't know about fights but on TAR3, Andre & Damon were detained by local police outside Marrakech when they took a wrong turn due to a bad taxi driver. TAR's security people negotiated their release but they weren't given any special treatment - they couldn't be last to the pit-stop. They went from 1st place to 6th place. Here is the quote from the TAR3 website:

"Andre & Damon made their way back to Marrakech after an ordeal where the local official asked the pair to surrender their passports. After refusing, the pair received help from the security staff of THE AMAZING RACE to get them out of the situation. After an early lead, the pair disappointedly arrived at the Pit Stop in sixth place."

BUT Andre and Damon's issue wasn't of their doing. If hot head Colin ends up in jail because he can't be quiet then I don't think TAR security should help him out.

--
Doug

Cousin Eddie: Every time Catherine would turn on the microwave, I'd pee my pants and forget who I was for about half an hour.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-20-04, 01:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: What happens if teams are arrested?"
I'm fairly certain those camera crews are obvious to everyone.

If a contestant were to actually be arrested then I expect the producers would pull some strings to smooth things over. Not saying I think they should or I approve of that sort of thing, just that I expect that's what would happen.

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-20-04, 07:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: What happens if teams are arrested?"
If a team is detained for no good reason (as with Guns & Hoses), TAR staff will step in to free them, but no time credit will be given. A team that gets arrested on merit (starting a fight, etc.) is likely going to wind up getting exactly what they deserve. It's never come up -- but I honestly think the team will be left behind to wait out whatever form of justice is being used in their current territory. This may mean completely exhausting their bribe budget. Jumping bail is almost mandatory, as long as the passports haven't been surrendered.

The camera crew are neutral observers and should only respond if directly attacked. Reality vs. theory is something else entirely -- but again, we've never had an all-out bar brawl on TAR. Give Colin a little time, though. It's been a hard Race and they haven't gone to all that many bars.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •