The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Buying tix for OTHER teams - Fair or not?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

al91206 19 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-19-04, 05:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail al91206 Click to send private message to al91206 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Buying tix for OTHER teams - Fair or not?"
I think this practice should be banned! Letting other teams cut though can't be avoided. But to be able to buy tix for other teams JUST so 1 team can't get the same flight seems just really unfair.

Specifically - Colin & Christie were going to buy 4 teams tix on the Naroibi Air flight so that they would hopefully fill up the plane so that Mirna & Charla wouldn't be able to get on, even though it ended up that C & C follwed Mirna & Charla's great flight decision.

What does everyone else think?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Buying tix for OTHER teams - Fa... seahorse 08-20-04 1
   RE: Buying tix for OTHER teams - Fa... dabo 08-20-04 2
 RE: Buying tix for OTHER teams - Fa... Serendipity 08-20-04 3
 I don't like it, but... realitybites 08-20-04 4
 One ticket purchase! Canada Girl 08-20-04 5
   RE: One ticket purchase! nailbone 08-20-04 6
 RE: Buying tix for OTHER teams - Fa... sittem 08-20-04 7
   RE: Buying tix for OTHER teams - Fa... KMan 08-20-04 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-20-04, 00:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Buying tix for OTHER teams - Fair or not?"
I think it is part of the game, similar to alliances in other games. Obviously by buying the tickets for another team, you know they are going to be even with you. After all it is a race. If I was in the race If I were Colin I would want to go against Charla and Mirna and the moms rather than Chip/Kim and Brandon/Nicole which are more likely to win at the end especially if they are in a sprint to the finish.

ŠSlice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

08-20-04, 01:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Buying tix for OTHER teams - Fair or not?"
All's fair in Love and TAR.

Serendipity 525 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-20-04, 08:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Serendipity Click to send private message to Serendipity Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Buying tix for OTHER teams - Fair or not?"
In past versions, teams have bought tickets for other racers or saved them a place in line, but not to the extent we've seen it on this TAR. When it happened, it usually caused some ill will just as it has here.

The one new change I really hate is that you can buy multiple tickets. Previously, once you bought your ticket, you were stuck with it - just like in real life. Now they can buy and buy. If it were played by the old rules, Colin and his crew would have been stuck with the Swiss Air tickets and wouldn't have been able to also buy Gulf Stream tickets.

realitybites 1174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-20-04, 09:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail realitybites Click to send private message to realitybites Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "I don't like it, but..."
I don't think it should be disallowed. As others have said, it's part of the race and has been almost from day one.

"This is realitybites and I approved this post."

Canada Girl 3340 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

08-20-04, 10:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Canada%20Girl Click to send private message to Canada%20Girl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "One ticket purchase!"
I think that buying tickets for other teams is irritating.

However, what I'd really like to see is teams banned from buying other tickets once one set of tickets is bought. I actually thought they started this rule for this race, but apparently not.

Normal people travelling can't buy ticket after ticket to find the best price. It's ridiculous that they can. Try to find the best flight FIRST then suffer or benefit from your choice. Now that's good TV!

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

08-20-04, 11:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: One ticket purchase!"
However, what I'd really like to see is teams banned from buying other tickets once one set of tickets is bought. I actually thought they started this rule for this race, but apparently not.

They were, for that one leg of the race. Other than that, they can buy however many they think they need.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

The order of Banana delivery should be organized by location to save on shipping costs. o-

sittem 4186 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

08-20-04, 12:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sittem Click to send private message to sittem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Buying tix for OTHER teams - Fair or not?"
I definitely think it should be allowed (and since it's happening, it is allowed within the "rules").

Here's why. There are several ways in which TAR catches people's interest. First, you get to see a bit of the world and other cultures - it's a travelogue. Personally, I'm still reflecting on Tuesday's show because I saw so much that reminded me of our time in Africa. Second, there's the relationships within the couples to watch. Third, there's the race itself and the roadblocks and detours - the tasks that they must accomplish. Fourth, there's the relationships between the couples. That's enough of a list - there's other things also.

What keeps people watching is a combination of the factors named and unnamed above. While some of us dislike or lvoe one set of racers, others dislike or lvoe another set. Part of what keeps our interest is the intrigue, the bickering and the backbiting among the couples. I know TAR producers like to see this stuff and it's often what they promote in their commercials (ie., the airport incident last week with Christie blocking the door - in fact it was very minimal in it's affect on the race other than furthering animosity between those two teams).

So, as Serendipity pointed out above, buying tickets for others promotes alliances and therefore increases the incidence of animosity and infighting among the teams. For the producers that means good TV - bottom line, whether we think it's fair or not.

2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

KMan 141 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-20-04, 01:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KMan Click to send private message to KMan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Buying tix for OTHER teams - Fair or not?"
I don't see anything wrong with buying tickets for more than one flight. Presumably the teams buy fully refundable unrestricted tickets. So when they find a better flight, they simply return the other tickets. Business travelers do this all the time.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •