The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Advice for a Desperate Housewife?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-31-04, 11:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Advice for a Desperate Housewife?"
The dilemma:

1. Desperate Housewives is on tonight. I have satellite. The kids were still hyper when the 9:00 show started, so I thought I would wait until either the 10:00 or the midnight show.

2. DH has control of the remote.

3. DH is in a major snit. He's been snarly all night, with EVERYONE. I already said something to him about loading the washer without starting it, and he jumped down my throat. And I don't mean that in a good way.

4. DH just started watching the 10:00 showing of "Shallow Hal." It isn't over until 12:30.

So, what should I do? Let me just make it clear that missing Desperate Housewives tonight is NOT an option.

Suggestions?

Yes, kitties can have blogs, too.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 It will be on again moonbaby 10-31-04 1
   RE: It will be on again frisky 10-31-04 2
       or... moonbaby 10-31-04 3
 RE: Advice for a Desperate Housewif... Puffy 10-31-04 4
   RE: Advice for a Desperate Housewif... frisky 11-01-04 6
   RE: Advice for a Desperate Housewif... 63_Stingray 11-01-04 9
 Two words Gothmog 10-31-04 5
   RE: Two words frisky 11-01-04 7
 RE: Advice for a Desperate Housewif... Femme 11-01-04 8
   RE: Advice for a Desperate Housewif... 63_Stingray 11-01-04 10
       RE: Advice for a Desperate Housewif... Surveysez 11-01-04 11
           RE: Advice for a Desperate Housewif... 63_Stingray 11-01-04 12
 RE: Advice for a Desperate Housewif... Surveysez 11-01-04 13
   RE: Advice for a Desperate Housewif... Swami 11-01-04 15
       RE: Advice for a Desperate Housewif... Surveysez 11-01-04 16
 Moot point now but... wandacal 11-01-04 14
   RE: Moot point now but... frisky 11-01-04 17
       RE: Moot point now but... Glow 11-01-04 18
 RE: Advice for a Desperate Housewif... mrc 11-01-04 19
 The Answer is Obvious MTW1961 11-01-04 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

10-31-04, 11:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "It will be on again"
LAST EDITED ON 10-31-04 AT 11:26 PM (EST)

next Saturday. Forgot to add that I try to avoid snits in any way, shape or form. What's a few days viewing delay versus a ceasing of snitiness?

10-31-04, 11:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: It will be on again"
Really? I didn't know they were showing them twice a week!

Thanks, moon.

Now I just have to make sure that I have control of the remote on Saturday.

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

10-31-04, 11:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "or..."
he may lose interest in Shallow Hal and go to sleep, in which case you can watch your show tonight-if you can stay up that late.

I love the Saturday do-over thing!

Puffy 6702 desperate attention whore postings

10-31-04, 11:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Advice for a Desperate Housewife?"
I'm surprised that it's on 3 times in one night! Is that some Canadian custom that I don't know about? I guess you could always take a bath..

11-01-04, 00:20 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Advice for a Desperate Housewife?"
It's the wonders of satellite, Puff! I can be an east coaster AND a west coaster without leaving the comfort of my own home!

63_Stingray 483 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-01-04, 00:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail 63_Stingray Click to send private message to 63_Stingray Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Advice for a Desperate Housewife?"
LAST EDITED ON 11-01-04 AT 00:49 AM (EST)

Get one of those clickers that turns off the tv where ever you are and make like you're having cable trouble. Are those your babies? They are a-dor-able!

Gothmog 2886 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-31-04, 11:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Gothmog Click to send private message to Gothmog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Two words"
Rubber Mallet.

Or? start conspicuously reading a biography of Lorena Bobbitt and make the odd comment: "very interesting....."

11-01-04, 00:21 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Two words"
I was hoping someone would post with instructions on how to make a weapon out of a remote control.

Femme 3621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

11-01-04, 00:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Femme Click to send private message to Femme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Advice for a Desperate Housewife?"
You let your husband hold the remote? Why, whatever would make you do such a silly thing?

Femme

11-01-04, 00:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail 63_Stingray Click to send private message to 63_Stingray Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Advice for a Desperate Housewife?"
That's part of marital law isn't it? Men are masters of the remote?

Surveysez 2793 desperate attention whore postings

11-01-04, 00:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Surveysez Click to send private message to Surveysez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Advice for a Desperate Housewife?"
That's how you tell what sex a hamster is. Toss a remote in the cage and if they grab on, you have a male hamster.

I wish I had advise for you Frisky. I am watching the 10 one tonight, so have to run right NOW.

11-01-04, 01:40 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Advice for a Desperate Housewife?"
Isn't "Desperate Housewives" just "Sex in the City" moved to suburbia or am I missing something?

11-01-04, 02:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Surveysez Click to send private message to Surveysez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Advice for a Desperate Housewife?"
OK. Took advantage of the quiet after Desparate Housewives to watch the tape I made of Firefly this morning as well.

DH was in control of the remote here, too, Frisky, but I used the upstairs TV and second receiver. We got the receiver for next to nothing from friends who were switching satellite companies and it only costs a few bucks a month to have the second one active. It's great for the kids and me to be able to watch different shows.

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings

11-01-04, 09:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Advice for a Desperate Housewife?"
Where are they showing Firefly, so you could tape it? I loved that show! I was so bummed that nobody picked it up after one season!

Where? Where? Where?

It's not the voting that's democracy; it's the counting. --Josef Stalin

11-01-04, 10:01 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Advice for a Desperate Housewife?"
I have satellite like Frisky. It's on, in proper viewing order, on the Space Channel on Sunday mornings, mountain time at 9. Yesterday was Jayne, the hero to the mudders episode. I so hope when the movie is done, it is not a disappointment. The characters were so well drawn.

wandacal 4018 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

11-01-04, 04:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail wandacal Click to send private message to wandacal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Moot point now but..."
... Why is hubby anywhere even NEAR the TV set?

Isn't there a - "garage and a lot of inanimate wooden objects sitting next to a tablesaw with no instructions,(since he doesn't need them), that need to be formed into a patio cover and since Home Depot over-charges on labor anyway he can do a much better job himself as soon as Ron and Mike come over with a case of beer and honey can you make some bologna sandwiches for us and tell my Mom I'm not here?"

Jeez Frisky... You are soooo whupped.

Modified by JSlice

I WISH John watched more TV....

11-01-04, 10:58 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Moot point now but..."
BWWWAAAAHAAHAAHAA!! *waits for tears of laughter to clear from eyes*

OMG, Wanda, this DH wouldn't know what to do with a garage if he had one. He can't even screw in a lightbulb, and I don't mean that in a good way.

We are all safer if DH is sitting in front of the TV with nothing more than a harmless remote in his hand.

Needless to say, DH got tired of Shallow Hal and crawled up to bed in time for me to watch the midnight viewing of Desperate Housewives.

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

11-01-04, 11:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Moot point now but..."
I'm glad you got to watch it. I can see how he got tired of Shallow Hal.

I had a problem re-entering the bar the other night, btw.

mrc 10113 desperate attention whore postings

11-01-04, 12:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Advice for a Desperate Housewife?"
Find a young high-school athelete or a cut gardener, have meaningless sex, soap yourself up washing the car, then run nekkid around the nieghborhood.

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004
Having missed this show, that's all I've gotten from the previews.

MTW1961 4029 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

11-01-04, 12:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MTW1961 Click to send private message to MTW1961 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "The Answer is Obvious"
SIGH....DirecTV with TiVo! Record two shows while you watch a third. Never have to worry about when a show ACTUALLY airs; just watchat your convenience - and skip the commercials!

Handcrafted by RollDdice!

*scritches Frisky under the chin and behind the ears*

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •