The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Speaking of scary..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-31-04, 12:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Speaking of scary..."
Has anyone else seen the preview for "White Noise"? It's a movie that deals with the concept of EVP, or Electronic Voice Phenomenon, which is supposedly a real method in which the dead communicate with the living through recordings. This includes hearing mysterious voices in tape recordings, seeing sudden flashes in video and film that might be ghosts, etc.

Anyway, the preview for the movie so incapacitated me the other night that I've been hearing it play through my head, over and over. This looks like the first movie that could potentially give me horrible nightmares.

check out the trailer at the website.

RIP Franklin and Bertram

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Speaking of scary... greenmonstah 10-31-04 1
   RE: Speaking of scary... J Slice 10-31-04 2
 I was going to post... IceCat 10-31-04 3
   RE: I was going to post... J Slice 10-31-04 5
 RE: Speaking of scary... pythonfan 10-31-04 4
   RE: Speaking of scary... skye 10-31-04 6
   RE: Speaking of scary... Jims02 10-31-04 7
 RE: Speaking of scary... Jims02 10-31-04 8
   RE: Speaking of scary... J Slice 10-31-04 9
 RE: Speaking of scary... seahorse 10-31-04 10
 Some 'real' ones... IceCat 10-31-04 11
 RE: Speaking of scary... Belvasgirl 10-31-04 12
 RE: Speaking of scary... Swami 10-31-04 13
 DingDong! dabo 10-31-04 14
   bahahaha moonbaby 10-31-04 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

greenmonstah 10761 desperate attention whore postings

10-31-04, 12:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail greenmonstah Click to send private message to greenmonstah Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Speaking of scary..."
Now that? Is creepy!!!!!!!!!!!

Especially chilling is the link that brings up info on the non-profit group that studies EVP.

10-31-04, 12:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Speaking of scary..."
LAST EDITED ON 10-31-04 AT 12:50 PM (EST)

The AAEVP are convinced it's real, and apparently, this movie's really accurate. I know I'm going to go see it, but I'll probably piss my pants.

RIP Franklin and Bertram

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

10-31-04, 12:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "I was going to post..."
... a reply with an EVP sound in the background and then decided not to. All the ones I could find were way too scary to post.

*shudder*

10-31-04, 12:49 PM (EST)
5. "RE: I was going to post..."
Did you watch the preview?

"I'll see you no more?"
"Get out of my house?"

AHHHHHHH!
::hides under sheets::

RIP Franklin and Bertram

pythonfan 3348 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-31-04, 12:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pythonfan Click to send private message to pythonfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Speaking of scary..."
Not even gonna look at the website.

I tried watching Gothika for the second time -(had seen it on HBO east already) - and it still scared the carp out of me. So, I watched "America's Sweethearts" instead

Boo!

skye 2261 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

10-31-04, 01:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail skye Click to send private message to skye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Speaking of scary..."
I looked at the AAEVP website and none of what I heard was too convincing. Well except for "Dojo no." I'm sure the audio tracks in the trailer were greatly enhanced so that the words could be better understood.

Still it looks freaky and I love horror movies.

Double, double toil and trouble;
Fire burn and cauldron bubble.

Jims02 7407 desperate attention whore postings

10-31-04, 01:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Speaking of scary..."
Wimp.

Although Catherine Zeta-Jones...

Jims02 7407 desperate attention whore postings

10-31-04, 01:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Speaking of scary..."
I saw that preview before "Friday Night Lights." It looked really scary. I'm not sure if I'm going to go see it.

A 2003 PhoenixMons creation

10-31-04, 01:33 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Speaking of scary..."
That's where I saw it, too.

The guy I was with had gone to the bathroom, so I was all by myself when the preview played... so scary, and I was all alone...

Who wants pancakes?

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

10-31-04, 01:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Speaking of scary..."
What an ideal movie for this time of year.

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

10-31-04, 02:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Some 'real' ones..."
http://www.ghostwave.com/Ughs2.html

Some of these shouldn't be listened to when you're alone...

Enjoy?

Belvasgirl 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-31-04, 02:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belvasgirl Click to send private message to Belvasgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Speaking of scary..."
Is this a movie at the theater? I haven't heard of it, but it sounds like it might be pretty good! I have always been interested in this kind of stuff, so I will be keeping and eye out for it.

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings

10-31-04, 03:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Speaking of scary..."
That looks way cool, Slice! I love movies like that so much.

The best thing to do after seeing a truly scary movie is to walk around in your basement in the dark. Barefoot. A very intense experience! I have always lived through my basement walks--and so would you.

a slice of Slice
Really. Try this! Way fun.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

10-31-04, 03:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "DingDong!"
Trick Or Treat!

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

10-31-04, 06:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "bahahaha"
You are cracking me up with your costumes today, dabo!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •