The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"If Kim J and Kelly are smart.."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

ivoryElephant 2257 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

10-24-01, 12:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ivoryElephant Click to send private message to ivoryElephant Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"If Kim J and Kelly are smart.."
They will vote for Clarence.
Tom has voted for C.B. both times and he will probably do so again. If Kim and kelly and Tom all vote for Clarence and the other three vote for Kim, Clarence will lose the tiebreaker. I doubt tom will change his vote, he doesn't seem like that kind of guy.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: If Kim J and Kelly are smart.. SurvivorBlows 10-24-01 1
 RE: If Kim J and Kelly are smart.. dabo 10-24-01 2
 RE: If Kim J and Kelly are smart.. TaurusII 10-24-01 3
   RE: If Kim J and Kelly are smart.. dabo 10-24-01 4
       RE: If Kim J and Kelly are smart.. TaurusII 10-24-01 5
           RE: If Kim J and Kelly are smart.. dabo 10-24-01 6
               RE: If Kim J and Kelly are smart.. AmberFan126 10-24-01 7
                   RE: If Kim J and Kelly are smart.. TaurusII 10-24-01 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-24-01, 12:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: If Kim J and Kelly are smart.."
LAST EDITED ON 10-24-01 AT 02:09 PM (EST)

Good point ivory, although from what we've seen, it looks like Tom isn't being the "rogue" voter we first thoguht him to be.

...from the clips it looks like he is continuing to vote for Clarence with the understanding of he rest of the tribe that he is doing so (Lex, and I believe at least Kelly as well) both aluded to such eithr in a one/one or in the Insider clips, I can't remember.)

The question is whether Lex, Tom, and Ethan will be smart enough to realize that if Tom were to do so at their third council, that it would open the door for a Kim/Kelly defection (which of course they could still address on the NEXT council in a 3-2 vote to boot either Kelly or Kim. In the best case, unless one of the men defects, it would only buy the women one more council, then one of them would still be gone.)

-SB

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

10-24-01, 12:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: If Kim J and Kelly are smart.."
LAST EDITED ON 10-24-01 AT 12:57 PM (EST)

Now that would be hysterical! Yeah, I can just hear Mama Kim:

"Okay, it's either me or you this time, but if we both pretend to go along with Tom he'll probably vote for C.B. again. If we both vote for Clarence as well..."

Unfortunately, that would result in a tie-breaker voting round where Tom could change his vote in order to spare Clarence.

"If the race of man should be left naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few individuals might linger, but in a year would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

edited to include: I mean, if Tom is smart he would change his vote in the second round, it keeps him the center of the power alliance in Boran while still getting rid of a tribemate he considers a weak factor.

TaurusII 53 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-24-01, 01:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TaurusII Click to send private message to TaurusII Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: If Kim J and Kelly are smart.."
...they *won't* vote for Clarence!

If they vote for Clarence and get him eliminated, then they have traded any future for one more week. Once Clarence is gone, the Male block has numerical superiority, and can pick them off at their leisure.

Their only hope is to get Clarence to vote with them to knock off one of the Males. Just for illustration, say Tom; Clarence would probably love to get back at him. If KimJ, Kelly, and Clarence vote for Tom, Tom votes for Clarence, and Ethan and Lex vote for either one of the Females, the Tom is booted. If Tom denies himself the pleasure of tweaking Clarence one last time and votes with Ethan and Lex, it still only creates a tie vote (3-3) with no prior votes for tiebreakers.

The only problem with this strategy is that the Males already have control of results, if they vote correctly. If Ethan, Tom and Lex all vote for Clarence, then he is out. If Clarence votes with the Females, the vote is tied and he loses the tiebreaker. Then, the Males have the numbers to vote off the Females, as long as their block stays together.

Of course, the argument is that they need Clarence to win the challenges. I don't see this as a strong defense; if Boran comes to a vote this week or next, then they will have lost 3 of the first 3 or 4 challenges *with* Clarence -- hard to do worse than that...

JMHO

)O

10-24-01, 01:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: If Kim J and Kelly are smart.."
Now that would be interesting. Would Clarence go along with them, though. I actually do like the guy but he hasn't seemed very together yet in some ways. Still, yeah, if he did go along with it, no second round:

3 votes Tom, Lex or Ethan
2 votes Kim J. or Kelly
1 vote Clarence.

Interesting.

"If the race of man should be left naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few individuals might linger, but in a year would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

10-24-01, 01:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TaurusII Click to send private message to TaurusII Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: If Kim J and Kelly are smart.."
It's hard to say. Clarence has not acted like the most on-the-ball Survivor player to date. I'm not sure he has the imagination to see this, or get past the head games Tom etc are playing with him.

But I would hope that KimJ or Kelly could count to three, and have a nice long (3-day?) talk with Clarence. If they laid it out to him, in detail, in simple terms, that he is gone unless he joins them against the Males, maybe they can bring him around.

Of course, it may already be too late. The Males can run the board, if they call the shots right.

One point for additional discussion (or maybe another thread): if Boran loses all 6 pre-merge IC, then the Male group would have to vote off one of their own. Which one would it be?

JMHO

)O

10-24-01, 02:20 PM (EST)
6. "RE: If Kim J and Kelly are smart.."
Back in August I posted on another speculation thread that one possible permutation of the game is for one tribe to so dominate the challenges that the other tribe would be reduced to only two members by episode 7. I wasn't actually expecting that to happen, I mentioned that because it is the reason why the merge takes place in episode 7, since it is preposterous to send only two players to TC except in the final TC where the jury votes.

Anyway, assuming Boran did have to go to all of the first six TCs, that would actually put the two remaining Borans in an interesting position in episode 7 as they could join one of the Samburu alliances (they'd have to, and both in the same alliance in my opinion) and upset the balance there, and then the Samburus would begin thinning out there own. This could get very interesting!

Okay, assuming Kim J. goes in TC3 and Kelly goes in TC4, I'd say Clarence goes in TC5; at that point it only takes two votes to put him into a tie, and if it goes to the deadlock rule he's probably still the one carrying the most previous votes, plus Boran are numerically disadvantaged no matter what after having gotten rid of Kelly, so why risk keeping Clarence around where he might pull a Colby Donaldson/Kelly Wigglesworth and win a string of individual immunity challenges. Of course, the three remaining Boran would want to try to win the final team IC, so they might also see TC5 as their last shot of getting rid of Clarence before the merge. Then, in TC6 if they had to go yet again, hard to say at this point; my guess would be Lex goes then, but it's just pure guesswork right now. Interesting speculation topic, but I'll still be surprised if it plays out that way.

AmberFan126 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-24-01, 03:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AmberFan126 Click to send private message to AmberFan126 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: If Kim J and Kelly are smart.."
Kelly should hope (if they lose the next challenge) that they win the next one. If they win the next one, and then lose the fifth or sixth, I think at this point the men will decide they might as well take out Clarence, no point in delaying it at that point.

10-24-01, 03:17 PM (EST)
8. "RE: If Kim J and Kelly are smart.."
The point I'm trying to make is, if the men can count, they should see that voting Clarence at the next TC gives them control until they have to vote one of their own off or the merge comes.

If the women and Clarence can count, they should see that they have to get together at the next TC to have any chance of remaining, and even that depends on the men not being able to count.

If Boran loses the IC this time, I guess we'll see who can count.

JMHO

)O

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •