The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Survivor summaries"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-24-01, 00:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Survivor summaries"
OK, I held off doing this because I was hoping to hear from shakes, but it's now time.

Anyone who wants to write a summary of Episodes 3, 4, 5, or 7 should apply in the thread below (Outfrontgirl is going to write the summary of E6). I'm going to presume that if shakes returns, he won't do so before E8.

Additionally, if you are interested in summarizing one of the later episodes (E8-E13), please note that in the thread below as well. I won't make a firm commitment regarding these episodes yet, though, pending any word from shakes.

As always, priority in scheduling is given to anyone who has already written or has scheduled to write a summary for the board on another show (The Amazing Race, The Mole 2, Temptation Island, a prior Survivor, or (egad!) BlowsVivor).

P.S. Thanks to SherpaDave and LoudmouthLee for their wonderful summaries of the first two episodes!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Survivor summaries dabo 10-24-01 1
   E3 AyaK 10-24-01 2
 RE: Survivor summaries dangerkitty 10-24-01 3
   Sounds good AyaK 10-24-01 4
       I accept dabo 10-24-01 5
 Episode 5 Superman 10-24-01 6
   RE: Episode 5 sleeeve 10-24-01 8
       RE: Episode 5 Superman 10-24-01 9
           Yea! A Supes summary!! VampKira 10-24-01 28
 RE: Survivor summaries SherpaDave 10-24-01 7
   RE: Survivor summaries Naked 10-24-01 10
 RE: Survivor summaries Mumbo Jumbo 10-24-01 11
 RE: Survivor summaries PepeLePew13 10-24-01 12
 RE: Survivor summaries Lisapooh 10-24-01 13
   RE: Survivor summaries NightScribe 10-24-01 14
       RE: Survivor summaries Lisapooh 10-24-01 16
           Waaaaaaaaaaa true 10-24-01 17
               RE: Waaaaaaaaaaa Lisapooh 10-24-01 22
           RE: Survivor summaries LadyT 10-25-01 34
 Current schedule AyaK 10-24-01 15
   RE: Current schedule Bebo 10-24-01 18
       The Mole 2 AyaK 10-24-01 19
           RE: The Mole 2 Bebo 10-24-01 24
   RE: Current schedule SherpaDave 10-24-01 20
       RE: Current schedule PepeLePew13 10-24-01 23
           Replies AyaK 10-24-01 25
       RE: Current schedule mojo 10-26-01 39
   RE: Current schedule dabo 10-24-01 21
       RE: Current schedule Outfrontgirl 10-24-01 26
           Good spoiling, OFG AyaK 10-24-01 27
           RE: Current schedule LoudmouthLee 10-25-01 32
 Finale AyaK 10-25-01 29
   RE: Finale Superman 10-25-01 30
       RE: Finale dabo 10-25-01 31
   RE: Finale LoudmouthLee 10-25-01 33
 Update AyaK 10-25-01 35
   RE: Update Naked 10-26-01 36
   RE: Update PepeLePew13 10-26-01 37
 Update Summary 3 dabo 10-26-01 38
   RE: Update Summary 3 MakeItStop 10-26-01 40

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

10-24-01, 00:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Survivor summaries"
I can do episode 3 if need be, as I stated on the #43 post on the other thread. It may not be up until sometime during the weekend, though. Due to a constantly up-in-the-air on-again-off-again situation at work I wouldn't feel comfortable making any commitments except on a week-to-week basis.

SMILES ARE FREE.

"If the race of man should be left naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few individuals might linger, but in a year would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

10-24-01, 00:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "E3"
LAST EDITED ON 10-24-01 AT 00:30 AM (EST)

dabo, since you are on the priority list, E3 is yours -- and it's OK to post it on the weekend. Thanks for volunteering. One down; now let's focus on E4, E5, and E7 ... plus E8-E13.

dangerkitty 1913 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

10-24-01, 01:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerkitty Click to send private message to dangerkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Survivor summaries"
I'll do one! I'll take Ep 4, since it's next in line, but if someone else needs to do that one due to timing, I can switch to another.

dangerkitty
Goddess of Words

10-24-01, 02:51 AM (EST)
4. "Sounds good"
dangerkitty, E4 works for me. It's yours. And, a change from what I posted above -- if people are seriously interested in E8 through E13, I'll commit the episodes to them.

So, right now, it's:
E1 -- SherpaDave
E2 -- LoudmouthLee
E3 -- dabo
E4 -- dangerkitty
E5 -- TBD
E6 -- Outfrontgirl
E7 through E13 -- TBD

(TBD = to be determined)

10-24-01, 03:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "I accept"
Okay, I'll do e3, dk has e4, this is shaping up real nice. The rest of you, just because the immediate pressure is off, don't be lazy about this, let's make the clown beg to get it back whenever he returns! Actually, I like ol' Ben's summaries, and prefer reading what others think of the episodes, but I'm glad to be able to step up and do the community a service when need be.

AK, I read your analretentive S1 finale, fine job my friend (and I say analretentive in the friendliest way coz I'm like that meself). Thanks for all you've done around here. (String him along, y'all, we gotta keep this guy around!) lol Hope everything is going well on the homefront, AK. My daughter is learning cello, maybe someday she'll move back east where our illustrious ancestor lived, get a spot with the Pops!

SMILES ARE FREE.

"If the race of man should be left naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few individuals might linger, but in a year would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

Superman 3157 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-24-01, 03:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Superman Click to send private message to Superman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Episode 5"
You need Episode 5, eh?

*tosses his hat in the proverbial ring*

I'll do it if you like, but if these "Survivors" don't get a bit more interesting, it's gonna be really tough.

*smooches AK right on the lips, just to see the look on his face*

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings

10-24-01, 04:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Episode 5"
>*smooches AK right on the lips,
>just to see the look
>on his face*

Is it just me, or has Supe been a little giddy since he returned??? I mean first he does an interpretive dance vote thread, then he wittily responds to every OT summary on OT, and finally, I catch him in the corner making out with AyaK (and don't think I didn't notice Sherps waiting on the sideline to join in).

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

10-24-01, 04:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Superman Click to send private message to Superman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Episode 5"
Is it just me or does sleeeve sound a little...oh I dunno... jealous?

C'mon sleeeve, join us. Sherps, see if you can..y'know, "lay the charm" on old sleeevie here.

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

Or will we..

VampKira 4433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-24-01, 04:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VampKira Click to send private message to VampKira Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "Yea! A Supes summary!!"
OMG.. my eyes! Supes smooching AK!! My eyes are bleeding from all that I see on this thresd... No, wait.. my eyes always bleed.....scratch that.

SherpaDave 8326 desperate attention whore postings

10-24-01, 03:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SherpaDave Click to send private message to SherpaDave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Survivor summaries"
LAST EDITED ON 10-24-01 AT 03:41 AM (EST)

Throw me in again wherever you like. Ep7 looks like it's next on the list, and I'd be delighted to do another. Hopefully, I'll have a cushy job by then that'll allow me to write it at work.

Edited to change my usual sig line to this: *smooches Supes just cuz he really misses smooching Supes*

Naked 887 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-24-01, 05:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Naked Click to send private message to Naked Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Survivor summaries"
Glad to hear another one will be done by Dave. Ep 1 was great. I'd like to take Ep 8 if anyone doesn't mind. I'd love to take a stab at the Lion bait before they eat each other alive.
Naked

Mumbo Jumbo 270 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-24-01, 07:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Mumbo%20Jumbo Click to send private message to Mumbo%20Jumbo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Survivor summaries"
Put my name on the list for episode 9, please.

Now who/where do I have to kiss?

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

10-24-01, 08:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Survivor summaries"
I'd like to throw my name into the hat for an episode summary. I've mentally done a lot of episode summaries in my head... time to get one onto paper, so to speak.

"What's wrong with her?"
"Oh, it's gonna blow up, dude... in 5 minutes, dude. It's gonna hit the (bleep) ceiling."
"It is?"
"Oh yeah." (maniacal laughter)
Anthony (talking to Adrian) on LC, Oct. 9/01

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings

10-24-01, 10:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Survivor summaries"
If I promise to run spell check, can I take one too?

pooh
the great entity of the thread

NightScribe 761 desperate attention whore postings

10-24-01, 11:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail NightScribe Click to send private message to NightScribe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Survivor summaries"
I think Pooh should get one of these -- did ya read her hilarious TAR summary? I'm Pooh's biggest fan. She is, afterall, the great entity of the thread (although I think she is the great entity of the summary).

Fighting illiteracy by day
and writer's block by night

10-24-01, 12:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Survivor summaries"
OMG <click> NS - could you be any sweeter? Thank you so much! And I have a feeling you have a brilliant summary or two just waiting to get out . Aren't you writing one for TAR?

Congratulations - you've just won my favorite poster award! Try to contain your excitement. There's no monetary prize, but I will always strive to point out your wit and wisdom to the rest of the tribe!

pooh
truly, the great entity of the thread AND the summary

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

10-24-01, 12:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "Waaaaaaaaaaa"
I thought *I* was your favorite! *sigh* *sob*

true

10-24-01, 12:50 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Waaaaaaaaaaa"
true is a articulate and warm person and brilliant football prognosticator.

She also crochets blankets for homeless kittens in her spare time. We could all learn a lesson in humanity from this selfless, kind-hearted individual.

She also has great gams.

pooh
the great entity of the thread

LadyT 5567 desperate attention whore postings

10-25-01, 04:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LadyT Click to send private message to LadyT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Survivor summaries"
*jealous*
*I* Love Pooh the most

Beatrice, get yee to Heaven, heres no place for you maids...and away to Saint Peter's for the Heavens, he shows me where the bachelors sit, and there live we as merry as the day is long -Much Ado About Nothing

10-24-01, 11:56 AM (EST)
15. "Current schedule"
LAST EDITED ON 10-25-01 AT 11:49 PM (EST)

Right now, the schedule shapes up like this:

E1(complete) -- SherpaDave
E2(complete) -- LoudmouthLee
E3 -- dabo
E4 -- dangerkitty
E5 -- Superman
E6 -- Outfrontgirl
E7 -- SherpaDave
E8 -- Lisapooh
E9 -- Mumbo Jumbo
E10 -- PepeLePew13
E11 -- Naked
E12 -- Bebo
E13 -- ??

The episodes through E9 are set. Pepe and Naked, since you haven't done a summary before, I've assigned you two to E10 and E11, respectively.

P.S. For reference, the remaining people have "previous writer" priority if they choose to exercise it: LadyT, Dusty Bottoms, Landsharck, Pendragon, Survivorerist, GreatDarkSpot, dekko, NightScribe, TeamJoisey, idiotcowboy, George Tirebiter, GG. I have already talked with flying squirrel, who asked me to wish everyone well but is unable to participate until S4!

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

10-24-01, 12:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Current schedule"
I didn't realize my Moleon experience qualified, but I definitely want to get into the fray. I'll take Ep12. Hopefully, this time the show won't get put on hiatus before my turn!

10-24-01, 12:40 PM (EST)
19. "The Mole 2"
I'm still expecting a The Mole 2 summary for the real E4, whenever it takes place...

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

10-24-01, 01:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: The Mole 2"
>I'm still expecting a The Mole
>2 summary for the real
>E4, whenever it takes place...
>

And you shall have one, oh esteemed blue man! It will even include a song...which I shall wait to unveil until the Mole is unearthed this winter...

SherpaDave 8326 desperate attention whore postings

10-24-01, 12:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SherpaDave Click to send private message to SherpaDave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Current schedule"
Real quick... I know you want to give priority to those who've already written episodes, but... since I've already done one for this season, why don't you slot my priority as just after those who haven't written one and want to? Seems only fair that everyone should be given a shot before one person is awarded two episodes. I'd hate to see Pepe and Naked get bumped because I got greedy.

Didi? Gogo? Where are you? It's me. I'm here. No more waiting. Didi? Gogo? Where are you? I told you I'd come, didn't I? Hello? I could have sworn it was this bench. Where are they? Didi? Gogo?

10-24-01, 01:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Current schedule"
You're not getting greedy at all, Sherps... you did do a great job with your summary and I know that there are many of us who wouldn't mind if you ended up doing more than one of the remaining episodes.

Ayak... just food for thought, but maybe shakes should be offered the final episode of S3 to carve up?

"What's wrong with her?"
"Oh, it's gonna blow up, dude... in 5 minutes, dude. It's gonna hit the (bleep) ceiling."
"It is?"

10-24-01, 02:49 PM (EST)
25. "Replies"
1. I also have every confidence that Pepe and Naked will write great episodes. The "priority" is more about having a reward for writing episodes of other shows or on short notice than any lack of confidence in writing ability. I also think there may be another "recap" show, which should also be summarized but isn't on the list above. Anyone bumped here would have first priority for the recap.

2. shakes would prefer not to do the final episode -- at least, not the final episode of S3. He and I are still talking about TI2. We'll see.

mojo 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-26-01, 12:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mojo Click to send private message to mojo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Current schedule"
NOOOOO! I want sherpaDave to do another one!! At LEAST one more. I was laughing so hard when I read the summary of Ep 1. please, please, please say you'll do another one! No offense to LML, but I guess I just 'get' Dave's humor more.

10-24-01, 12:47 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Current schedule"
I just want to go on record that I have complete faith in Pepe and Naked. I appreciate the reason for the "previous experience" requirement, but they both will have plenty of examples to draw from if need be. Clown left a wealth of S2 summaries to review for anyone to draw examples from. Anyway, now I gotta get busy and make some pre-show notes and stuff, an actual summary is a bit of a different beast from a BlowsVivor episode and I want to do a bang-up job. Don't worry, I'll try real hard not to put it out in serial of daily installments.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

10-24-01, 03:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Current schedule"
Very funny dabo, and here I was looking forward to a 4-part opus.
I'm thinking the previous experience requirement has nothing to do with faith in writing ability.

Looks to me like AyaK has come up with a clever plan, as usual, to get people to volunteer for the non-Survivor summaries, which are harder to line up. He is offering future Survivor assignments as a reward for pitching in for the good of the many. (BlowsVivor just sneaks in on a technicality, because he is very FAIR.)

10-24-01, 04:29 PM (EST)
27. "Good spoiling, OFG"
Exactly right. I even thought that some people might attempt to gain priority by waltzing over to the TI2 forum or the Mole 2 forum (all the summaries for TAR have been claimed) and volunteering, in the summary threads that are already there, to do one of the summaries for those shows (hint, hint)...

LoudmouthLee 294 desperate attention whore postings

10-25-01, 10:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LoudmouthLee Click to send private message to LoudmouthLee Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Current schedule"
GIVE ME THE FINALE! After the positive view of the last one, I'll take the finale and the aftermath

-LML

"What you call the disease, I call the remedy, and what you call the cause, I call the cure" -TMMB

"Moscow's in ashire, whats the problem? Should I throw my tammy in the ring and run for presidente?" - Trashcan Sinatras

10-25-01, 01:46 AM (EST)
29. "Finale"
Ahh, come on, SOMEBODY out there must be willing to take on the finale!

10-25-01, 02:16 AM (EST)
30. "RE: Finale"
Yes there is. I believe his name is AyaK.(hint, hint)

10-25-01, 02:29 AM (EST)
31. "RE: Finale"
YES YES YES! AyaK, I understand about keeping promises to loved ones, but if possible take a diminished role here but stick around. There are more blue men now, maybe another talk about things at home (hint hint)? Up to you, of course, but you have earned (more than, actually) your place of respect around here, and we all would feel horribly diminished if you had to vacate your position permanently.

That said, I understand about the transcient nature of things, but your impact here is, IMHO, a permanent part of these boards/.

And boy won't I be glad next week when I get to view things again in real time instead of on one-hour delay. Everyone who has to change thei clocks, this weekend is when it happens.

LoudmouthLee 294 desperate attention whore postings

10-25-01, 10:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LoudmouthLee Click to send private message to LoudmouthLee Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Finale"
I humbly ask for the finale.

Here is my resume:

Sarcastic Bastid: Ability to shoot down anyone, no matter how utterly cool they might be.

Will despise the winner no matter what.

Wants blood... (not Linds's)

Did I get the job?

-LML

"What you call the disease, I call the remedy, and what you call the cause, I call the cure" -TMMB

"Moscow's in ashire, whats the problem? Should I throw my tammy in the ring and run for presidente?" - Trashcan Sinatras

10-25-01, 11:53 PM (EST)
35. "Update"
OK, here's where we are.

Pepe, you've got E10.
Naked, you've got E11. Please respond to verify that E11 is OK with you.

LML, you are the leading contender for E13. But let me hold off for three weeks before I assign it, because I want to see if there is a recap show coming up. OK?

Naked 887 desperate attention whore postings

10-26-01, 01:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Naked Click to send private message to Naked Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Update"
I'm looking forward to taking on EP11. I'm also looking forward to reading all the rest of these, as I'll be plagerising as much as I can... Just joking.... see ya soon,

Naked

10-26-01, 06:32 AM (EST)
37. "RE: Update"
Thanks AyaK... I'm looking forward to the challenge, and if there's no recap show or any 1-week gap due to Thanksgiving, it'll fall on December 13th - lucky 13.

I'm already working on a summary for yesterday's episode to get practise and sharpen my knives.

"What's wrong with her?"
"It is?"

10-26-01, 11:03 AM (EST)
38. "Update Summary 3"
I'm going to try to get it written tonight, perhaps after reviewing the tape one more time without stopping to take notes (between the kids and the planes and the trains, ya know). I'm going to try to get it up late Saturday/early Sunday but if it doesn't come in then look for it late Sunday/early Monday.

MakeItStop 1098 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-26-01, 01:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MakeItStop Click to send private message to MakeItStop Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Update Summary 3"
I'm going to try to get it up late Saturday/early Sunday but if it doesn't come in then look for it late Sunday/early Monday.
And if it doesn't come in late Sunday/early Monday should be look for it late Monday/early Tuesday?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •