The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ep. 3: "The Gods Must be Angry -- Sisyphus, The Dung Beetle"..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Dalton 1271 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-20-01, 07:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dalton Click to send private message to Dalton Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ep. 3: "The Gods Must be Angry -- Sisyphus, The Dung Beetle"..."
LAST EDITED ON 10-20-01 AT 08:02 PM (EST)

This is one of the Challenges for Episode 3 wherein MB incorporates the "features" of the local environment on
Survivor: Africa. Same as he did last week with the Cow Blood drinking Masai ritual.

Sisyphus, the Dung Beetle is an insect native to East Kenya.

The MALE Dung Beetle rolls a ball of dung (not his; say a ball of Cheetah dung) much bigger than himself in search of a FEMALE!

(This sounds more like a "Reward" challenge to me!) LOL!

If SHE is impressed with his ball...they mate and bury the dung which will be food for the larvae once they hatch.

There are about 12 pics over at Survivorfever.net showing various members of both teams pushing huge balls; if somebody
(hint) would go drag them over here because I'm not good at that stuff.

One particular pic seems to show Lindsey falling on her face during this Challenge...maybe she is "accident prone".

PS. If the huge ball the contestants are pushing in the pics is really made of "dung" --- I don't WANT to know what kind of African animal is capable of that!!!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ep. 3: "The Gods Must be Angry... George Tirebiter 10-21-01 1
   RE: Ep. 3: "The Gods Must be Angry... Loree 10-21-01 2
       RE: Ep. 3: "The Gods Must be Angry... scorpio 10-21-01 3
           RE: Ep. 3: "The Gods Must be Angry... George Tirebiter 10-21-01 4
           RE: Ep. 3: "The Gods Must be Angry... Drive My Car 10-21-01 5
               RE: Ep. 3: "The Gods Must be Angry... TaurusII 10-22-01 6
 VId Caps wendyp 10-22-01 7
   RE: VId Caps Loree 10-23-01 8
       I Agree... It's Cramps IceCat 10-23-01 9
           RE: I Agree... It's Cramps George Tirebiter 10-23-01 10
           It's NOT her period MakeItStop 10-23-01 11
       RE: VId Caps dabo 10-25-01 12
           RE: VId Caps PepeLePew13 10-25-01 13
 RE: Ep. 3: "The Gods Must be Angry... Dalton 10-25-01 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

George Tirebiter 2982 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-21-01, 02:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail George%20Tirebiter Click to send private message to George%20Tirebiter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Ep. 3: "The Gods Must be Angry -- Sisyphus, The Dung Beetle"..."
These ARE some BIG balls o' sh¡t. . . and I am glad to drag the pix over for your consideration:

Not just dungball pix, but also the brainiac, Lindsey, and her attempt at leg-breaking.
GT

What's brown and sounds like a bell? DUNG!

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-21-01, 12:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Ep. 3: "The Gods Must be Angry -- Sisyphus, The Dung Beetle"..."
Lindsay isn't wearing the same top when she kicks the log and when she is lying on the ground. So I don't think she gets hurt kicking the log. I think she does have some kind of cramps when she is down.

scorpio 25 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-21-01, 12:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail scorpio Click to send private message to scorpio Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Ep. 3: "The Gods Must be Angry -- Sisyphus, The Dung Beetle"..."
The dung beetle race is pretty much a given. The trick is going to be speed AND steering that sucker. This may even out the tribes in terms of Boran actually getting it together and winning, whereas the Geriatric4 and the Mallies are on flip sides of the team coin. The youngsters seem to be reacting more negatively with each passing moment to Frank's edicts... left ...left I said.. whereupon Linz flips him the bird...

In terms of Lindsey - I suspect the ailment to be the African form of Montezuma's revenge. Her problem is going to be recovery .. she may be able to get by temporarily, but the effect is draining and the more she eats or drinks without meds is going to make it worse and sap her energy. I grew up there (well a little southwest of there) and can remember the feeling all too well. I sure would take a bone break over that gut problem. I can see her hanging around for a while but eventually having to head out for treatment if this is the case.

10-21-01, 02:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail George%20Tirebiter Click to send private message to George%20Tirebiter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Ep. 3: "The Gods Must be Angry -- Sisyphus, The Dung Beetle"..."
I wondered about the shirts. . . and I've been wracking my brain, trying to remember what they let us hear at the end of Ep. 2--I seem to recall her on the ground and talk of "do you think it's broken?" Anyone know how that really transpires? And I read something elsewhere about someone buckling from dehydration--that would certainly be a result of a massive case of dysentery, wouldn't it? Does that mean li'l Lindsey is a good candidate for ouster? (nahhhh--they wouldn't have shown us all this, if it was that easy. . .)

GT

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

10-21-01, 02:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Ep. 3: "The Gods Must be Angry -- Sisyphus, The Dung Beetle"..."

wonder what those "dung" balls are actually made of. They look kinda like those foam movie set rocks. Akward but light. Hell Maybe I should try to get a Survivor production job, I am a master of Paper Mache'

TaurusII 53 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-22-01, 11:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TaurusII Click to send private message to TaurusII Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Ep. 3: "The Gods Must be Angry -- Sisyphus, The Dung Beetle"..."
I had the same thought on one of the other boards. They look painted like rock, but could be as light (or as heavy) as you want (and still be tricky to roll where you want it to go).

)O

wendyp 2081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

10-22-01, 12:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wendyp Click to send private message to wendyp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "VId Caps"
If you go to the posting titled "ep3 Vid Caps" you can see great shoots for the challenge and others that Bunlger has provided. There is also a shot that shows what looks like a couple of Boran falling and getting rolled over by Samburu.

It is a good observation on the Lindsey shirt color in the different pics. these are the things that help everyone "spoil".

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

10-23-01, 00:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: VId Caps"
I notice in a couple of the vidcaps of Lindsey lying down she has her hands on her stomach. And Kim is touching her head. Nobody is examining or touching her ankle or foot. If she had hurt herself kicking she would have been holding her foot/ankle not her stomach. She is in some kind of stomach pain like cramps.

I don't think it is serious or Frank and Linda would not be making fun of her. Frank calls her Barbie and Linda comments on her not being a strong as she thinks and going down.

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

10-23-01, 03:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "I Agree... It's Cramps"
Remember Lindsey's rather inconguous announcement of impending period in EP1? I'd bet that Ms. Lindsey is prone to severe menstrual cramping and without the moderating effects of a medication like Midol (I bet somebody gets a product spokes-person deal out of this) her cramping will near incapacitating.

Frank's rather dismissive comments seem to support this hypothesis as well.

September 11, 2001

10-23-01, 01:11 PM (EST)
10. "RE: I Agree... It's Cramps"
I hope you're not saying she's still suffering from her period. . . she WOULD need some pity, if hers lasted that long! and even if it did, I think cramps would subside long before it was over--never suffered, myself, but I think they happen more as a prelude and in the first day or so (you experienced crampers, feel free to set me straight.) Plus, I can't imagine her saying a broken leg would be easier to take than a period without Midol--THAT would be truly pathetic!

I think it's much more likely she's suffering from improperly-sterilized water or dehydration. If she ingested (or bathed?) in that sludge, we'd be talking about amoebic dysentery, which might not be bad enough to take her out of the game (think of vacationers who tough it out 'til they return home to see if a doctor can clear it up) but would certainly add to the dehydration and make it increasingly difficult to compete. You can clear up a mild case with lots of yogurt/acidophilous, but I would hope they'd be prepared to dole out something more serious. . .

GT

MakeItStop 1098 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-23-01, 05:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MakeItStop Click to send private message to MakeItStop Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "It's NOT her period"
Remember she said she just started her period on Day 1. We are now on Days 7-9. Most women's periods last between 3 and 5 days. And to answer GT's questions, yes, you can have cramps during your period. GT, you are a very, very lucky girl!

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

10-25-01, 00:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: VId Caps"
Maybe the tree kicks her back (dumb thing to do, kick a branch) and she was wearing her bikini top under her shirt which was removed in order to examine a wound. Just a thought.

"If the race of man should be left naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few individuals might linger, but in a year would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

10-25-01, 01:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: VId Caps"
LAST EDITED ON 10-25-01 AT 06:19 AM (EST)

hey dabs... your comment made me run upstairs and pop the video back into the VCR -- I checked to see whether it showed what happened after Lindsey kicked the tree, and the tree definitely didn't hit her back. There were a moment after the kick where she looked at the tree then turned around as if there was no use for the tree.

I looked at the preview again and she's definitely on the ground because of dehydration (or sunstroke) as she's curled up with her legs up while holding her stomach and Kim P's fanning her hands as if she's cooling off Lindsey.

"What's wrong with her?"
"Oh, it's gonna blow up, dude... in 5 minutes, dude. It's gonna hit the (bleep) ceiling."
"It is?"
"Oh yeah." (maniacal laughter)
Anthony (talking to Adrian) on LC, Oct. 9/01

Dalton 1271 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-25-01, 01:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Dalton Click to send private message to Dalton Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Ep. 3: "The Gods Must be Angry -- Sisyphus, The Dung Beetle"..."
Since I started this.....I'm going to give my opinion.

The Dung Ball is the Immunity Challenge and somehow the Boran's win it!!!

That's it.

Thanks for listening.

Dalton

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •