The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"voting motives"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

pokey 58 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-27-01, 05:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pokey Click to send private message to pokey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"voting motives"
It seems that people's voting motives are desire-oriented vs. logic. How many people who voted off the guidos took into consideration the fact that they are shown ahead of the frats in the final clip with the rickshaw race. Like 90% of us would like to see the guidos gone but in considering their playing of the game they have done quite well overall even if some of their tactics were devious.

I am not a great guido fan but I think the frat favorites will miss their mark and be eliminated because they are not as driven and waste valuable time bickering or just not gettin' it.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: voting motives Cole 11-27-01 1
   RE: voting motives Ruthless 11-27-01 2
       RE: voting motives samced 11-27-01 3
 RE: voting motives stepol 11-28-01 4
   RE: voting motives Bebo 11-28-01 5
 RE: voting motives Serendipity 11-28-01 6
   RE: voting motives PagongRatEater 11-28-01 9
       RE: voting motives Cole 11-28-01 10
 What logic? RaceGirl 11-28-01 7
   RE: What logic? managerr 11-28-01 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Cole 409 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-27-01, 05:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cole Click to send private message to Cole Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: voting motives"
Pokey, I see your point, but there's no reason why there can't be some combination of desire AND logic. The clip of the Guidos ahead of the Festers in the rickshaw tells me nothing. We have no idea if the rickshaw is the final stage of this leg, or somewhere in the middle. Just because they happen to show it last doesn't necessarily mean it is last. In fact, since just about every preview we have seen has been misleading, I would say that logically, because they want us to think the Guidos beat out the Festers, that means the Festers win.

Ruthless 281 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-27-01, 07:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ruthless Click to send private message to Ruthless Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: voting motives"
We can tie ourselves up in knots using reverse psychology thinking - the clip shows Guidos ahead, therefore "they" want us to think Guidos beat Festers. But we are smarter than that, we know that's what "they" want us to think, so therefore we know Festers beat Guido. But "they" may be even smarter than us, and know that because the clip shows Guidos ahead we'll think Festers win, when in reality Guidos win.

How much longer till it's shown to put us all out of misery?

samced 72 desperate attention whore postings

11-27-01, 08:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samced Click to send private message to samced Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: voting motives"
Ive used this method before to determine who wins or loses.

Fester win unless they get to the pit stop after Guido,
by the same token Guidos are in the final 3 unless the Feaster beat them to the finish.
Im usally 50/50 right/wrong depends if my chosen pick for the week wins or looses. lets not forget, the lawyers, they may very well be eliminated this week, unless they get there in time/before the other 2 teams.
CAN"T STAND THE WAIT!!

stepol 16 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-28-01, 02:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail stepol Click to send private message to stepol Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: voting motives"
>How many people who voted
>off the guidos took into
>consideration the fact that they
>are shown ahead of the
>frats in the final clip
>with the rickshaw race.

Oh, I definately took it into account and that's why I think the Frats will pull it out. The SOP for the show seems to show preview clips that turn out to be the opposite of what actually happens.

So ... Guidos ahead in the previews means Frats win the race to the pit stop.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-28-01, 03:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: voting motives"
>Oh, I definately took it into
>account and that's why I
>think the Frats will pull
>it out. The SOP
>for the show seems to
>show preview clips that turn
>out to be the opposite
>of what actually happens.
>
>So ... Guidos ahead in the
>previews means Frats win the
>race to the pit stop.
>

EXACTLY! Since we have no spoiler evidence to place either team in the final three, look at how the preview is edited. We were on the same wavelength here.

Serendipity 525 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-28-01, 03:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Serendipity Click to send private message to Serendipity Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: voting motives"
Two weeks ago they showed us Guido in a kayak directly behind the Fratties, and we now know they weren't even on the river at the same time. The clip proved nothing at all to me.

A good part of my decision was desire, but a good part was also a gut feeling that the Frats will pull out the stops and behave when they need to do so.

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-28-01, 05:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: voting motives"
Serendipity - good point. I thought I was the only one who noticed that and I kept waiting to see how the Guidos would close that gap with the Festers last week. It never happened, so it really makes you wonder if this is truly a super-tight race to the finish or if we are just seeing some creative editing designed to stir some tension.

Based on that and the softening that we have seen of the "evil Guido" image over the past week or two, I believe that it will be the Frat boys who advance, but we shall see.

In the end, there are no good spoilers on who it is going to be, so why not vote your conscience.

Cole 409 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-28-01, 05:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cole Click to send private message to Cole Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: voting motives"
I agree... even on last week's show there was plenty of editing to make it look closer than it really was. They made it look like the Guidos arrived at the checkpoint just minutes after the Festers, when that can't be true. The Guidos have to be at least an hour behind the Festers. However, from the previews, unlike the kayak clips, this time we actually see the two teams in the same shot not once but twice. When they are in the rickshaws, what's to stop the Festers from throwing something in the Guido's spokes? It'd be no different than what the Guidos did at the airport. It's about time somebody bizatch-slapped these two. I'd love to see the Guidos whine about how "they cheated" and "it's not fair" and that they won't be able to continue on "in their own special way".

RaceGirl 50 desperate attention whore postings

11-28-01, 03:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RaceGirl Click to send private message to RaceGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "What logic?"
Without any spoiler 'proof', why not vote your desire? You can logic your way into guessing either one goes..

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

11-28-01, 04:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: What logic?"
I think this board is pretty good. There isn't much evidence one way or another. Most of us voted for Momily the week they were booted because of all the evidence.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •