The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Fanatics Love List vol. 5.6"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

BennyBoy 374 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

08-11-04, 01:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BennyBoy Click to send private message to BennyBoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Fanatics Love List vol. 5.6"
What a day. I was lucky enough to have my favorite television show be on day that just happened to be on the day of my birth. And I don't know about you, but what a great present it was seeing *them* go home. So what did all of you think this week?

This is a love list, you know what to do.

1)Charla/Mirna
2)Chip/Kim
2)Linda/Karen
4)Kami/Karli
5)Brandon/Nicole
6)Colin/Christie

Benny's Notes-

The Top:Yes I know seeing Charla and Mirna at the top is getting boring, but I just love them. Chip and Kim just barely stay out of the top spot this week. They are so funny, and are really starting to grow on me.

The Middle:The Bowling Moms narrowly edge out the twins. I like them both. The moms just have more spunk and have fun. I am glad to see Kami and Karli did a little better this weeek.

The Scum of the Earth:Brandon and Nicole just plain annoy me. If you thought Millie and Chuck were bad, they are nothing compared to these kids. With the elimination of Marshall and Lance, Colin and Christie bring up the rear. The will be there until they lighten up and enjoy themselves and develop a personality. Eh I hope the are gone...soon. In the words of Charla..."Move it Bi^*#"

So lets keep it up. You've been doing good while I was away.

Sittem: You do a wonderful job, I will try and let you take hosting duties whenever you would like. Just let me know. That goes for anybody else too.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Fanatics Love List vol. 5.6 dabo 08-11-04 1
 RE: Fanatics Love List vol. 5.6 sittem 08-11-04 2
 RE: Fanatics Love List vol. 5.6 bpg_wpc 08-11-04 3
   RE: Fanatics Love List vol. 5.6 buscemi 08-11-04 4
 RE: Fanatics Love List vol. 5.6 LeftPinky 08-11-04 5
 RE: Fanatics Love List vol. 5.6 toddE 08-11-04 6
   RE: Fanatics Love List vol. 5.6 ARnutz 08-11-04 10
       RE: Fanatics Love List vol. 5.6 buscemi 08-11-04 13
           RE: Fanatics Love List vol. 5.6 ARnutz 08-12-04 15
               RE: Fanatics Love List vol. 5.6 fallingtogether 08-13-04 18
 RE: Fanatics Love List vol. 5.6 PlumBlossom 08-11-04 7
 RE: Fanatics Love List vol. 5.6 StarryLuna 08-11-04 8
 RE: Fanatics Love List vol. 5.6 dajaki 08-11-04 9
 RE: Fanatics Love List vol. 5.6 mayasmom 08-11-04 11
 RE: Fanatics Love List vol. 5.6 Joools 08-11-04 12
 RE: Fanatics Love List vol. 5.6 Oscirus 08-11-04 14
   RE: Fanatics Love List vol. 5.6 mrbluesky 08-13-04 22
 RE: Fanatics Love List vol. 5.6 MTW1961 08-12-04 16
 First Love List of the Year! Jims02 08-12-04 17
 RE: Fanatics Love List vol. 5.6 fallingtogether 08-13-04 19
 RE: Fanatics Love List vol. 5.6 Mr Canuck 08-13-04 20
 RE: Fanatics Love List vol. 5.6 Estee 08-13-04 21
 RE: Fanatics Love List vol. 5.6 sittem 08-13-04 23
 RE: Fanatics Love List vol. 5.6 VA Slim 08-15-04 24
 RE: Fanatics Love List vol. 5.6 Fishercat 08-16-04 25
   RE: Fanatics Love List vol. 5.6 Boman 08-16-04 26
 RE: Fanatics Love List vol. 5.6 coolflowerpowerman 08-16-04 27
 Weekly Standings sittem 08-17-04 28

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-11-04, 01:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Fanatics Love List vol. 5.6"
1. Chip/Kim
2. Colin/Christie
3. Charla/Mirna (I'm sick of Mirnabird but they are a good team)
4. Linda/Karen
5. Brandon/Nicole
6. Kami/Karli

Big Happy Birthday, BennyBoy!

sittem 4186 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

08-11-04, 07:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sittem Click to send private message to sittem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Fanatics Love List vol. 5.6"
Sometimes I hate the bunching that goes on, but as I've become resigned to it I see the value of it geting the teams back in each other's faces and creating some nice little moments like the confrontation at the cab. The whole thing is as much about the interactions of the teams as it is a race.

1) Chip/Kim (1) – Their awesome attitude is going to keep them here until they are eliminated. It was great to see their appreciation for history and the Nile. And then "Queen Nefrititi" (aka Kim) got to shine with working on the roadblock.

2) Colin/Christie (2) – I’ll leave them here for one more week since they are actually dominating the race. To lose they’ll have to be unlucky and I hope they will be. There as more Colin attitude tonight that I didn’t like much. I can’t believe these two can really make it together in the future.

3) Linda/Karen (5) – Moving them back up for just surviving with a pretty good attitude. They got lucky making the plane and then unlucky with the scareb, but they survived and they enjoy themselves like Chip and Kim. I love the teams that enjoy the participation as much as trying to win.

4) Brandon/Nicole (3) – not a great week for them. They should have been second but Brandon’s insecurity is doing them in – not really sure that he should have kids!

5) Kami/Karli (6) – Sorry to see them survive – they are such airheads. I can’t believe they’ll be around much longer.

6) Charla/Mirna (7) – The quote machines. It was nice to see Charla be able to yell at Mirna for a change during the roadblock. “I’m gonna die, I’m gonna die – this is just too hard” Oh, and Mirna, I’m sure that Colin is very jealous of you, though you may be right about his Napolean complex.

I won't really miss the lame brothers (4 last week) though I give them a bit of respect for noticing what a beautiful day it was while they were limping along.

2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

bpg_wpc 8 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-11-04, 09:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bpg_wpc Click to send private message to bpg_wpc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Fanatics Love List vol. 5.6"
LAST EDITED ON 08-11-04 AT 09:42 AM (EST)

1) Colin/Christie
Still continue to impress me with their committment to the Race.

2)Chip/Kim
Chip is just so happy to be...well, wherever he is at that moment.

3. Linda/Karen
Fargo world tour 2004.

4) Charla/Mirna
Would probably be #2 if Mirna would stop speaking to cab drivers and airline staff in halting, broken English. Although, to her credit and my great amusement, she did take the time to learn "Faster, honey!" in Arabic.

5) Brandon/Nicole
Still continue to annoy me with their "Convenient Christianity" (i.e. when we need help, pray like the dickens! when we don't, screw over others as they would screw over you).

6) Kami/Karli
They are singlehandedly putting the "Amazing" in The Amazing Race this time.

buscemi 414 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

08-11-04, 09:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail buscemi Click to send private message to buscemi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Fanatics Love List vol. 5.6"
I agree iwth this list completely, excepy I think that I might switch #4 and #5.

LeftPinky 4150 desperate attention whore postings

08-11-04, 10:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LeftPinky Click to send private message to LeftPinky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Fanatics Love List vol. 5.6"

1)Chip/Kim - I hope they win! They have such appreciation for all of the cool places they are AND they are playing the game well!

2)Linda/Karen - Great attitude in a tough situation moved them here... They are lots of fun to watch, I just hope they can overtake the clueless twins next week.

3)Brandon/Nicole - I like her, don't like him. We'll put them in the middle...

4)Charla/Mirna - Like Charla's spunk, can't stand Mirna. Enjoyed Charla yelling at Mirna for a change last night!

5)Kami/Karli - Clueless, clueless and more clueless. Time to get lost in the desert.

6)Colin/Christie - The least likeable team is also the team most likely to win. Too bad.

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-11-04, 11:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Fanatics Love List vol. 5.6"
1. Charla/Mirna: Love them! Love shorty and her spunk, love that Mirna doesn't let herself get pushed around. And I think others, esp. Colin, resent C/M being able to compete "on his level."
2. Linda/Karen: Despite their being bowling moms from Palmdale, they did a super job this episode.
3. Kami/Karli: Also did a great job this episode
4. Chip/Kim: They were fine, and Kim finally did something. Made me think, though. No one complained about Kim never doing anything, although she hadn't until last night. Yet everyone always complains that Mirna doesn't do her share.
5. Colin/Christie: They got a lot of air time last night, and yet they were still so boring.
6. Brandon/Nicole: I dread their probable victory. But then, God does want them to win.

ARnutz 13937 desperate attention whore postings

08-11-04, 02:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Fanatics Love List vol. 5.6"
First: ToddE... we complain about Mirna not doing anything b/c she's the first one to Bee-otch about everyone else while standing there doing nothing! We don't complain about Kim b/c she supports whatever Chip does and he is the one who jumps in to volunteer first, he is there for the experience!

Second: my list
1) Chip/Kim - have been one of my favorites since around the second episode (I thought Bob/ Joyce were so cute and did make it farther than I figured, BIG UP to them!) They are so greatful to be there and they live in the moment!

2) Bowling Moms - just b/c of their positive attitude and cheerfulness.

3) Charla/Mirna - only b/c of Charla... she is awesome, completely out balances Mirna's negativity.

4) Brandon/Nicole - but they MUST stop asking "God" to get them through this, otherwise they will slip further down my list.

5) Colin/Christie - after last night, Colin singlehandedly put himself at the bottom of my list.

6) "bimbo" Twins - These two have irritated me from the beginning, here's hoping they get lost next episode and end up last!

buscemi 414 desperate attention whore postings

08-11-04, 03:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail buscemi Click to send private message to buscemi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Fanatics Love List vol. 5.6"
What did Colin do that was so bad last night?

ARnutz 13937 desperate attention whore postings

08-12-04, 12:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Fanatics Love List vol. 5.6"
Hey buscemi,

I'm beginning to think you are Colin, could there be any truth to it? If not, you must be his biggest fan. As I read your posts, you defend every single action that the other posters don't like about this guy. While I do see some of your points, there is not one single thing this guy has done to impress me (not race wise, but attitude wise). Clearly he is a good racer, his team is always on top. But this thread is about likeability of the teams.

I don't judge people quickly, but now I've had weeks to see who I like and who I don't like. Colin has just been the same jerk he has been for the previous 5 weeks. I have given this guy a reasonable chance to show me something new, yet he is abrasive, egotistical and an all around a$$ to EVERYONE. His attitude stinks. Christie is so sweet, she doesn't deserve his crap.

No offense to you personally, but it's my honest opinion and it seems others here agree with me.

fallingtogether 85 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-13-04, 02:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail fallingtogether Click to send private message to fallingtogether Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Fanatics Love List vol. 5.6"
Amen to that ARnutz. I agree 100%. I'v disliked Colin since day one.

PlumBlossom 679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-11-04, 11:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PlumBlossom Click to send private message to PlumBlossom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Fanatics Love List vol. 5.6"
1. Charla/Mirna (1)
2. Chip/Kim (2)
3. Linda/Karen (3)
4. Brandon/Nicole (4)
5. Colin/Christie (5)
6. Kami/Karli (7)

an IceCat original

StarryLuna 4771 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

08-11-04, 11:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail StarryLuna Click to send private message to StarryLuna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Fanatics Love List vol. 5.6"
1. Chip/Kim - So happy to be able to move them to the top of the list this week! I'm glad that Kim finally did a roadblock and was able to help her team move ahead of some of the other teams. They're so much fun to watch - its great to see a team really enjoy themselves.

2. Colin/Christie - They're still playing the game great. They may not be the best of couples and I think he's way too intense for any marriage between them to work, but this list is strictly about how they're racing. It was pretty decent of Colin to show Brandon and Kim what the scareb looked like too, since every other team hid it.

3. Linda/Karen - They did an awesome job last night. Although they got stuck at the roadblock, considering they started this leg with no money and were quite far back, time-wise, they should be very proud of how hard they worked. They should also be thanking everyone and anyone that the flight to Luxor was delayed!

4. Brandon/Nicole - Not a whole lot to say about them this week. Brandon seriously needs to work on his confidence a little bit. It's a good thing he's got Nicole there.

5. Charla/Mirna - Loved watching Charla going down into the pyramid! Their sneakiness will really pay off in the long run, although it's annoying how they always complain when other teams are sneaky. If I hear Mirna say "Run, Charla!" one more time, I'm going to throw something at my tv.

6. Kami/Karli - Incredibly clueless and incredibly lucky to finish as high as they did last night. I pray they're gone soon.

Slice'n'Dice circa 2004
"Men! As boy crazy as I've been my whole life, I sure can't stand 'em." - Vickie Hiller, Down With Love

dajaki 1454 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-11-04, 01:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dajaki Click to send private message to dajaki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Fanatics Love List vol. 5.6"
1. Chip and Kim - Go Kim Go! So glad to see her do a Roadblock. I love this team and previews for next week are making me love them more!
2. Linda and Karen - Way to hit up the European tourists for some bank. So glad they're still in it.
3. Kami and Karli - They are #3 by default. These two are dumb (in the Great Pyramid - Twin 1: What do I do? I don't know what to do! - Twin 2: Descend!)
4. Charla and Mirna - OMH! Their screeching was sending me over the edge! Enough already. Use your indoor voices.
5. Brandon and Nicole - Just too sticky sweet. And get a room already!
6. Colin and Christie - Well, really just Colin. What a total a$$-face. Mirna is partially right about him. He does dominate Christie and he is threatened by women who don't follow him around like a puppy dog. Can't wait for a major set-back to get him out of the race.

mayasmom 1 desperate attention whore postings

08-11-04, 03:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mayasmom Click to send private message to mayasmom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Fanatics Love List vol. 5.6"
I won't list them all I'll just list first and last.

First: Charla and Mirna: they are funny to the bones, for those who says that Charla is a b*&^% I don't think so, she does what she has to do to win without stepping on anyones toes and I hope they win.

Collin and Christie...Driving me nuts, I can't stand him. I'm from Corpus Christi myself and I would love to run into him somewhere...He is a freak and he thinks the whole race belongs to him...I hope they lose soon.

But I love this race...almost as good as #1

Oh and as for Brandon and Nicole, I think Nicole would of been better off doing the race with another woman..or maybe she is..

Joools 225 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-11-04, 03:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Joools Click to send private message to Joools Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Fanatics Love List vol. 5.6"
1. Karen/Linda - They didn't get eliminated despite starting out at such a disadvantage, begged money off of tourists by trying to sell their food, caught up to the others, are having fun, have a great attitude and are not giving up. What's not to like? It was only the luck of the dig that they didn't do better in the last challenge.

2. Chip/Kim - Their attitude couldn't be better and it was nice to see Kim actually contribute for once. But her complaint about the goats being smelly? Give me a break --- they're GOATS, not roses.

3. Brandon/Nicole - They edge out C & C only because I think they truly do care about each other and because they kept their evangelism under control this week.

4. Colin/Christie - They are too focused on winning and not enjoying the ride. I was clapping my hands with glee when their seven hour lead was cut to 40 minutes. Christie is okay, but Colin just gets way too intense sometimes.

5. Kami/Karli - Dumb as posts, what else can I say?

6. Charla/Mirna - As if Mirna wasn't annoying enough, now she breaks out the psychobabble on Colin, obviously gleaned from watching a few too many episodes of Oprah and Dr. Phil. Plus, they tried to steal a cab and barely made it through loading the goats. Might want to make yourselves comfortable in my cellar, ladies, I have a feeling you're going to be there a while.

*Happy belated birthday, Bennyboy. Mine's in two weeks on a Tuesday so maybe I'll be getting a similar present*

Oscirus 1596 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

08-11-04, 06:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Oscirus Click to send private message to Oscirus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Fanatics Love List vol. 5.6"
1.Chip/kim-love the attitude and their ability to go
2.Colin/Christie-They are like the energizer bunnies invincible
3.Brandon/Nicole-like their gusto
4.linda/Karen-they keep chuggin along
5.kami/Karli-clueless
6.Charla/Mirna-annoying

mrbluesky 142 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-13-04, 02:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrbluesky Click to send private message to mrbluesky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Fanatics Love List vol. 5.6"
Oscirus' ratings are identical to how I would have them, and for the exact same reason.

MTW1961 4029 desperate attention whore postings

08-12-04, 02:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MTW1961 Click to send private message to MTW1961 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Fanatics Love List vol. 5.6"
BEST

Chip/Kim - They are becoming better racers, and they are having a fun time and being pleasant while doing it. Not the most exciting team in the world.
Linda/Karen - Overcame adversity at the start of the leg and managed to be a little lucky, too.

TOLERABLE

Colin/Christie - Admire their skills, but don't really care for them as people. They grind on my nerves.
Charla/Mirna - Mirna is a whiner, and they are both beyond rude! They do provide the most overall entertainment.
Kami/Karli - They are moving up in my rankings, as they raced pretty well this week.

HOPE BAD THINGS HAPPEN TO THEM

Brandon/Nicole - I just can't stand them. I want to see them end up stranded in a thirld-world country.

Handcrafted by RollDdice!

Jims02 7407 desperate attention whore postings

08-12-04, 10:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "First Love List of the Year!"
LAST EDITED ON 08-12-04 AT 10:57 PM (EST)

Here goes nothing!
You found it!
1. Chip/Kim
Good for you.
-This time rawks. I love their spirit and determination. They want to win, but they keep it in perspective!

2. Brandon/Nicole
Clue Number 2:
-I just like this team. They seem pretty nice. (Maybe I'm a sucker for the "Christian teams" this year?)

3. Charla/Mirna

-They're slowly getting on my nerves.
Look for it...
4. Kami/Karli

-Who?

5. Linda/Karen

-They're "all right." I don't really have much to say about them though.

999. Colin/Christie

-I hate Colin! He drives me crazy. I can't stand his competitive nature, especially since he makes my Casino Game a lot easier to play.
"No Shirts, No Brains, No Elimination"

New TAR5 Game - Place your bets!

fallingtogether 85 desperate attention whore postings

08-13-04, 02:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail fallingtogether Click to send private message to fallingtogether Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Fanatics Love List vol. 5.6"
1. Charla/Mirna - They are just great to watch. Fun, entertaining and Charla has a lot of spunk. I do admire Mirna for not letting Colin or anybody push her around.
2. Chip/Kim - They are just adorable.
3. Linda/Karen - Exciting and fun-loving.
4. Brandon/Nicole - The cute act is getting a little old but other than that I don't mind them much.
5. Kami/Karli - I love that they are so clueless. At the same time, it really knocks them down on my list.
6. Colin/Christie - Sorry Christie. It's all your teammate. I find it hard to respect that man even if he is a good racer.

Mr Canuck 96 desperate attention whore postings

08-13-04, 10:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Mr%20Canuck Click to send private message to Mr%20Canuck Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Fanatics Love List vol. 5.6"
On with the love fest!

and starting at the top is *drum roll*

1) Brandon & Nicole aka Team Blue Lagoon

Most of you are going WHAT?!? Well they do pretty good on Challenges, they are middle of the pack right now (a good sign... trust me) plus the man upstairs in looking down on them... What's not to like about their chances?

2) Chip & Kim aka Team Token

A Great attitude plus they are genuinely enjoying themselves on the Race.

3) Colin & Christie aka Team Intensity

Although they should mellow a bit (I'm talking to you Colin). They are real smart with their ticket booking but I am also predicting a mighty fall in the following episodes.

4) Linda & Karen aka Team BM

Great Comeback. They still annoy me and I just can't warm up to them.

5) Charla & Mirna aka Team Gidget & Midget

Where to start? Man am I ever pissed off when they are on screen. "Amigo I need to go to the ferrrry" *swimming motion* Truly a joy to watch them struggle with the detour. Too bad there wasn't another electric fence on the boat.

6) Kami & Karli aka Team *Special* K

Well they are very *Special*, meaning they probably rode the short bus to school. I don't see them making it very far in the next episodes. "We're clueless"...couldn't have said it better myself.

One day I'm gonna own a big sports bar!

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

08-13-04, 10:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Fanatics Love List vol. 5.6"
1. Chip/Kim: They're actually Having Fun. This is such a rare thing that it must be appreciated for as long as it lasts. And it's starting to look like that could be all the way to the last leg, because they're starting to catch on to how you actually play this thing -- while still Having Fun. But it's such a fragile state...

2. Charla/Deadweight: I actually thought the cab confusion was understandable -- for the first five seconds. They had no way of knowing Colin's bags were in the back until he told them. The thing to do was quickly verify the bags to make sure it wasn't a cab snatch in progess (one person sits, one person looks) and move on. But the high performance Mirna put on there was canceled out her trauma in carrying the goats -- 'I'm dying!' Let me know when you finish -- making this once again Charla's spot alone. (And how much fun was it watching her yell at Mirna to hurry?)

3. Linda/Karen: What are the chance that they wound up with more than sixty-five dollars? About the same as the chances that their string of horrible cabbie luck will continue into future episodes. Nice recovery from the enforced bankruptcy, although I would have liked to see them sell something other than fruit from the pit stop. (And somewhere in Egypt, Kami muses 'Boy, my backpack feels light today'.) Bonus points for resisting the urge to Osten during the Roadblock.

4. Colin/Christie: 'Yield: Colin must wait on this couch for one hour while a local shrink asks him questions about his mother.'

5. Brandon/Nicole: Brandon, if you absolutely must hide that scarab where no one can see it or will want to try and look at it, I have a suggestion...

6. Kami/Karli: You know, we really have a lot in common. You have trouble understanding the clues. I have trouble understanding how you ever got in this show.

Out: Lance/Marshall. I'm not going to give you the full Osten obituary, because knee injuries are, by definition, not something you can walk off. I think Marshall would have made it to the pit stop sometime around March. But for Lance to just throw down the shovel -- irritating at best, which also happens to be a pretty good way to sum up the Doughboys. You are the most miserable people on the planet -- but only until the residents of Sequesterville have to deal with you.

08-13-04, 07:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sittem Click to send private message to sittem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Fanatics Love List vol. 5.6"
Keep those lvoe lists coming - places 3,4 and 5 are still up for grabs this week.

VA Slim 450 desperate attention whore postings

08-15-04, 08:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VA%20Slim Click to send private message to VA%20Slim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Fanatics Love List vol. 5.6"
LAST EDITED ON 08-15-04 AT 08:42 PM (EST)

1. Chip/Kim - love the way that they continue to have a positive attitude about everything. Glad Kim finally did a task.

2. Colin/Christie - still dominating the race. He had every right to be P.O.'d at Mirna. Did the smart thing by not paying the cabbie and leaving the bags until sure they weren't going to use it again. Otherwise he wouldn't have had a "case."
The "baby" bit is wearing on me though. Haven't heard "baby" utterred that many times since D I C K (edited to put in spaces between the letters since the board would substitute #### everytime I wrote his proper name!) Shawn played LSD in "The Producers!"

3. Kami/Karli - I know they are clueless but I like the fact that they know they are clueless!

4. The Moms - at least they knew the best path to riches was through the tourists! Good job all the way around!

5. Brandon/Nicole - not much to highlight them this week

6. Charla/Mirna - I like the way that Charla is tough and competing. But can't stand the way that Mirna "whines" about every task that she has to do - does she think that Charla will do everything? Also, they were totally in the wrong about the cab - would have been right if C/C had left the cab with their bags in hand but that wasn't the case.

7. Brothers - injuries happen in this race but to come into this race without any physical preparation is stupid!

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-04, 04:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Fanatics Love List vol. 5.6"
1. Chip/Kim: Quite easily at that. By far the most enjoyable team in this race for me. Both are good spirited, only overly-competitive when they have to be, they enjoy the places they go to, and they are both willing to work. Kim did the RB this week IIRC and she wanted to do it, unlike deadweight characters in this show. They just seem like such great people.

2. Linda/Karen: They got a lot of respect points from me this week, if only because they came into this leg with no money and in last place, yet they were able to stay away from getting eliminated (mostly to the knee replacement crew flying off to Italy on a detour to find some new recipes for their cafe, only explanation on why they were so far behind). Not to mention the relentless digging showed a lot of heart

3. Colin/Christie: I don't mind Colin as much as other people (I don't like how he treats Christie, although that personality is ideal for running a successful race, namely being as pushy and rude as possible), he is a top notch competitor without that great of an attitude. I don't see Christie that much anymore in this show, I'm thinking Colin decided to just send her to the pit stop via the local mail service for each leg.

4. Charla: I put Charla here for a reason. Note the lack of Mirna, that will be seen sometime. Charla, although she does grate on my nerves and I think she showed (note the past tense) a minor hypocrisy in proclaiming "little people"'s equality in this race to big people, but using her stature to gain advantages a bigger person may not get, but I digress. She is a gamer and she does everything. She is a bit overbearing, but she is the heart of the group, and the fact she got this far is a testament to her ability. Should be higher.

5. Brandon/Nicole: The chia pet and the other model? Who?

6. Kami/Karli: I believe one of the Wondermint twins said something to the effect of "We're Clueless". My sentiments exactly. They're still in the race, but as a team, they annoy me and they are pretty damn weak for getting this far. Their saving grace is that they never seem to argue about anything, which is an advantage.

7. Mirna: Would be lower if she could be. She is pretty much deadweight to me. The only time she does work is when Charla is unable to do the work effectively, which is a pet peeve. Usually, that happens when there is the typical "male/female" team where the female is usually eye candy (In an extreme situation, Zach and Flo), when it makes sense for the added strength to be in a RB (that is not to say all m/f teams are like that, just some of them). This one is completely unexplainable. However, that isn't what gets her down here, I can't stand her attitude. She is egotistical, rude, disrespectful, and, well, she is just a *****. I apologize for using that word, but it's true. The supposed spitting incident (I never saw it, so it doesn't impact) was horrible if it happened, and her seemingly excessive whining doesn't help. She isn't in Flo territory yet, but give her til the Final 3, and she very well could be.

There we go.
---

A Missionhockey21 creation

Boman 2 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-04, 05:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Boman Click to send private message to Boman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Fanatics Love List vol. 5.6"
I would have to say that for the most part I generally agree about all the teams, but I do have to say that I am really rooting for the twins. I mean, sure they are not the keenest of the group, but you gotta give them some credit for doing as well as they have, plus they aren't really negative or anything, and they never really fight. They just seem like good people. Maybe its just me, cause I do have a thing for blondes ... especially twins.

coolflowerpowerman 456 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-04, 09:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail coolflowerpowerman Click to send private message to coolflowerpowerman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Fanatics Love List vol. 5.6"
1. Kami/Karli
2. Linda/Karen
3. Charla/Mirna
4. Chip/Kim
5. Brandon/Nicole

-60. Colin/Christie

The twins, the bowling moms, and Charla rock! Mirna is down their with Colin/Christie on the list of "worst racers EVER". Chip/Kim are cool. Brandon/Nicole suck. Colin/Christie are even WORSE.

08-17-04, 10:49 AM (EST)
28. "Weekly Standings"
Here are the results of your postings for the week through 23 entries. I'll adjust if any others show up before showtime. This week I'll post the average score and then the number of number 1 rankings and the number of last place rankings. Almost all of them now get rated all the places except Chip/Kim and Linda/Karen.

1) Chip/Kim (1.67) <13> {0}
2) Linda/Karen (2.93) <1> {0}
3) Charla/Mirna (3.72) <5> {5}
4) Colin/Christie (3.83) <2> {6}
5) Branden/Nicole (4.11) <1> {3}
6) Kami/Karli (4.80) <1> {9}

Observations:

Chip/Kim are very firmly planted in first place again - got over 55% of the first place votes though their lead over the BM's did decrease somewhat. Their lowest votes were 2 fourth place votes. Clearly the list favorites.

Linda/Karen - not much passion either way for them - 1 first place and 0 last place votes - though they are certainly respected and are solidly in second place. No one seems to believe they can go on much further.

Charla/Mirna - there's a lot of passion for this couple both ways with 5 first place and 5 last place votes.

Colin/Christie - virtually the same level rating as last week, though that's actually a decrease with fewer places and no 7th place votes this week.

Brandon/Nicole - not much passion for them either way either - most would like to ignore them.

KK - solidly entrenched in last place and doubtful that will change unless they undergo a personality and brain transplant.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •