The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Pressing decisions"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

10-13-04, 02:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Pressing decisions"
Which rug?

My furniture:

The colors (other than the pillow, which looks fairly close to this picture) are all lighter than they appear. The colors are gray, a rosy taupe color, a funky meditterranean looking blue only darker, black (all of the wooden stuff is black), and a light taupe.

We're leaning toward the domino looking one (top) but it's the most expensive with shipping. The middle one is hte cheapest and I think the colors are wrong. The third just looks cool and hte colors are right on.

Dh is no help...they're all "ok". He doesn't realize how expensive rugs are. The most espensive one is only $240 foran 8x11, wich is a steal...he doesn't know that though! Help me choose and tell me how much you love my new furniture!!!!

"Here is my secret. It's quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes."

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Pressing decisions Asrai 10-13-04 1
   RE: Pressing decisions Glow 10-13-04 2
 RE: Pressing decisions qwertypie 10-13-04 3
   RE: Pressing decisions PhoenixMons 10-13-04 5
 RE: Pressing decisions SilverStar 10-13-04 4
 this one moonbaby 10-13-04 6
   RE: this one Asrai 10-13-04 8
 I like 3. Spidey 10-13-04 7
 RE: Pressing decisions Breezy 10-13-04 9
 RE: Pressing decisions Surveysez 10-13-04 10
 RE: Pressing decisions txmomma26 10-13-04 11
 RE: Pressing decisions true 10-13-04 12
   Defending the 3rd carpet Spidey 10-13-04 13
       RE: Defending the 3rd carpet true 10-13-04 18
           RE: Defending the 3rd carpet Spidey 10-13-04 19
               RE: Defending the 3rd carpet Lisapooh 10-13-04 22
                   and finally Lisapooh 10-13-04 23
                       RE: and finally true 10-13-04 26
                           RE: and finally Lisapooh 10-13-04 29
                           RE: and finally diamond 10-13-04 32
 RE: Pressing decisions angelworth29 10-13-04 14
 RE: Pressing decisions frisky 10-13-04 15
 RE: Pressing decisions Lasann 10-13-04 16
 RE: Pressing decisions syren 10-13-04 17
 Cool!! Captain_Savem 10-13-04 20
 ? IceCat 10-13-04 21
   Better hurry with this one... moonbaby 10-13-04 25
 RE: Pressing decisions desert_rhino 10-13-04 24
   RE: Pressing decisions true 10-13-04 27
       RE: Pressing decisions desert_rhino 10-13-04 30
           RE: Pressing decisions PhoenixMons 10-14-04 33
 I also Coconut 10-13-04 28
 RE: Pressing decisions Bucky Katt 10-13-04 31
 RE: Pressing decisions Draco Malfoy 10-14-04 34
   RE: Pressing decisions PhoenixMons 10-14-04 36
 RE: Pressing decisions Drive My Car 10-14-04 35

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Asrai 6083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-13-04, 02:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Asrai Click to send private message to Asrai Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Pressing decisions"
I love the 2nd rug, but I think the first one goes best with your furniture. We need a few rugs with the wood flooring upstairs, but I loathe shopping with hubby. I pick ultra cool ones and he picks ones that look like they belong in his mother's house. So? We have NO rugs. Bleh.

Good luck, Mons. *Smooch*

A GothMog Original

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

10-13-04, 02:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Pressing decisions"
I'm with Asrai. I like the second one a lot but the first one will look best with your furniture. Nice looking room.

Gothmog rocks

qwertypie 9776 desperate attention whore postings

10-13-04, 02:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Pressing decisions"
I like the first one the best, but I have always been partial to black in rugs. Do you want the rug to be a focal point?

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

10-13-04, 02:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Pressing decisions"
I don't care so long as the colors sorta go and it keeps my tootsies form freezing in the winter!

I like more modern stuff (dh and I actually have remarkably similar tastes in house stuff, but he's just not one to get excited about anything). I like black, too. I wouldn't mind the rug being a focal point, but like I said the main purpose is to not stand out for looking like it doesn't belong in the room and to keep my toes from forming icicles.

"Here is my secret. It's quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes."

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

10-13-04, 02:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Pressing decisions"
I love all those rugs (and your new furniture) but I like the top one best. That is such a cool design. Next fav is the bottom one. the one in the middle is ok, but doesn't match colors as well. My vote is for the top one.

Handcrafted by RollDdice
On the scales of desire, your absence weighs more than someone else's presence.

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

10-13-04, 02:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "this one"

Asrai 6083 desperate attention whore postings

10-13-04, 02:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Asrai Click to send private message to Asrai Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: this one"
Oh Moonie.....you sure do know how to make me giggle!

A GothMog Original

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

10-13-04, 02:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "I like 3."
But one is neat too.

Good thing I have no money to spend because I would never be able to make decisions like this.

Love the furniture too.

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

10-13-04, 03:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Pressing decisions"
I like the last one.

Surveysez 2793 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-13-04, 03:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Surveysez Click to send private message to Surveysez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Pressing decisions"
Can you find the colours of the top one with the pattern of the second? That's what I like best of each.

txmomma26 5825 desperate attention whore postings

10-13-04, 03:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail txmomma26 Click to send private message to txmomma26 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Pressing decisions"
To be honest, I don't really like any of them. But, I'd choose a rug that had some of the blue in it too. I guess that's what's missing from the 3 choices.

Now, if I HAD to choose between your 3, I'd go with the top because it incorporates more colors and a nicer design. The 3rd one is not bad, but it looks like a bizarre cobblestone road.

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

10-13-04, 03:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Pressing decisions"
I think the top one is best. It has the right colors, and the circles coordinate nicely with the pillows.

The second one has a nice design, but wrong colors.

The third one doesn't go at all.

Have fun decorating!

10-13-04, 04:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Defending the 3rd carpet"
I feel you derrogatory comments regarding carpet #3 are uncalled-for.

How would you like to be called out for not "belonging!"

Justice for crazy cobblestone carpets!!!

10-13-04, 04:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Defending the 3rd carpet"
You crack me up Spidey. And you're so smart to see my thinly veiled attempt at a personal attack.

Crazy cobblestone is fine, but it clashes with the pillows, and would fit better in a more "country" style decor. But seriously, don't take my word for it, I don't have a very good eye for decorating.

10-13-04, 04:54 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Defending the 3rd carpet"
clashes with the pillows

I agree on that, but I blame the pillows.

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings

10-13-04, 05:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Defending the 3rd carpet"
I like the third one too - dammit Spidey I guess the two of us are gonna have to go move to France with our unAmerican cobblestone rug.

The founding fathers walked on cobblestone roads you know - the road to freedom was paved with effing cobblestones.

10-13-04, 05:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "and finally "
you would have to pry the third rug out of my cold, dead hands.

10-13-04, 07:24 PM (EST)
26. "RE: and finally "
You have GOT to be kidding me? What's next??? Faux tile? How about a nice brick pattern??? Hmmmm. Cobblestones should NOT, I repeat, should NOT be used as carpeting. It's wrong, I say, dead wrong.

I guess that sortof thing would appeal to the cubic zurconia (sp?) crowd. Hey, I know, let's ask Diamond. She has good taste.

10-13-04, 07:49 PM (EST)
29. "RE: and finally "
you don't like it because you don't understand it, you poor simple-minded peasant girl.

diamond 2307 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

10-13-04, 11:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail diamond Click to send private message to diamond Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: and finally "
LAST EDITED ON 10-13-04 AT 11:33 PM (EST)

Hahaha! You flatter me true, but clearly you have never seen my apartment.

Really just a poseur.

angelworth29 532 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-13-04, 04:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail angelworth29 Click to send private message to angelworth29 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Pressing decisions"
I'm gonna have to go against the grain and go with #3. It just jumped out at me. You also say the colors are right on.

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

10-13-04, 04:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Pressing decisions"
I'll take bachelor...I mean carpet number one. The twisty pattern ties all the colours together.

#3 reminds me of the Flintstones.

Alex Trebek: This long-handled garden tool is also a term for an immoral pleasure-seeker.
Ken Jennings: What is a ho?

Lasann 3616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

10-13-04, 04:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lasann Click to send private message to Lasann Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Pressing decisions"
I immediately like the 3rd one. Other posters didn't think the colors in the 3rd matched. I re-read your post and you say the colors in #3 match perfectly, so that does it. I love the 3rd one.

syren 5418 desperate attention whore postings

10-13-04, 04:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail syren Click to send private message to syren Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Pressing decisions"
I like the third one. But I like that crazy cobblestone look. The first one is okay, but not one that I would buy, and I do not like the second at all.

Captain_Savem 3731 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

10-13-04, 05:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Captain_Savem Click to send private message to Captain_Savem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "Cool!!"
I'd take the rug at the top. It's that picasso cubism thing working. I like stuff like that.

The Evolution Continues...

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

10-13-04, 05:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "?"

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

10-13-04, 07:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "Better hurry with this one..."
it's approaching rock stardom and the price will be going through the roof any day now!

desert_rhino 10087 desperate attention whore postings

10-13-04, 07:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail desert_rhino Click to send private message to desert_rhino Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Pressing decisions"
OH no, the 70s are coming back!

10-13-04, 07:27 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Pressing decisions"
Silly JV, the 70's have come back and gone already. We're back to the 80's now. Next...we'll relive last week!

-true
P.A.F.C. People against Faux Cobblestones, Charter member.

desert_rhino 10087 desperate attention whore postings

10-13-04, 07:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail desert_rhino Click to send private message to desert_rhino Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Pressing decisions"
I'm sorry, but those rugs are SOOOOO late-70s.

10-14-04, 00:01 AM (EST)
33. "RE: Pressing decisions"
that's probably why they're so cheap ...I hope they aren't actually from the 70s...ewwww

Seriously, the first one is definitely my favorite and the only one I'd really like to see in my living room, but we just spent a lot of dough on furniture and a kicka$$ mattress, so a difference in $65 is a big difference.

I have expensive taste but rarely (almost never) indulge and splurge. The rugs I really really like are like $900 and up and nope, I ain't spending that much money with a military salary for something I'll be trampling all over. That rug'd better be coated in never-ending chocolate (though I don't think I'd want to eat chocolate that was stepped all over and lying on the floor...lol)!

Coconut 10856 desperate attention whore postings

10-13-04, 07:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Coconut Click to send private message to Coconut Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "I also"
like the cobblestones, like Value Pooh, but it's true that they don't go as well with the pillows.

Phoenix Mons scares me.

Bucky Katt 3146 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-13-04, 08:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bucky%20Katt Click to send private message to Bucky%20Katt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Pressing decisions"
I say go with #1.

I should warn you that taking decorating advice for me is like taking acting lessons from Keanu Reeves.

"I have just discovered that this object I found is capable of scratching my back...I call it BACK SCRATCHER!"

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings

10-14-04, 08:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Pressing decisions"
You need a Flokati rug.

10-14-04, 09:11 AM (EST)
36. "RE: Pressing decisions"
Yep, that would be way cool...I can envision thousands of Kaia's stickers and all sorts of fruit snacks stuck in there

No I really do love those rugs...just the ones I've seen at the size we need are just not in our price range at the moment. At least not in appropriate colors. No thanks on the lime green rug! And though brown is one of my favorite colors, it doesn't really go with the room There's a lime green flokati and a cocoa brown flokati at Target (web) for $200, which is a good price but wrong for my room. If you can find me a gray or black or even blue (though itll be mighty hard to match up those blues) 8x11 one for that price...let me know!

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

10-14-04, 08:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Pressing decisions"
I like the first one!
The room is beautiful PM! I love your furniture.

Happy Housewarming!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •