The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"If you hate George Bush but love great music...."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-13-04, 01:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"If you hate George Bush but love great music...."
LAST EDITED ON 10-13-04 AT 01:22 PM (EST)

...then you must go out TODAY and buy Green Day's new album, American Idiot.

It's actually being called a punk-opera because the whole album tells an interweaving story from one song to the next. Its easily the best story album since Pink Floyd's Dark Side or The Wall or Radiohead's OK Computer.

Each song plays right into the next..and there are a couple of songs that have 5 different sub songs built into them bringing the total length of the song to about 9 minutes.

An absolutely great album, basically about how much Bush and today's version of America svcks.

My rating = 4 stars out of 4

So don't take the simple fact that I think Shakes is godlike to mean that I think he isn't an ass. -Samiam 10/12/04

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: If you hate George Bush but lov... TeamJoisey 10-13-04 1
 But what if mrc 10-13-04 2
   RE: But what if miamicatt 10-13-04 4
   RE: But what if Lasann 10-13-04 9
   RE: But what if desert_rhino 10-13-04 31
 RE: If you hate George Bush but lov... cqvenus 10-13-04 3
   hey Cq shakes the clown 10-13-04 5
       RE: hey Cq cqvenus 10-13-04 6
           you just lost all credibility shakes the clown 10-13-04 8
               RE: you just lost all credibility bondt007 10-13-04 21
               RE: you just lost all credibility cqvenus 10-13-04 32
 RE: If you hate George Bush but lov... bondt007 10-13-04 7
   RE: If you hate George Bush but lov... seahorse 10-13-04 11
 Green Day should- KeithFan 10-13-04 10
   RE: Green Day should- Skiver 10-13-04 12
       RE: Green Day should- J Slice 10-13-04 13
           RE: Green Day should- nailbone 10-13-04 14
           RE: Green Day should- Skiver 10-13-04 26
       RE: Green Day should- KeithFan 10-13-04 16
           RE: Green Day should- J Slice 10-13-04 17
               RE: Green Day should- KeithFan 10-13-04 22
                   RE: Green Day should- J Slice 10-13-04 24
                       RE: Green Day should- KeithFan 10-13-04 30
   RE: Green Day should- FesterFan1 10-13-04 15
       RE: Green Day should- KeithFan 10-13-04 18
           RE: Green Day should- FesterFan1 10-13-04 19
               RE: Green Day should- KeithFan 10-13-04 23
                   RE: Green Day should- FesterFan1 10-13-04 25
                       RE: Green Day should- true 10-13-04 33
                           RE: Green Day should- FesterFan1 10-13-04 34
                               RE: Green Day should- true 10-13-04 35
                                   RE: Green Day should- FesterFan1 10-13-04 36
                                       RE: Green Day should- true 10-13-04 37
                                           RE: Green Day should- FesterFan1 10-13-04 38
                                               RE: Green Day should- true 10-13-04 39
                                                   RE: Green Day should- FesterFan1 10-13-04 40
   RE: Green Day should- PagongRatEater 10-13-04 27
       RE: Green Day should- KeithFan 10-13-04 29
 Word, Shakes geg6 10-13-04 20
 RE: If you hate George Bush but lov... Jims02 10-13-04 28
 RE: If you hate George Bush but lov... Draco Malfoy 10-14-04 41
   RE: If you hate George Bush but lov... Drive My Car 10-14-04 42
       RE: If you hate George Bush but lov... Draco Malfoy 10-14-04 43
           RE: If you hate George Bush but lov... Drive My Car 10-14-04 44
               RE: If you hate George Bush but lov... Draco Malfoy 10-14-04 47
                   RE: If you hate George Bush but lov... Drive My Car 10-14-04 49
                       RE: If you hate George Bush but lov... Draco Malfoy 10-14-04 50
                           RE: If you hate George Bush but lov... Drive My Car 10-14-04 51
                               RE: If you hate George Bush but lov... Draco Malfoy 10-14-04 52
           RE: If you hate George Bush but lov... true 10-14-04 45
               RE: If you hate George Bush but lov... Drive My Car 10-14-04 46
                   RE: If you hate George Bush but lov... Draco Malfoy 10-14-04 48

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

10-13-04, 01:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: If you hate George Bush but love great music...."

I'm agreeing wit da clown. Green Day... American Idiot. Buy it.

mrc 10113 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-13-04, 01:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "But what if"
one loves George W. and hates great music? What is your recommendation?

A PhoenixMons(ter) Siggie

miamicatt 9247 desperate attention whore postings

10-13-04, 01:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail miamicatt Click to send private message to miamicatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: But what if"
Then see Bacon's thread. I think.

Handcrafted at the stroke of midnight by RollDdice

Lasann 3616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

10-13-04, 01:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lasann Click to send private message to Lasann Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: But what if"
Is this Jeb?

desert_rhino 10087 desperate attention whore postings

10-13-04, 03:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail desert_rhino Click to send private message to desert_rhino Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: But what if"
Yellowcard "Ocean Avenue"

cqvenus 9765 desperate attention whore postings

10-13-04, 01:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: If you hate George Bush but love great music...."

i call this a concept album. which, nearly by definition, sucks.

tells a story? the wall tells a story. tommy tells a story. this? does not tell a story. it tells that green day feels they are Too Big now and can do whatever (read: whatever sh!t) they want.

i'm not a bush lover. i'm a bush hater. but? i hate concept albums.

~ cq

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

10-13-04, 01:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "hey Cq"
...have you even heard the album?

I'm not alone in my praise, Rolling Stone called it the best political album of the year.

And yes, it clearly does tell a story.

So don't take the simple fact that I think Shakes is godlike to mean that I think he isn't an ass. -Samiam 10/12/04

10-13-04, 01:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: hey Cq"

not in its entirety, to be completely honest. i have read the lyrics in their entirety. and i've heard snippets of music samples. and i think it's dookie.

and? wtf does that mean, best political album of the year? how many were in the running, exactly?

sorry i just hate when big name bands try to use their big name to make a stupid political statement. and that they expect me to pay $20 to listen to it.

~ cq

10-13-04, 01:40 PM (EST)
8. "you just lost all credibility"
and
>that they expect me to
>pay $20 to listen to
>it.
>

....anyone who would still pay $20 for an album since the invention of Best Buy clearly has lost touch with reality and should therefore not be counted on to render a useful opinion on such a topic.

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/User_files/3acd3a4009f
1c6cc.gif

bondt007 3413 desperate attention whore postings

10-13-04, 02:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bondt007 Click to send private message to bondt007 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: you just lost all credibility"

And this album has what to do with reality?

posting forever despite my DAWness

10-13-04, 03:22 PM (EST)
32. "RE: you just lost all credibility"

sorry. best buy. $13.99. plus tax. that's over $15. not quite $20, but still a lot, if you ask me. and not worth it. not that NO CD is worth $15. but that it is never worth $15 to listen to some washed-up schmucks who can't think of new material "make a statement."

~ cq

bondt007 3413 desperate attention whore postings

10-13-04, 01:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bondt007 Click to send private message to bondt007 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: If you hate George Bush but love great music...."

Oops... thought is was about Michael Moore...

posting forever despite my DAWness

...my bad...

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

10-13-04, 01:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: If you hate George Bush but love great music...."
I thought the same thing.

KeithFan 7422 desperate attention whore postings

10-13-04, 01:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Green Day should-"

I loved their first CD- downhill since.

How's that for cross-threading?

Skiver 1118 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-13-04, 02:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Skiver Click to send private message to Skiver Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Green Day should-"
Their first CD was a limited-release on an independant label. Did you like "39/Smooth"? Or are you talking about their first big-label release, "Dookie"?

Handcrafted by RollDdice

I was actually listening to 'American Idiot' on Real Rhapsody when I saw this thread. So far, I prefer 'Warning', but the new one is very good.

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings

10-13-04, 02:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Green Day should-"
It's been pure downhill since after Insomniac. They lost any punk credibility they might've had.

Eff Green Day- they're another reason we have so many kids who look like they were vomited out of a Hot Topic.

The Loaf is in the hizzy

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

10-13-04, 02:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Green Day should-"
Our "Hot Topic" kids all either look really metal/Goth or like they stepped out of the 70's.

Handcrafted by GothMog - ain't it cool!!

Omnia in bonum o-

Skiver 1118 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-13-04, 02:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Skiver Click to send private message to Skiver Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Green Day should-"
Why do you reckon they lost all their credibility after 'Insomniac'? What did they do?

Handcrafted by RollDdice

"Fool me once, shame on... Shame on you. Fool me twice... Can't get fooled again." - GW Bush

10-13-04, 02:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Green Day should-"

Thanks for the info. I was actually referring to their first big one, Dookie. My tastes actually are more towards classic rock, but I did buy Dookie, Insomniac, and Nimrod.

Still looking for a punk rock band that lives up to the Ramones

10-13-04, 02:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Green Day should-"
Dead Kennedys were incredible, but you'd hate 99% of what they had to say.

Hm... NOFX?

The Loaf is in the hizzy

10-13-04, 02:39 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Green Day should-"

I liked the DK in the early 80's (remember I used to be pretty left of center) but their music hasn't had the staying power, if you will, of the Ramones.

NOFX, Blink 182, et al- what can I say, I'm a couple days shy of 40 and the hip music scene has mostly passed me by. It takes something pretty special for me to listen to newer stuff, but that doesn't mean the music is bad, just that I don't have the time or enthusiasm to search them out.

Pass the Zeppelin please!

10-13-04, 02:49 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Green Day should-"
I actually think you might be able to appreciate the Queers and Screeching Weasel. They're much more just plain raw rock than punk, and I love them both for that.

The Loaf is in the hizzy

10-13-04, 03:10 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Green Day should-"

Thanks for the recommendations Slice! I'll definately check them out!

FesterFan1 5947 desperate attention whore postings

10-13-04, 02:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FesterFan1 Click to send private message to FesterFan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Green Day should-"
And the difference between Green Day and Laura Ingraham would be...?

Glass houses and stones. Just sayin'.

Fester
If musicians should "shut up", then she needs to quit pimpin' music on her website. Fair deal?

10-13-04, 02:24 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Green Day should-"

And the difference between Green Day and Laura Ingraham would be...?

One is a reaction to the other. I'm sure if one would stop so would the other, but the opposite would not necessarily be true. Just my opinion, FWIW.

10-13-04, 02:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FesterFan1 Click to send private message to FesterFan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Green Day should-"
One is a reaction to the other.

OK, and my reaction to her is that she's a big fat hypocrite. It's one thing for someone who doesn't get paid to spew rhetoric to tell musicians to "shut up and play music", but it's her friggin' job to clog the airwaves with opinion.

Now a book titled "You Call That an Opinion, You Dope Smoking Garage Band Full of High School Dropouts?" filled with how stupid their arguments are I wouldn't have a problem with.

Fester

10-13-04, 02:44 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Green Day should-"

OK. I put that pic in there as more of a needling joke, you seem to feel more strongly than I do about it. Sorry if it really lit your fire.

10-13-04, 02:51 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Green Day should-"
You don't have to apologize. You didn't write the book. It didn't "light my fire" because I have anything invested in Green Day. I could give a rat's ass about Green Day. I'm just calling a spade a spade is all.

Fester

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

10-13-04, 03:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Green Day should-"
Come on baby, light my fire.

Now THAT was music.

Hiya Fester.

10-13-04, 03:35 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Green Day should-"
Hey babe. Game 1 party at Chez True tonight?

Fester
True can light my fire any time.

10-13-04, 03:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Green Day should-"
Yes it is! And, it's a good reason not to watch the debate!

I'm off to the store for snacks!

10-13-04, 03:43 PM (EST)
36. "RE: Green Day should-"
My stoopid Fux affiliate is airing the Yankees-Sox game, of course. I have to find out where the real game is going to be on my dial.

Fester
Go Cards!

10-13-04, 03:48 PM (EST)
37. "RE: Green Day should-"
You and 70% of the country. It has something to do with size, media markets and moolah. Try Fox Sports, that's where the AL game is being shown here.

10-13-04, 03:51 PM (EST)
38. "RE: Green Day should-"
I don't get FSN on my DirecTV. I get Comcast Sports Net as my "local cable sports provider". I think they got the rights from Fox, though. I'll have to check.

They couldn't put it on F/X like they did over the weekend?

Fester

10-13-04, 03:55 PM (EST)
39. "RE: Green Day should-"
I can't speak for your media market Fester, only my itty bitty insignicicant media market. I hope you get to watch it!

10-13-04, 04:15 PM (EST)
40. "RE: Green Day should-"
Actually, your media market and my media market are comparable. For TV, St. Louis is ranked 21 and Baltimore 23. It's Landru's MARKET that's the big one. I live right on the border between the two, though technically still in the Baltimore market. </useless Fester demographic information>

I checked it out, and it will be on Comcast Sports Net.

Fester

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings

10-13-04, 02:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Green Day should-"
Nice job on the cross-thresd KF!

Is Thune a Packer's fan?

10-13-04, 03:09 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Green Day should-"

Is Thune a Packer's fan?

He may be, but around here that's political suicide This is Vikings country (always the thorn- I support the Bears)

Bows to a masterful cross thread by PRE.

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

10-13-04, 02:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "Word, Shakes"
I'm down with the clown.

Terrific album.

Jims02 7407 desperate attention whore postings

10-13-04, 03:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: If you hate George Bush but love great music...."
Green Day? They're *so* 20th century...

But I'll still probably give it a listen.

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings

10-14-04, 08:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: If you hate George Bush but love great music...."
Wow. I'm actually lvoeing Shakes. Damn serial killer bond...

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

10-14-04, 08:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: If you hate George Bush but love great music...."
Would I like it?
Help me out here, Draco, you know Im old and not hip to the kids music.

( thinking about checking it out for the old man)

10-14-04, 08:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: If you hate George Bush but love great music...."
Maybe. You're old so it might be too loud for you tho.

My advice to you is to give the single a listen first.

10-14-04, 08:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: If you hate George Bush but love great music...."
Is there anywhere I can listen online that isnt stealing?

10-14-04, 09:02 AM (EST)
47. "RE: If you hate George Bush but love great music...."
You can see the videos on launch.yahoo.com or mtv.com. mtv's is the "radio edit" version, if your sensitive buggy ears can't handle profanity.

Or turn your radio to the Edge. They play it about 10 times a day right now. Just make sure you come back to us when you're done.

10-14-04, 09:24 AM (EST)
49. "RE: If you hate George Bush but love great music...."
But Ill miss the Rush rants!

Where is this Edge?

I hate being old! Help me be cool, Draco.

10-14-04, 09:29 AM (EST)
50. "RE: If you hate George Bush but love great music...."
Rush? Oh, Buggy... I worry about you so hard now. If you're gonna listen to someone who leans conservative, at least Bill O'Reilly tries to keep it fair and balanced. Unless he's asking you to use a vibrator.

102.1 fm. Don't tell anyone I told you where it is.

10-14-04, 09:36 AM (EST)
51. "RE: If you hate George Bush but love great music...."

Im really sort of a 105.3 girl.

( so who is gonna start the O Reilly thread?)

Cool, now if I can just figure out how to program my crappy car stereo Ill be on my way to coolness

10-14-04, 09:43 AM (EST)
52. "RE: If you hate George Bush but love great music...."
105.3? This explains so much.

I'll light a candle for you.

10-14-04, 08:55 AM (EST)
45. "RE: If you hate George Bush but love great music...."
You're old so it might be too loud for you tho.

Too loud? You've never met Mr. Buggy. Nothing, I repeat, nothing is too loud for that man. Right Buggy?

LOL!

10-14-04, 08:58 AM (EST)
46. "RE: If you hate George Bush but love great music...."
True that, True!

I think there may be a tooloud setting, but that would mean the windows broke instead of just shaking.

I wonder why all the houses on my street are up for sale?

10-14-04, 09:04 AM (EST)
48. "RE: If you hate George Bush but love great music...."
Dammit... I'm gonna have to make plans to stay longer when I head to Granbury.

I'll just follow the sounds of booming bass then?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •