The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Text Message Votes"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

TourGirl 98 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-01-03, 03:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TourGirl Click to send private message to TourGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Text Message Votes"
Something just occurred to me today that I figured I'd ask about on the board. I was just thinking about the whole text message voting thing for AI. I haven't heard many people talk about it, but wouldn't it stand to reason that EVERY text message vote would count? Since you're not really dialing a phone number, I don't think you could get a busy signal. And if that's true, think of how many text message votes you could send in 2 hours (if you were really trying). What do you guys think? I think throwing in the text message voting could've possibly changed the dynamics of the results, because the demographics of the average AT&T Wireless customer is really specialized. Judging by the types of commercials they're using, that demographic is pre-teen and teen girls. Obviously, a lot of the AI demographic in general is pre-teen and teen girls, but the text message voting audience seems to be more specialized. Maybe they're the ones ruining the voting!!! Evil teenie-boppers!

Sara

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Not all get through Bebo 05-01-03 1
   RE: Not all get through blondejuligirl 05-01-03 2
       RE: Not all get through carencey 05-01-03 3
           RE: Not all get through blondejuligirl 05-01-03 4
   RE: Not all get through TourGirl 05-01-03 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-01-03, 08:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Not all get through"
It is possible to get a Message Not Sent error when trying to text message, due to excessive volume on the system.

And as an AT&T wireless subscriber, I can tell you that the system gets jammed up during voting. I don't text message, but I lost signal quite a few times the last time I tried to vote, because the system got overloaded.

Bebo says...919 beats 205 - I am your American Idol and the Baroness of Babedom.

blondejuligirl 40 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-01-03, 02:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail blondejuligirl Click to send private message to blondejuligirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Not all get through"
Not to mention, text messages arent typically free. You can get packages for a price each month, but they dont include that many messages. I dont have a package, so I have to pay $.10 each message I send. Yes, it's an easy way to vote, but that'd get expensive!!

carencey 263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-01-03, 02:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail carencey Click to send private message to carencey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Not all get through"
Not for the 'Mommy and Daddy will pay for it' crowd. Believe me, they're out there. And they probably have a lot of time on their hands.

blondejuligirl 40 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-01-03, 02:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail blondejuligirl Click to send private message to blondejuligirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Not all get through"
Good point. I forget those people exist, being poor like I am. Ha

TourGirl 98 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-01-03, 05:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TourGirl Click to send private message to TourGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Not all get through"
WHEW! That's a big relief for me!! I'm glad to hear it! I guess maybe I can drop the "text message conspiracy theory" now. Oh, and BTW, AT&T does offer unlimited text messaging packages with their cell phones. Not sure how much they cost, though, as I'm in the $.10 per message crowd as well.

Sara

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •