The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"RC2 Reward is Water?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-16-01, 02:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"RC2 Reward is Water?"
Water has been a dominant theme in the show so far...Boran dumping their clean water,the tribes searching for their water source, Samburu boiling water, Boran dehydrated and longing for water. The tribes still have food, so it only makes sense that the first reward is clean fresh water...

Here are some vidcaps from this week that focus on the Boran tribe and water, foreshadowing the outcome of the RC...

Tom at the water hole, in the polluted water, longing for clean water.

Clarence talking about the importance of water. After the reward challenge or foreshadowing a victory?

Water gourds on a pole being carried by two people from the reward challenge? Clarence and Tom?

Clarence drinking reward water?

The Boran may sweep this week...

Krautboy

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: RC2 Reward is Water? bondt007 10-16-01 1
 RE: RC2 Reward is Water? weltek 10-16-01 2
 RE: RC2 Reward is Water? Bungler 10-16-01 3
   ...thing in the middle... Krautboy 10-16-01 4
       RE: ...thing in the middle... 40thandUp 10-16-01 5
           RE: ...thing in the middle... Bungler 10-16-01 9
               RE: ...thing in the middle... Krautboy 10-17-01 10
   Jumping to conclusions? Krautboy 10-16-01 8
 RE: RC2 Reward is Water? allaboutme 10-16-01 6
   Part of Challenge or Unloading the ... Krautboy 10-16-01 7
   RE: RC2 Reward is Water? Frau Hexe 10-17-01 11
       RE: RC2 Reward is Water? Frau Hexe 10-17-01 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

bondt007 3413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-16-01, 10:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bondt007 Click to send private message to bondt007 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: RC2 Reward is Water?"
Good thoughts...KB. Add: The (IC or RC?) revolves around a "bar" and "drinking" (blood/milk). Water (God help us if it's Mountain Dew) seems to be logical...

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-16-01, 11:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: RC2 Reward is Water?"
I recall reading somewhere, while S3 taping was going on, that the tribes were given bottled water. I assumed they had this from day 1. Maybe that isn't true and bottled water is the reward. I'd buy that for a buck. And the Boran emphasis could lead us to believe they win.

I'm still very skeptical about our conclusions on who wins the IC & RC. We have no concrete evidence that leads us to believe either. It's all really based on high speculation. Something just doesn't seem right.

Bungler 497 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-16-01, 12:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bungler Click to send private message to Bungler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: RC2 Reward is Water?"
Krautboy,

Here's a series of caps from the gourd-carrying portion. Wonder if we can identify what the thing in the middle is (the big thing in between the gourds).

My only reservation with the RC reward being water, and especially with Boran winning it, is that these are the same idiots who dumped their water because it was too heavy. They were told right off the bat how valuable water was and they still dumped it. Assuming they win RC, would they have to carry water back to their camp? Then again, we have Clarence in the preview talking about the value of water. Maybe they finally figured out how important it is to their survival.

Bungler

10-16-01, 12:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "...thing in the middle..."
Bungler, Thanks for the great vidcaps as always.

From your vidcaps it looks like the "thing in the middle" may just be the silouette of someone walking next to the two people carrying the gourds. In the last pic the silouette is off to the right and no longer in the middle.

The person at the back of the pole is wearing a hat and is probably a male. This is not of much value because Tom, Clarence, Lex, Silas, and Frank all have wide brimmed hats.

The reward could also be a combination of water and food which must be carried back to camp. I think it's safe to say the Boron will not be dumping the water this time...

Krautboy

40thandUp 43 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-16-01, 01:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 40thandUp Click to send private message to 40thandUp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: ...thing in the middle..."
If you look closely it appears that the thing in the middle is attached by ropes/strings to the bar as well. I would guess that it may just be a larger ceramic container like they had when they first set out to their camps.

On another note. Last year it was debated whether we (up in Canada) watching Global wound up seeing slightly different previews for each week. Has anyone noticed anything along the same lines this year?

Bungler 497 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-16-01, 10:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bungler Click to send private message to Bungler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: ...thing in the middle..."
LAST EDITED ON 10-16-01 AT 10:32 PM (EST)

Good catch, 40th...

Here's a capture of Boran pouring out their water from Ep 1. Looks to be the same container that's in the middle. So this is very likely Boran. This makes me think that this is not RC-related, no matter if water is a reward or not. If it were, Boran & Samburu would have had to transport their gourds/containers to the challenge site in order to take their haul home.

10-17-01, 01:12 AM (EST)
10. "RE: ...thing in the middle..."
Nice work Bungler, you nailed it! Now what does it all mean?

Krautboy

10-16-01, 03:34 PM (EST)
8. "Jumping to conclusions?"
Maybe we are jumping to conclusions...

This series shows two tribe members wearing hats carrying something that looks like gourds tied to a pole.

Men who have hats could be Silas and Frank if it's a picture of Samburu or Clarence,Tom or Lex if it's Boran.

They may be coming back from a Challenge, they may be competeing in a challenge or they may be on a "water fetch".

Questions:

Do we have any pictures of the male tribe members arriving at or competeing in the RC wearing wide brimmed hats or do they remove them for the challenges?

Have we seen any vidcaps that show these shapes of gourds belonging to one tribe or another?

Guess it's apparent that we have much more speculation that facts...but looking at these pictures in the context of the storyline and other vidcaps, I am still leaning twords a Boran victory in the RC with a reward of food and water.

Krautboy

allaboutme 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-16-01, 01:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail allaboutme Click to send private message to allaboutme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: RC2 Reward is Water?"
It seems odd that only two people would be carrying all of the water back to camp. Why wouldn't they divide it up? I think that more likely this is part of the challenge itself. Remember the one in S2 where Mike and Colby had to hold the weighted poles? Maybe the team that lasts the longest gets to take back all of the water they had on their pole.

10-16-01, 03:15 PM (EST)
7. "Part of Challenge or Unloading the reward?"
LAST EDITED ON 10-16-01 AT 03:18 PM (EST)

Allaboutme, good observation. Yes it does look like the silouette in the middle is coming up to the two members holding the water and removing one of the gourds. In the last pic in the series it does appear that one of the gourds that was hanging on the pole has been removed.

I am still speculating that this is a pic of the water gourds being unloaded after the return to camp. We will keep looking for challenge pics that might place this as part of the RC itself.

Krautboy

Frau Hexe 716 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-17-01, 07:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Frau%20Hexe Click to send private message to Frau%20Hexe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: RC2 Reward is Water?"
I'm just not getting RC from these caps. I especially don't think this is the weighted pole bit because these appear to be the same water recepticals they've had since the beginning, AND there are only these three recepticals on the pole--not much weight to that. Not to mention that this wouldn't make much sense as a weighted pole challenge. One or both team members would have to let go of the pole in order for another receptical to be loaded on, then they'd have to pick it back up--it just doesn't seem like MB's style--not very practical, and in fact, a little clumsy, in terms of a challenge.

Doesn't it seem logical that the tribes, for their own benefit, would figure out techniques to easily carry as much water as possible with only two people (as shown above with poles) so that the whole tribe needn't go gather water? In this case, doesn't this simply look like two of the men (from either tribe) are on a run-of-the-mill water run? This seems far more likely to me.

Frau Hexe

Frau Hexe 716 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-17-01, 08:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Frau%20Hexe Click to send private message to Frau%20Hexe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: RC2 Reward is Water?"
All right, I just looked at the Ep2 RC vid caps, and I definitely don't think this is RC material. Look at the size of the poles they're using in the RC:

As opposed to the size of this pole:

Although they still *could* be carrying water back from the RC, I highly doubt it now. It really looks like they're transporting water from the water hole.

Frau Hexe

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •