The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"New Non-Elimination Rules"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

Urban_Kitten 170 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-04-04, 10:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Urban_Kitten Click to send private message to Urban_Kitten Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"New Non-Elimination Rules"
I thought there was a long-standing rule that if teams ran out of cash, they could hit their crew up for a one-time loan. Has this rule been discarded with the change in the non-elimination rule? With the Moms now stripped of their funds, I'd be hitting up Colin & Christie up for dough (they must have a 24 hour advantage so they can afford to be generous) - or better yet, I'd ask Chip. If he could sacrifice his final placing last night to haul the twins' useless asses out of the desert, he'd probably cough up 50 bucks.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: New Non-Elimination Rules KMan 08-04-04 1
   Mr. Nice Guy arturbars 08-04-04 2
   RE: New Non-Elimination Rules Cleveland Guy 08-04-04 3
       RE: New Non-Elimination Rules seahorse 08-04-04 4
   RE: New Non-Elimination Rules justranger 08-06-04 17
 RE: New Non-Elimination Rules seahorse 08-04-04 5
   A nod of the head realitybites 08-04-04 9
       RE: A nod of the head LeftPinky 08-04-04 11
 RE: New Non-Elimination Rules VA Slim 08-04-04 6
   RE: New Non-Elimination Rules FlamingCactusIT 08-04-04 7
 No charity for losers realitybites 08-04-04 8
   RE: No charity for losers Urban_Kitten 08-04-04 10
       RE: No charity for losers Megacanuck 08-04-04 12
           RE: No charity for losers seahorse 08-04-04 13
       What about... IceCat 08-04-04 15
           RE: What about... justranger 08-06-04 16
 RE: New Non-Elimination Rules mikey 08-04-04 14
 RE: New Non-Elimination Rules Edgeless Grass 08-07-04 18
 RE: New Non-Elimination Rules Molaholic 08-07-04 19
   RE: New Non-Elimination Rules toad8098 08-09-04 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

KMan 141 desperate attention whore postings

08-04-04, 10:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KMan Click to send private message to KMan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: New Non-Elimination Rules"
That was my first thought as well - hit up one of the other teams for some cash.
What was Chip thinking? Both for stopping to help Brandon and also for helping out the twins. I understand that he's a nice guy, but dude, you're in a race for $1 million. There's no obligation or moral responsibility to help out the other teams. There's no chance in hell that the twins will ever reciprocate.

arturbars 605 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-04-04, 10:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail arturbars Click to send private message to arturbars Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Mr. Nice Guy"
Chip is a nice guy - and i do agree that might come to hurt him in the end when there are less teams. But I don't see any problem with it in the last episode - who cares that they came 4th and not 3rd - if the difference in time was only a couple minutes.

Cleveland Guy 153 desperate attention whore postings

08-04-04, 10:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cleveland%20Guy Click to send private message to Cleveland%20Guy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: New Non-Elimination Rules"
Helping other teams can pay out - look at what it did for C&C. They helped others - and got on a great flight 2 legs ago.

What's to lose by not helping both these teams here. Chip knew in both situations that he wasn't at risk of being eliminated, and each time of helping only took 2 minutes.

What's to say that when Brandon/ Nikki and the Twins have a decision to make - split a cab with someone - they will both likely pick Chip and Kim. So it's a good move.

Yes I know the twins and chip and Kim fought over a cab before- but it's when they thought their races were on the line. With no threat to yourself, I think it builds good will to help other teams.

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-04-04, 11:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: New Non-Elimination Rules"
I agree, there are still three teams behind them and a minute or two will probably make no difference in the long run with all the bunching that takes place waiting for places to open or flights to leave. It can give them an edge if they need help in the future.

Also, it will make tams less likely to use a yield against them in the future.

ŠSlice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

justranger 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-06-04, 10:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail justranger Click to send private message to justranger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: New Non-Elimination Rules"
strange how Chip was worn out after moving the stones. Then came the pizza boys & the bad knees (lol) but then the camera didn't show the twins & the bowling moms efforts...just the end & wasn't it strange they weren't huffing & puffing ? Sorta like all the air time given to the "cousins" when they went had to retreive the satchel.....and barely any time for the last place teams as they received it. Editing I suppose....& suppose it wouldn't be a problem if I liked the team.

08-04-04, 11:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: New Non-Elimination Rules"
I think it is going to be very difficult for a team to not only overcome being in last place but also, have to make do with no money for taxis, buses etc.

They might as well eliminate the team. Other teams will have to really screw up to be beaten by a team behind them with no money.

I think a fairer thing would be to not give them any new money for the leg but not take away the money they have left from the previous legs.

realitybites 1174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-04-04, 01:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail realitybites Click to send private message to realitybites Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "A nod of the head"
>I think a fairer thing would be to not give them
>any new money for the leg but not take away
>the money they have left from the previous legs.

I agree. Either take their accumulated money away or not give them any on the next leg. Doing both seems like overkill to me.

"This is realitybites and I approved this post."

LeftPinky 4150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

08-04-04, 02:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LeftPinky Click to send private message to LeftPinky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: A nod of the head"
That was my first thought as well, why penalize them for good use of money during earlier legs of the race. Just don't give them any additional money - that could also really come in to play later in the game.

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

VA Slim 450 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

08-04-04, 11:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VA%20Slim Click to send private message to VA%20Slim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: New Non-Elimination Rules"
There has never been "official" acknowledgement of the Emergency money. It may be that the Emergency funds have some stipulations to their use, especially now that part of the game is to take away funds for coming in last in a non-elimination leg. It could also be up to the production team to decide when to give out the funds. If you remember back to TAR2, the first team to use the "begging" ploy only did so when a pickpocket took their wallet. If it had been as simple as asking thier camera crew for their emergency cash, we would have never seen the begging in the airport as it wouldn't have occurred.

FlamingCactusIT 452 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

08-04-04, 12:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FlamingCactusIT Click to send private message to FlamingCactusIT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: New Non-Elimination Rules"
I think I know VA Slim is talking about. Does anybody remember the show BEG,BORROW,and DEAL. I remember that on that show there was a rule for emergency money. The team had to give up one point from a task they've already completed, and they would recieve $200. Each team could only opt for the emergency cash once in the duration of the competition.
FlamingCactusIT

realitybites 1174 desperate attention whore postings

08-04-04, 01:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail realitybites Click to send private message to realitybites Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "No charity for losers"
Of all the help that teams could possibly give each other, lending or giving money should be the last things on their mind. Why? Because Linda & Karen are on the ropes, and giving them $$$ would only help them with a limited chance for payback. Begging, or whatever they would do for money, takes time, and time is everything in this race.

I would, however, be kind enough to give them any Argentine and Russian coins that I had. A lot of good those will do them in Egypt, or wherever they go next.

"This is realitybites and I approved this post."

Urban_Kitten 170 desperate attention whore postings

08-04-04, 02:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Urban_Kitten Click to send private message to Urban_Kitten Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: No charity for losers"
I agree with Seahorse et al. - it seems excessive to take away everything they may have accumulated from previous legs. I'd be spending my mandatory restover panhandling. Transportation is dirt cheap in Egypt but you need something.

Megacanuck 120 desperate attention whore postings

08-04-04, 03:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Megacanuck Click to send private message to Megacanuck Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: No charity for losers"
This brings up something I've always wondered about - eating. You never see them grabbing a quick bite to eat somewhere, but obviously they must do. I'm assuming the money they get for each leg is partly to be used for food (I could be wrong). What will the moms do for food if they don't have any cash?

08-04-04, 05:09 PM (EST)
13. "RE: No charity for losers"
They better eat well at the pitstop. I assume they will get food and a place to takea nap

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

08-04-04, 05:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "What about..."
... the team that finished last on the episode before or, for that matter, next episode? Those teams get eliminated. The moms performed just as poorly for this episode and don't get eliminated.

They got off easy by being allowed to stick around. It is ludicrous to suggest that taking their money is unfair compared to the idea that they are allowed to stay despite a last place finish.

Damned lucky to still be in the race, I say.

justranger 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-06-04, 10:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail justranger Click to send private message to justranger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: What about..."
agree with you IceCat.....they are lucky. First I think I have figured something out....(everyone else probably already has months ago)....but it seems everytime there is a fast foward introduced.....then that leg is a non-elimation leg. Anybody else see that ? In closing, is there a bowling alley in Cairo ?

mikey 1150 desperate attention whore postings

08-04-04, 05:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mikey Click to send private message to mikey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: New Non-Elimination Rules"
The official answer from the TAR website frequently asked questions:

"What happens if a Team runs out of money?
In order to do well on THE AMAZING RACE, a Team has to be clever about many things, and one of the most important is money management. Figuring out how and when to spend their limited cash reserves is a key element of the game, and Teams receive no help from the producers when they mess up. If they find themselves broke, Teams may beg, borrow or earn money, but it is up to the Teams to make sure they do not break any local laws in the process."

Edgeless Grass 93 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-07-04, 00:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Edgeless%20Grass Click to send private message to Edgeless%20Grass Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: New Non-Elimination Rules"
I guess maybe the producer is trying to inject in some kind of 'educational factor' into TAR?
While traveling around the world, other than you need to know how to communicate with the local, understand their culture, you also need to know how to survive should you lost your money.

Maybe that's why Kim brought her hair curler, to sell them when in need of money? =^_^=

Hmmm, now we not only have 'fear factor', but also 'survivor' in 1 TAR???

=^_^=

Molaholic 9015 desperate attention whore postings

08-07-04, 06:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: New Non-Elimination Rules"
Seems to me that the BMs aren't quite dead yet. Looking closely at the previews, it appears that most of the next leg is still in Egypt, probably close to the Pit Stop. That means only needing a limited amount of money for taxi/bus (which they can barter for, maybe). I'm willing to bet that the Producers planned the non-elimination/money surrender legs so teams still have a chance for survival.

We also see significant bunching with Colin/Christie and Charla/Mirna's taxi fight.

Maybe we'll finally get lucky and see someone use the Yield this episode...Twins use it against Team D'ough (or vice-versa) perhaps.

Must make this comment -- I've read many a post complaining (whining) that "it's not fair" that the moms had to surrender all of their money ... but that's what the rules of the game say! How is following the rules unfair?

A.S.S. PTB Red Points CONSOLATION winner
sigpic a GeorgiaBelle creation MMIV

toad8098 199 desperate attention whore postings

08-09-04, 04:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toad8098 Click to send private message to toad8098 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: New Non-Elimination Rules"
I have a feeling the Bowling Moms making through and don't get eliminated tommorrow. I think they're smart enough to get through and possibly the twins or Marshall & Lance will be gone.

I can't wait for the Yield to come into play. Unless Charla & Mirna get it, more then likely they'll be the ones getting yielded.

A very exciting Amazing Race!!!!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •