The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Canadian Idol Top 8 East Coast Update Thread"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

08-02-05, 09:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
"Canadian Idol Top 8 East Coast Update Thread"
Let's keep the comments here until everybody has had a chance to watch the show.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Amber strid333 08-02-05 1
   RE: Amber Loree 08-03-05 10
 Rex strid333 08-02-05 2
   RE: Rex Loree 08-03-05 11
 Casey strid333 08-02-05 3
   RE: Casey Loree 08-03-05 12
 Daryl strid333 08-02-05 4
   RE: Daryl Loree 08-03-05 13
 Suzi strid333 08-02-05 5
   RE: Suzi Loree 08-03-05 14
 Aaron strid333 08-02-05 6
   RE: Aaron Loree 08-03-05 15
 Josh strid333 08-02-05 7
   RE: Josh Loree 08-03-05 16
 Melissa strid333 08-02-05 8
   RE: Melissa Loree 08-03-05 17
 Not bothering this week strid333 08-02-05 9
 Results strid333 08-03-05 18
   RE: Results Loree 08-04-05 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

08-02-05, 11:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Amber"
80s week. Wow, Zach had lots of hair back then.

"Just like Jesse James"

Jake said she still needs to get out of ballad mode. Farley agrees and wanted to see animation. Sass said it was like the radio and nice. Zach felt the song had too many words for it.

Three is the perfect number.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-03-05, 09:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Amber"
And here we were just wondering what all Zach had done in his past. Ben must of heard us and found that old clip of Zach and the hair. It did make me giggle.

I didn't like Amber's hair. I know it is suppose to be about the music. But I kept looking at how flat her hair was against her face and it was terrible for her shape of face. That distracted me. And I know Amber has a great voice. But she somehow bores me when she sings. I do need to see her sing something out of her comfort zone.

08-02-05, 11:07 PM (EST)
2. "Rex"
"Every Breath You Take" aka the stalker song. lol

Farley felt vibe and looked the part. Sass said really good job. Zach said looked the part but felt boy next door (aka paperboy). Jake felt tried a little too hard with this song.

I thought it was pretty good. But I just can't critique this song because the lyrics crack me up with the stalker lyrics.

08-03-05, 10:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Rex"
I heard on CTV this morning that the betting odds have Rex as the favourite to win Canadian Idol this year. I could see that. He isn't necessarily the best singer. But he is likeable and funny and has charisma and the girls all love him. And as Zach always says it's hard to compete with the cute boys. Those young girls do all the heavy voting.

I enjoyed his performance. I always enjoy Rex's performances. He couldn't quite hit the higher notes like Sting. But it was entertaining.

08-02-05, 11:15 PM (EST)
3. "Casey"
"Like a Prayer"

I think she just ran out of breath on a couple of phrases.

Sass applauds the effort but the song was stronger than her voice. Zach said it doesn't do anything for her. Jake said she nailed the beginning of the song but the song fell off and doesn't sell the song. Farley has a deer in the headlites vibe and doesn't feel the lyrics of the song.

08-03-05, 10:04 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Casey"
To me this was definitely the weakest performance of the night. But then I have thought she was weak every week. And I am still surprised she is still in the competition. But I guess there really are alot of phones in NB.

08-02-05, 11:19 PM (EST)
4. "Daryl"
Girlboy sings "Painted Love"

This boy needs some testosterone. I have more testosterone than he does (and I'm a female). But I guess he sang the song quite well.

Zach said it was really odd but so are you. Jake said that may be his best performance ever. Farley said good job, well done. Sass said he's Jerry Lewis of Idol but the instincts are amazing.

08-03-05, 10:05 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Daryl"
I don't think we are suppose to laugh at the Canadian Idol. And I can't help it. But this kid looks younger every week and he seems like a little boy playing dress up at an adult's competition. I can not take him serious no matter how well he sings. I just think he should have waited a couple years before entering Canadian Idol.

08-02-05, 11:23 PM (EST)
5. "Suzi"
"Heartbreaker"

Jake said she wants to win. Farley says she knows who she is. Sass never fails to impress her. Zach said she actually looked a little tight this time around.

08-03-05, 10:07 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Suzi"
I thought Suzi was an example of someone that did not step out of their comfort zone. The judges are famous for saying this. And I expected Suzi to perform this great because that is what she is. A Rocker Chick doing a rock song. But she almost looked bored to me. Not sure what it was. But something was off.

08-02-05, 11:30 PM (EST)
6. "Aaron"
"Working for the Weekend"

Farley said he is friendly. Sass said something. Zach showed off his shirt. Jake said it was a good performance.

08-03-05, 10:09 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Aaron"
Aaron is just so likeable and has great stage presence. I have heard the song performed better. But I think he will stick around because people like him.

08-02-05, 11:39 PM (EST)
7. "Josh"
"India Arie"

Sass said the consistant style is awesome. Zach said it was really cool. Jake said he delivered the pain. Farley said buy his record.

08-03-05, 10:11 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Josh"
I go up and down with my opinion of Josh. And half the time I'm not sure what to think. I love the Phil Collins song he sang. And in his own Josh-way I think he did a great job. But he is quirky in a way that I don't know what most of the fans of the show really think of him.

08-02-05, 11:46 PM (EST)
8. "Melissa"
"Holding Out for a Hero"

Zach said she shows originallity. Jake doesn't know why she's been in the bottom 3. Farley and Sass said good things.

08-03-05, 10:12 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Melissa"
This was my favourite performance of the night. And I did not think she did that well last week. But this week I loved it. I hope she can get enough votes to stick around another week.

08-02-05, 11:55 PM (EST)
9. "Not bothering this week"
Not voting this week. Can't be bothered. Too much effort and I wasn't completely wowed by anyone.

08-03-05, 09:51 PM (EST)
18. "Results"
Josh, Suzi, and Amber bottom 3. Josh sent back to couches.

Amber gone.

08-04-05, 12:19 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Results"
I read that VoteForTheWorst.com has picked Casey from NB and they are all voting for her. She is clearly the weakest singer. So they are hoping to screw up the results of the show by keeping her on. She still has not been in the bottom 3. Everyone but her, Rex and Aaron have now been in the bottom 3.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •