The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Spoiler information"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Current Message

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-15-09, 11:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Spoiler information"
Since there is some spoiler information in here, it's been reposted from Fanatics.

cherry7 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"
01-14-09, 09:48 PM (EST)

9. "RE: general comments & questions"
Yep, it's almost here. Well, actually the newest season of The Amazing Race won't premiere until February 15, but we can peruse the spoilers that are out and about on the web. Even though the racing teams themselves are under contract not to reveal anything, it's hard to hide the camera crews and teams as they gallop around the globe.
Since I can't really go globe-trotting physically, I roam the internet for the best and most likely to be true spoilers. Then I come back and report them to you. No, I don't have winning team kind of spoilers here. But if you want some information on possible teams and the route taken, read on.

1. One team member, rumored to be a woman, is the first deaf racer on the show. She signs, but we'll be getting subtitles. I'm thinking this might be a benefit -- if she's a bickerer, we won't have to listen! Hmm ... I think the basics of ASL might actually help out in foreign countries as signing is more demonstrative than merely shouting louder at someone who doesn't understand English. This team wears orange and was caught on camera by one of the folks posting at the Reality Fan Forum. The older gentleman with them seems to be the taxi driver. Another uncropped view of the same photo shows only the camera crew and no other teams. Auburn, eh? The woman in this team should be our deaf racer if the speculation is spot on.

2. There's a father/son team from the Los Angeles area. They should be wearing dark blue. This might be a very different kind of father and son team as the rumors have them both being gay. Now, there's no way I can actually verify this information, but this team appears to be Mel White (used to ghostwrite for Jerry Falwell) and his son, Mike White. The son's name might not ring a bell with you, but amongst other things, he wrote The School of Rock which was a pretty big Jack Black hit a few years back. He's vegan which doesn't always work too well on this show.

3. Another team was also snagged on camera in Phuket (Note: Link was removed at the request of the photo's copyright holder - Joel) as they tried to get their rickshaw through the streets. Alas, the cameraman is blocking one of the racers. But it looks like a female team and it doesn't look like they're having an easy time of it.

4. It used to be that this show filmed over a thirty-day period. Last season, it was a bit shorter. This season, it seems shorter still. The time-line for the race has the teams going from October 31 until November 22. That would make it a 23 day race. The Futon Critic has the season capping at a mere 11 episodes (ending May 3). Since the speculation on the internet is running with the thought of either 11 or 12 teams, I would think that would mean no non-Philimination legs. Hey, maybe a double-Philimination?

5. Other team spoilers include: an African-American female team, an older Caucasian couple, a rather typical blond beauties (possibly sisters, possibly Southwest Airline attendants) team, and a male little people team. Yeah, I said little people team, not a single like Charla. That team was reportedly sighted at Romania and Thailand and last spotted on the flight to Phuket which would indicate that they made it to the final four. Of course, they could be just short and not really little. The reports I've been reading seem to vary.

6. Destination spoilers: The teams leave from California, most likely San Diego (although there is a bit of a dispute that they may have gone from LAX). The first destination is Locarno, Switzerland. Leg two has them going via train from Locarno to Interlaken. Leg three heads off to Salzburg with the fourth leg in Bucharest and then Brasov. The fifth leg in in Transylvania and then the sightings stopped for a few legs. In leg eight, they fly from Bangkok to Phuket. Then it's from Guilin (China) to Beijing and it all ends in Hawaii.

7. Various bits with Phil Keoghan have revealed that the teams will be in the cold of Siberia. So, those non-sightings were probably the legs from Russia. They probably don't get too many tourists out there in the bitter weather just hanging around trying to stalk The Amazing Race. theamazingracefan.com

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents
  Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Spoiler information   Bebo     01-15-09       
   RE: Spoiler information   PepeLePew13     01-16-09     1  
     RE: Spoiler information   PepeLePew13     01-16-09     2  
         RE: Spoiler information   Estee     01-16-09     3  
         RE: Spoiler information   Redc40     01-19-09     4  
   RE: Spoiler information   Asrai     01-29-09     5  
     RE: Spoiler information   Prof_ Wagstaff     02-03-09     6  
     RE: Spoiler information   Starshine     02-03-09     7  
   RE: Spoiler information   Estee     02-04-09     8  
   Phil wants us to know...   Estee     02-13-09     9  
     RE: Phil wants us to know...   Belle Book     02-13-09     10  
         RE: Phil wants us to know...   popeave     02-15-09     11  
             RE: Phil wants us to know...   Belle Book     02-15-09     12  
   MAJOR Finale Spoiler (don't read if...   shimane22     03-30-09     13  
     RE: MAJOR Finale Spoiler (don't rea...   vince3     03-30-09     14  
         RE: MAJOR Finale Spoiler (don't rea...   olathejoe     03-31-09     15  
             RE: MAJOR Finale Spoiler (don't rea...   flipxcyd     03-31-09     16  
                 RE: MAJOR Finale Spoiler (don't rea...   shimane22     03-31-09     18  
             RE: MAJOR Finale Spoiler (don't rea...   ohmyheck     03-31-09     17  
             RE: MAJOR Finale Spoiler (don't rea...   shimane22     04-12-09     21  
                 RE: MAJOR Finale Spoiler (don't rea...   olathejoe     04-13-09     23  
                     RE: MAJOR Finale Spoiler (don't rea...   PepeLePew13     04-13-09     24  
                         RE: MAJOR Finale Spoiler (don't rea...   olathejoe     04-14-09     27  
         RE: MAJOR Finale Spoiler (don't rea...   shimane22     03-31-09     19  
         RE: MAJOR Finale Spoiler (don't rea...   Belle Book     03-31-09     20  
             RE: MAJOR Finale Spoiler (don't rea...   HobbsofMI     04-13-09     22  
                 RE: MAJOR Finale Spoiler (don't rea...   Jims02     04-13-09     25  
                     RE: MAJOR Finale Spoiler (don't rea...   vince3     04-13-09     26  
                     RE: MAJOR Finale Spoiler (don't rea...   Belle Book     04-14-09     28  
                         RE: MAJOR Finale Spoiler (don't rea...   olathejoe     04-15-09     29  
                             RE: MAJOR Finale Spoiler (don't rea...   HobbsofMI     04-15-09     30  
   Final Three Revealed?   shimane22     04-28-09     31  
     RE: Final Three Revealed?   PepeLePew13     04-29-09     32  
     RE: Final Three Revealed?   Belle Book     04-29-09     33  
     RE: Final Three Revealed?   joeyshox     04-29-09     34  
         RE: Final Three Revealed?   shimane22     04-29-09     35  

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •