The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"No way..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Femme 3621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-30-03, 08:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Femme Click to send private message to Femme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"No way..."
You're kidding me right? What is this alternate universe where people actually vote for the likes of Tubby Boy Josh?

Ugh.

I demand a recount. Damn you, cycle. You got your wish. May you burn in hell for wishing it.

Femme

"We are men of action; lies do not become us."

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: No way... tig_ger 04-30-03 1
   RE: No way... ejm92 04-30-03 3
       RE: No way... tig_ger 04-30-03 5
 RE: No way... ejm92 04-30-03 2
   RE: No way... I_AM_HE 04-30-03 11
       RE: No way... cyclehausen 04-30-03 13
 RE: No way... Spidey 04-30-03 4
   BWAHAHAHA cyclehausen 04-30-03 7
       RE: BWAHAHAHA dajaki 05-01-03 41
   RE: No way... Femme 04-30-03 8
 RE: No way... GeorgiaBelle 04-30-03 6
   RE: No way... AZ_Leo 04-30-03 15
 RE: No way... managerr 04-30-03 9
   RE: No way... I_AM_HE 04-30-03 14
   RE: No way... lilgypsy 05-01-03 34
 RE: No way... Mysterious Jedi 04-30-03 10
   RE: No way... I_AM_SHOCKED 04-30-03 12
       RE: No way... managerr 05-01-03 37
   RE: No way... Bebo 04-30-03 19
       The Vomit Spirit Has Left Your Body cyclehausen 04-30-03 23
 I am HAPPY SaphireLady 04-30-03 16
   RE: I am HAPPY I_AM_SHOCKED 04-30-03 17
       RE: I am HAPPY cyclehausen 04-30-03 22
           RE: I am HAPPY Drive My Car 05-01-03 42
   RE: I am HAPPY dangerkitty 05-01-03 25
       RE: I am HAPPY SaphireLady 05-01-03 27
       RE: I am HAPPY TourGirl 05-01-03 28
 RE: No way... Bebo 04-30-03 18
   RE: No way... bobstew617 04-30-03 20
       RE: No way... I_AM_HE 04-30-03 21
       RE: No way... Bebo 05-01-03 30
 A few thoughts !!!!! katem 05-01-03 24
   RE: A few thoughts !!!!! I_AM_HE 05-01-03 26
   RE: A few thoughts !!!!! smiley 05-01-03 29
   RE: A few thoughts !!!!! wildchickenhunter 05-01-03 32
   RE: A few thoughts !!!!! tig_ger 05-01-03 43
 RE: No way... BriarRosie 05-01-03 31
 RE: No way... Q 05-01-03 33
   RE: No way... I_AM_SHOCKED 05-01-03 35
       Not shocked........ jase 05-01-03 36
           RE: Not shocked........ PrettyInPink 05-01-03 39
       RE: No way... AZ_Leo 05-01-03 40
 RE: No way... jkokoj 05-01-03 38
   RE: No way... ginger 05-01-03 44
 The Marines Have Come Home CSHS79 05-04-03 45
   RE: The Marines Have Come Home Femme 05-04-03 46
       RE: The Marines Have Come Home cyclehausen 05-04-03 47
           RE: The Marines Have Come Home Femme 05-05-03 48

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

tig_ger 2098 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-30-03, 09:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tig_ger Click to send private message to tig_ger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: No way..."
I'm on the left coast. I would be forever grateful if someone could give me a quick summary of this devasting turn of events.

(I also open all my Christmas presents early and read the last chapters in books first. Please, I must know!!!!)

A Kyngsladye Original

ejm92 2221 desperate attention whore postings

04-30-03, 09:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ejm92 Click to send private message to ejm92 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: No way..."
Ruben in bottom two, Trenyce booted.

Survior 5 Anti-Bootee Champ, Survivor 6 Anti-Bootee Chump

04-30-03, 09:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tig_ger Click to send private message to tig_ger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: No way..."
(*Jaw drops*)

Thanks you, thank you, thank you! Femme has it right. This must be an alternate universe. A very late April Fools Joke perhaps?

A Kyngsladye Original

ejm92 2221 desperate attention whore postings

04-30-03, 09:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ejm92 Click to send private message to ejm92 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: No way..."
Ok, I think my heart stopped...did it not seem like a Tamyra night? I thought Ruben was gone...at least he's still there...but the thing is, tonight was a HUGE win for Kim Locke. She is really in good shape now if she can keep her performances up to par...she's the only woman left in the competition, and I think many of Trenyce's votes will transfer over to her campaign...I doubt it will rival Clay's following, and Ruben's following will get their act together after tonight, but Kim is gonna be on fire if she can keep her hot streak of performances going....Josh has the big "X" on his forehead for next week.

Then again, it could turn out just like last year....the good singer, Ruben (Tamyra) finished fourth, and the bad singer, Josh (Nikki) finishes third.....nah, Josh is next....

Survior 5 Anti-Bootee Champ, Survivor 6 Anti-Bootee Chump

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-30-03, 09:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: No way..."
LAST EDITED ON 04-30-03 AT 09:29 PM (EST)

I think either way we would have had a Tamyra on our hands, Trenyce deserved to stay every bit as much as Ruben

cyclehausen 1197 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-30-03, 09:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cyclehausen Click to send private message to cyclehausen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: No way..."
More than Ruben.

Now we have lost a third of the show quality.

Face it, Ruben's been stinking it up lately.

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

04-30-03, 09:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: No way..."
This is just horrifying. I guess we have our this year's Nikki. Rabid fan base regardless of the fact that he is totally out-classed.

What a travesty. Not even in the bottom 2? And did you see how BAD he felt about it? Come on, people! Even HE knows he doesn't belong there!

04-30-03, 09:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cyclehausen Click to send private message to cyclehausen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "BWAHAHAHA"
I want to see him suck EVERY WEEK and get voted through each and every time. I want him to keep mentioning tat he's a Marine, even though he has used up five times the leave any member of the armed forces is alotted in a year. I want him to win. And then in four months I want him to blow his brains out.

That's MY American Idol fantasy...

...(oh, that was cold!)

dajaki 1454 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-01-03, 01:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dajaki Click to send private message to dajaki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: BWAHAHAHA"
Evil cycle!

04-30-03, 09:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Femme Click to send private message to Femme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: No way..."
Even HE knows he doesn't belong there

Precisely. For that reason alone he shouldn't be there, but add in his atrocious performances of late and WHY?????

GeorgiaBelle 2136 desperate attention whore postings

04-30-03, 09:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GeorgiaBelle Click to send private message to GeorgiaBelle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: No way..."
WOW!!!!! I was stunned to see Ruben in the bottom two. It was shocking!

Of course my votes for Clay don't help Ruben but still.......

Proud to NOT have said where I was when I felt the earthquake after reading IceCat's post

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings

04-30-03, 09:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: No way..."
This could be the best thing to happen to Rueben and Clay. They have been thinking and often singing as if they had this all sewn up: two man race, coast to the finals. It will be intersting to see if they step up their performances now that they realize they may be more vulnerable then they thought.

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-30-03, 09:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: No way..."
I think people are over dramatizing things a bit.

Look at 'Blows very own "rank" thread. Lots of people ranked Ruben in the 3-5 range this week. Combine that with the desperate Josh vote (poor performance this week and almost going last week) and the Carmen revenge voters and Josh is safe.

This is hardly a travesty. Most people were picking Trenyce to go last week and she has been on the verge of going a few weeks now. She had no chance of winning anyway. Ruben's fans are now likely to be energized by this and less likely to throw their other votes away.

04-30-03, 09:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: No way..."
agree. based on last night's performance, i DO think Ruben deserved to be in the bottom 2 (Clay and Trenyce were cleary superior, and Kim had the best performance of the night), but that he still deserved to stay

also agree with your assessment on the energizing of ruben's fanbase and on ejm's assessment of kim getting the boost of the female performer vote...Clay could be in the bottom 2 next week

lilgypsy 128 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-01-03, 10:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail lilgypsy Click to send private message to lilgypsy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: No way..."
Rueben's fans will be energized by this but I must say there is no way that Rueben deserved to be in the bottom 2. Josh should have at least been there. His performance's are not even up to par with the others. Josh deserves to be gone.

Mysterious Jedi 1043 desperate attention whore postings

04-30-03, 09:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mysterious%20Jedi Click to send private message to Mysterious%20Jedi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: No way..."
Bull.

Bull.

Bull.

That was the worst ending to a show I've ever seen in my life. No way in hell did Josh deserve to stay on that show another week. Not only that, but he pushed Ruben into the botton two!!

Maybe next week will feature two genres that Josh can botch up real bad and totally humiliate himself on national television.

I_AM_SHOCKED 50 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-30-03, 09:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_SHOCKED Click to send private message to I_AM_SHOCKED Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: No way..."
LAST EDITED ON 04-30-03 AT 09:30 PM (EST)

it wont matter if he botches. His fanbase is going to make sure he sticks around to torture the rest of us right up to the end.

Thats the problem with being able to vote more than once.

just think about it. If you have two hours to vote, and you are a josh groupie...um why who knows...you could concieveable vote 60 times assuming 2 minutes per call....and I am sure they have josh's # 1-888-LAR-DAS 5 on speed dial so they can probably do even more.

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings

05-01-03, 11:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: No way..."
This is a good point too. Josh has a lot of hate built up for him--but is that hate really strong enough for people dial someone else a full 2 hours? I'm not sure it is. For whatever reason, Josh has inspired people to vote 2 straight hours for him, and that should be commended.

I also think that his fans listening to all the negative talk about them motivates them too. It soon becomes not only about supporting Josh, but about giving a "Screw You!" to all his haters as well. And that can be a dangerous thing.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

04-30-03, 10:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: No way..."
Maybe next week will feature two genres that Josh can botch
up real bad and totally humiliate himself on national television.

But isn't that what happened this week?

Jedi, the problem isn't finding two genres, it's picking which two off of a very long list.

I still can't believe I used to be a fan of his. What was I thinking?

Bebo says...919 beats 205 - I am your American Idol and the Baroness of Babedom.

04-30-03, 11:00 PM (EST)
23. "The Vomit Spirit Has Left Your Body"
Don't worry, honey, you're all better now. Come join us in Kimmel Korner.

SaphireLady 2491 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

04-30-03, 10:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SaphireLady Click to send private message to SaphireLady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "I am HAPPY"
She has had several bad weeks it was her time to go. Ruben sucked, and has sucked. He is an 8note talent and that is all. I said on my list that Josh is 3rd. I still feel that way. I have no clue what the fuss on Ruben is about. He is terrible. Last night was the worst I have heard him and could not believe the judges response of him. As for Josh, well first let me say that no he does not deserve to win, but he is 3rd. Would I be shocked to see him leave next week, no, but think it should be Ruben. I do not however wish any of them to "blow their brians out". That is rude, and uncalled for. Bashing does not mean wishing death to someone, not even as a joke. Guess what, death is not a joking matter. ABSOLUTELY EVERYONE has gotten the message that you can not stand Josh. No problem, but stop wishing death and hardship on him and his family. Because his daughter would grow up with out a daddy. But guess maturity is not your thing.

"Now I will believe that there are unicorns..." William Shakespeare; "The Tempest"

04-30-03, 10:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_SHOCKED Click to send private message to I_AM_SHOCKED Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: I am HAPPY"
Not having Josh as your Daddy is a bad thing?

04-30-03, 10:53 PM (EST)
22. "RE: I am HAPPY"
In this particular situation it wouldn't be the coward's way out.

Joshina Junior will have to go to a special school for half-hippo chil'ren anyway.

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

05-01-03, 05:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: I am HAPPY"

Joshina Junior will have to go to a special school for half-hippo chil'ren anyway.

OMG! *choke*

dangerkitty 1913 desperate attention whore postings

05-01-03, 00:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerkitty Click to send private message to dangerkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: I am HAPPY"
Thank you for your opinion, SL. I know that there are some people who believe that when your opinion is in the minority in a particular place, you should either be quiet about it or leave. But I don't feel that way. Every voice has a right to be heard. So by all means continue to express your opinion, that is your right, even if you are in the minority on this board. I'm sure you would agree with that, wouldn't you?

I_AM_DANGERKITTY

SaphireLady 2491 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

05-01-03, 01:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SaphireLady Click to send private message to SaphireLady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: I am HAPPY"
Minority is my life. I like to root for the underdogs. I think Frosty should have his own house anywhere he wants. Always try to get that royal flush. Okay my mind is blank it is too darn late.

Thank you.

"Now I will believe that there are unicorns..." William Shakespeare; "The Tempest"

TourGirl 98 desperate attention whore postings

05-01-03, 02:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TourGirl Click to send private message to TourGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: I am HAPPY"
Opinions (whether minority OR majority) are great to share and fun to discuss! On the other hand, whining and complaining is NOT . . .

Sara

04-30-03, 10:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: No way..."
I was visiting Mama Bebo at the time the news came out, and we were both completely shocked.

Say what you will about Ruben's recent performances, but his fan base had been solid until this week. As a Clay fan, I was glad to see Ruben's base wasn't as strong as we all thought. And as a Clay fan, you can bet I'll vote extra next week to make sure that he doesn't fall down amidst the Ruben fans rallying around their man.

The cameraman spent a lot of time focused on our paunchy Marine, who was as stunned as everyone else. Add me to the list of people who think AI3 will be dead in the water if he somehow manages to beat the people with real talent who are still in this competition.

Bebo says...919 beats 205 - I am your American Idol and the Baroness of Babedom.

bobstew617 723 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-30-03, 10:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bobstew617 Click to send private message to bobstew617 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: No way..."
>Add me to the list of people who think AI3 will
>be dead in the water if he somehow manages to
>beat the people with real talent who are still in
>this competition.

That is EXACTLY what I thought after this travesty of an ending. And, BTW, the whole show was FAR too long and boring. Simon's face was PRICELESS, though.

I don't really care for Star Search, but at least they give some weight to judges input vs. the audience. The knock I have on AI is it sometimes seems more of a POPULARITY contest than a TALENT contest. At least there's no Nikki McKibbin this year--she was dreadful on A1 (and beat Tamyra to boot!??? )

(Bebo, it's scary. You and I have been on the same wavelength lately--there must be a telepathic connection from 919 to 407. )

04-30-03, 10:43 PM (EST)
21. "RE: No way..."
this is the reason i have a love-hate relationship with this show

but in all honesty, whether i like it or not, it IS a popularity contest - the whole point is to see who SELLS. its not a meritocracy, and i think simon said it well and correctly tonight. as disappointing as it is, it is the way the show is set up, and from a certain perspective, it is the way it should be

i just have to keep reminding myself, no matter how big the travesty, i really don't care, cause i don't vote, i don't buy their cds, and i don't even watch that often

05-01-03, 08:23 AM (EST)
30. "RE: No way..."
I don't really care for Star Search, but at least they give some weight to judges input vs. the audience.

I like how Nashville Star handled this in the first few rounds of the finals. At the end of each show, the judges booted someone from the competition, and then the viewers got to vote on the remaining contestants. It worked out quite well - the final three is awesome, and any would be a worthy champ.

(Bebo, it's scary. You and I have been on the same wavelength lately--there must be a telepathic connection from 919 to 407. )

It's because we're both Welsh.

katem 3315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-01-03, 00:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail katem Click to send private message to katem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "A few thoughts !!!!!"
First and foremost I was sad to see Trenyce go, but VERY happy Ruben was in the bottom two. Several reasons for this, here we go:

* As strong as Ruben's voice is, he is just an incredibly BORING performer. Everything he sings sounds EXACTLY the same. Even when he tries to shake it up, he fails. Last night he was so dull I almost fell asleep listening to him.

*Trenyce was easily the most exciting performer in the competition. She always took chances, and yes at times failed, but she tried her hardest, and her voice is strong and beautiful. She always mixed things up, this young woman has the total package, too bad the audience did not see that.

* Ruben needed an enormous wake-up call. The judges have so showered him with praise, that they have for some reason or another been blinded to his faults, preventing him from actually hearing was he could be better, and I do believe he could be a better performer.

* All those who thought Ruben had passed Clay in popularity, WAKE-UP !!!!! Even Kim L. passed him this time. And I do believe everyone was better than Ruben last night. Well maybe not Joshua, but still, Josh was not terrible, at least he tried to be different, Ruben is just coasting.

Trenyce most definetly deserved better, she should have made it to the final four, but her exit was no surprise. Joshua's fan base is strong. Kim Locke should watch her back.

And finally, all those who have said that last year's top ten was better than this years, I say PFFFTTT !!!!! Justin Guarini's LAME appearance tonight, proves it. This weak-voiced poser was the RUNNER-UP last season.

Only Kelly and Tamyra were worthy last season. This year we have Trenyce, Clay, Kim L, and yes, even Ruben.

Anyway, those are just some thoughts. My personal opinion. Your might differ

(c) 2002, 03 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

05-01-03, 00:23 AM (EST)
26. "RE: A few thoughts !!!!!"
well said katem, i agree with every word! (well, i'm not quite as disappointed in Ruben as you are, or as bored, but i agree last night he was #4)

smiley 2009 desperate attention whore postings

05-01-03, 08:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail smiley Click to send private message to smiley Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: A few thoughts !!!!!"
Very well said Katem....and I agree with you.

Unfortunetly Josh does have a huge fan base and I think that alone is all he needs to stay in the competition. I actually think this saved Ruben coz you know next week everyone will be back voting for him. Unfortunetly (again) this may mean the end of Kim L

wildchickenhunter 3192 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-01-03, 09:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail wildchickenhunter Click to send private message to wildchickenhunter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: A few thoughts !!!!!"
Katem
<<<And finally, all those who have said that last year's top ten was better than this years, I say PFFFTTT !!!!! Justin Guarini's LAME appearance tonight, proves it. This weak-voiced poser was the RUNNER-UP last season.>>>

I was going to say this too!
I didn't watch AI1, but I have heard this guy sing a couple of times...ok last night and from that awfull movie clip they showed...but I was thinking the samething. This guy is not all that good. Not sure he could compete with R/K/C, he is probably better than Josh though.

05-01-03, 06:21 PM (EST)
43. "RE: A few thoughts !!!!!"
And finally, all those who have said that last year's top ten was better than this years, I say PFFFTTT !!!!! Justin Guarini's LAME appearance tonight, proves it. This weak-voiced poser was the RUNNER-UP last season.

I thought the same thing last night, Katem. My DH and I were trying to determine which season had the better singers, and last nights performance proved my point--this year has much better vocalists. Listening to Justin mew plantively last night did NOTHING for me except solidify my belief that he has about a half octave of range. I kept thinking he was runner up and it truly scared me.

A Kyngsladye Original

BriarRosie 990 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-01-03, 08:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BriarRosie Click to send private message to BriarRosie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: No way..."
My reaction: "WHAT???"
Lip-reading Simon's reaction: "WHAT???"

It seems like it was the collective "WHAT???" heard 'round the world.

Am I the only one who thought about the Anti-Bootee game? LOL!
"Oh damn, our points are going into the toilet tonight!"

I'm glad I did throw some votes towards Kim. It looks like
I might have to keep it up next week.

Lori

Survivor: Adventurers Club
Outdrink, Outlaugh, Outkungaloosh!

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

05-01-03, 09:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: No way..."
Worst.Show.Ever.

I am sorry to say I watch this tripe. I feel bad for the producer who will have to sign Josh. I just hope all the military personel voting for him for patriotic reasons (it has to be that, cause he can't sing) are prepared to buy his single, cause there is no way anyone else will.

They are actually doing him, and the show a disservice, IMO.

Can anyone say, this years Nikki?

It is astonishing how foolish humans can be in groups, especially when they follow their leaders without question - States: The Bene Gesserit View. All States Are an Abstraction.

05-01-03, 10:33 AM (EST)
35. "RE: No way..."
In a perverse, deeply psychotic, semi-incestual, animal husbandry kind of way, I secretly hope that Josh Wins.

Why?

Because:

1) it would force the producers to completely rethink the voting structure and the allowance of multiple votes.

2) the producers just might as a result of (1) change the way the judges get to influence voting (which right now is nothing more than praising or panning their favorites in hopes that it influences the audience.)

3) Paula Simon and Grand-Daddy-triple-cheeks will be more selective in who they allow past the auditions. This year the show is dominated by the poster kids for high cholesterol.

5) can we please get some costumes and production numbers with some of these songs? These are supposed to be entertainers. A certain lard-assed, no talent twangy salami necked hick, i wont mention his name, comes out each week like he just jumped off the back of the turnip truck...go get some style Henry Hippo.

6) I think a radical approach to booting is in order. Instead of a song and a goodbye, how about a song and then a drop into a pit full of fire ants or crocodiles...if they survive, they get to be in the wild card draw.

7) do not allow any contestant on the show if his neck girth exceeds his cranium girth.

8) do not allow contestants to use personal info to influence the voters. No more "Hey i am a marine vote for me cause you love your country" bullshit.

9) contestants who try to outbitch Simon should get bitchslapped hard on stage right then and there, and any contestant who threatens to use physical violence but won't because "he is lucky I am a marine" should get his lardbutt smaked around by a real marine in a special episode of "Too Fat to Fight but Aint too Fat to sing" a new reality series coming soon to fox.

jase 187 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-01-03, 11:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jase Click to send private message to jase Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "Not shocked........"
This show is fixed and has been from the start. As much as they say your vote counts, in reality, it doesn't. Everything is decided on days, if not weeks, ahead of time by FOX and AI producers. Last night's results was about shocking people and getting them talking, voting and watching even more than they had been. Josh is still around only because he is a marine and has a wife and kid to take care of.

They want to help this guy out, just like they did Nikki last year, for as long as they can. But like Carmen, his luck will run out because he can't sing. What it all comes down to is who they can make the most money off of and that person will be the winner. Talent means nothing in this competition, money does.

PrettyInPink 85 desperate attention whore postings

05-01-03, 12:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PrettyInPink Click to send private message to PrettyInPink Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Not shocked........"
LAST EDITED ON 05-01-03 AT 12:36 PM (EST)

I don't believe it's fixed - and even if it is, we the viewers can't prove that, we can only suspect it, so that's a fairly bold statement (not that you aren't entitled to have it! )

Last night was nothing more than Ruben's fans getting WAAAY too cozy over the undying (and undeserved, IMHO) waves of praise he's been getting. For the judges to sit there, week after week, with not a single word of criticism for Ruben serves neither Ruben, nor the viewers, well. I think the only small, "so-teensy-you-can-hardly-register-it" criticism he ever got was a couple of weeks ago when Simon very nicely and very diplomatically told him to start taking more risks.

Face it, Ruben has been told time and time again, by the judges, by the media, etc. that he has this contest won. What does that say to his fans? That they don't have to vote for him. No matter how weakly he does and how beautifully Clay and Kim Locke do, they will get some sort of criticism and Ruben will be hailed and bowed to for nothing more than his usual arm reaches and "woooh, baby yeah" while the back-up track does all the work. They'll continue to throw rose-petals at his feet. What happened last night was a culmination of weeks of Ruben and his fans being basically told that he will win this competition - it's just a matter of if Clay or Kim will be his runner up. Ruben's fans didn't vote Tuesday night - plain and simple. And the irony is, they got complacent on a week when he really DID sound fabulous on both songs. But we all know what happens when you rest on your laurels - they wilt.

Josh's fans? Well, they knew that Lance Corporal Dumpy Butt stunk up the room in a BIG way on both songs. They voted and they voted HARD to save his butt.

Clay's fans? Simple - we're organized and we're obsessed () - we know to take nothing for granted since he lost out in the group #2 competition, and had to sit around to be brought back by the grace of a wildcard. We're smart enough to vote for 2 solid hours for our boy every week.

Kim Locke fans - well, they vote hard since K-Lo has been down in the bottom three so many weeks, without deserving to be there. They know to stop taking her for granted, or she'll be gone. And I daresay she'll probably have poor Trenyce's fans giving their votes to her.

All of this left poor Trenyce caught in the crossfire last night. To think that for-crissakes JOSH got more votes than her AND Ruben? I was really tired last night, but when I saw Ruben heading down to join her, I thought for a moment that I'd dozed off on the sofa and was having some weird dream!

I sure don't think Trenyce deserved to get kicked to the curb last night. In a perverse way, I kind of had an evil chuckle that "The Second Coming Of Ruben" was down there (never let it be said that the dude walks on water - and no, that's not a fat joke). But Ruben being down there was at Trenyce's expense. I truly feel if Ruben's fans had gotten off their asses and voted for him, it would have been Trenyce and Josh, and Josh might have been gone.

Edit to add - And how could I forget SIMON!!! Hoooooly crap, I thought he was gonna kill someone!

"His name is Blane??? That's a major appliance, that's not a name!!"

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings

05-01-03, 12:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: No way..."
LAST EDITED ON 05-01-03 AT 12:39 PM (EST)

I was thinking the same thing. Josh winning could be the best thing to happen to the show and may get them to make some badly needed changes.

Not to mention watching Simon and Randy's reactions when they realize they are going to have to promote this guy would almost be worth it.

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-01-03, 11:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: No way..."
Man, everyone has great opinions here. As I have stated previously this season of AI is plain awful. I have stopped watching. I am a little surprised Treynace got the boot. I still like Josh but he is just a mediocre singer.

As far as there being an AI3 the producers should think long and hard. Hubby and I were watching Star Search, just flipping, and they had some really, really good singers. I asked hubby why on earth some of these kids did not go on AI. Hubby thinks it is because most do not really have a shot. Most of the kids appearing on Star Search already have agents and such and have been in the biz for a little while and can make better contacts through that show.

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

05-01-03, 06:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: No way..."
Even that new "Divas" show on VH1 has MUCH better singers, across the board.

CSHS79 908 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-04-03, 07:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CSHS79 Click to send private message to CSHS79 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "The Marines Have Come Home"
May I remind you,he's remained in it while our troops were overseas & out of voting reach.So next week they will be voting
strong for Josh(military pride & all)along with the many who will vote in gratitude that their loved ones returned home safe.
So stay tuned for lots more Josh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

05-04-03, 09:23 PM (EST)
46. "RE: The Marines Have Come Home"
Hmmm, all my friends (who will not really be "returning" that quickly - they are actually pulling back to Kuwait and straggling back home in smaller groups) have no plans to watch AI. They want to see their families, not the tail end of a show where they have no idea what's happening. But even if they all do tune in...

Josh is to military people what drag queens are to good ol' farm boys. Trust me on this.

Femme

"We are men of action; lies do not become us."

05-04-03, 10:52 PM (EST)
47. "RE: The Marines Have Come Home"
You mean they secretly like them, but can't admit it in front of their buddies?

05-05-03, 00:05 AM (EST)
48. "RE: The Marines Have Come Home"
Yeah, maybe better stated as:

Josh is to military people

as a carbohydrate is to Mr. Atkins.

as a pimple is to a 17 year old girl on Prom Night.

as a job is to a slacker college student.

as Paula is to intelligent people.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •