The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Canadian Idol First 32 Round East Coast Update Thread"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

06-14-05, 11:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
"Canadian Idol First 32 Round East Coast Update Thread"
Let's keep the comments here until everybody has had a chance to watch the show.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Canadian Idol First 32 Round Ea... strid333 06-14-05 1
 RE: Canadian Idol First 32 Round Ea... strid333 06-14-05 2
 RE: Canadian Idol First 32 Round Ea... strid333 06-14-05 3
 RE: Canadian Idol First 32 Round Ea... strid333 06-14-05 4
 RE: Canadian Idol First 32 Round Ea... strid333 06-14-05 5
 RE: Canadian Idol First 32 Round Ea... Risti 06-15-05 6
 RE: Canadian Idol First 32 Round Ea... Loree 06-15-05 7
 RE: Canadian Idol First 32 Round Ea... HappyDays 06-15-05 8
   RE: Canadian Idol First 32 Round Ea... Loree 06-15-05 9
       RE: Canadian Idol First 32 Round Ea... HappyDays 06-15-05 10
   RE: Canadian Idol First 32 Round Ea... strid333 06-15-05 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

06-14-05, 11:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Canadian Idol First 32 Round East Coast Update Thread"
Ok, I just watched the first 3 performances and I wasn't impressed by any of them. But, I believe that the CTV tape is giving audio problems and the tape speeds are being messed up.

So far, the second person was my least fav.

But nobody is telling me to go vote.

Three is the perfect number.

06-14-05, 11:24 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Canadian Idol First 32 Round East Coast Update Thread"
The fourth guy was ummm interesting. I'm not sure if he's had his voice change yet. That or else he never gave himself to experience the voice change and decided (consciously or unconsciously) to go into falsetto.

I'm not sure if I want to hear him any more.

And the audio problems are very obvious with the tape. (Because my local news guys sounded normal.)

06-14-05, 11:35 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Canadian Idol First 32 Round East Coast Update Thread"
The fifth singer (the Cuban girl) was good (I think) but the audio was still not good.

The sixth singer was good and the audio cleaned right up. If anybody ever wanted to cry foul about the competition, I think they would have a legitimate complaint about tonight.

Either everybody gets bad audio or nobody gets bad audio.

06-14-05, 11:45 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Canadian Idol First 32 Round East Coast Update Thread"
The 7th girl was really good (but I'm not feeling the need to vote for her). I liked her presence on the stage and the sound of her voice. If she makes it into the next round, it wouldn't surprise me if I were to vote for her.

(I typically don't vote in the Top 32 round.)

06-14-05, 11:54 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Canadian Idol First 32 Round East Coast Update Thread"
The last girl sang one of my all time favourite songs and imho fell flat. I think she had some flat notes. And there is only one Freddie Mercury. I've never really liked covers of this song. And they cut out my favourite part of the song (but I realize that you need more than one voice to do the middle part).

Risti 190 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

06-15-05, 02:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Risti Click to send private message to Risti Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Canadian Idol First 32 Round East Coast Update Thread"
LAST EDITED ON 06-15-05 AT 02:49 AM (EST)

My thoughts...

Matt - Now I personally love the song. Was considering throwing it on the 'potential' list for possible audition songs next year. However, his performance... sucked all the life out of that song. Good voice, but if all that experience in performing led to standing in front of the microphone stand and occasionally lifting one arm... I wanted to like him, but I just don't think he has that 'it' factor, to sound totally cliche.

Jenn - I swear I know her, and considering she lives an hour from where I went to school in Alberta... Anyhow, while I liked her style, I wish she would have mixed it up a bit. It was almost too much of the same (good) thing. Still, she has creativity, and she's getting half of my voting power tonight.

Melody - while I liked the tone of her voice, I'm afraid the accent was just grating on my ears. Is that a valid reason to not vote for her? Possibly not, but I also don't want a whole season of Ben translating everything for her.

Daryl - He has Kalan's face, Theresa's deer-in-headlights look, and Clay's voice. I can't believe he's only 16, but I have a feeling that if he had been 16 in my school, while I would have loved being in Vocal Jazz with him, he sooooooo would have been picked on by the other kids. He apparantly goes to a performing arts school, so perhaps musical talent is actually appreciated, but I just got the feeling from this kid that he wasn't used to people actually considering his singing to be 'cool'. Still, very good, but I'm going to count on the 13 year olds to vote for the kid who, like, might actually consider dating them, were they to just meet on the street.

Danielys - Amazing talent, amazing, amazing talent, but so not Idol material. Also, TPTB shot her and Jenn in the foot by putting them in the same group. They're going to split the Jazz audience in half, and Jenn is getting my vote, because I think between the two of them, she needs something like Idol more to further her career. I hope a serious jazz label picks up Danielys, puts together a star-packed rhythm section for her, and lets her record and perform real jazz. Idol won't do that for her.

Stephane - I actually found Stephane's performance to be on the original side. He tooka standard, and gave it a rock edge, and infused it with the energy that Matt was lacking. It was a little dull at the beginning, but I liked what he did with it in the end. Because I want to rebel against the need for there to be a female winner, I'm giving him the other half of my voting power. Plus, he's not a tenor. Any guy who is not a tenor is a rare commodity(which is odd, because they're always the majority in choral circles of the guys).

Ashley - Go work for Disney. You'll be boring on Idol. Next.

Cher - I live in your city. I'm not voting for you. If I see you at a Karaoke night, I won't be surprised. If I see someone better than you at a Karaoke night, I won't be surprised. If I see you after next week on Idol, I'll be shocked.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-15-05, 12:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Canadian Idol First 32 Round East Coast Update Thread"
I don't vote. But I did watch.

Matt - I wanted to like him but had no idea what he was singing. And that is a big NO NO. Sing something the crowd will recognize. Plus he seemed more like he was talking than singing at times so it was hard to tell if he was talented or not.

Jenn - I am not sure what to think of her. I think she is talented. But I am curious how she will sound if she moves on and has to sing various types of music.

Melody - I found myself liking her but I thought she was a little off key. Nice person, but not talented enough for top 10.

Daryl - He reminded me of a little Kalan. Do we really want a rerun of last year? And he seemed so nervous at first but he sure came through in the end.

Danielys - I thought she was very talented. But do we have to keep hearing that song on all these shows? I think she will be successful even without this show.

Stephane - I think he was my favourite performer of the night. Loved his personality and loved his singing. So because of that he will probably be booted.

Ashley - Great looking. But not sure she is ready for the top 10.

Cher - Absolutely the worst of the night. It was painful listening to her ruin a song I really like. Even the judges knew how bad it was and just went easy on her because she had to know she sucked. Didn't she?

HappyDays 53 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

06-15-05, 08:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HappyDays Click to send private message to HappyDays Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Canadian Idol First 32 Round East Coast Update Thread"
LAST EDITED ON 06-15-05 AT 08:23 PM (EST)

I couldn't believe Ashley is in the top two. She is horrible.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-15-05, 08:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Canadian Idol First 32 Round East Coast Update Thread"
I think Ashley won mostly on her looks. She was the prettiest female in the group. And I think the same young girls that voted all last season for Kalan voted for Daryl.

HappyDays 53 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

06-15-05, 08:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HappyDays Click to send private message to HappyDays Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Canadian Idol First 32 Round East Coast Update Thread"
Agree.

06-15-05, 11:32 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Canadian Idol First 32 Round East Coast Update Thread"
I thought Darrel was awful. Give the boy some testosterone injections, please. I hope he's gone first in the top 10.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •