The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Was Diana Really That Good?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol Individual Contestant and Judge Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

SeacrestOut 22 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-12-04, 04:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SeacrestOut Click to send private message to SeacrestOut Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Was Diana Really That Good?"
I'm not necessarirly taking a stance on this issue just yet, but do you think the producers encouraged the judges to really push Diana last night to try to break the predictability of Fantasia and LaToya being the final two?
I'm not saying I don't think she had good performances last night, but I've always thought she's had pretty good performances. And I really didn't notice as big of a difference as the judges made it out to be. Reguardless, this will be the least interesting final three they've had yet.
Just something interesting to think about.
SeacrestOut

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Was Diana Really That Good? Melody 05-12-04 1
 RE: Was Diana Really That Good? JOSHIDOL 05-12-04 2
 Moving Bebo 05-12-04 3
   RE: Moving anotherkim 05-12-04 8
 RE: Was Diana Really That Good? dirtysouth 05-12-04 4
 RE: Was Diana Really That Good? rjrabbit 05-12-04 5
   RE: Was Diana Really That Good? shedevil 05-12-04 6
 No she wasn't steppingrazor42 05-12-04 7
 RE: Was Diana Really That Good? okaychatt 05-12-04 9
   RE: Was Diana Really That Good? AugustGirl 05-16-04 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Melody 18 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-04, 04:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Melody Click to send private message to Melody Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Was Diana Really That Good?"
It's not so much that she was really, really good --- it is more that her whole performance wasn't tepid or flat. Her voice really is good, but she needs lessons for consistancy like LaToya. Her performance has high energy but she needs maturity like Fantasia. Nevertheless, LaToya didn't have energy, Fantasia didn't have vocal consistancy, but Diana had a good helping of both. Therefore last night Diana did the best overall; and considering her age, her overall improvement, and the way she is always willing to give it her all --- for Diana, last night she rocked!

JOSHIDOL 275 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-12-04, 04:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JOSHIDOL Click to send private message to JOSHIDOL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Was Diana Really That Good?"
Ever since Simon declared a Diana/Latoya final about 3 weeks ago they have been told I think to praise her.
She is not a bad singer but it reminds me of watching Jon Benet Ramsey on her beauty pageant tapes.
she is too I don't know.
She is better then Jasmine.
Her 2nd number last night was better but I actually thught she screamed a lot during her firs performance, she wants to sing only songs now that let her scream and hit those long high notes.
I cannot see her selling a lot of CD's if she becomes the American Idol. Actually I cannot see any of teh 4 left selling many.
Wouldn't that be funny if Willaim Hung's CD outsells theirs. It seems like his is outselling the Idols 3 cd.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-12-04, 04:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Moving"
Since this is about an individual contestant, I'm moving it to the other forum.

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-04, 08:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Moving"
I thought that Diana had made some sort of deep impression on you, Bebo.

I'd say her improvement was part of the reason that they commented on her so well.

Miscellaneous Ramblings
--didn't see the show, so totally depending on the boards.

dirtysouth 21 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-04, 05:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dirtysouth Click to send private message to dirtysouth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Was Diana Really That Good?"
I agree with SeacrestOuts observations. I was sitting there thinking not bad after her performance, but then came Simon. To jump on that bandwagon so fast after one song was a little obvious. Randy -Mr. i'm not feeling it waiting for the "wow dog"- was all praises be as well. It might have not been as obvious if it had come after the second song.

What you really know about the DirtySouth -Goodie Mob

rjrabbit 3269 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-12-04, 05:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rjrabbit Click to send private message to rjrabbit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Was Diana Really That Good?"
I'm not a Diana fan and I haven't really enjoyed her performances but last night she was really good. She looked great too.

shedevil 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-12-04, 06:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shedevil Click to send private message to shedevil Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Was Diana Really That Good?"
She looked good, she sounded decent, and the judges are over-pimping her because they want you to think she's better than she really is. Lucky for me, I can't be manipulated by the judges. Diana's best performance in my opinion was "Think" and she hasn't done any better since that song. Her "Partridge" sway (dance) that she's been doing for weeks is just tacky. I prefer the Bobo (and I really don't like that either.)

steppingrazor42 283 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-12-04, 06:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail steppingrazor42 Click to send private message to steppingrazor42 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "No she wasn't"
NO!!
I didn't understand why they kissed her bum so much after those performances. She was good, but she's like a show dog, I think all of her childhood stage experience letting her pull off the illusion of doing well.

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-12-04, 11:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Was Diana Really That Good?"
Perhaps they just think she'll be in the final two and don't want to be seen as wrong in their predictions?

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-04, 09:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Was Diana Really That Good?"
Perhaps they just think she'll be in the final two and don't want to be seen as wrong in their predictions?

I guess they should have pimped LaToya more, because the final two of Diana/LaToya is sure wrong now. This season is crazy!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •