The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Individual Strategies..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-25-01, 07:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Individual Strategies..."
From today's CBS news stories:

=============================

SUGGESTED ANCHOR INTRO:
THE THIRD SURVIVOR SERIES..WILL SOON KICK OFF. TODAY FOR THE FIRST TIME WE INTRODUCE YOU TO THE SIXTEEN CONTESTANTS WHO BRAVE THE WILDERNESS OF AFRICA..
MANUEL GALLEGUS REPORTS.

(NATZ)

THE DATELINE IS KENYA, AFRICA, BUT THEY COME FROM ALL OVER AMERICA... A GOAT FARMER FROM VIRGINIA, A BASKETBALL COACH FROM DETROIT... A RESEARCH ANALYST FROM CALIFORNIA. ALL HERE FOR SURVIVOR 3.. AND ALL LOOKING TO WIN A MILLION BUCKS.

SOT: KELLY GOLDSMITH/REARCH ANALYST/RANCO SANTA FE, CA (01:39:30)
"EVERYONE KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE GETTING INTO, EVERYONE KNOWS WE ARE ALL OUT THERE TO STAB EACH OTHER IN THE BACK."

THE GROUND RULES ARE BASICALLY THE SAME... 16 STRANGERS, TWO TRIBES, ONE SURVIVOR.

SOT: CLARENCE BLACK/DETROIT, MI BASKETBALL COACH
"IT'S SCARY AS HELL, IT'S AFRICA MAN, LIONS AND TIGERS AND BEARS, OH MY."

AS FOR STRATEGY, EVERYONE HAS THEIR OWN IDEAS.

SOT: LINDA SPENCER/CAREER COUNSELOR/CAMBRIDGE, MA 01:24:21
"PLANNING TO FLY LOW."

SOT: KIM JOHNSON, 57, RETIRED TEACHER, OYSTER BAY, NY 01:29;47
"I LIKE TO KEEP PEOPLE GUESSING."

SOT: TOM BUCHANAN, 46, GOAT FARMER, RICH VALLEY, VA 01:32;15
"WHAT I CAN TELL, THE STRONG WILL SURVIVE, THE WEAK WILL PERISH."

PARTICIPANTS ON SURVIVOR: AFRICA WILL BE SPILT INTO TEAMS NAMED AFTER EXISTING AFRICAN TRIBES...THE BORAN AND THE SAMBURU. THEY'LL BE COMPETING IN A MASSIVE RESERVE HOME TO SOME OF THE MOST DANGEROUS ANIMALS IN THE WORLD.

(STANDUP: TO COME.. hotter...darker early...that's when animals came out)

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Individual Strategies... SurvivorBlows 09-26-01 1
   Tom Buchanan... IceCat 09-26-01 2
       RE: Tom Buchanan... SurvivorBlows 09-26-01 8
   RE: Individual Strategies... dabo 09-26-01 3
       Pull Up a Chair and a Monitor, Dabo... IceCat 09-26-01 4
           RE: Pull Up a Chair and a Monitor, ... dabo 09-26-01 5
 RE: Individual Strategies... sleeeve 09-26-01 6
   RE: Individual Strategies... PepeLePew13 09-26-01 7
       RE: Individual Strategies... SurvivorBlows 09-26-01 9
           RE: Individual Strategies... PepeLePew13 09-26-01 11
   Not Clarence Krautboy 09-26-01 10
       RE: Not Clarence SurvivorBlows 09-26-01 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

09-26-01, 00:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Individual Strategies..."
SOT: LINDA SPENCER/CAREER COUNSELOR/CAMBRIDGE, MA 01:24:21
"PLANNING TO FLY LOW."

...any guesses on how long this might work? I'm thinking after Tina in S2, folks aren't going to let this happen.

SOT: KIM JOHNSON, 57, RETIRED TEACHER, OYSTER BAY, NY 01:29;47
"I LIKE TO KEEP PEOPLE GUESSING."

...um, OK. Guess she figured Burnett was going to run and tell that other castaways. Either that or she had no idea and was covering.

SOT: TOM BUCHANAN, 46, GOAT FARMER, RICH VALLEY, VA 01:32;15
"WHAT I CAN TELL, THE STRONG WILL SURVIVE, THE WEAK WILL PERISH."

...well, it seems pretty clear Tom makes it a loonnngggg way. I wonder if we can read anything else into this?

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

09-26-01, 00:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Tom Buchanan..."
Webby can back me up on this, but I had a person who 'lives less than a mile from Buchanan's house' who did not identify himself but said he had 'lots of info'.

I tracked by by his email addy to his ICQ profile and found out who the person actually was and that there is a demonstrable close personal connection between Buchanan and the potential source. For privacy reasons I won't release who the person is.

The source never panned out as he got spooked by something and never provided any info. Does anyone know of anyone in Buachanan's neck of the woods who is talking, because I am not aware of any info getting out.

The way this person got skittish leads me to believe that Tom may have gotten very high in the game and has some prize money that is worth swearing the whole town to secrecy over.

Hardly proof positive but it's the strongest indication I've received so far.

September 11, 2001

09-26-01, 11:49 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Tom Buchanan..."
>Webby can back me up on
>this, but I had a
>person who 'lives less than
>a mile from Buchanan's house'
>who did not identify himself
>but said he had 'lots
>of info'.

Ya, I'll come to IC's defense, he's telling the truth

>The source never panned out as
>he got spooked by something
>and never provided any info.
> Does anyone know of
>anyone in Buachanan's neck of
>the woods who is talking,
>because I am not aware
>of any info getting out.

I think it's time to check out the SmythCounty.com site... maybe there are some locals there

>has some prize money that
>is worth swearing the whole
>town to secrecy over.

LOL -- even in rural Virginia, $1,000,000 still only goes so far

>
>Hardly proof positive but it's the
>strongest indication I've received so
>far.
>

Ya, I think Tom goes very far as well -- probably to the Final Four at least.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

09-26-01, 01:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Individual Strategies..."
Thanks, es-be, and all. I really don't have anything to add to what's been posted here today (durn my schedule, I miss some of the best times!), but I feel it coming on, let's get into it! WoooHooo finally! It's been a long summer and a bad season, let's all get into the groove!

"If the race of man should be left naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few individuals might linger, but in a year would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

09-26-01, 01:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Pull Up a Chair and a Monitor, Dabo..."
There's some spoiling to do...

... and it always remains calm in here!

Well mostly calm... there's the odd flame flower rampage from the clown... and those pesky Seafaring Kangaroos have pretty much taken up residence in the crawlspace...

September 11, 2001

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

09-26-01, 03:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Pull Up a Chair and a Monitor, Dabo..."
lol ty ic. some fun readin around here tonite, i'm goin beddybye now, but thanks to all for all the fun stuffs!

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-26-01, 03:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Individual Strategies..."
I'm guessing that one of these will be the first one booted, because MB wants the first person (or two, even) to be voted out recognized by the public.

It would not surprise me, however, if one of these goes far in the game (ie: not all three are out early)...

Personal guess: based on weight loss, Tom is the one to stay a while... so the question:

Who gets voted out first? Kelly, Clarence, Linda, or Kim???

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

09-26-01, 07:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Individual Strategies..."

>Who gets voted out first?
>Kelly, Clarence, Linda, or Kim???

Your guess is as good as mine, but I'm wondering if it's Clarence because why would MB be displaying his 'ignorance' in his statement? There are no tigers or bears in Africa.

I remember in the weeks leading up to S2, Debb got a fair amount of press time in our local papers and so did Kel (although it's understandable up here with Kel having lived in Canada for a number of years). So you're quite probably right that they're trying to display the first bootee to the public.

"Permit me to introduce myself. I am Pepe Le Pew, your lover."

09-26-01, 12:04 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Individual Strategies..."
LAST EDITED ON 09-26-01 AT 05:39 PM (EST)

>Your guess is as good as
>mine, but I'm wondering if
>it's Clarence because why would
>MB be displaying his 'ignorance'
>in his statement? There
>are no tigers or bears
>in Africa.

I think the poor guy was just trying to make a joke out of the old children's saying

>
>I remember in the weeks leading
>up to S2, Debb got
>a fair amount of press
>time in our local papers
>and so did Kel (although
>it's understandable up here with
>Kel having lived in Canada
>for a number of years).

Debb's coverage WAS NOT of Mb's making -- it was because of her marriage to her step-son.

I dunno if one of these goes, but I think Linda's strategy would work fine for the first few ep's, after that I think she'll have problems.

Now Kim... well, not only doesn't she seem to have a strategy, she also has that "boot out the old ones first" thing going against her (the other women in her tribe are Jessie (27), Kelly (22), and Diane (42.) The guys are 24, 27. 38, and 46.)

Call it a hunch, but I think Kim, Diane and Tom might get along well. The rest are much younger (except for Lex at 38 -- but with that many tattoos and his past, I suspect he'll fit right in with the other four who are in their 20's.)

Clearly "Boran" (geez, talk about MB making it easy for us to call them "Boring") is the Pagong tribe this season...

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

09-26-01, 12:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Individual Strategies..."

>Debb's coverage WAS NOT of Mb's
>making -- it was because
>of her marriage to her
>step-son.

Actually, I had heard nothing about Debb's funny relationship until after the show started, and the coverage in the local paper was about who would be in the Final Four - the columnist predicted that Debb would make it (ho ho ho, get a new job) based on the early reports she was a hard-working type.

>Now Kim... well, not only doesn't she seem to have a
>strategy, she also has that "boot out the old ones
>first" thing going against her (the other women in her
>tribe are Jessie (27), Kelly (22), and Diane (42.)
>The guys are 24, 27. 38, and 46.)

Interesting thought, I hadn't considered that factor yet.

>Call it a hunch, but I think Kim, Diane and Tom
>might get along well. The rest are much younger
>(except for Lex at 38 -- but with that many
>tattoos and his past, I suspect he'll fit right in
>with the other four who are in their 20's.)
>
>Clearly "Boran" (geez, talk about MB making it easy for us
>to call them "Boing") is the Pagong tribe this season...

Again, an interesting take. You would probably be quite right based on what we know so far.

"Permit me to introduce myself. I am Pepe Le Pew, your lover."

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-26-01, 12:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Not Clarence"
>I'm guessing that one of these
>will be the first one
>booted, because MB wants the
>first person (or two, even)
>to be voted out recognized
>by the public.
>
>Who gets voted out first?
>Kelly, Clarence, Linda, or Kim???

Sleeeve, If we follow your line of thinking, I would eliminate Clarence from your list. He apprears to be very strong and even if he were obnoxious, he would be a valuable member of the tribe in pre-merge challenges, several of which have involved strength in the past. ("water bearer" for example).

There were also the reports/rumors of a male named "Clay"(nickname for Clarence?) involved with Survivor who got sick during the show. Clarence would not have had time to develop any illness yet unless it happened in the boot camp which is less likely.

As I discussed in the "Who won't fit in?" thread, "authority figures" did not do well last season, so of the remaining three women on your list, Kim fits that profile and is who I would suspect to go first. She's older, not a major contributor to team Challenges, doesn't fish, and is probably trying to take charge, being a former teacher...

Krautboy

09-26-01, 05:48 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Not Clarence"
LAST EDITED ON 09-26-01 AT 05:50 PM (EST)

I agree Kim (the schoolteacher) is a prime early boot contender, based on age, strength, 30 years of being a schoolteacher who's used to being in charge, etc.

But the wild card is the "Big Mama" nickname... is this something she had ON the show, or something from her real life?

If it's referenced on the show, could she be the mother figure for the tribe and therefore last a while?

And SHE DOES fish. From her bio: "In her free time, Johnson enjoys exercising (running, tennis and free weights), camping, hiking, fishing, sailing, golfing, horseback riding, thoroughbred horse racing and playing games of any kind." ...sounds like a woman who might be comfortable in the environment.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •